7.9

1. Dec 3, 2011
    When i seen the first episode i didn't think much of it but as the series continued i loved it more and more and found my self looking forward every week for the next episode.

Love love love this show! It's in the top 5 favorite shows!! Hope there is a season 2 :)
  2. nbc
    Jul 23, 2011
    I just watched the pilot yesterday, and I have to say...I really liked it. The jokes are funny and the timing is just right. The lead is likable and refreshing, and her voice is kind of hilarious (thought I'd add that in there). Everybody should check it out.
  3. Sep 3, 2011
    Love this show!! Was not expecting too much from MTV BUT was pleasantly surprised. This is the perfect show to blob out and watch.
  4. Oct 3, 2011
    Original show that really speaks to its target audience (teenagers).
    A perfect combination of comedy & drama with an original and ever-changing storyline.
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    Pure genius. Pilots are hard, but Lauren (the creator) nailed it! Probably one of the best acted, and well written pilots in the past 10 years. Seriously. The production value is a little shoddy, but it is MTV not NBC.
  6. Dec 11, 2013
    Awkward is a brilliant, comedic, fresh series looking at the life of Jenna Hamilton and the trials and tribualtions of high school. I think it has a much more realistic approach than that of most teen shows, although teamed with a dark comedy and over stereotyping in a brilliant manner.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Jul 26, 2011
    A series about a high-school girl that's neither maudlin nor alarming nor conceived with intent to preach or to shock. It's further distinguished by its focus on entirely recognizable teenage pains, as endured by an entirely recognizable teenager, Jenna. Its other distinction: strong echoes of an older kind of storytelling, the sort whose characters grow and acquire depth.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Jul 19, 2011
    Not only are high school horrors pretty universal, even if the specifics change, but I can find a way to fit "Awkward" into a tradition of hyper-literal high school comedies like "Pretty in Pink" or "Heathers" or "Mean Girls" or "Juno" or "The In-Betweeners" (if your taste runs to British TV). It's not as good as any of those, but it's not as bad as "Jawbreaker," which is in the same tradition.
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Jul 19, 2011
    The life of an everyday American high school girl has rarely been rendered with such sly and funny precision as it is in MTV's aptly named Awkward.