7.9

1. Mar 18, 2014
    This show is really stupid and boring I wish they wouldn't have any more seasons of this. The plot and dialogue are horrible and the characters and boring and very non memorable. This show has no real plot and should have no real place on tv.
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    Awkward is a brilliant, comedic, fresh series looking at the life of Jenna Hamilton and the trials and tribualtions of high school. I think it has a much more realistic approach than that of most teen shows, although teamed with a dark comedy and over stereotyping in a brilliant manner.
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    Pure genius. Pilots are hard, but Lauren (the creator) nailed it! Probably one of the best acted, and well written pilots in the past 10 years. Seriously. The production value is a little shoddy, but it is MTV not NBC.
  4. Jul 29, 2013
    This show demonstrated so much promise in its first few episodes. Then it quickly went into the garbage. Instead of continuing as a frank look at life as an "invisible" HS student, disenfranchised from the HS cheerleader/popular crowd dream, it quickly devolved into conventional HS programming. Jenna went from being a popular boy's secret "socially beneath him" fling to being fought over by the two most popular guys in her class. It might as well have been a Chuck Lorre sitcom at that point. So sad. I'm not sure I've ever seen a show fall so hard, so quickly. Expand
  5. Apr 3, 2012
    Good show my expectations werent that much and the show just blew me away like a hurricane in florida. I'll be waiting for season to come around soon
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    When i seen the first episode i didn't think much of it but as the series continued i loved it more and more and found my self looking forward every week for the next episode.

Love love love this show! It's in the top 5 favorite shows!! Hope there is a season 2 :)
  7. Nov 25, 2011
    What kind of show is this its a piece of crap i swear, its just so stupid and not understandable i wish there were still good class of shows these days!!!!
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    Original show that really speaks to its target audience (teenagers).
    A perfect combination of comedy & drama with an original and ever-changing storyline.
  9. Sep 3, 2011
    Love this show!! Was not expecting too much from MTV BUT was pleasantly surprised. This is the perfect show to blob out and watch.
  10. Aug 22, 2011
    The audience for this show is way to specific. The characters and the plot are flat, unoriginal and boring. And it is getting worse every episode. Starting with a promising pilot it turned into classical "MTV" very quickly.
  11. Aug 11, 2011
    Didn't expect much from an MTV Show, but the opening episodes have definitely been a pleasant surprise. The actors in this are easier to relate to than other teenage focused shows like 90210 or the like. Hopefully this show can continue to stay fresh.
  12. Jul 25, 2011
    I'm clearly not the target audience. I miss by a few decades. Still, the plot was slow and really without much imagination. The dialogue was way too predicatable.
  13. Jul 24, 2011
    I generally blame MTV, VH1 and E channel for the destruction of Western Civilization but this is the smartest, funniest show to come along since Daria. It still doesn't make up for the Real World, Flavor of Love and the truckloads of other crap they've polluted the airwaves with.
  14. nbc
    Jul 23, 2011
    I just watched the pilot yesterday, and I have to say...I really liked it. The jokes are funny and the timing is just right. The lead is likable and refreshing, and her voice is kind of hilarious (thought I'd add that in there). Everybody should check it out.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Jul 26, 2011
    A series about a high-school girl that's neither maudlin nor alarming nor conceived with intent to preach or to shock. It's further distinguished by its focus on entirely recognizable teenage pains, as endured by an entirely recognizable teenager, Jenna. Its other distinction: strong echoes of an older kind of storytelling, the sort whose characters grow and acquire depth.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Jul 19, 2011
    Not only are high school horrors pretty universal, even if the specifics change, but I can find a way to fit "Awkward" into a tradition of hyper-literal high school comedies like "Pretty in Pink" or "Heathers" or "Mean Girls" or "Juno" or "The In-Betweeners" (if your taste runs to British TV). It's not as good as any of those, but it's not as bad as "Jawbreaker," which is in the same tradition.
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Jul 19, 2011
    The life of an everyday American high school girl has rarely been rendered with such sly and funny precision as it is in MTV's aptly named Awkward.