• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 21, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Aug 4, 2013
    Based off of a web-comic series that consists of the stories and characters straight out of the mind of a 5 year old, "Axe Cop" manages to be delightfully imaginative, creatively bizarre, and at times down right hilarious. It boasts great animation and stellar voice acting. The show takes some of the weirdest and most absurd twists and turns, as well as some of the most juvenile things youBased off of a web-comic series that consists of the stories and characters straight out of the mind of a 5 year old, "Axe Cop" manages to be delightfully imaginative, creatively bizarre, and at times down right hilarious. It boasts great animation and stellar voice acting. The show takes some of the weirdest and most absurd twists and turns, as well as some of the most juvenile things you can imagine and makes it all watchable. The best part is that it does this without any use of profanity of vulgarity, so it's perfectly wholesome except for some violence. I've been around 5 year olds before and truly this level of goofiness can only come from someone of the mindset. Heck I even remember thinking of goofy crap like this at 5. I like the show because it allows itself to be childish by never taking itself seriously and by not focusing on having any sense of maturity, instead focusing on being nonsensical. However this lack of maturity is the shows biggest flaw. Much like the ramblings of a 5 year old at times the show can be so over-the-top it's stupid and somewhat annoying. If you're not in the right state of mind the level of childishness may get on your nerves. It's hard to hate the show because its greatest flaw, the embracing of childishness and the casting off of all things realistic or mature, considering it's also the shows greatest strength. It may not appeal to everyone, but there's nothing else like it on TV currently. And when you take into consideration that it actually manages to entertain and brings genuine laughs, and "Axe Cop" is a success. It may be flawed, but it's a perfectly enjoyable show. Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Axe Cop is a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see a FOX animated show that doesn't overindulge in family sitcom tropes. The voice actors (including Parks and Recreation's Nick Offerman) are excellent, but the animation could use a little work.
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    Fast paced, absurd, grandiose and no BS fresh comedy. Ron Swanson's voice is perfect for Axe Cop, making him seem that this is one of his other unknown awesome persona.
  4. Sep 26, 2014
    This is one of my new favourite TV shows. Every episode explores the over-the-top creative world of Malachi Nicolle, a 5-year old writer. The web-comic (which the show is based on) is a must-read, and lends itself to the show quite effectively. And Nick Offerman's voice is more perfect than anyone could have expected.
    A lot of people are expecting a show with more satirical 'adult
    A lot of people are expecting a show with more satirical 'adult humour', and do not understand the energy and innocent nature behind Axe Cop. The beauty of Axe Cop is that it is written by a child who has not yet been jaded by the corruption in the world. In all its childlike innocence, Axe Cop is a celebration of youth and fantasy; it is the story of the ultimate good guy.
  5. Dec 14, 2014
    It's definitely different. It's also pretty funny, but after a while, it gets a little annoying. It's basically like watching the weirdest dream you've ever had on the tv. It's a cop with an axe riding a flying dinosaur! Entertaining, but eventually you start to think "what the heck?"
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    I manage to get an actual laugh a few times every show. Its got to be because of how batsh*t insane it is. It is clearly written by a kid, but it works to this shows benefit.
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    I like the Family Guy, I love Archer, Duckman was great. Axe Cop needs to be Axed. I watched one episode, just does not do it for me. I think this was be a love hate show. Duckman meets the Family Guy with the least funny parts of both shows combined.
  8. Aug 4, 2013
    It's nice to see something outside of Groening or Macfarlane on FOX. The animation reminds of some of my favorite stuff from the 90's and it has Nick Offerman. I urge all of you to buy 20 Axe Cop t-shirts for your friends and family, and while you're at it pick up the comics and new toys as well. Send some to starving kids in Africa, they don't need food, they need Axe Cop toys andIt's nice to see something outside of Groening or Macfarlane on FOX. The animation reminds of some of my favorite stuff from the 90's and it has Nick Offerman. I urge all of you to buy 20 Axe Cop t-shirts for your friends and family, and while you're at it pick up the comics and new toys as well. Send some to starving kids in Africa, they don't need food, they need Axe Cop toys and t-shirts to fill their bellies full of joy. Expand
  9. Sep 14, 2013
    I'm going to have to get drunk more often saturday nights haha this show would make no sense other wise and the animation is a breath of toxic air. I love it!!!
  10. Sep 20, 2014
    It's fun, it's goofy, it is everything your 7 year old imagination came up with when you were playing in the back yard. It's just pure entertainment, don't expect it to make since just expect to have a good time watching it.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jul 19, 2013
    It’s a nonsensical but inventive and purely entertaining takeoff on superhero tales.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jul 19, 2013
    It is almost unbearable sober. If I have to watch a cartoon featuring a bad guy made of zombie poop named Dr. Doodoo 16 years after South Park debuted Mr. Hankey, the Christmas poo, I need to have whatever the dudes from Yo Gabba Gabba! are on.
  3. Reviewed by: Pete Ski
    Jul 19, 2013
    The brilliance is precisely a function of its incongruity.