• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 9, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
4.0

1. Aug 18, 2010
    Let's just say that it's not as horribly bad as you'd think it would be. I'm just a little bummed by the "performance" of Tenley. She seemed like the ideal next Bachelorette - I thought the most recent one they picked is too prickly. But Tenley comes off as less than together, a bit too bubble-headed, and often downright inappropriate - calling out her fellow contestant for having had sexLet's just say that it's not as horribly bad as you'd think it would be. I'm just a little bummed by the "performance" of Tenley. She seemed like the ideal next Bachelorette - I thought the most recent one they picked is too prickly. But Tenley comes off as less than together, a bit too bubble-headed, and often downright inappropriate - calling out her fellow contestant for having had sex with one of the guys. She's still a sweet girl, though just not ready for prime time. I also feel bad for Chris Harrison - he shouldn't have to host this show. Let the co-host carry the load on this spin-off. And I feel that ABC might be watering down their brand a bit too much by adding the big-brother-like competitions here. Collapse

These reality vets are pros. No awkward small talk necessary--they know what's expected of them, and they jump right in. Things are complicated by boyfriends back home, but not all that much.
  2. 19 male and female losers of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are brought together, "Big Brother" style, to do what they do best: plot and flirt and cry, manufacture drama, do a little armchair psychoanalysis and hook up. In other words, high school without, you know, the learning part.
  3. All in all, it's commendable ABC is so committed to recycling. Green is good, even if in this case, it's mostly the color of money.