• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2001
  • Season #: 1
9.3

1. Aug 25, 2010
    my favorit tv show. 2 problems... 1, the sex scene... pointless, and pretty much ruined the episode. alittle warning next time!!!
    2, there were too many main characters that i found it very difficult to focus on only 1 character's development. still ill give it a ten
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    An excellent achievement in television storytelling. The amount of time and dedication put into this show by the team at Dreamworks and HBO is stunning.
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    Band of Brothers is one of the most thoroughly enjoyable mini-series ever produced. The story of these memorable characters is one that eclipses perhaps any war story over shown on television OR the big screen.
  4. Dec 5, 2010
    Nothing much to say other than this is the greatest series created. Believable, memorable characters, perfect mix between action and history. Unlike alot of TV that has been played in the recent years this will simply aggravate you that it's only 10 episodes.
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    A great movie that followed the story of one of the greatest divisions in American history, the 101 st Airborne paratroopers. It was probably my favorite war movie(s) that I have seen. Also, it was one of the few modern WW2 military movies about the European Theatre that didn't focus around the Battle of the Bulge, Holocaust, or D-Day.
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    Based on the book by Stephen Ambrose Band of Brothers is a ten-part series following the actions of Easy Company starting with their initial boot camp training in Currahee.

Although the show follows Easy Company into the major battles and events of the European Campaign, each battle is shown from a different perspective to movies such as Saving Private Ryan with D-Day for example seeing the paratroopers land behind enemy lines without most of their weapons and supplies.
    Slightly less 'Hollywood' than Saving Private Ryan and featuring some incredible acting performances Band of Brothers is a gritty and emotional portrayal of arguably the darkest time in European History.
  7. Sep 29, 2011
    Seldomly have I been so moved by a TV series, cared so much for the characters. The show is surprisingly free of pathos and hollow patriotism, even if it mostly shows only one side of the war. It's realistic, honest and gritty, much more so than the flawed Saving Private Ryan.
  8. Feb 28, 2013
    I finally just finished watching Band of Brothers´╗┐ from beginning to end and what an incredible mini-series. From the battle sequences of the earlier and middle episodes to the emotional episodes in the end (especially the impact of the 9th episode), this is a true must watch for Americans in order to better appreciate the sacrifice so many young men made for our freedom. God bless America!
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    Perfect from the opening theme to the last minute. An absolute must-see. Great script, well-written characters, impressive attention to detail. No need to explain more.
  10. Jan 29, 2013
    Unbelievable in almost every way. Breathtaking, amazing, spellbinding, Band of Brothers is just extraordinary. I truly loved the show, everything about it is top-notch, a masterpiece if there ever was one.
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    Band of Brothers is definitely the best HBO and TV-miniseries ever. The acting is brilliant, and so is the character development and the battle scenes are extremely enjoyable.
  12. May 29, 2013
    Bar none the best HBO miniseries made to date, only rivaled but not beaten by The Pacific which came out a few years later. My favorite movie/series ever. Just pure gold.
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    I loved everything about this T.V movie series, it's got its fair share of heart touching moments and violence. The actors were great in this series, everyone was great actually, the story was very touching and violent and revengeful. I'd watch the series again if I had to! 10 out of 10, would totally recommend.
  14. Jul 10, 2014
    That was an amazing account on the war. Great acting, scenes, dialogue, and it was beautiful. One of the best shows/movies on war ever. It was just amazing.
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    This is hands down the best series i've ever seen. Band of Brothers tells a deep story of real members of the 101st Airborne Division, and trust me. It tells that story good.
  16. Jul 16, 2014
    Band of Brothers is the bar against which all other media about war in general, and World War II in particular, are measured. The miniseries is nothing short of spectacular. It is one of those rare adaptations that outclasses its source material (though no offense is intended to Stephen Ambrose and his wonderful book about Easy Company).

From the first episode about the original men of

From the first episode about the original men of Easy Company being trained by the ruthless and inept Captain Sobel to the finale, spelling out the post-war lives of these men we've just spent 10 hours watching live through hell on earth, the miniseries never fails to captivate. HBO's second WWII miniseries, The Pacific, seems to have taken to heart criticism of BoB that its cast was too large and the series too short to establish character development. I disagree, seeing the large cast of BoB as one of its strengths. The Pacific felt disjointed, transitioning between three main characters and their own supporting casts, leaving the viewer to wonder who we were with in each episode.

Band of Brothers is a must-see for anyone who considers themselves a history buff, WWII enthusiast, or simply an American who cares about the sacrifices previous generations have made to enable us to live the lives we have today.
  17. Jul 26, 2013
    IF today's youth insists on learning history from TV shows and games then it should be at least sth like Band Of Brothers they learn from. I've never seen a movie or series that was that authentic. Band Of Brothers convinces with the absence of cheesy Hollywood heroism while at the same time still making the characters believable, likeable and... heroic, but in a thoughtful, good way, notIF today's youth insists on learning history from TV shows and games then it should be at least sth like Band Of Brothers they learn from. I've never seen a movie or series that was that authentic. Band Of Brothers convinces with the absence of cheesy Hollywood heroism while at the same time still making the characters believable, likeable and... heroic, but in a thoughtful, good way, not in a bold Hollywood way. Awesome work!!! Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    By far the best mini series ever made. I've seen this series for about 6 times and i take something away from it every single time. The way that this series show the brotherly loved between men in war is unique.
  19. Aug 27, 2014
    The most realistic on-screen war of all time. Very impressive for a mini-series. Though I'd rather think of it as a very long movie. I know I wasn't in World War II, but when watching BoB, I get the feeling that this is how it went down. It doesn't present American soldiers are fully-bred heroes. Instead, the hero factor may be dumbed down... This series dramatically changed my view of theThe most realistic on-screen war of all time. Very impressive for a mini-series. Though I'd rather think of it as a very long movie. I know I wasn't in World War II, but when watching BoB, I get the feeling that this is how it went down. It doesn't present American soldiers are fully-bred heroes. Instead, the hero factor may be dumbed down... This series dramatically changed my view of the war. That's a special thing coming from a television. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Aug 15, 2013
    There have been many great war films, and any number that have vividly evoked the tension, tragedy and terror of battle. But due to the exceptional amount of time lavished on this story, the fluid manner in which men come and go and the drastic changes that mark them, it's doubtful that any film or TV venture has ever come close to "Brothers" in presenting "What Men Went Through" over the long haul. [4 Sept 2001, p.6]
  2. Reviewed by: Barry Garron
    Aug 15, 2013
    It is doubtful that any war movie on the large or small screen has captured the varied experiences of ordinary soldiers better than Band of Brothers. Whether it's the sheer terror of facing an unseen enemy or the momentary joy following a successful mission, the mini eschews the typical movie cliches while revealing and reveling in the humanity within each member of Easy Company. It explains in large measure why this group of regular guys and others like them have come to be called the Greatest Generation. [5 Sept 2001]
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Aug 15, 2013
    Band of Brothers is significantly flawed and yet absolutely extraordinary -- just like the men it portrays. [7 Sept 2001, p.1E]