• Network: Cinemax
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 11, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.6

1. Mar 31, 2013
    I just watched all the season 1 shows this weekend with my wife during the Comcast Watchathon where they made all Cinemax series available for free. I have to say we were glued to all ten episodes and I had to pry her away for Easter dinner. Very intense they try hard to shock you and make you feel for the characters. The characters are not sympathetic. They are hard antiheroes but youI just watched all the season 1 shows this weekend with my wife during the Comcast Watchathon where they made all Cinemax series available for free. I have to say we were glued to all ten episodes and I had to pry her away for Easter dinner. Very intense they try hard to shock you and make you feel for the characters. The characters are not sympathetic. They are hard antiheroes but you do care about them and feel their pain. The moral dilemmas created are complex. You start to hate a character and then he turns around and does something to save people even though it's in his best interests. There are tons of plot twists for those who like the unexpected. The violence and sexuality are not for the faint hearted though. Can't wait for the next season! Collapse
  2. Jul 8, 2013
    Next to Game of Thrones this is the best show on TV. It's better than True Blood. It reminds me of the first season of Spartacus, Blood and Sand, but in modern times. Every episode has me wondering what will happen next. This show boldly steps over the line again and again. Hot women, fantastic fight scenes, and wicked evil bosses. I must have more!
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    I love this show, acting second to none, writing and screenplay fantastic. The story line just keeps getting better with each episode. Lucas the x con and how he became sheriff of banshee is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the new season
  4. Feb 22, 2014
    Awesome action like you've never seen before: thumping fighting scenes, explosions galore, a spartacus like head chop-off. This show has action, sex and great story line. This is the best show on TV today. 10/10!
  5. Jan 27, 2014
    What a show! Sure it starts out as a bit too much fantasy from the writers, but woah, does one ever get sucked in a story as easily as here. I had forgotten the weird set up very quickly and enjoyed the brutality of the picture on screen. Love it. Nice short series which strong episodes every single time.
  6. RPD
    Nov 2, 2013
    I just recommended this show to a couple of friends last night, and showed them the fight between Hood and Damien Sanchez. Needless to say they were both interested after seeing that. I really need to get the bluray's of season one and help support this great series, as I have done for Strike Back...
  7. Jan 28, 2013
    Very entertaining series may not be the most realistic both hell neither is Breaking Bad or SONS but they are great shows. Strap in for every 48 minute episode because your are going to be taken for a ride.
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    I LOVED this series. Have been watching all the must see fare from HBO and Netflix etc and this tops the lot for can't wait for next episodeness (except maybe for Game of Thrones.) Firstly, the story is excellent, it keeps its threads going brilliantly, it's never flabby or verbose, it's always right on point. The main character is a whizz at the ultra-violence and you wonder how he can beI LOVED this series. Have been watching all the must see fare from HBO and Netflix etc and this tops the lot for can't wait for next episodeness (except maybe for Game of Thrones.) Firstly, the story is excellent, it keeps its threads going brilliantly, it's never flabby or verbose, it's always right on point. The main character is a whizz at the ultra-violence and you wonder how he can be so good with his extremities until you find out with a nice bit of back story. Indeed, the frequent(ish) back story elements are part of the programmes charm, you look forward to them, rather than dreading them as annoying exposition, like in so many dramas. Lots of great fight sequences, lots of gratuitous nudity (all skinny up and down women but hey, you can't have everything) and the piece de resistance, THE BEST BADDIE BEST ACTED BADDIE I've seen in many a year, in the fantastic Ulrich Thomsen as Kai Proctor. I was mesmerised every time he was on the screen, his character is brilliantly written and brilliantly acted, and look out for one of the most intricately realised scenes depicting a man confronting his past in episode 8 when Proctor encounters his estranged Amish family. Thomsens' acting here made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. And like all series with a second run on the way, the ending is left somewhat open but is not at all frustrating, it is a fitting and exciting climax, you don't groan and wish they'd 'ended it differently' or given you more, like in so many series. Brilliant, I love Banshee. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    Second only to "Breaking Bad". Reminds me very much of Tarantino and Frank Miller. The survival of the main charakters is always unlikely but they always stay true to their personality... Incredibly dense action from the start and it never slows down!
  10. Oct 30, 2013
    This show is the best show i've seen so far! the plot, the cast, everything is just awsome. Antony Starr is an epic discovery.. he is so real I can feel his torment over Ana. He is so damn cool!! the whole thing is just brilliant.
  11. Feb 20, 2014
    I rarely give a 10 to anything, usually there's always a few flaws that can be pointed out, but this show is clear in their intention, it doesn't try to hide is own nature, and in doing so it establishes a perfect ground for measurement.

"Passive" and "active" violence is a constant, and so is nudity, so if you don't like fist fighting, people shooting others dead, women showing their breasts, soft sex scenes, then this is definitely not a show for you. This scenes really keep me entertained, and I'm the kind of person that finds sexual intercourse scenes usually boring, but I'm quite comfortable if I think they fit into the show, which is clearly the case in my opinion.

The characters are just amazing, all of them are so alive and so filled with character, what an amazing feat, so rare this days, they all feel unique and even better than that, in a over the top show you would expect a ton of cliches everywhere, and a ton of cliche characters, Banshee has none, just amazing character development, I take my hat and bow to the show creators. The acting is in my opinion of top quality, even the less important characters provide us with quality acting. And the main villain of this story, Kyle Proctor (not sure if I'm spelling it right), Sir, your acting, the character you bring to life, you deserve an Oscar, no contest here.

So I read some concerns about this show diminishing women, I laughed at it because it does exactly the opposite, this show is filled with strong women filled with character and strong personalities, but because they have sex with men, some people think this diminishes them. Typical 100 year old mentality, women are free to have sex like men are, just because you think that women should be a symbol of puritanism doesn't mean they should be, if you want to live in your virgin fantasy dome, there's plenty of other shows.

So summing it up, I recommend this show to everyone, minus puritans and anti-violence evangelists, and of course, people that can't understand the difference between fiction and real life.
  12. Feb 27, 2014
    I am SHOCKED that this show is not getting better reviews! This show is AMAZING! I am strict on shows and I watch a ton of TV. This show has a terrific cast, edge of the seat action, and a can't wait until next week kind of story. I absolutely love this show and I can't say that about many shows, other than Mad Men, Hell on Wheels and 24. Please give this show a chance if you are thinkingI am SHOCKED that this show is not getting better reviews! This show is AMAZING! I am strict on shows and I watch a ton of TV. This show has a terrific cast, edge of the seat action, and a can't wait until next week kind of story. I absolutely love this show and I can't say that about many shows, other than Mad Men, Hell on Wheels and 24. Please give this show a chance if you are thinking about it. Its very very good! Expand
  13. Mar 1, 2013
    This show is easily the best shock in three years. The episode that just premiered gives the famous Game of Thrones episode, "The Battle of Black Water," a run for its money. Ulrich Thomsen portrays Kai Proctor in what is some of the best acting I have seen in recent memory. I have never seen so many amazing plot twists before and look forward to watching the rest of this season andThis show is easily the best shock in three years. The episode that just premiered gives the famous Game of Thrones episode, "The Battle of Black Water," a run for its money. Ulrich Thomsen portrays Kai Proctor in what is some of the best acting I have seen in recent memory. I have never seen so many amazing plot twists before and look forward to watching the rest of this season and season 2. I suggest anyone that likes bloody action scenes to watch every episode immediately. Expand
  14. Feb 20, 2013
    it's great and stunning, kind of new story bad side has a good side, angel side has a evil side, especially there's lot love making scene LOL, like real sadistic scene too
  15. Mar 20, 2013
    The show is a bit excessive on the violence but otherwise good fun and interesting to watch. There is some great character development in places in the show and Antony Starr is fantastic as the ex-con turned sheriff.
  16. Mar 29, 2013
    My opinion about the first season is that is the best new series after Game of Thrones. This series could also improve, with more money and more attention to details.
  17. Aug 20, 2014
    My 3 Favorite TV Shows of All-Time:
    (1) Game of Thrones
    (2) Breaking Bad (3) Banshee The creators of Banshee are definitely fans of Breaking Bad....since the lead Sheriff Hood (awesome actor) is a likable bad guy (like Walt)...is motivated by noble motives (the woman he loves, in Walt's case, his family), and in both shows the bad guys are relentless and brutal in their pursuits (the
    My 3 Favorite TV Shows of All-Time:
    (1) Game of Thrones
    (2) Breaking Bad
    (3) Banshee

The creators of Banshee are definitely fans of Breaking Bad....since the lead Sheriff Hood (awesome actor) is a likable bad guy (like Walt)...is motivated by noble motives (the woman he loves, in Walt's case, his family), and in both shows the bad guys are relentless and brutal in their pursuits (the cartel, Rabbit, etc.). The acting is great. The nudity is great. The action scenes are intentionally over the top...because its Cinemax....and its what guys like! The bad reviews are by guys with one step in senior home and more estrogen than testosterone. Any red blooded male will LOVE this show. Watch now. Thank me later.
  18. Jun 10, 2013
    i think its a good action drama TV series with superb actors...but its pace of the TV series is a bit sloppy

but on the whole BANSHEE is a gem...watch it guys...
  19. Jan 17, 2013
    I saw the first episode and was really good I think this show will awsome,and people will love it,its one of the show that will set my dvr. So if someone have not watch the first episode do so you will love it.
  20. Jan 26, 2013
    EPISODE 3!!!!!! ................................................................................................................................................................... enough said.............................................
  21. Jan 27, 2013
    Well,I am quite impressed by this show..I watched episode 3,clearly the plot is going to unfold,..This show is quite intriguing despite its minor flaws in early episodes,..Visually its amazing.Its intended to be an adrenaline pumper with noir like style,and it is..I am going to hold onto it..
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    banshee is excellent,keeps you on the edge of your seat,this show has humour,sex,and excellent story lines a must see,every episode gets better,there are evil amish,and the cop hood is so sexy
  23. Mar 12, 2013
    Who believes it. A way-over-the-top TV show, cheaply done, poorly acted, that's great fun to watch! Let's not even mention the writing... So much to try and keep track of, but who cares? Interesting characters, more and more of them, rule the day. Keep up the insanity! I like this show!
  24. Jan 25, 2015
    The Good: Action, violence, and naked bodies...
    People, this ain't a deep thinking type of production so...take a chill pill. Its got decent enough story lines and characters that will make you wanna watch more...

If you like shows like Strikeback, Spartacus, and Justified...this will suit you just fine.
  25. Oct 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ok...its a shoot 'em up series, but this is brilliantly done, it does have a story that carries over from episode to episode and into series two so that's not it after the individual episode finishes which is nice. yes there are sex scenes but not too over the top and what do you expect from an adult after the watershed time slot programme, well done to everyone concerned for commissioning a third series, long may it continue Expand
  26. Dec 11, 2014
    Banshee is the bomb! Action packed combined with deep rooted story lines that draw in viewers from start to finish. Once you start watching this show it's hard to stop. This is one of those series that is elevating the quality of television shows far above the quality of movies because they have more time to build on character & storyline depth.

While it's emphatically not a great show, it is an overheated yet intriguing one, driven more by visuals than words--and if you don't mind that its gory action and soap-opera plots aren't yet matched by dialogue and performance, it's worth a look.
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jan 11, 2013
    It does what it sets out to do reasonably well without breaking my brain in the process.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jan 11, 2013
    Banshee has has elements of "Justified," "Big Love," Ball's "True Blood" and, of course, the film "Witness." What it doesn't have, at least in the first two episodes, is anything new to say, about small towns, power, corruption, fear, crime or love.