• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 25, 2018
7.7

1. Mar 25, 2018
    I don't like Bill Hader, but since all my other cable shows seemed to take the night off I figured I'd burn a half hour watching the first episode of Barry. This show was so good, it made me giggle after it was over. I'm eagerly awaiting next weeks ep and hope it stays true to this first one, could have an absolute legendary series in the making.
  2. Mar 26, 2018
    I went to a special premiere screening while in Portland, and I must say that the series really has something special on it's hands. The good guys are funny, the bad guys are funny, all the while the plot remains engaging and witty. Music is spot on and the tone is more of a comedy with sprinkled bits of dark subject matter.

Summation: Excellent
  3. Apr 23, 2018
    I think that overall this is a good comedy. My only comment is about actress Sarah Goldberg. I think that either this role does not fit her, or the director has not made much impression on her.
  4. May 8, 2018
    Bill is the bees kneez..! This show captivated me with action, comedy, and great performances. I'd like to make a 'shout out' to Season1 Ep 7 for the amazing performances, just wow..! Set the hook and reel'n me in. GREAT work keep it up, please!
  5. Mar 27, 2018
    Funny and surprisingly touching, a truly original crime comedy with great performances.
  6. May 8, 2018
    I love Bill Hader, but this show is just a cartoon with very simplistic characters. The saviour of this show is Henry Winkler. America should enjoy this wonderful human being and actor while he's alive.
  7. May 18, 2018
    Barry has layers man. I don't know how, but Bill Hader & friends made the simplistic and sorta worn out premise of a hitman struggling to retire into something truly special. This show is unexpectedly profound, the acting is top-notch (especially by Hader, who truly gets to shine) and last but not least it's just simply funny (Henry Winkler is effin hilarious). Couldn't recommend itBarry has layers man. I don't know how, but Bill Hader & friends made the simplistic and sorta worn out premise of a hitman struggling to retire into something truly special. This show is unexpectedly profound, the acting is top-notch (especially by Hader, who truly gets to shine) and last but not least it's just simply funny (Henry Winkler is effin hilarious). Couldn't recommend it enough, each episode is better than the last (except for ep. 7, that episode is absolutely fantastic). Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2018
    Barry is a good show. It has great concept and story. I love Bill/Barry and his older friend as well. The only flaws is the HBO's so called leftist agenda is so pronounced. Not only they don't even try to get at least a single feminine beauty, the slow and sure progressive feminism is ruining the mood. Sure it's a comedy but it is also an entertainment. It should be entertaining in theBarry is a good show. It has great concept and story. I love Bill/Barry and his older friend as well. The only flaws is the HBO's so called leftist agenda is so pronounced. Not only they don't even try to get at least a single feminine beauty, the slow and sure progressive feminism is ruining the mood. Sure it's a comedy but it is also an entertainment. It should be entertaining in the eyes of audience like me, especially when you have to pay extra money to see this. Slow down with the lecture and get a nice and pretty girl on the screen. Keep going with the agenda, you won't have a chance against legendary Dexter. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2018
    This show is perfect. Why? Because Dexter has been off the air for too long. Plus, it's only 30 minutes long! And in weekly installments instead of a whole friggin' season at once! I will look forward to each episode. Great stuff!

1. Reviewed by: Richard Lawson
    Apr 2, 2018
    The show slowly earns our trust with its zany, disarmingly warm affect and amiable actors.
  2. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Mar 30, 2018
    Barry does get good comedic mileage from juxtaposing the exotica of the contract-killer life style with the mundane flavor of the straight world. Yet the comedic ambitions of Barry--which Hader co-created with Alec Berg--are large enough to accommodate deathly seriousness.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Mar 24, 2018
    A bittersweet dramedy that's uncomfortably funny and simultaneously dark and tense.