Bates Motel : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 18, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.9

1. Nov 15, 2014
    I too think this show should have been set in the 50's. There was time in a series to explore Norman and Norma and it was not done from the get go. It is not as believe able as it could be. Set in the present just doesn't feel right. Some parts are boring and drawn out. They are waiting a long time for a 3rd season and unless something changes it will be the last. Remember most of theI too think this show should have been set in the 50's. There was time in a series to explore Norman and Norma and it was not done from the get go. It is not as believe able as it could be. Set in the present just doesn't feel right. Some parts are boring and drawn out. They are waiting a long time for a 3rd season and unless something changes it will be the last. Remember most of the babyboomers saw the original Psycho and this is not on the edge of your seat drama. The shower scene is one I will never forget! Expand
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    This season is just repeating the same ideas only this time it is getting bigger in characters, a story that I am not that interested in to be the main plot "Who killed Bradley's dad?". I love the characters but it feels rushed and just not ready. My rating isn't official but it will change through the series.
  3. May 30, 2014
    Bates Motel never seems to disappoint, is an example of a great show with great writing and a great plot. Even though the story is about Norman (Freddie Highmore), the main focus of the show seems to be his mother Norma (Vera Farmiga) who delivers great performances week after week.
  4. Mar 26, 2014
    Excellent show! Such an amazing cast (Freddie, Vera, and Max) and full of surprises. The new season explores more of Norman's psychotic side and it's interesting to see what he does next. Each episode ends with a twist or a shocking discovery which makes you want more.
  5. May 31, 2014
    This as really grown as a series. Performances are all uniformly excellent especially the sensational Vera Farmiga. The story's trajectory is also keeping things taut but credible and there are a lot more little homages to Hitchcock in scene after scene which are subtly integrated. A series of real quality and class that, whilst having undoubted commercial appeal, does not pander to theThis as really grown as a series. Performances are all uniformly excellent especially the sensational Vera Farmiga. The story's trajectory is also keeping things taut but credible and there are a lot more little homages to Hitchcock in scene after scene which are subtly integrated. A series of real quality and class that, whilst having undoubted commercial appeal, does not pander to the lowest common denominator. A triumph to be applauded. Expand
  6. lox
    May 19, 2014
    While I find Season 1 slightly better, Season 2 still has excellent performances from its recurring cast and from new-coming characters. Some of the episodes in Season 2 are sightly underwhelming, but answered questions regarding Norman's blackouts and what occurs in the midst of them as well as whether or not Norman did or didn't kill Ms. Watson makes up for any flaws.
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    Spot on performances keep this psycho- drama from milking it's predecessor. While it suffers from a bit too much melodrama, the transition into insanity portrayed by the Bates family is an insightful picture of human depravity. Season 2 seems capable of pulling we viewers back into it's complex web.
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw "Bates Motel" 1st show I was really creep-ed out. I didn't really want to even watch anymore episodes and so I didn't. I had such a strong adverse reaction and saw that it had a 2nd season starting, so I thought that I would give it another try. Something told me that I needed to watch it again. I have been watching it ever since. I went back and paid to watch all of the 1st season and I am now anxiously waiting every week for each episode. Norma, Norman and Dylan are such great characters. Norma and Norman's relationship is shown as so unhealthy that it is easy to understand how Norman develops into such a sick tragic person. Norma's smothering sexual character refusing to let Norman grow up and show any kind of independence explains why Norman could never let go of her and why a love/hate relationship developed. Emma is such a great character and a wonderful actress. I hope that we see a lot of her for a long time on the show. Norman's other "romance" was great as well, we saw him get his hopes up so high and then to be so disappointed when he was tossed aside and told that he wasn't "normal" enough, yet after that he still helps her after she murders someone. His other love interest was fun to watch and to see him slipping further away as he has more of his blackouts. That relationship comes to an abrupt end when Norman pushes her father away from her while he is "beating/being abusive" to her causing him to fall down the basement stairs resulting in his death. Again tragedy strikes and Norman is pushed further away from any chance of a normal live. Normal, Norman, Norma.....funny The sheriff is one interesting dark character. He seemed to walk the straight and narrow until he helped covered up a couple of killings and then kills another guy. The whole town is creepy. For such a beautiful part of the country and a beautiful town right on the water there is so much craziness and evil. As I watch the show I watch Norman sink further and further into madness and I watch how the other characters either help him to become crazy, fall victim to him being crazy or are one brief moment of light in his tragic life. Expand
  9. Jun 28, 2014
    the second season is really good. you get to choose your favorite characters and to feel with them. even characters that you disliked in the beginning develop and you start to see them in another light. I loved how Norman developed. I can only recommend this show!

1. Reviewed by: Matt Brennan
    Mar 25, 2014
    With an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach to storytelling that drags the focus away from the one relationship worth watching. Indeed, much of the credit for the show's kooky appeal falls solely to Farmiga.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 3, 2014
    So far, several story lines of small-town secrets and drama have fanned out and fizzled, making it hard to tell if “Bates Motel” wants to be compellingly chilling or just tediously unnerving.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Mar 3, 2014
    Bates Motel developed into a watchable, character-driven thriller in its first season. As season two begins, it seems poised to maintain that same level of quality.