• Network: Syfy
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. gregw.
    Jan 10, 2009
    I love this show, and was hooked from the first episode.
  2. SaulTigh
    Oct 20, 2009
    gotta laugh at the people who say that machines using faith makes no sense... and then procede to suggest star wars as good sci fi. bsg has moved far beyond the "star wars ripoff" the 1970's series was. if you haven't watched this show yet, do yourself a favor.
  3. Eric
    Oct 9, 2008
    Easily the best show on television. The writing, the production, the characters, the acting ensemble are all top-notch. Much as sci-fi is the heart of the show, Battlestar continues to transcend the genre, entertaining us while inspiring our imagination.
  4. JasonP.
    Apr 5, 2008
    So very good.
  5. MattS
    Jun 6, 2008
    BSG continues to surprise me and while I certain episodes this season have been more memorable than others, I eagerly await it each week.
  6. CharlesG
    Jun 28, 2009
    Best show on TV, EVER!!!
  7. PaulC
    Apr 29, 2008
    One of the best shows on television right now period. So say we all!
  8. Nevin
    Apr 29, 2008
    The most topical and mature drama on TV. It doesn't get any better than this. So Say We All!
  9. PeteD.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This show continues to raise the bar, not only for the sci-fi genre, but television as a whole.
  10. EdF.
    Apr 7, 2008
    Great drama! The dense plot remains smart and achingly human. A shame it has to end.
  11. ChrisC.
    Apr 7, 2008
    Even when Battlestar Galactica is a little disappointing, it's still far and away the best show on television. Any complaints I'd have would just be nitpicks.
  12. AndréB.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This season has been good in so many levels... Many of the mysteries are discovered. Now it's about the characters... If there's one problem with this season so far, it's the fact that too much is happening too quickly.
  13. DavidW.
    Jan 25, 2009
    This show is one of the best on TV. It seems the last 10 episodes will continue to an explosive climax and conclusion. A previous user said the finale was rushed with many unanswered questions. Well.. the series is not over yet. I'm not sure what he is talking about.
  14. MichaelL
    Mar 6, 2009
    The best Frakkin show on TV! Possibly my favorite drama of all time and there's a ton I love over the years.
  15. DevinW.
    Apr 12, 2008
    GREAT!!! This is easily the best show on tv! It's like reading one of the science fiction classics! And don't complain about it not making sense because you haven't seen the other ones, this isn't a sitcom.
  16. BrandonS.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Best show on television. No other show even comes close. It breaks my heart that the second half of this season won't air until 2009. Absolutely amazing show. Even my non-sci-fi-loving wife can't get enough of BSG. Truly great.
  17. AndyF
    Sep 25, 2009
    I think I will have All Along the Watchtower stuck in my head for the rest of my life... Battlestar Galactica is probably the best Sci-Fi show ever. I just finished watching the entire series a second time and, with all the fan-boy ideas left at the season finale, I really enjoyed it! I can't believe I forgot how good this was! For those who have never seen or (gods forgive) heard of I think I will have All Along the Watchtower stuck in my head for the rest of my life... Battlestar Galactica is probably the best Sci-Fi show ever. I just finished watching the entire series a second time and, with all the fan-boy ideas left at the season finale, I really enjoyed it! I can't believe I forgot how good this was! For those who have never seen or (gods forgive) heard of this series, you NEED to watch it. Yes, it is science fiction, but it's written like a war drama. Yes, the normal cliche's are there (the Hotshot pilot, the Resistance fighter. Well actually, that's it, and the writers even managed to make those interesting.) However, the actors are generally brilliant, (one eye acting!), and the music/ special effects are movie quality. It is like nothing else on television. Most importantly, it's a show that's not afraid to treat the audience like adults. They allow you to figure things out, there's only a few "Spock' Vulcan database" moments, and the writers manage to show their ideas through visual methods. Not to mention the relevant nature of the material. This show IS the war on terror. An American-like civilization fighting a vastly different civilization it can't hope to comprehend. It's dark. It's real. It's great. Expand
  18. Nov 29, 2012
    Things are coming to a head for the characters of Galactica, with Starbuck's mad quest, grumblings of rebellion among the fleet, and the shocking revelation of the final five (in one of the greatest scenes ever put to film.) I found this season to be a seamless continuation of the BSG story and an edge-of-your seat political thrill ride.
  19. JohnH.
    Apr 5, 2008
    The only reason it gets a 9 and not a full 10 is that I'm wary of the all-female religious cult that Baltar has been adopted by...hmmm, no one would EVER notice him being smuggled away in that bright orange blanket. Otherwise, BSG is as amazing and intelligent as ever.
  20. MartinS
    Mar 23, 2009
    Easily the best SciFi drama ever. Atleast the best TV SciFi drama. I hated the original so much I didn't watch the first season. I was surprised to see so much religious emphasis in a Sci-Fi show but in retrospect it all seems plausible.
  21. joes
    Nov 20, 2009
    season 4 is awesome, although season 2 will always be my favourite, 4 is very enjoyable and better than 3.
  22. AdrianS.
    Feb 12, 2009
    While I'd love to give this show a 10 for its depth, epic scope, and poignant study of human civilization through the microcosm of the fleet, there have been episodes that drag, and the soap opera quality of some of the relationships got tedious (especially in season 3). That being said, there are so many highs in the series that completely erase any memories of the While I'd love to give this show a 10 for its depth, epic scope, and poignant study of human civilization through the microcosm of the fleet, there have been episodes that drag, and the soap opera quality of some of the relationships got tedious (especially in season 3). That being said, there are so many highs in the series that completely erase any memories of the not-so-spectacular episodes. Battlestar Galactica excels in merging ideologies with action, which are executed with brilliant detail in the form of tense diplomacy, space battles, enemy occupation, and rebellions. These episodes catapult the quality and depth of the series far beyond what I've ever seen in science fiction, and I commend the series for its stellar approach and its constant reckoning of the human spirit. Expand
  23. Apr 11, 2013
    Should go down as one the greats. Philosophical, spiritual, beautiful, ugly, violent, and most of the time extremely well done. This series I believe ranks in the top 5 of The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad. The shows human elements are so well constructed and by the time I hit the 4th season my brain was already melted. There are few wayward episodes that do not move the storyShould go down as one the greats. Philosophical, spiritual, beautiful, ugly, violent, and most of the time extremely well done. This series I believe ranks in the top 5 of The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad. The shows human elements are so well constructed and by the time I hit the 4th season my brain was already melted. There are few wayward episodes that do not move the story forward, and some of the characters presences and acting are better than others, but believe this series fracking rocks. Expand
  24. AaronS
    Mar 10, 2009
    A great concept. A good, but uneven start. Based on Whedon's track-record it's well worth giving it his usual period to mature.
  25. TravisA
    Mar 13, 2009
    BSG is undoubtedly one of best shows in a long time, and the 1st season kicked some serious butt. However, I feel the show, at times, lacks focus. There seems to be this endless babbling of incoherent emotion...it has become more like a soap opera staged in space than a Sci Fi adventrue. The main theme of the show seems to be that of depression and it has certainly become depressing to BSG is undoubtedly one of best shows in a long time, and the 1st season kicked some serious butt. However, I feel the show, at times, lacks focus. There seems to be this endless babbling of incoherent emotion...it has become more like a soap opera staged in space than a Sci Fi adventrue. The main theme of the show seems to be that of depression and it has certainly become depressing to watch. I give it an 8 because the first season was that good and a part of me keeps hoping that the writers will come to their senses and deliver back to us a once brilliant show. Expand
  26. May 25, 2013
    Judging this Third Season of Battlestar Galactica by the high standards of Seasons One and Two it is easy to view it as a slight disappointment, particularly since it starts strongly following the last year's unexpected cliff-hanger.

Much of what made Battlestar so good for Two Seasons remains in place here. Refusing to pull its punches the opening episodes deal unflinchingly with the issues raised when an occupying force comes up against a determined local resistance (in a conflict that draws comparisons with the US occupation of Iraq). This strong storytelling combined with excellent performances from the cast and breathtaking combat scenes continues to make for fantastic viewing on plenty of occasions.

Where this series did falter however was in the increased focus on the Cylons. Season two had already done an excellent job of showing that they are not all the monsters we first believed them to be and Baltar's experiences aboard their ship, as well as often being unnecessary to the plot, came close to taking the show into your typical cliched sci-fi territory on more than one occasion and that has never been what Battlestar has been about.

Despite these mis-steps I can still highly recommend this Third season to anyone that has enjoyed the show so far and the many plot twists will keep viewers guessing throughout.
  27. Jul 1, 2011
    best show ever, no doubt about it. consistantly excellent even tho the last season went off the rails a little (4 is the last season not 5 so not sure why MC has that down?) Great acting , great set pieces throughout - just watch watch watch (and from the beginning!)
  28. KoshK.
    May 5, 2008
    Much more slowly paced than seasons one to three, the opening chapters of Battlestar Galactica season four focus on people and faith. Perhaps something of a disappointment to those who've enjoyed the fast pace, military sci-fi and biting political drama of earlier seasons.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The series' brilliant conceit is that enemies are often sane and rational, and many good guys and gals are obsessed, flawed, and ruthless.
    Riveting as ever, Battlestar Galactica proves again that sci fi doesn't have to be clap trap.
    The premiere should please fans who consider Battlestar Galactica a landmark and entice newcomers to look at previous seasons on DVD.