• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.3

1. Dec 21, 2012
    It is very easy to become dependent on this serial. Critics didn't like it at all, but I'm fond of it. Especially cool is the string of feelings between main characters - chemistry between sexually sad doctor-halk and cop-girl.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    This tv series is starting to grown on me. After watching episode 1, I didn't want to stop. It's an addictive tv series and i can't wait for the next episode! It's a part of my life now.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    It is a descent remake which actually has a good story.. I can't wait for the next episode. I cannot understand the negativity and also it is absurd to me that breaking bad is so highly recommended the serial is foolish...
  4. Dec 7, 2012
    i love the show!! cant wait to see them get together,,,, of course there are many reason why they shouldn't but finding a way is why i love romantic shows like this,,
  5. Dec 12, 2012
    I love this show! I am a HUGE fan and I really want to see where it can go. It has amazing potential! I want to see another season! It is so different from anything on T.V right now. It has substance!! Sherri & Jenn are so creative and I know they have an amazing advanture ahead if given the chance to journey there.
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    I love the series you never have compare one to another, its that you compare a boyfriend to another or a food, differences make the life better and this its different. They are great and its more real the another one was great in that time but it was't real because the beast was to much for reality, this one its more credibility because can happen.

Just enjoy the show. Merry Christmas.
  7. Dec 30, 2012
    I am loving this show! It was a little slow starting out, but now it is so interesting! I have been watching it on Hulu. I just finished watching the last episode that is one there last night. I cant wait for the show to come back after new years!!
  8. Nov 1, 2012
    I personally didn't like the 1980s version, so for me CW's remake is a vast improvement. I'm interested to see where the series goes - given that we've only seen 3 episodes so far...
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    I was a fan of the '80's version so wasn't sure what to expect of this new one. I am really enjoying it, love the twist on the "beast" being due to a secret military experiment gone wrong. I absolutely love the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine. JT is a great sidekick, great comic relief. Jay is very easy on the eyes, love his expressions, emotes well. I really like Kristin as Cat,I was a fan of the '80's version so wasn't sure what to expect of this new one. I am really enjoying it, love the twist on the "beast" being due to a secret military experiment gone wrong. I absolutely love the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine. JT is a great sidekick, great comic relief. Jay is very easy on the eyes, love his expressions, emotes well. I really like Kristin as Cat, her fight scenes are believable, can tell she has martial arts training. Expand
  10. Dec 30, 2012
    I'm really loving Beauty and the Beast! It is the only show I watch live, in fact. Each episode seems to improve over the last. I'm enjoying watching the romance between Vincent and Catherine, slowly unfold. Kristin and Jay have great chemistry. I hope this show gets more seasons. It is just now starting to hit its stride.
  11. Dec 27, 2012
    I Love this show!!! Its soo good! It has a really good story line and a great romance at the core, its gripping! I love the characters and I cannot wait for the next episode to see what happens with Catherine and Vincent! Jay Ryan is Gorgeous as the Beast! I really hope it gets a second season!!
  12. Jan 4, 2013
    This isn't the same as the original show; it was 25 years ago to start with and I did see it new. I do however consider this a worthy successor and would be disappointed if it were canceled.
  13. Dec 30, 2012
    I was never a fan of the "original" but this is a complete different take but with the same elements, I think Kristing K and Jay R chemistry is palpable, and is CW if Nikita, 90210 can make it more than 2 seasons, so BATB can. I am for once enjoying the ride, I havent been to the CW since it was the WB with Roswell and Im liking am a live fan every Thursdays Im in front of my tv watchingI was never a fan of the "original" but this is a complete different take but with the same elements, I think Kristing K and Jay R chemistry is palpable, and is CW if Nikita, 90210 can make it more than 2 seasons, so BATB can. I am for once enjoying the ride, I havent been to the CW since it was the WB with Roswell and Im liking am a live fan every Thursdays Im in front of my tv watching this show, I dont usually watch tv but Merlin, Once Upon a time and this baby BATB. Collapse
  14. Jan 7, 2013
    The story would need a bit of improvement (especially from the point of individual crime cases and the fast pacing), but it is generally getting much better as the show proceeds. Unlike the critics I think it is very nice to have a different remake from the 80-ties version and a different background story for Vincent. And the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine is just amazing!!!
  15. Jan 16, 2013
    I, for one, am an avid fan of this new series. I began the show without expectations, but it quickly reeled me in. Kristin and Jay have so much on-screen chemistry. But beyond that, I love that Catherine Chandler can hold her own ground. I like shows with strong heroines, and she proves to be just that. Not to mention Jay is great as the beast, filled with his angst and inner turmoil.
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    It gets really tiring to see ppl complain how the beast is too attrative to play this role. Get over it. It's obvious that it's not just about his physical apperance but about his inner beast. And yes you might argue that this is a remake of the 1980's show BUT a remake doesn't mean that the show has to be just like the one that already excists, I mean isn't that the exciting part aboutIt gets really tiring to see ppl complain how the beast is too attrative to play this role. Get over it. It's obvious that it's not just about his physical apperance but about his inner beast. And yes you might argue that this is a remake of the 1980's show BUT a remake doesn't mean that the show has to be just like the one that already excists, I mean isn't that the exciting part about this? This show is going a whole different way. And it is getting better with every epsiode! If you weren't too thrilled by the pilot, you should still give it a try. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. I think this show really has something. Especially the chemistry between Catherine and Vincent, it's electrifying! Expand
  17. Jan 21, 2013
    When I heard about the new show, I was worried that like many others shows that have come out recently it would be a fail and be cancelled. As a fan of the original film I wasn't sure I would enjoy it but I was willing to try. This was by far one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, the plot was great, the script was perfect, every line meant something. The cast and acting wereWhen I heard about the new show, I was worried that like many others shows that have come out recently it would be a fail and be cancelled. As a fan of the original film I wasn't sure I would enjoy it but I was willing to try. This was by far one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, the plot was great, the script was perfect, every line meant something. The cast and acting were brilliant, the characters, interesting and the whole concept just fabulous. I cannot wait to see where they go with this and I hope to see many more series. Even though there are mixed reviews, there are always going to be people who don't like it but I hope that this will continue. Give this show a chance to show it's potential. I can see it going far! The perfect match of romance and drama! Expand
  18. Jan 31, 2013
    Ive been waiting for so long for a AMAZING TV DRAMA to watch after Prison Break. But thank youuuuuu to the Director of this NEW tv drama. Man you are doing a awesome job for this new tv drama. Im so obsessed by this lovely amazing tv drama. dammm.Speechless. Jay and Kristin are the matching couple in this new drama and are AMAZINGGGG actors playing VICENT and CAT. PERFECT FOR EACH OTHERIve been waiting for so long for a AMAZING TV DRAMA to watch after Prison Break. But thank youuuuuu to the Director of this NEW tv drama. Man you are doing a awesome job for this new tv drama. Im so obsessed by this lovely amazing tv drama. dammm.Speechless. Jay and Kristin are the matching couple in this new drama and are AMAZINGGGG actors playing VICENT and CAT. PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER and to ALL THE Producers and everyone behind this amazing tv drama, of making it, actors etc... GOD BLESS YOUS with your GOOD talent. Cant wait to buy the whole series. Keep it up. 100% for this NEW TV SERIES/DRAMA.lol. :).xx. ..ROSSYY.. Expand
  19. Feb 23, 2013
    I have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and acceptI have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and accept yet. Really wonderful show! Expand
  20. Feb 27, 2013
    This show is very entertaining and could satisfy many viewers. It has the more potential than many of the shows we see today. A second season is definitely worth a try and it should make a lot of people happy :D
  21. Mar 2, 2013
    7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get drawn in with the characters pain, their love story, and experience all emotions from high to low and vice versa. It now leaves you wanting for more. Expand
  22. Mar 7, 2013
    At first when I heard they were re-doing the show I was hesitant having
    watched the one in the 80's. But I caught one episode the other night
    and now I am hooked. It's different than the 80's show so don't compare it, similar in concept but different story. The chemistry between the two leads is amazing and the rest of the cast is great. Jay Ryan as the beast does a great job of
    At first when I heard they were re-doing the show I was hesitant having
    watched the one in the 80's. But I caught one episode the other night
    and now I am hooked. It's different than the 80's show so don't compare
    it, similar in concept but different story. The chemistry between the
    two leads is amazing and the rest of the cast is great. Jay Ryan as the beast does a great job of balancing the conflicts of his beast self and that part of him that wants so much to be human. And Kristen Kreuk is so amazing and a great example of a strong female lead, empowered as a detective. She is also struggling between this double life she leads and the price she is paying. The romance is being played out wonderfully. The show has lots of potential. And each episode gets better and better!!
  23. Mar 17, 2013
    This serie is totally amazing. There were a lot of version that were made for this classic fairytale, but I think that's the beast one. It's really modern, not only base on the love story but also with investigations. Actors are awesome, Kristin Kreuk is doing an amzing job as always, we can forget easily that she played Lana a complete different role, because she plays Catherine veryThis serie is totally amazing. There were a lot of version that were made for this classic fairytale, but I think that's the beast one. It's really modern, not only base on the love story but also with investigations. Actors are awesome, Kristin Kreuk is doing an amzing job as always, we can forget easily that she played Lana a complete different role, because she plays Catherine very weel, a strong woman. And Jay Ryan is really really great actor, not surprising that he is popular in his native coutry, Australia. Anyway, I became a real addict to this show, producer's are doing a great job to always keep the story attractive. I love it Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2013
    Beauty and the Beast deserves to be watched. It's romantic, dramatic, funny, sad and emotional. All the actors got just the right part in the show as well as the suspense, the romance and the action got the right dosage. The low scores from the critics are based on the pilot (1 episode) of BatB while they need to see in its whole before to give such bad reviews. BatB has improvedBeauty and the Beast deserves to be watched. It's romantic, dramatic, funny, sad and emotional. All the actors got just the right part in the show as well as the suspense, the romance and the action got the right dosage. The low scores from the critics are based on the pilot (1 episode) of BatB while they need to see in its whole before to give such bad reviews. BatB has improved enormously from the first episode, in all of its aspects, and the chemistry between all the cast, not only Jay and Kristin, is strong and visible. IT IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE 80' SHOW, just takes some inspirations from the old one, they said it a lot of times in TV interviews, so I do not know why critics still compare them and base their reviews on judging two different shows. Last thing on the quality of acting Jay Ryan is from New Zealand, I am not going to speak about his past work in movies (LOU), TV shows (SEA PATROL, GO GIRLS, OFFSPRING, THE TOP OF THE LAKE), and in theater (The PACKER), which all are very good and show his versatility and capacity as an actor,he studied American diction in order to act in this show and he is pretty good, his voice and how he is speaking in the show is one of the best parts of BatB. Watch it, it is addictive and it is a good story! Expand
  25. Mar 25, 2013
    Easily the hottest show on TV right now, the chemistry between Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan is insane...
    I think the rioting is extremely good, it keeps you hanging, can hardly wait for the next episode
    I watched the original series, and this is totally different, it blows it away.
  26. Apr 14, 2013
    Love this show and I can't believe that it is on the brink of ending. Great show and amazing choice of actors. I watched the original and it was ok, given the choices of television back then. This one is fresh with a great story line along with the mandatory love mix. Sad it might end.
  27. Apr 27, 2013
    Yes is very different to the 87 version and yes its cliche but its watchable and as the season goes on the story lines are not bad. I have seen worse on t.v these days.
  28. May 26, 2013
    I absolutely love this series and its cast. Great plot lines and script writers have done a great job in making conversations interesting. The chemistry between Kristen and Jay is sensational. I've fallen in love with Jay Ryan. I'm glad he's finally out there for world to see this beautiful guy. I'm buying this series on DVD as soon as its out.
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    Finally, the wait is over. I was desperately waiting for the season 2. It’s impossible to resist the temptation of following the show. I watch it religiously.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    I was really hesitating before watching because of kristin kreuk but I'm loving it so far. And seriously what's with the critics ?! -_-' Can't wait for the next episode
  31. Feb 2, 2013
    This show is fabulous! KK and JR are phenomenal actors and their love story is sweet. The supporting casts are all equally very talented. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes love stories.
  32. Feb 11, 2013
    Wasn't too sure about this remake but it has kept me hanging on for the following weeks show. The writing might not be the best but I really like the show and actors. Hope it stays on.
  33. Feb 17, 2013
    Absolutely love this show!! Every Episode just gets better and better. Extremely entertaining even when you are going through an emotional roller coaster with the two main characters. Hope it continues to a second season.
  34. Feb 17, 2013
    I was not a fan of the original series, but something in the previews to the show captured my attention. Each episode is better than the previous one. The twists and turn that have been created make it interesting. Hoping that the series will continue for years to come!!!
  35. Feb 22, 2013
    After seeing the pilot, I thought the show was so so, but I liked the 2 leads and their chemistry was good; so I stayed with the show and I'm glad I did.
    Cause, as each episode progresses it gets better and better and now I'm so addicted to this show.
    First and foremost, this show is about romance with elements of sci-fi and action and the 2 leads; Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk have amazing chemistry that is off the charts.
  36. Oct 4, 2013
    This series has me absolutely hooked! I rarely ever watch TV and I happened to stumble across the show partway through episode 18 (aired more recently in Australia!) and it has consumed my thoughts. I love the complexity of the lead characters and the conflict between the reinterpreted Classical and Renaissance hero statuses in Vincent's character. Kreuk's presentation during fight scenesThis series has me absolutely hooked! I rarely ever watch TV and I happened to stumble across the show partway through episode 18 (aired more recently in Australia!) and it has consumed my thoughts. I love the complexity of the lead characters and the conflict between the reinterpreted Classical and Renaissance hero statuses in Vincent's character. Kreuk's presentation during fight scenes is especially graphically appealing: sharp and well-choreographed; particularly as I believe she (at least for the most part) does not use a stunt double.The marriage of the police procedural with the elements of illicit romance and science-fiction gives the narrative extra depth. I found the original 'beast' makeup design slightly untenable, but I eagerly anticipate its reinvented look in season 2. I have been searching for an airing date of season 2 in Australia and am on the brink of becoming distraught at the lack of information to be found concerning it. As an indication of my infatuation: in the days leading up to episode 19, I watched the channel on which it airs not for the programs that were currently playing but rather in the hope of catching an ad for the next episode. It is a show that I readily recommend. Expand
  37. Nov 26, 2013
    This is not your typical drama. I generally stay away from dramas because I can't bare to watch the characters make the same, painfully obvious, and shallow mistakes. These characters' problems are created from the situations that they find themselves in and it is a pleasure to watch them overcome obstacles through good decision making skills and their own strengths. This show has largerThis is not your typical drama. I generally stay away from dramas because I can't bare to watch the characters make the same, painfully obvious, and shallow mistakes. These characters' problems are created from the situations that they find themselves in and it is a pleasure to watch them overcome obstacles through good decision making skills and their own strengths. This show has larger than life attributes, but the characters believable reactions to those attributes makes you forget that the science isn't really possible .Kristin Kreuk's performance is particularly captivating. She does an excellent job portraying her character that is both broken and traumatized and yet strong and capable. I watched this whole series in just a few days and found it inspirational to some of my writing. I hope you will ignore the critic score and give it a chance. Expand
  38. Jan 10, 2014
    When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. There's erotic pull between Kristin & Jay and they have a great chemistry. Everything is so pure, so beautiful, so tender. I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Each episode is better than the previous one. I hope that the series will continue for years to come.
  39. Jan 22, 2014
    There is heart wrenching chemistry between Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk. The show is beautifully written and manages to keep the viewer mesmerized for the whole hour. I love it 10/10
  40. Mar 14, 2014
    i love this tv show so much please keep going.. please put new tv shows like this show love adventure fantasy and romance i love like this shows..thank you....
  41. Jun 9, 2014
    Il est clair que le scénario gagnerait à être amélioré et devenir un peu plus cohérent , même si je trouve intéressante la modernisation de ce conte dont l'origine est ancienne ! C'est une série distrayante et les acteurs sont d'une grande sincérité . J'avoue avoir du plaisir à suivre les différents épisodes .

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 11, 2012
    Beauty and the Beast is, alas, also woefully crafted on every level.
    Beauty and the Beast's pilot is rarely more than competent, sometimes stubbed-toe clumsy. But if it can hang around for a while, devise a style that matches its story, and tap its stars' sincerity, it could become a cult hit: perpetually underrated but loved.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 11, 2012
    The original Beast was a beauty. This one's a bust.