Beauty and the Beast (2012) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 11, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.3

1. Aug 9, 2016
    This serie is totally amazing. There were a lot of version that were made for this classic fairytale, but I think that's the beast one. It's really modern, not only base on the love story but also with investigations. Actors are awesome, Kristin Kreuk is doing an amzing job as always, we can forget easily that she played Lana a complete different role, because she plays Catherine veryThis serie is totally amazing. There were a lot of version that were made for this classic fairytale, but I think that's the beast one. It's really modern, not only base on the love story but also with investigations. Actors are awesome, Kristin Kreuk is doing an amzing job as always, we can forget easily that she played Lana a complete different role, because she plays Catherine very weel, a strong woman. And Jay Ryan is really really great actor, not surprising that he is popular in his native coutry, Australia. Anyway, I became a real addict to this show, producer's are doing a great job to always keep the story attractive. I love it Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2016
    My family and I look forward to this show every season we all love it if you are going to cancel it please make it have a good ending. The Lourenco Family
  3. Jun 22, 2015
    This show is simply AWESOME. It just gets better with each passing season. It had a shaky start, but boy did it ever do a 180. Give it a chance you'll see
  4. May 26, 2015
    The series imeit interesting plot with not always guess the series finale and quite interesting start. Just like it did not go but buoyed humor . So if you are bored at night I ask to love and favor " Beauty and the Beast ."
  5. Mar 13, 2015
    Sometimes I see scores and shake my head. The show deservingly gets at least a 7. I gave it a 10 to make up for those who dont know how to vote ;) Very good show with interesting twists. Acting is a little week. But it makes up for it in depth of story.
  6. Jan 28, 2015
    Everybody is jumping on the band-wagon of hatred for this show. It's in no way as bad as everybody makes it out to be. You take it for what it is, and you will be absolutely fine.
  7. Jan 11, 2015
    The show is just perfect as all fans have proved! It depicts true romance which many people haven't experienced and that is why they make fun of it. Let's just pity those losers who think they know everything and blame shows/movies of this kind.
  8. Jun 9, 2014
    Il est clair que le scénario gagnerait à être amélioré et devenir un peu plus cohérent , même si je trouve intéressante la modernisation de ce conte dont l'origine est ancienne ! C'est une série distrayante et les acteurs sont d'une grande sincérité . J'avoue avoir du plaisir à suivre les différents épisodes .
  9. Mar 14, 2014
    i love this tv show so much please keep going.. please put new tv shows like this show love adventure fantasy and romance i love like this shows..thank you....
  10. Jan 22, 2014
    There is heart wrenching chemistry between Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk. The show is beautifully written and manages to keep the viewer mesmerized for the whole hour. I love it 10/10
  11. Jan 10, 2014
    When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. There's erotic pull between Kristin & Jay and they have a great chemistry. Everything is so pure, so beautiful, so tender. I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Each episode is better than the previous one. I hope that the series will continue for years to come.
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    This is not your typical drama. I generally stay away from dramas because I can't bare to watch the characters make the same, painfully obvious, and shallow mistakes. These characters' problems are created from the situations that they find themselves in and it is a pleasure to watch them overcome obstacles through good decision making skills and their own strengths. This show has largerThis is not your typical drama. I generally stay away from dramas because I can't bare to watch the characters make the same, painfully obvious, and shallow mistakes. These characters' problems are created from the situations that they find themselves in and it is a pleasure to watch them overcome obstacles through good decision making skills and their own strengths. This show has larger than life attributes, but the characters believable reactions to those attributes makes you forget that the science isn't really possible .Kristin Kreuk's performance is particularly captivating. She does an excellent job portraying her character that is both broken and traumatized and yet strong and capable. I watched this whole series in just a few days and found it inspirational to some of my writing. I hope you will ignore the critic score and give it a chance. Expand
  13. Oct 10, 2013
    Cutie and the Beast is a new CW drama about an adorable detective who comes across a mysterious vigilante with seemingly inhuman abilities. Said Vigilante is an Ex Soldier who escaped from a failed super soldier experiment and is now on the run. Together, the "beast" helps cutie solve cases using his supernatural strength and smell, while she in turn helps him lay low and fight off theCutie and the Beast is a new CW drama about an adorable detective who comes across a mysterious vigilante with seemingly inhuman abilities. Said Vigilante is an Ex Soldier who escaped from a failed super soldier experiment and is now on the run. Together, the "beast" helps cutie solve cases using his supernatural strength and smell, while she in turn helps him lay low and fight off the government baddies on his tail. They also have a great chemistry and are both very good looking. Its a fun, Tarzanesque show that was good enough to get renewed and probably good enough for you! Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    Finally, the wait is over. I was desperately waiting for the season 2. It’s impossible to resist the temptation of following the show. I watch it religiously.
  15. Oct 4, 2013
    This series has me absolutely hooked! I rarely ever watch TV and I happened to stumble across the show partway through episode 18 (aired more recently in Australia!) and it has consumed my thoughts. I love the complexity of the lead characters and the conflict between the reinterpreted Classical and Renaissance hero statuses in Vincent's character. Kreuk's presentation during fight scenesThis series has me absolutely hooked! I rarely ever watch TV and I happened to stumble across the show partway through episode 18 (aired more recently in Australia!) and it has consumed my thoughts. I love the complexity of the lead characters and the conflict between the reinterpreted Classical and Renaissance hero statuses in Vincent's character. Kreuk's presentation during fight scenes is especially graphically appealing: sharp and well-choreographed; particularly as I believe she (at least for the most part) does not use a stunt double.The marriage of the police procedural with the elements of illicit romance and science-fiction gives the narrative extra depth. I found the original 'beast' makeup design slightly untenable, but I eagerly anticipate its reinvented look in season 2. I have been searching for an airing date of season 2 in Australia and am on the brink of becoming distraught at the lack of information to be found concerning it. As an indication of my infatuation: in the days leading up to episode 19, I watched the channel on which it airs not for the programs that were currently playing but rather in the hope of catching an ad for the next episode. It is a show that I readily recommend. Expand
  16. May 26, 2013
    I absolutely love this series and its cast. Great plot lines and script writers have done a great job in making conversations interesting. The chemistry between Kristen and Jay is sensational. I've fallen in love with Jay Ryan. I'm glad he's finally out there for world to see this beautiful guy. I'm buying this series on DVD as soon as its out.
  17. Apr 27, 2013
    Yes is very different to the 87 version and yes its cliche but its watchable and as the season goes on the story lines are not bad. I have seen worse on t.v these days.
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    Love this show and I can't believe that it is on the brink of ending. Great show and amazing choice of actors. I watched the original and it was ok, given the choices of television back then. This one is fresh with a great story line along with the mandatory love mix. Sad it might end.
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    Easily the hottest show on TV right now, the chemistry between Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan is insane...
    I think the rioting is extremely good, it keeps you hanging, can hardly wait for the next episode
    I watched the original series, and this is totally different, it blows it away.
  20. Mar 20, 2013
    Beauty and the Beast deserves to be watched. It's romantic, dramatic, funny, sad and emotional. All the actors got just the right part in the show as well as the suspense, the romance and the action got the right dosage. The low scores from the critics are based on the pilot (1 episode) of BatB while they need to see in its whole before to give such bad reviews. BatB has improvedBeauty and the Beast deserves to be watched. It's romantic, dramatic, funny, sad and emotional. All the actors got just the right part in the show as well as the suspense, the romance and the action got the right dosage. The low scores from the critics are based on the pilot (1 episode) of BatB while they need to see in its whole before to give such bad reviews. BatB has improved enormously from the first episode, in all of its aspects, and the chemistry between all the cast, not only Jay and Kristin, is strong and visible. IT IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE 80' SHOW, just takes some inspirations from the old one, they said it a lot of times in TV interviews, so I do not know why critics still compare them and base their reviews on judging two different shows. Last thing on the quality of acting Jay Ryan is from New Zealand, I am not going to speak about his past work in movies (LOU), TV shows (SEA PATROL, GO GIRLS, OFFSPRING, THE TOP OF THE LAKE), and in theater (The PACKER), which all are very good and show his versatility and capacity as an actor,he studied American diction in order to act in this show and he is pretty good, his voice and how he is speaking in the show is one of the best parts of BatB. Watch it, it is addictive and it is a good story! Expand
  21. Mar 17, 2013
  22. Mar 7, 2013
    At first when I heard they were re-doing the show I was hesitant having
    watched the one in the 80's. But I caught one episode the other night
    and now I am hooked. It's different than the 80's show so don't compare it, similar in concept but different story. The chemistry between the two leads is amazing and the rest of the cast is great. Jay Ryan as the beast does a great job of
    At first when I heard they were re-doing the show I was hesitant having
    watched the one in the 80's. But I caught one episode the other night
    and now I am hooked. It's different than the 80's show so don't compare
    it, similar in concept but different story. The chemistry between the
    two leads is amazing and the rest of the cast is great. Jay Ryan as the beast does a great job of balancing the conflicts of his beast self and that part of him that wants so much to be human. And Kristen Kreuk is so amazing and a great example of a strong female lead, empowered as a detective. She is also struggling between this double life she leads and the price she is paying. The romance is being played out wonderfully. The show has lots of potential. And each episode gets better and better!!
  23. Mar 2, 2013
    7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get7 episodes in, and all I can say is, HANG IN THERE, because it only gets better! The chemistry between Catherine and Vincent has ignited, sexual tension between the Doc and Catherine has started, and suspense, wonder and yearning for more has been initiated. The first few episodes began dismally, boring and far from entertaining, however by the 4th episode things began to change. You get drawn in with the characters pain, their love story, and experience all emotions from high to low and vice versa. It now leaves you wanting for more. Expand
  24. Feb 27, 2013
    This show is very entertaining and could satisfy many viewers. It has the more potential than many of the shows we see today. A second season is definitely worth a try and it should make a lot of people happy :D
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    I have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and acceptI have always been a fan of the animation and of different people as a whole, no matter what. When I saw the show, I felt in love with it and the cast immediately. Evertyhing is so pure, so beautiful, so tender I like, that the creators mixed a lot of genres and it is still incredibly good. Tho show shows a lot of things, which most ot the people can not or do not want to see and accept yet. Really wonderful show! Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2013
    After seeing the pilot, I thought the show was so so, but I liked the 2 leads and their chemistry was good; so I stayed with the show and I'm glad I did.
    Cause, as each episode progresses it gets better and better and now I'm so addicted to this show.
    First and foremost, this show is about romance with elements of sci-fi and action and the 2 leads; Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk have amazing chemistry that is off the charts.
  27. Feb 17, 2013
    I was not a fan of the original series, but something in the previews to the show captured my attention. Each episode is better than the previous one. The twists and turn that have been created make it interesting. Hoping that the series will continue for years to come!!!
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    Absolutely love this show!! Every Episode just gets better and better. Extremely entertaining even when you are going through an emotional roller coaster with the two main characters. Hope it continues to a second season.
  29. Feb 11, 2013
    Wasn't too sure about this remake but it has kept me hanging on for the following weeks show. The writing might not be the best but I really like the show and actors. Hope it stays on.
  30. Feb 2, 2013
    This show is fabulous! KK and JR are phenomenal actors and their love story is sweet. The supporting casts are all equally very talented. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes love stories.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 11, 2012
    Beauty and the Beast is, alas, also woefully crafted on every level.
    Beauty and the Beast's pilot is rarely more than competent, sometimes stubbed-toe clumsy. But if it can hang around for a while, devise a style that matches its story, and tap its stars' sincerity, it could become a cult hit: perpetually underrated but loved.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 11, 2012
    The original Beast was a beauty. This one's a bust.