7.7

1. Jan 31, 2011
    The series has a darker edge to it than Twilight (or "Vampire Light" as I like to think of it) and the cast (both permanent and supporting) are fabulous and believable in this twist to the usual dysfunctional family unit/group that we usually see on TV. You feel their pain and terror as they come to terms and live with some terrifying secrets.

Not every vampire like has to be thin and
    pale, and that's what's scary about being human. Just who do you trust when even the police who are "supposed to protect and serve" are themselves Vampires? This isn't friends with fangs, but believable characters that feel real in an unbelievable situation/scenario. Terrific TV Expand
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    I really enjoy this series and find that once again, the British sense of understated humour caps it off. The characters have unique and quirky personalities, just as most of us have. The story lines capture what living with other people involves with the added problems that come with being a vampire, a ghost and a couple of werewolves. Almost sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but for me this show is a hit. Expand
  3. May 4, 2011
    Being Human is one of the best series I've been watching ever. The story is set in Bristol, where we find the home of vampire, werewolf and a ghost. The three are trying to be human, to stop being monsters. In their way of becoming humans the characters are developed to something much more than just a ghost, vampire and werewolf. They become persons who you'll like and hate at the same time. They manage to do the most important thing for a story - they make you relate to them. May be the best part about this series is the fact that you can see the personal dilemmas of every single character on screen, even from most of the minor characters. However, there are many funny moments to brake the ice, and believe me, the Brits know how to be fun.
    Other significant part, at least for me, is the music in the series. We hear some of the best British acts through the series such as Muse, Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy, Kasabian, etc.

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Shaw
    Turner and Tovey get the best material, while Crichlow mopes a lot. Then again, she's a ghost, so let's cut her some slack.
  2. Between "Twilight," HBO's "True Blood" and the WB's upcoming "Vampire Diaries," I'd begun to feel overwhelmed by the undead. Then along came BBC America's Being Human to change my mind.
  3. Funny and thoughtful with surprising plot twists, Being Human offers an inviting mix for fans of supernatural stories.