• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 17, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.9

1. Sep 24, 2013
    I know some fans dislike this version because it came way after the UK version and it is said to be "not as good" but I truly love it. I think it's well written, emotional, and witty. The characters are insanely loveable even when they make huge mistakes and it always keeps going. I think it is exactly what a werewolf/vampire tv show should be.
  2. Mar 23, 2011
    One of the favorite new shows around the house. Great show, we watch this and Supernatural, AFV, Tosh.0 and Family Guy. Thanks Syfy for finally getting a show I can enjoy. And the British version is not nearly as engrossing at the american.
  3. Apr 2, 2013
    This show has gotten better with age and has now surpassed the UK version by way of better storytelling. Killing off the main characters in the UK version has massacred the show. The US remake has taken its own road and the actors and actresses have found their own footing...Definitely worth the watch.
  4. Aug 19, 2011
    I'm not even into the vampire craze and I watch this! Another one of my favorites I intend on keeping up with. @Robster who asked, "Is the accent and location so important to US audiences?" Umm, yes. Haha. I know...I hate remakes too! But yes, there is no way in hell I could get through this show in an English accent, and I simply don't get British humor. It really sucks and, as an American, just does not compute. This is a really gritty, suspenseful show. Love Syfy's programming. Collapse
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    can't believe it's been cancelled. not enough gore to keep the macho audience going, is that it? this is one of the best shows on right now - funny, witty and all around enjoyable. love all the actors, especially after i found out how little money they've had to make this show happen.
    disappointing that syfy is not listening to a broader viewership opinion.
  6. Feb 9, 2011
    "A ghost, a vampire and a werewolf walk into a townhouse..." Yeah, that's a hard sell. Sounds more like the beginning of a joke. However, Being Human manages to pull off the difficult task of making us suspend our disbelief for an hour a week with really... human... stories. Not your usual paranormal thriller. Being Human is much more complex and more fun.

I was a fan of the BBC
    series, and am enjoying the SyFy version just as much. Great casting and true to the spirit of the show. If I weren't such a fan of "Sugar Rush's" Lenora Crichlow, I'd almost have to say the USA version was better. As it is, both versions are delightful. Expand
  7. Jan 16, 2012
    I had never heard of this show before I stumbled across it on Netflix last night. Figured what the hey, I'll check it out. Ended up getting really into the show, really enjoy it. And apparently just in time for season 2 which airs tonight. :)

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 31, 2011
    The ghost (Meaghan Rath), the vampire (Sam Witwer), and the werewolf (Sam Huntington) continue to work out their angst-addled yearnings to be human in this more neurotic version of the U.K. TV series.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 18, 2011
    All in all it's a pretty deft mix of violence, pathos and ethos via a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost as roomies.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 18, 2011
    For fans of the original, which is only a few years old, this Americanization may be a bit like going to see a road company version of a Broadway show: It's pretty good but definitely less morose (for some viewers that will be an improvement, for others it will be a betrayal).