Ben & Kate : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2012
6.5

1. JBM
    Oct 15, 2012
    This is a very likeable show. It has a solid home base and the comedy comes often. Unlike watching many sitcoms, I actually laughed while watching this show. I took an instant liking to the little girl and the two central characters. They employed that magic combo of quirky fun with heartwarming relatinoships that has made Modern Family a hit. Nice to see something new on TV that IThis is a very likeable show. It has a solid home base and the comedy comes often. Unlike watching many sitcoms, I actually laughed while watching this show. I took an instant liking to the little girl and the two central characters. They employed that magic combo of quirky fun with heartwarming relatinoships that has made Modern Family a hit. Nice to see something new on TV that I actually want to see again. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    The cast is wonderful and the characters brilliantly written. Echo Kellum and Lucy Punch seriously bring it as the supporting best friends. The leads, the little girl and the few guest stars they've had have all been extremely memorable. I wish it was a bigger success- it is better than the big bang theory, 2 broke girls and two and a half men combined.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    The brother-sister dynamic is new, and the acting is uniformly excellent. I'm surprised that they were able to find such a group of deadpan-savvy actors - including the girl from We Bought a Zoo - to tie the show together. Great stuff.
  4. Sep 26, 2012
    wonderfully cast, ben and kate is filled with the right balnce of comedy and charm witout being to over the top. the actors and writers never have to reach far for the laughs. There is just something naturally funny about watching a brother and sister try to have a grown up relationship with in the confines of disfuntionality. I truly believed that Faxon and Johnson were a brother andwonderfully cast, ben and kate is filled with the right balnce of comedy and charm witout being to over the top. the actors and writers never have to reach far for the laughs. There is just something naturally funny about watching a brother and sister try to have a grown up relationship with in the confines of disfuntionality. I truly believed that Faxon and Johnson were a brother and sister. The girl playing the daughter is well cast and are the supporting characters playing ben and kates friends. we the audience can only hope that this comedy by fox doesnt fizzle out after such a great start or it doesn't fall victim to the fox juggling act that causes so many of that net works shows to be canceled. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sean Higgins
    Oct 31, 2012
    In spite of Ben and Kate's charms, its propensity for subduing the idiosyncrasies of its characters in the service of a simple emotional payoff makes it disappointing.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 22, 2012
    Johnson is the find of the season: She's the sunbeam that doesn't filter out dust motes. [29 Oct 2012, p.38]
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Sep 25, 2012
    It's another welcome helping of "New Girl" adorkability.