Big Brother : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 5, 2000
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
5.1

1. Sep 10, 2013
    We've watched every season from the beginning. There have been some good seasons and some not so good seasons. This season, however is, hands down, the worst ever. It's turned me off the show completely. Big Brother is being banned from my PVR.

If you'd asked me last May, I might have even given this show an 8 out of 10, but after this summer, the only reason it has a 2 instead of a 0 is because of the 14 previous seasons. The casting was just too horrendous this time around. I couldn't relate to any of the cast and the ones that I could root for were still not worth much.
  2. Feb 18, 2017
    The very beginning of Big Brother back in the year 2000, they didn't know what the show was going to be and that indecisiveness followed to close line this series for the year's that came.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    What the **** is the point of this series. It is JUST watching people live. I would never just watch someone live. I already watch someone live. The person I watch live is me. If I wanted to see how people lived, I would leave my house.
  4. JYT
    Jan 6, 2012
    Useless and a plagiat.

Strangers a house filmed all the time: copied from MTV's real life few years later. Not an original concept at all. The psychologist are totally inept and the money spent on this would be better used for University fees.
  5. Mar 2, 2015
    I watch from start however the last 2 seasons i stop i no longer watch big brother on CBS the show only casts mostly 20 somethings and a token 40 something. Worst the tiring formating hasn't change in seasons everything is old boring and the men win very few women have won big brother.

1. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 27, 2013
    Actually watching Big Brother five nights a week (total air time: 3½ hours) seems like the entertainment equivalent of enduring gavel-to-gavel convention coverage on C-SPAN.
  2. Boston Herald
    Reviewed by: Joel Brown
    Jun 20, 2013
    'Big Brother' ... is such a demeaning, depressing exercise that everyone involved ought to be lashed to one of the Pentagon's defective 'Star Wars' missiles and rocketed out over the Pacific, never to be heard from again, except by the sharks. [2 Aug 2000]
  3. Newsweek
    Reviewed by: Jonathan Darman
    Jun 20, 2013
    The cast is dull, the concept is lame and the house that Ikea built is cheap and creepy. The amazing thing is that a show so obviously flawed could have been the source of so much hype. [15 Jul 2000]