• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 12, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Nov 16, 2010
    I just started watching this series. I hate it. I watched the first episode and hated it, but figured I would watch a couple more to see if it could change my mind. Needless to say I haven't changed my mind. This program makes me feel sick to my stomach watching it. I am not religious so I don't care how that concept is presented in this series. What I care about is the gender inequality. How anyone can watch this and enjoy it is beyond me. Women have lived too long under the thumb of men. Why is it that it would be nearly impossible for a woman to entertain the notion of having more than one husband, while men are still able to get away with having more than one wife? Expand

Big Love... is in no hurry to unfurl its plotlines or push its charms. Give it a couple of episodes, though, and you'll be snared.
  2. Reviewed by: Lisa Schwarzbaum
    The casting is so good and the production design so sophisticated that the series' pull toward baroque psychosexual doings is, so far, pleasurable. [7 Apr 2006, p.51]
    There are elements of this new series that have a quirkiness that might seem deliberate or overly clever against a different backdrop, but that feels natural in its own gracefully odd environment.