Bionic Woman : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2007
5.2

1. RichardW.
    Oct 1, 2007
    A really great take on the cyborg ethical dilemma.
  2. SaraK
    Oct 4, 2007
    I could hardly wait for the series to start but it turned out to be a BIG disappointment. For one thing, they couldn't pick a worse actress than Ryan. Don't know exactly what else, but as soon as I flipped the channel, I channel, I forgot to come back to the show. Boring. Wish they release the original series on DVD already.
  3. AmirM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I was greatly disappointed. The plot has so many holes in it you can't even go fishing with it... Some very bad cliches, too.
  4. GamerB.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Awful series based on an awful series. Completely emotionless acting, vacant stares, bad special effects, a 12 second sequence covering a two-hit "fight" and the turning of fan favorite Katie Sackoff into a Dick Tracey bad guy all conspire to make this complete dreck. I'll watch it again only when I start getting paid for my television time or it turns out this mess cures cancer.
  5. Todd
    Nov 20, 2007
    I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind I've been trying SO hard to like this show. I *want* to like it. Unfortunately, I can't get passed the annoying-damn shaky cam and constant use of blurry obstructions in the foreground. PLEASE invest in a bionic tripod and rediscover the beauty and art of cinematography. I'll start watching the show again when you quit jerking the camera around and shooting from behind blurry objects in the foreground that always seem to get in the way of the focal point. Thanks. Expand
  6. BrianE.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Has makings of a good show... it will take some time for the characters to develop.
  7. BobH.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Terrible.
  8. TawnySueS
    Oct 5, 2007
    With the exception of Sarah Corvus, the characters are too flat and bland to be memorable. Michelle Ryan is a mediocre actress. Her voice, her mannerisms and her reasoning all make me think I'm watching a bionic girl, not a woman.
  9. markc.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Come on ONE bionic arm and only ONE leg, do we need a bake sale to complete the job.
  10. WestonT.
    Oct 6, 2007
    While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special While it has all the trappings of an Alias/Dark Angel clone, the second episode really brought it home: This is an incredibly hackneyed, soul-crushingly written, poorly acted piece of TV crap that apparently wasn't supposed to make it past the pilot. The characters do not engage (not even Corvus,) the plot, as it were, does not even attempt an effort at believability, and the special effects aren't just bad... they make one wonder if they actually have a budget for them. My wife was a big fan as a kid of the original series, but I'll be sitting out any further viewings, thanks. Expand
  11. ScooterM.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Even though I rarely like remakes, I thought this was at the least interesting, good action, plot line was a little week, but the action sequences were pretty good. Effects well left some to be desired from but, it's TV afterall.
  12. Liinker
    Sep 26, 2007
    It still needs some work, but it has some really interesting potential. I say, give it a chance to grow and let's see how it turns out. I kind of like it.
  13. JoeT.
    Sep 27, 2007
    The characters are non-descript and forgettable, but I did stick with the first episode until she becomes 'bionic'... but yeah... The pilot episode of 'Chuck' had waaay more character and promise (although I understand that show drops in quality after the first few episodes too...)
  14. keithw.
    Sep 27, 2007
    i thought i showed a lot of promise but they should have split the pilot over 2 episodes the rooftop fight was excellent
  15. JohnS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Excellent popcorn fun. Forget the haters.
  16. Benl
    Oct 10, 2007
    The pilot of the this show got worse with every minute. Its like a corny Dark Angel. Tried to watch the second episode but gave up after about 10 minutes.
  17. SteveK.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Alias meets Heroes... except this show is terrible. A cool idea, but they managed to make it boring and utterly lifeless. I gave it a shot, wanted to like it, but it's a waste of time. And by the way, don't use a score with a saxophone during love scenes, it's very 80's.
  18. bob
    Oct 13, 2007
    It's still entertaining, even if it needs some work.
  19. RichardB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Not really impress by the show.
  20. NickD
    Oct 23, 2007
    This show has some major potential if its done right. The ethical questions it raises are handled extremely well. With BSG ending this show definitely has the potential to fill that void.
  21. RobbieC
    Dec 6, 2007
    Horrendous.
  22. ScottM.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Better than what i was expecting from the show so far, hopefully they can keep the action pumped up and going. Michelle Ryan is a terrific actress.
  23. BrendanD
    Oct 4, 2007
    For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an equally intriguing supporting cast. The only real intrigue in the "Bionic Woman" cast is in Katee Sackoff's Sarah Corvus. But then again, she's just awesome, period. Expand
  24. BruceH.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also I grew up on the the original 6 Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, and while they were not top-grade television, this new 2007 version is a sad disappointment. A constant stream of lousy atmospheric music, ramped up bass, and over-saturated colors cannot make up for the poor acting and scripting. This show takes itself way too seriously and needs to lighten up. The props department also needs to amp up their work - at least on my HDTV, many small prop items look like styrofoam or cheap plastic. In the most recent episode, graveyard stones, wall plaques and a laughable glass "war map" looked cheap and ridiculous. Tight and shaky camera work make all the fight sequences hard to follow. The producers attempt every cheap trick in the book but this this does not make up for the fact that, at least so far, this show is weak. Expand
  25. SpencerS.
    Oct 7, 2007
    Good TV.
  26. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    It sucks. The acting is bad. The lead is just plain blah
  27. MattG
    Oct 9, 2007
    While the idea behind Bionic Woman is to create a modern-day remake, the execution is much more like merging the current Battlestar Galactica (which explains the two actors from that show in THIS show) and Alias. It's fun, the acting is solid, and it is clearly not comparable to any other Wed night show.
  28. PC
    Sep 26, 2007
    I seen the preview, and although this is a remake, it looks 100 times better than the old one.
  29. SaraC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I threw up after the last 10 minutes because it sucked so bad. PP wasn't even that great either but at least it was watchable. Huge Disappointment.
  30. HlenF
    Sep 26, 2007
    The second episode is the biggest television mess of the year. Please do not waste your time on this crap.

Dim. Ryan is not to blame. Jaime, rebuilt after a horrific car accident, must live in a grim, punishing world and associate with joyless characters. Speedy Jaime can't outrun this train wreck.
  2. There's a distinct "Alias" overtone to her initiation into the dark side of the force. If I'd liked "Alias," this might have me all excited. But I didn't, so I'm not.
  3. Under Michael Dinner's steady directorial hand, it's dark, tense and conspiratorial, a far cry from the camp sci-fi tricks of its predecessor.