Bionic Woman : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2007
5.2

1. EmanuelC.
    Sep 29, 2007
    Looks like an updated version of Dark Angel. Anyone else notice that?
  2. BrandonS.
    Sep 26, 2007
    A disappointing premiere, but it's hard to judge shows, especially those with far-out premises, by the premiere alone. Given that this comes from the makers of Battlestar Galactica, it certainly deserves checking out the next few episodes. Sometimes shows like this just need a few to get onto steadier ground. The potential's there.
  3. TawnySueS
    Oct 5, 2007
    With the exception of Sarah Corvus, the characters are too flat and bland to be memorable. Michelle Ryan is a mediocre actress. Her voice, her mannerisms and her reasoning all make me think I'm watching a bionic girl, not a woman.
  4. BrendanD
    Oct 4, 2007
    For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an For the last time, TV executives, Ron Moore, not David Eick, is the genius half of "Battlestar Galactica!" Eick's remake of "Bionic Woman" isn't bad; it just isn't very good. We've seen the basic premise of this show done before. Mostly, it's been done better ("Dark Angel," "Alias" -- hell, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"). Superheroes only work when they have an equally intriguing supporting cast. The only real intrigue in the "Bionic Woman" cast is in Katee Sackoff's Sarah Corvus. But then again, she's just awesome, period. Expand
  5. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    I thought it was interesting until they added the romantic intrigue. The CIA dude is so smug it makes me want to puke.
  6. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    This is one of those terrible shows we all love to watch. A guilty pleasure, if you will. The plot lines are loose, continuation between episodes is weak, the characters aren't as interesting as they could be... and yet, I admit to watching it every time its on. At first it was just for Katee Satchell. And now... who knows? The fight scenes feel forced, the main character seems like This is one of those terrible shows we all love to watch. A guilty pleasure, if you will. The plot lines are loose, continuation between episodes is weak, the characters aren't as interesting as they could be... and yet, I admit to watching it every time its on. At first it was just for Katee Satchell. And now... who knows? The fight scenes feel forced, the main character seems like a college student, not a bartending bionic woman... I don't feel there is any real threat to her or her sister, that there is no obvious threat from the outside... the first bionic woman is the only layered character, and I am hoping they will play with that angle more as a nemesis. Or just cancel this junk so I can turn the station. Expand
  7. Mr.J
    Sep 26, 2007
    The pilot seemed pretty average to me. Some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy. Basically, I liked watching a hot girl run around, get in fights, and jump really high... but I still got bored.
  8. C.B.
    Sep 29, 2007
    blah. Michelle Ryan is hot, but the didn't do much to make me want to watch next week.
  9. CyndiC.e
    Nov 13, 2007
    It is boring!
  10. RichardB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Not really impress by the show.
  11. CraigB
    Oct 11, 2007
    Nothing exciting here. When the evil bionic woman is asked why she's attacking the the heroine, she says, "I don't know". Come on.. you need a reason. Don't waste your time with this one.

Dim. Ryan is not to blame. Jaime, rebuilt after a horrific car accident, must live in a grim, punishing world and associate with joyless characters. Speedy Jaime can't outrun this train wreck.
  2. There's a distinct "Alias" overtone to her initiation into the dark side of the force. If I'd liked "Alias," this might have me all excited. But I didn't, so I'm not.
  3. Under Michael Dinner's steady directorial hand, it's dark, tense and conspiratorial, a far cry from the camp sci-fi tricks of its predecessor.