Blade : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2006
7.4

1. ChrisD
    Jul 6, 2006
    I like Kirk Jones as Blade... I like the story line alot... My problem is that the series isnt focused on Blade... They added Jill Wagner to it, which once again takes the focus off of Blade. The fight scenes are very bad and nothing like the movies. I understand that it isnt supposed to be like the movies, but even Wesley Snipes didnt get beat up as bad as Kirk Jones. To save this I like Kirk Jones as Blade... I like the story line alot... My problem is that the series isnt focused on Blade... They added Jill Wagner to it, which once again takes the focus off of Blade. The fight scenes are very bad and nothing like the movies. I understand that it isnt supposed to be like the movies, but even Wesley Snipes didnt get beat up as bad as Kirk Jones. To save this series, they need to focus more on Blade, make the fight scenes better and maybe even close to the way the fight scenes were done in the movies. They can make this a success even without Wesley Snipes, although I still believe that Wesley Snipes is the only Blade. Expand
  2. MikeC.
    Sep 2, 2006
    What they really need to do is get rid of this annoying "Blade'" character and focus on the much more sympathetic and interesting vampire characters.
  3. WilliamK.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The story focuses more on the under foot characters, but the action remains the same white-knuckle fighting style, the weapons are cool, and plot plot is original. Both Wagner and Gower are to die for, but Jones tries too hard to make the character of Blade work. Oh well, at least it was better than Blade Trinity! Recommended!

Certainly a superhero needs to have gravitas, but Jones takes it too far -- further than Wesley Snipes in the "Blade" movies.
    "Blade" could work as an earnest fantasy. It just doesn't, yet.
    A tediously bloody bore.