• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.7

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Es la temporada que ha ganado en complejidad argumental y emocional. Es cierto que ha perdido algo de ese Boom que lo caracteriza, pero aun asi esta temporada es mejor que la tercera temporada, una trama mejor elaborada y personajes como Eli, Chalkie y en especial el carismatico Richard toman mas protagonismo en esta temporada y lo hacen tan genial.
  2. Dec 15, 2013
    This season Boardwalk Empire are more compelling than ever, great characters, great plot and an hell of a incredible season finale. Season four is not perfect like season three, but still strong and spectacular.
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    Fans of Boardwalk Empire can expect more of the same: intriguing and consistently well acted characters, emotionally complex storylines, lavish yet thoroughly authentic sets and a pitch perfect soundtrack. And yet, unlike most other shows where higher expectations force diminishing emotional returns, Boardwalk Empire digs in and ploughs greater emotional depths.
    The entire cast are as
    The entire cast are as always top notch, but the slow evolution of all the surviving major characters seems to be reaching a zenith. And if a major character should fall by the wayside you can rest assured that, no matter how brief their story or how unexpected their death may be, the impact will be felt and their loss justified.
  4. Dec 5, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 9. Un saludo.
  5. Nov 26, 2013
    I love this show too much to let it go, but come on Boardwalk!! The show has gotten so slow and some episodes have left me depressed about how well, bad it was. Boardwalk doesn't rub off on me like it used to. All of the scenes take place in very few locations, no scenes on the Boardwalk this season, and very slow character development with an overall impression that not much is happening.I love this show too much to let it go, but come on Boardwalk!! The show has gotten so slow and some episodes have left me depressed about how well, bad it was. Boardwalk doesn't rub off on me like it used to. All of the scenes take place in very few locations, no scenes on the Boardwalk this season, and very slow character development with an overall impression that not much is happening. I miss the extravagant scenes at the ritz and the beach on the boardwalk. This show was/is too good to let it go, please writers make me feel like I did in season 1 & 2. Please! Expand
  6. Oct 26, 2013
    When I saw this tv show it blew my mind because the rest of them at the are garbage. My best advice to you is to buckle up and enjoy it while it last.
  7. Oct 10, 2013
    It's no joke that Boardwalk Empire is a brilliant show with great writing, writing I haven't seen since The Sopranos. This season by far makes up for last in every way. The cinematography is beautiful, character development is spot on, the story is A+. My only concern is that someone shouldn't die every episode, its not needed when you have such good writing. Must watch season and series.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    I've just watched two episodes of Boardwalk 4. The first was Ok. The second was disappointing.
    I thought the writing was sloppy. There was too much of a "soap opera" feel: small development in character and easy (read cliché) story lines.

Nucky never really moved. The slight change in the relationship with his German servant seemed a little contrived. If it develops into the only "love affair" those two are capable of, then fair enough, but it hardly wakened my interest. Al Capone seemed to make a guest appearance without any of the nuances in previous episode. He just bashed some voters. I know Al had a brother who was not in "the business". Perhaps more depth could be found in exploring this side. Eli (Nucky's brother) was just an extra.

The masked man (Richard Harrow) appears to be neutralised (although there is an open thread that could bring him back). The scene with shooting the dog was plain old-fashioned western cliché: if you want to easily bring tears to the audience's eyes, make the hero shoot his horse.

Of the new characters: I am not sure about Dr. Valentin Narcisse. I find him not quite believable. A little like my reaction to Chalky White who I have always thought to be contrived. There were many emerging and powerful black folk in these times: Louis Armstrong, Count Basie and Duke Ellington to name just three from this black show business world. Neither of these two characters seem to project the presence that shone from any of these superstars.

Nelson Van Alden was even more of a caricature of his previous highly nuanced character. Agent Knox was good in the first episode and has real possibilities for further development. Edgar Hoover was introduced but did seem to lack any hint of the hidden skills that would make him the most powerful man in USA's history.

But the biggest problem of all was the lack of important, interesting and identifiable female characters.

What made the first three series so brilliant was the constant contrast between the macho gangsters' ambitions and those of the females they knew.

Three female characters were introduced. One was pushed out by Nucky (maybe she will return); the second, and possibly the most interesting, was killed off in episode two. The third who may be developed is the sister of Richard harrow. But up to now she is thinly portrayed and shakily written.

I do hope all this is not a sign that the maxim "three series if it is really good, but never a forth" is true.
  9. Sep 10, 2013
    Its easy to get lost in the sets/costumes, etc when watching this show. To keep it looking authentic seems tp play a very big part in the show since episode 1. Episode 1 started a bit slow, as it is setting up the season. but that is not to say it was without the violence and twists fans have become accustomed to. Chalky White on the "come up", Ms Darmondy pilfering in her niche, NuchyIts easy to get lost in the sets/costumes, etc when watching this show. To keep it looking authentic seems tp play a very big part in the show since episode 1. Episode 1 started a bit slow, as it is setting up the season. but that is not to say it was without the violence and twists fans have become accustomed to. Chalky White on the "come up", Ms Darmondy pilfering in her niche, Nuchy trying to reconcile his position and the overall greed of the business. I did miss the former liquor agent's plot, but we were introduced to another with certainly more evil in his blood. Good start. Collapse
  10. Sep 10, 2013
    This season starts off with some serious violence. Brilliant a show as ever with fascinating characters and an amazing ability to create atmosphere. The show can only continue to get better from here!
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Boardwalk Empire is a brilliant show and each season is better than the last. The cinematography is stunning, as well as the sets,costumes and sfx. The acting is top rate, the writing is subtle and nuanced, and the story is unpredictable and dark. This is another winner from HBO, and an amazing TV show overall. The first episode of Season 4 was amazing, and i am sure the rest of the seasonBoardwalk Empire is a brilliant show and each season is better than the last. The cinematography is stunning, as well as the sets,costumes and sfx. The acting is top rate, the writing is subtle and nuanced, and the story is unpredictable and dark. This is another winner from HBO, and an amazing TV show overall. The first episode of Season 4 was amazing, and i am sure the rest of the season will be too.The year is 1924, and crime,corruption, and bloodshed has no end in sight in this moody drama. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    Hardcore fans will appreciate the interwoven, intricate storylines, and what the show lacks in “oomph” is partly compensated for by terrific cinematography and solid acting. For diehards only.
  2. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Sep 12, 2013
    It’s an ambitious work that is always fascinating, if not always successful. When all is said and done, Boardwalk Empire may be TV’s best uneven series.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Sep 11, 2013
    Boardwalk Empire keeps the players moving as its fourth season begins Sunday night, and that’s just one reason it remains must-see television drama.