• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Sep 8, 2014
    The must under-appreciated show on television, the visuals are stunning and the acting is always on point. I remain convinced that the cinematography is the best I have ever seen on television, and I hope the show some day achieves the mainstream success it deserves.
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    The first episode was epic everything I loved about boardwalk empire and looks like this season is gonna be great everything is gonna go out with a bang
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    Just finished watching the season 5 premiere and, wow, it looks marvelous. The show has not lost any of its beauty, grand scope, and charm. Pity there are only 7 episodes of this masterpiece show remaining.
  4. Oct 6, 2014
    I love Boardwalk Empire sooo much. I never knew it is that controversial life was before and full of shocking events.Having to watch this with the performance of great actors and with the great making of the series itself. Every season is great and awesome.
  5. Nov 3, 2014
    Perhaps the most under appreciated show of all-time. Sad that the final season was limited to 8 episodes, but the writers wrapped things up nicely and the finale only made me realize how badly I will miss this show. Great acting and writing thru all five seasons, about as consistent a run as I've ever seen (with the exception of Breaking Bad and The Wire)
  6. Oct 31, 2014
    An average build up to a snore of a final episode. An obvious twist and an almost pointless back story. Nucky's character becomes distant and boring while others simply go through the motions. A promise of a mob war turns out to be nothing but a kiss goodbye. Great series followed by a big let down.
  7. Dec 12, 2014
    Loved the first episode of season five. Second and third episodes were still consistent with the previous seasons. Somewhere in the fourth episode, it almost felt like a different team took over writing and directing. Even the music was uneven. By the end of the eighth episode, I felt very sad that an otherwise excellent series was given such a shabby, rushed send-off. I can't believeLoved the first episode of season five. Second and third episodes were still consistent with the previous seasons. Somewhere in the fourth episode, it almost felt like a different team took over writing and directing. Even the music was uneven. By the end of the eighth episode, I felt very sad that an otherwise excellent series was given such a shabby, rushed send-off. I can't believe there hasn't been a greater outpouring of fan disappointment. It was a great series overall, but damn, i wish it could've ended strongly. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2014
    The series has stayed consistently decent for its entire run, and while season 5 will cap the show, its bound to be a fan favorite for many years to come.
  9. Oct 27, 2014
    Season 5 offered a really creative and entertaining narrative for the one final ride in our favorite(and not so favorite) characters' life. The story is being told on two different timelines. One is in the late 19th century detailing Nucky's turn "to the dark side", while the other one jumps ahead 7 years from the season 4 finale and we find ourselves in 1931. In a usual BE fashion theSeason 5 offered a really creative and entertaining narrative for the one final ride in our favorite(and not so favorite) characters' life. The story is being told on two different timelines. One is in the late 19th century detailing Nucky's turn "to the dark side", while the other one jumps ahead 7 years from the season 4 finale and we find ourselves in 1931. In a usual BE fashion the season starts off as a slow burn and pays off in the finale episodes, although it can feel a bit rushed due having only 8 episodes this season and one can tell that this wasn't meant to be the final season, there was still some life left in the show for at least 2-3 or more seasons, but that was not the case, the story needed to be closed and even though characters like Lucky,Lansky,Siegel and Capone were safe for the season, the stakes were high, "no one went quietly" as the official slogen stated. And so no one did. Characters were killed off, some we knew would die some we didn't. OVerall the season offered a satisfying conclusion to a series dealing with politics,prohibition and so on. Dare I say that the finale was more of an artistic/moralistic( if one can say that) then a surprising/shocking one. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Sep 17, 2014
    The intrigue escalates in the next episode where things are heating up in Chicago, home to a couple of this season’s compelling new players, Al Capone enforcer Mike D’Angelo (Louis Cancelmi) and crime fighter Eliot Ness (Jim True-Frost).
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 5, 2014
    There are still pleasures to be found in Boardwalk Empire, but it's definitely time to wrap--and enjoy a good stiff drink as a reward.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Von Doviak
    Sep 5, 2014
    As a technically proficient piece of visual storytelling, Boardwalk continues to excel.