• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.4

1. Jan 12, 2011
    OK, I really want to like this show,Ever since Family Guy stopped being funny, and I realized that there are in fact a lot of different comedy styles out there, I decided to look around. Adult Swim never caught on with me, because I was still under MacFarlane's spell, but then I found Archer, which I found absolutely hilarious. Speaking of Archer, and coming to how this all relates, The titular character (Sterling Archer) of Archer is played by H. Jon Benjamin, who plays the titular character in Bob's Burgers. Upon hearing his voice, I thought to myself "hm, that's the Archer guy, isn't it? Well, this will be fun, a great sunday night switch up to the usual bombardment of Family Guy-esque shows, which is all I watch, being a person who is not too fond of the Simpsons for a reason I cannot tell. To my own despair, however much I had hoped it would be good, Bob's Burgers wasn't funny. What's so bad about it is not that it's offensive, or that it takes itself too seriously, but it suffers from the crime of not being funny. There are a few little things that kind of made me smile a little bit, but other than that, nothing. I'm giving this a bad review, but I'm quite hopeful for the future. I'm willing to give Bob's Burgers a season, and I hope Fox is willing to as well. I feel like there has to be something funny they can do with it, but, at this point, I'm not a fan. Expand
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    The commercials didn't look that good, so I wasn't planning to see it. Then I saw Entertainment Weekly gave it an A-, so I thought, "Maybe it's not that bad." If only. This show is freaking awful. No sign of cleverness, originality, or comedy. In short, this burger's very rotten. Sorry, Fox, I know you'll make it up to me with more Family Guy.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    This show is very "meh." Not nearly good enough in comic timing or artistic merit to deal with the annoying voices or reheated material. Frankly, I don't think it will last, and really shouldn't.
  4. Jan 11, 2011
    Really bad... The humor was far too forced. The style resembled "Sit Down Shut Up" to me. I don't see how FOX could have let this air... it should be obvious that it will flop. I really do miss King Of The Hill at this time...
  5. Jan 9, 2011
    This show is so offensive. Family Guy is offensive, but its funny. This is just stupid. I hope it goes the way of Sons of Tucson. I want American Dad back.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    Couldn't even finish the first episode. Seriousely. It was entirely tasteless and not one joke or moment made me laugh. I'm giving this a one because at least this was from the creators of Dr. Katz and Home Movies, two better shows.
  7. Jan 16, 2011
    I thought this show was good, from the commercials at least. It has few funny moments but overall, it lacks what other succesful animated shows have...being a good show.
  8. Jan 30, 2011
    This show is god awful. When the commercials started playing on FOX, I knew it would suck. For some reason, I watched it. I was thinking it could surprise me and be a mediocre FOX show. I was wrong about that. It was not just bad, it was very bad. It was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. The show isn't that well written, the characters are flat, and it's not funny in any way. To make a long story short, Bob's Burgers is rancid and should be canned Expand
  9. Feb 4, 2011
    Well I didnt find the commercials very funny but since I am a cartoon guy i gave it a shot. It was hard but I watched it. It was anything but funny or good it was just smacked together with poor cartooning and bad writing. I gave it ago next episode to see if it developed but nope got worse. I don't get it why this is on it's not funny or interesting. I would love Fox to be all cartoons but not this. Bring back King of the Hill that was hilarious and they canceled that but this is on? Back to Family guy, American Dad and Simpsons til King of the Hill comes back. Cancel this show, NASCAR , Glee and American idol ( that goes for the dance shows too). Expand
  10. Feb 27, 2011
    I tried watching 5 minutes and couldn't. Beyond bad. I wouldn't give this attempt childish. Not that many cartoon characters are lookers but these guys are so ugly you can't like them. The voices are done badly. The "script" is a joke, but not funny.
  11. Mar 3, 2011
    Wow I Barley Even Give Reviews Below A 4 But This Piece Of Unfanny Crap Needs To Leave FOX Sunday Night's! I Hope This Get's Canceled Soon!
  12. Feb 28, 2011
    When I first saw the commercial for this show, I thought that maybe it would be decent, but after watching the first ten minutes, I found it to be unbelievably offensive. The one thing that was the most offensive was with the one daughter being called "the worst type of autistic.", and making it seem that all autistics are mentally retarded, to which I take personal offense to. I thought that single comment was the most un-called for statement of the whole show. Sure, Family Guy makes fun of Down Syndrome, but they don't flat-out say that they are retarded. I hope this show is canceled before it gets even worse. Expand
  13. May 6, 2012
    Why is this show on the air? This show might make it on adult swim, but it's terrible in prime time. Try again fox, all your non-McFarlane cartoons suck.
  14. Dec 25, 2011
    Hard to watch, extremley lame premise and plot about a burger joint. Bland and boring jokes and material that is just not funny. Animation looks messy and trashy and the show is just straight up not amusing I honestly would find family guy funnier and less annoying.... and I hate Family Guy!
  15. Mar 5, 2012
    This show isnt that great it doesnt get me into the show. I like some episodes . Like the 1st 4 episodes where funny and good but after that it goes way downhill
  16. Jan 10, 2012
    Painful to watch. I do not know why Fox gave this show a chance. After struggling to watch three whole episodes, I think I laughed a combined total of two times.
  17. Jan 16, 2012
    The animation is just so saturday morning. When you see it next to The Simpsons or Family Guy it just looks like someone's kid is doing the animation in the garage. Kind of hit and miss. Some of the episodes are funny and then the next is dull.
  18. Jun 3, 2012
    this show is stupid the one character voice i can stand cause he carl from family guy but i hated it entirely the father figure is ass daughter sound like man why not give her her some guy cloth call it a day make her look like man.....

Cartoon design sucks ass
  19. Apr 20, 2014
    Ok so what gives? As if hollywood (or any industry for that matter) isn't already male dominated. This cartoon features 3 female main characters and only one of them is actually voiced by a female? I'll give the series marks for being sort of original and funny usually, but I am very disappointed in the male dominated misogynistic casting. Just because some guy is "ok" at sounding sort of female does not mean they can pull of a female character. The actors that have stolen these roles from talent female voice actors in need of a paycheck should be ashamed of themselves. Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2013
    It is the most retartedass show i ever seen in my entire life, because it never made me laugh before, but hopefully this show cancels and for family guy as well!
  21. Jan 24, 2014
    This show is a real carp. It stinks! If I could give it a negative-number score I would. This is cheaply made, poorly written, animated slop, nothing more.
  22. Sep 9, 2014
    I fail to see, how this is funny. it's not funny, characters are boring, the animation low. I would say that even family guy is better... only reason i watched the first and second season was because little brother insist me to.

1. Reviewed by: Joseph Jon lanthier
    Apr 4, 2011
    Although the show lacks the frenzied cadence of the aforementioned Archer, the depth of Bob's Burgers's relationships holds more promise. The forgiven failures and flaws of the Belchers remind us that families are often most tightly knit when they're at their most pathetic.
  2. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Mar 30, 2011
    On average, the viewer must wait through two tossed-off fart jokes in order to savor one lovingly crafted one. Bob's Burgers is done medium well.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 10, 2011
    When Bob's Burgers gets rolling and hints at the smarts that made Home Movies and Dr. Katz so good, it only makes you long for a distancing on the inane, easy-joke riffs that try to be "edgy."