• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 13, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
6.7

1. Sep 29, 2014
    To get to the point, the show has gotten rather formulaic. Following one of a few set patterns and this makes it very easy to tell the outcome of each story. To be blunt, the show needs change. New characters, new locations, new situations (perhaps some more historical murders.)

Season 9 starts of with the first few episodes tying off the story arc from the end of season 8. But the conclusion to that story arc was just a bit anti-climatic. It felt a bit rushed, just so they could go back to the tried and true episode structure. *sigh* Sadly this happens to all great murder-mystery shows.

Don't get me wrong I still love the show and like how many of the characters have developed over the years. To be honest, I feel attached to each and everyone of them. I will give this season credit for upping the gross factor. Several scenes looked very real and I give credit to the FX crew for making some gory looking bodies.

Overall:
    While season 9 feels like more of the same and the show does feel a little tired, to me, it doesn't really matter. I love this show and if they want to continue to do the same old thing, then can continue to do so for the next few decades as far as I'm concerned. Still, a bit more innovation would be nice.

There are no critic reviews yet.