• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.9

1. Mar 22, 2013
    Very idiosyncratic. The cast is likeable, particularly Danson, who is always hilarious. While at times unsure in its direction, it always an enjoyable ride. 8.0/10
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    This is a fantastic show. Was. Is. Was. It's been cancelled after 3 seasons and yet Charlie Sheen lives on. It is funny stoner detective 'noir'. Ted Danson just gets better and better with age like a nice red wine or more appropriately an aged beef. Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifinakis round the trio out and it was my weeks highlight for 30 minutes of easy going laughs. But I guess TVThis is a fantastic show. Was. Is. Was. It's been cancelled after 3 seasons and yet Charlie Sheen lives on. It is funny stoner detective 'noir'. Ted Danson just gets better and better with age like a nice red wine or more appropriately an aged beef. Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifinakis round the trio out and it was my weeks highlight for 30 minutes of easy going laughs. But I guess TV comedy is only for the 'Big Bang'/ '3 and a Half Men'/' Hot in Cleveland' watchers. The rest of us can go read a book. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    I basically enjoyed, the 1st season but the writing in the 2nd season became too hip for it's own good. And, by "hip" I mean goofy stoner comedy. I can see why it was canceled.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    Jason Schwartzman has tapped a gold mine with Bored To Death. Zack Galifinakas(The Hangover), Ted Danson(Becker) provide some of the strongest support to Jason and actor could ask for. The small family dynamic of the three on screen makes this one of the funniest shows on television. The rag tag team go about taking cases and solving often insignificant crimes all the often while onJason Schwartzman has tapped a gold mine with Bored To Death. Zack Galifinakas(The Hangover), Ted Danson(Becker) provide some of the strongest support to Jason and actor could ask for. The small family dynamic of the three on screen makes this one of the funniest shows on television. The rag tag team go about taking cases and solving often insignificant crimes all the often while on pharmaceutical or recreational drugs getting into trouble wherever they go. These cases are a product of Jonathan Aims the lead character who also is the name of the writer/ creator who is suffering writers block on his second novel and sets out to seek inspiration by taking away some of the control in his life. This is one of the great black comedys of the modern day. I rate it 10/10 and is a must see show Collapse
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is so funny. I absolutely love it. I find the storyline interesting with hilarious twist. They have such an awesome cast. Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifianakis are both so funny. Ted Danson is definitely my favorite character.
  6. Feb 9, 2011
    Do you enjoy Wes Anderson movies? do you like film noir? what? you also enjoy low-key humor? Oh, let me introduce Bored To Death to you. You're welcome
  7. Dec 9, 2010
    We are huge Wes Anderson fans, and I think this series would appeal to his audience. It has a similar sense of being slightly stylised, with a subtle, slightly offbeat humour and great characters. My only wish is that the series had more episodes, and we didn't have to wait until autumn 2011 for series 3!
  8. Nov 3, 2010
    This show is just fantastic. I am so happy I gave it a try. The cast is amazing and I can't remember the last show that was as much fun as this one. HBO continues their decent spree of great shows, I hope this show continues to be as great as it has been this season.
  9. Sep 7, 2010
    I came across this show unexpectedly & surprisingly, found this show just, a breath of fresh air . Ted Danson is amazing. I never understood the characters at first but as I watched through Season 1, I began to finally get it. Jason Schwartzman suits the role perfectly & also, add in the comedic talent of Zach Galifianakis & this show is a winner . Overall, other than ABC's Modern Family,I came across this show unexpectedly & surprisingly, found this show just, a breath of fresh air . Ted Danson is amazing. I never understood the characters at first but as I watched through Season 1, I began to finally get it. Jason Schwartzman suits the role perfectly & also, add in the comedic talent of Zach Galifianakis & this show is a winner . Overall, other than ABC's Modern Family, BTD is the best new comedy series worth watching on TV right now. Make no mistake. :) Expand

HBO sent out three advance episodes of Bored to Death, and by the third one (also the best one) I felt confident that Schwartzman was exactly where he belongs--in Brooklyn, in a cafe, watching, and worrying.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    In the end, it all amounts to pretty much the same thing: a half hour with a self-sabotaging wit. A nice side effect is that both "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Bored to Death make you feel better about yourself.
    Danson is so typically deft that he makes Christopher's raging egotism and arrested development engaging. Zach Galifianakis gives a similarly nuanced performance as the put-upon best friend of magazine writer and would-be detective Jonathan Ames (Jason Schwatzman). Danson and Galifianakis, however, can't quite make up for the fact that Ames and his various pursuits are juvenile and predictable.