• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
4.5

1. Jul 8, 2012
    I didn't expect to like Russell Brand the first time I watched an interview, but I did, very much. His humor is of an intelligent 'brand', and he's so quick and witty and informed. Others may not appreciate him since it takes some knowledge of world affairs and deeper subjects thrown in. I hate to make comparisons, since he's one of a kind, but the closest in my mind is Robin Williams,I didn't expect to like Russell Brand the first time I watched an interview, but I did, very much. His humor is of an intelligent 'brand', and he's so quick and witty and informed. Others may not appreciate him since it takes some knowledge of world affairs and deeper subjects thrown in. I hate to make comparisons, since he's one of a kind, but the closest in my mind is Robin Williams, such a brilliant and insightful mind. I honestly like him much more in stand up and interviews, you just have to try to keep up and be appreciative of his broad knowledge of his subjects, something our fast-forward generation may not be. He's refreshingly funny and doesn't rely as much on immature genitalia jokes as some other newer comedians. That gets old pretty fast. I'll be watching - got a season pass! Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Love this show! If only we could get this type of intelligent, insightful, entertaining show into main street media to help in the fight against the deliberate dumbing down of humankind! Look forward to the show every week.!
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    People expected a stand up comedy show but its a show where he talks about world issues or interesting headlines and speaks about the issue gives opinions and lets the audience speak about it something like conan but less boring haha!
  4. Oct 10, 2012
    This show is brilliant!!! It makes you seriously think about various aspects of society whilst simultaneously being hilarious. Russell is doing great!
  5. Nov 1, 2012
    This show is absolutely amazing! I wish I had found it sooner and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will survive for many seasons to come. Russell Brand truly is a comedic Genius!! If you like comedic awkwardness you will love this show.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Awesome! A travel into the weird, entertaining consciousness that is Russell Brand.

It's chaotic, action-filled and I wasn't bored for a second, haven't seen the whole 2nd season yet, but watching it step by step!

1. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Jun 29, 2012
    Some of it was compelling and some of it tedious.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 29, 2012
    The result is not all that funny but more interesting than what most stand-up TV programs deliver.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Wallenstein
    Jun 29, 2012
    Brand X works when Brand doesn't force himself to play with the trappings of the show and he just sticks to the monologue.