• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Jun 29, 2011
    You cannot predict Breaking Bad... it's impossible. Actually, I've just told a lie, and for that I apologize. You can predict Breaking Bad; in fact Breaking Bad is so predictable it's embarrassing. Before any given episode has started you can safely predict that what you are about to see is 45 minutes of television that is, in this reviewers opinion, faultless. 45 minutes of outrageousYou cannot predict Breaking Bad... it's impossible. Actually, I've just told a lie, and for that I apologize. You can predict Breaking Bad; in fact Breaking Bad is so predictable it's embarrassing. Before any given episode has started you can safely predict that what you are about to see is 45 minutes of television that is, in this reviewers opinion, faultless. 45 minutes of outrageous situation comedy with hilarious consequences, 45 minutes of gut wrenching and heart felt emotional drama, 45 minutes of impeccable acting from its two leads, who's on-screen chemistry (excuse the pun) has garnered them with a total of 4 Emmy's, and 45 minutes (im about to come back full circle here) of impossible to predict story lines that make the twists and turns in shows like Lost and Fringe genuinely feel like amateur hour. Season 2 doesn't let up for one second. There is no 'filler' here, none whatsoever. And in all honesty, hand on heart, having thought it through thoroughly, looked back at my favourite (almost immoveable) series from shows that are close to my heart, I might have to declare Breaking Bad season 2 as the best season of a tv show I have seen to date. I know that's a bold statement, but having sat through all 13 exquisitely put together episodes, it just makes sense to have that opinion, it really does. Expand
  2. Sep 5, 2011
    This season in particular has 13 must watch episodes. The unpredictability of the story is front and center in season 2. If you like dark and intense, then this show has everything that you are looking for. I recommend it to everyone I know, for good reason.
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    S01 was great, but things get WAY better on the second one. You can see that from the first two episodes. Much more intense and serious. TV at its best.
  4. Mar 7, 2012
    Now THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. This is how you do television. Well-written characters, foreshadowing, actual character development that feels natural and some of the best camera work I've ever seen on television. Not to mention the sheer unpredictability of it all, while still maintaining coherency. My personal favorite season.
  5. Aug 10, 2011
    Breaking Bad shows the viewer how a man is able to change. It is a very interesting subject which is portrayed impecabbly by Bryan Cranston as Walter White. Gripping storyline with good actors. Maybe it's just me, but maybe the only thing which bugs me in Breaking Bad is the acting of Anna Gunn in the role of Skyler White who is portraying the pregnant mother in a too exaggeratedly way.
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    The second season, being the first whole season, rightly solidifies Breaking Bad's place among different critics' summer highlight articles in TV. At the end of the 1st season you may be wondering, is the whole series this suspenseful & unpredictable? The 2nd season eliminates any question of the show's place among TV's heavy-hitters.
  7. Mar 17, 2012
    This show has the amazing ability to constantly take twists and turns that make my jaw drop and my head spin. Its simply put, the best show on television, and Season 2 ramped up everything that made Season 1 amazing tenfold, tightening the tension of Walter's decisions, stretching the agonizing family drama to such heart-wrenching heights it can only be described as masterful, and makingThis show has the amazing ability to constantly take twists and turns that make my jaw drop and my head spin. Its simply put, the best show on television, and Season 2 ramped up everything that made Season 1 amazing tenfold, tightening the tension of Walter's decisions, stretching the agonizing family drama to such heart-wrenching heights it can only be described as masterful, and making the sucker punch to the gut moments that much more hard-hitting. Expand
  8. Jul 16, 2012
    after watching the first season of the show i was expecting it to have a very good second season but i could have never predicted how wonderful this season was....its just fantastic....WAY better than the first and thats saying something.
  9. Nov 9, 2012
    This is the best show that's not on a pay channel. The performances are damn near flawless. Emmys anyone?
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    After a very good first season, the second does not disappoint anyone, Excellent leaves you very addicted for know what happens in the next season. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, the perfect couple.
  11. Aug 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great show. Season 2 wasn't quite as good as season 1, however, due to Walt's storyline. I feel like there could be a little more meth baking going on. Also, I feel like the success of the show made his health issues "go away" somewhat quickly. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  12. Oct 18, 2011
    This is the first time i feel myself loving a TV show so much that watching something else is quite boring, like NCIS or CSI. The future belongs to AMC.
  13. Sep 29, 2011
    Is there anything that can be said about this season? Besides the fact that it improves over a season that was already great to begin with, I can't summon the proper words to adequately describe its brilliance. I **** LOVE THIS SHOW!!!
  14. Jan 1, 2014
    Season 2 of Breaking Bad has the show finding some real stride. Every moment seems to be more intentional nothing is wasted as there's a story being told every second. The characters themselves are going through growing pains. That transition makes for great entertainment and complexity in what is quickly becoming one of my new favorite shows. Season 1 was good, Season 2 is better.Season 2 of Breaking Bad has the show finding some real stride. Every moment seems to be more intentional nothing is wasted as there's a story being told every second. The characters themselves are going through growing pains. That transition makes for great entertainment and complexity in what is quickly becoming one of my new favorite shows. Season 1 was good, Season 2 is better. AMC, home to The Walking Dead, definitely has another winner on their hands. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    Season 2 continues to develop the characters and continues with an amazing story that keeps getting better and better. The only downside is the wait we have to endure for the next season.
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    One of the best seasons of Breaking Bad. It expands so much, It has a great story and amazing acting, You cant denie that this is easily the best show on TV.
  17. Jul 20, 2011
    All the story does is suck you in, and compel you to empathize with the drug lord Walter White. It's insane, riveting, imaginative and innovative. It is the drama of a decade.
  18. Sep 20, 2014
    Starts off with the intensity cranked to 10. Throughout it's 13-episode run this second season rarely loses it. Even when it does get slower it is still an incredibly addictive experience, much like the meth it's characters sell. It's emotional, funny, dark, brutal, and just an all around excellent show. It's got some drop-offs into slower pacing every now and then, but they're hardlyStarts off with the intensity cranked to 10. Throughout it's 13-episode run this second season rarely loses it. Even when it does get slower it is still an incredibly addictive experience, much like the meth it's characters sell. It's emotional, funny, dark, brutal, and just an all around excellent show. It's got some drop-offs into slower pacing every now and then, but they're hardly noticeable. I give season 2 a near-perfect score of 9.9/10. Expand
  19. Jul 21, 2011
    it's just crazy how they can keep making this masterpiece of a show. This is better than any other show; even on pay channels like HBO and what not. It's just mind bottling how good it is. It's very difficult to explain just how great this tv show is. If you have doubts and don't like watching for free on the net, then just stop, go to the nearest place that sells box sets, and buy atit's just crazy how they can keep making this masterpiece of a show. This is better than any other show; even on pay channels like HBO and what not. It's just mind bottling how good it is. It's very difficult to explain just how great this tv show is. If you have doubts and don't like watching for free on the net, then just stop, go to the nearest place that sells box sets, and buy at least season 1. And I assure you that you will not be disappointed. You will go out and buy season 2, and maybe even season 3 right away. Believe me, it gets better and better. The drama, suspense, and your "Holy $#!%" counter will go up more and more after each season. Please take my word and watch it. It makes me so anxious for the next episode to air. Expand
  20. May 24, 2013
    After the disappointing second series of shows like 'Prison Break' and 'Heroes' I was a little worried that Breaking Bad may fall into the same category. Any doubts however were quickly put aside after the opening episode. In fact, if anything, this is actually an improvement on the first season (something I would not have thought possible) as we see Walter Whites continued attempts toAfter the disappointing second series of shows like 'Prison Break' and 'Heroes' I was a little worried that Breaking Bad may fall into the same category. Any doubts however were quickly put aside after the opening episode. In fact, if anything, this is actually an improvement on the first season (something I would not have thought possible) as we see Walter Whites continued attempts to establish his new business and the problems that entail.

The only negative thing I can say about Breaking Bad is that I can't believe this has still not aired on a major UK channel as this is certainly one show that deserves a far bigger audience in this country.
  21. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  22. Aug 23, 2011
    Season 2 was when Jessie Pinkman became my favorite character. Episodes like Peekaboo where Jessie tries to go get his money back from some junkies at a meth house, and he finds the young neglected kid in the home is just great. Very original and flat out one of the best episodes I've seen in television history. The season picks up and gets extremely good and original at the very end ofSeason 2 was when Jessie Pinkman became my favorite character. Episodes like Peekaboo where Jessie tries to go get his money back from some junkies at a meth house, and he finds the young neglected kid in the home is just great. Very original and flat out one of the best episodes I've seen in television history. The season picks up and gets extremely good and original at the very end of the season. Expand
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    The show was already great as of the first season, it somehow got better. I was impressed by the second season of Breaking Bad, and it broke all the expectations I had in place from the first season.
  24. Nov 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad is an awesome show! I love it and suggest it to everyone who hasnt seen it yet. It beats Dexter in best Drama in both my heart and with the emmy count. Breaking Bad has great actors, who play awesome characters, in a great story. Keep it up Breaking Bad.
  25. Dec 20, 2011
    A lot better this season but what is scary about this show is that its this good and still has yet to reach it's peak. It was a little predictable at times though and a little boring as well but it still kept you interested and it just has that addictiveness to it. Cranston once again steals the show and proves why he is easily the best actor on TV.
  26. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  27. Jan 19, 2012
    Season 1 was great TV, but it was season 2 that really signaled to us that Breaking Bad was something truly revolutionary. This was also the most systematic and most clearly put together season of the series so far, and I'm a definite fan of that ominous teddy bear. The artistic value was really something here, but the 'ooh ahh' moments were unparalleled too. The end of the season finaleSeason 1 was great TV, but it was season 2 that really signaled to us that Breaking Bad was something truly revolutionary. This was also the most systematic and most clearly put together season of the series so far, and I'm a definite fan of that ominous teddy bear. The artistic value was really something here, but the 'ooh ahh' moments were unparalleled too. The end of the season finale still sends shivers down my spine. Expand
  28. Feb 2, 2012
    This season is such a huge improvement. An expanded cast that brings us characters like Saul and Gus, Its an amazing season and I wouldnt argue that its the best season the show has came out with if someone said so because its that great. Acting is a lot better this season too and the story has improved quite a bit as well. It does struggle a little bit at times because it does get aThis season is such a huge improvement. An expanded cast that brings us characters like Saul and Gus, Its an amazing season and I wouldnt argue that its the best season the show has came out with if someone said so because its that great. Acting is a lot better this season too and the story has improved quite a bit as well. It does struggle a little bit at times because it does get a little boring and makes you lose interest but its still a great show. Expand
  29. Aug 7, 2013
    The show continues to improve as it starts to really get into the swing of things. The acting is amazing and the increased action and drama in this season makes it even better than the first season, though the first season was good in its own right.
  30. Oct 26, 2012
    The great concept of the show is perpetuated and Bryan Cranston as well aus Aaron Paul are playing good again. The first three episodes are just awesome and so the series puts itself obstacles in the way, the other episodes can't keep up with such a fantastic start. In the middle of the season they really could've shortened some parts and the supporting actors get more than in the debutThe great concept of the show is perpetuated and Bryan Cranston as well aus Aaron Paul are playing good again. The first three episodes are just awesome and so the series puts itself obstacles in the way, the other episodes can't keep up with such a fantastic start. In the middle of the season they really could've shortened some parts and the supporting actors get more than in the debut season, but are even plainer. However, 'Breaking Bad' is bodacious! I for myself was disappointed after the high expectations I had after the first season, but nevertheless the 2nd season is also really worth watching and very good! Expand

Breaking Bad works as an unabashedly bold story about a man in extremis, told with the iconographic and ironic sensibility of Quentin Tarantino.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    For all its bleakness and darkness, there's a glowing exhilaration about this series: It's a feel-good show about feeling really bad.
  3. Breaking Bad is indeed so flat-out superb it appears to be operating at a different level than just about everybody else save AMC's own "Mad Men" and maybe a couple of shows over at FX.