• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.4

Universal acclaim- based on 1935 Ratings

1. Aug 19, 2010
    I've never seen anything like it, refreshingly original and brutally logical. Brilliantly cast and acted all around. It manages to stay unpredictable with absolutely no hint of jumping the shark. Just watch it.
  2. Oct 15, 2010
    Just keeps getting better as the seasons go on, not many shows can manage that. Tonally it's like No Country for Old Men was turned into a TV show. Not saying anything that hasn't been said before but why can't more shows be shot this well?
  3. Nov 27, 2013
    I honestly would have stopped watching Breaking Bad at season 3 if not for the stellar reviews the final season received. Walt is the least likable character I've ever seen on a successful television show, and I don't say that lightly. He's a bad liar; he's petty; and despite what everyone seems to think, he is certainly not a badass. There are a lot of good moments in this show. ButI honestly would have stopped watching Breaking Bad at season 3 if not for the stellar reviews the final season received. Walt is the least likable character I've ever seen on a successful television show, and I don't say that lightly. He's a bad liar; he's petty; and despite what everyone seems to think, he is certainly not a badass. There are a lot of good moments in this show. But too much of it consists of crazy coincidences occurring and characters acting out of character in order for the plot to be moved forward dramatically, without everything dissolving to nothing (One Minute, I'm looking at you especially). In other words, this show seems scripted, even though it seems to go to great lengths to not feel scripted. Expand
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    It doesn't get any better than this. Best season by far. The twins were absolutely amazing. The main characters were developed. It was a treat to watch Walt. Gus was awesome in the calm manner in which he deals with things. And what an ending to the season!
  5. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the best tv show on at the moment. nothing comes close. the only reason i give it a 9 is because i only give 10s for the best thing ive seen. (wait till you get to season 4 and 5). i would give it a 9.5 if i could. the acting is still amazing, proven by the emmy wins for cranston and paul for best actor and best supporting actor respectively. the addition of gus fring makes this season even better than the last two. the season finale 'full measure' is simply awesome, especially the scene where gale is shot by jesse, one of the most emotional scenes on television. the show is brilliantly told and the character development of ww is simply mind-blowing. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2010
    Wow, can I say about this great show?

This is easily the best show on television right now, and season 3 is keeping the pace going. While Vince Gilligan and the crew did have some slower establishing episodes early on, the episode "Mas" blew the doors off the barn. Such great writing, great acting, mind-blowing cinematography, gorgeous audio and painstaking attention to detail goWow, can I say about this great show?

This is easily the best show on television right now, and season 3 is keeping the pace going. While Vince Gilligan and the crew did have some slower establishing episodes early on, the episode "Mas" blew the doors off the barn. Such great writing, great acting, mind-blowing cinematography, gorgeous audio and painstaking attention to detail go into every single shot. Expand

7. Aug 12, 2010
    Absolutely the best show on television. Season 3 kept me on the edge of my seat each Sunday night and kept me counting the days in between. Vince Gilligan has created a brilliant, unique show that keeps me begging for more. Can't wait until season 4...
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    I didnt like it as much as the previous season because it took a few episodes to really get into it but I love it none the less. I feel that the addition of Gus and Mike do wonders for the show, Great writing and the acting is still amazing.
  9. Dec 24, 2010
    All I can say is this - Half Measures' final scene.

For me, this is the scene that wraps up the entire show. This is why Season 4 of Breaking Bad is the only thing that is keeping me alive.
  10. Jan 28, 2013
    Season 3, unlike the other seasons (which are perfect), is a bit disappointing. Still, it's a very good TV show season. The intro, which should be intriguing in all TV shows/movies, is very disappointing and boring. After half season, the TV show recovers itself and re-starts being excellent.
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    Bracing, urgent, and, at time, even funny. Cranston and Paul are still perfect and play off each other better than any current TV team.
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    I loved Breaking Bad when it started. The acting, directing and writing were next to none. In particular, its unflinching realism was excellent, and the logical difficulties that the protagonist was met with would be the same as it would be the same as it would be for any of us.

By Season 3 however the game has changed. The main character allows himself to be treated like dirt by his wife, who fast becomes one of the most annoying characters on television. Her high-handed, hypocritical, judgemental (and occasionally irrational) moralisation detracts from the complexities of the family's position. Meanwhile, the fact that the main character's response is humility is specifically frustrating.

On the other hand we have the main character and his sidekick/partner fighting "cat and dog" as one character puts it. The reason for their disagreements seem tenuous. This relationship was the underpinning of the series; so its near absence detracts greatly from Breaking Bad Season 3. The new "Big Bad" cartel boss, whilst initially, expertly portrayed, soon veers off into implausibility. Sloppy writing "where did the baby disappear", idiocy "are you going to pepper spray me?" and character changes "lets buy a car-wash" abound. There is no episode without flaws, although episode 5, "Más", is by far the weakest. *pity*
  13. Aug 24, 2012
    First season was not bad, second simply enogh and the third is a festival of monotony. They make money and they loose all money, they make money again and they loose all money again.
  14. Jan 2, 2012
    This season, has the most deaths compared to the first two. You see some pretty amazing things. There is a lot of good dialogue. Walter get's very dark here, but he is still himself. A great and lengthy season to an unstoppable show!
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    This season might have had a few slow episodes but it remained high quality and the ending, what an ending. How cruel for them to leave us hanging like that. Season 4 cannot come soon enough.
  16. Nov 10, 2010
    Stage a marathon watching if you haven't caught this gem yet. Best show on TV, the best ever produced imho. Season 1 was pretty good, season 2 uneven but good overall, season 3 breathtaking. I'm still counting the days until season 4 premiers. Aaron Paul earned his Emmy!!! I wish I could shake his hand and give him a thank you hug/kiss. I love the writers and directors, they are brilliant.
  17. Mar 2, 2011
    If there was ever a series that deserved a full 10, this would be it! The script is sharp, the acting is top notch and the story is engaging. I am blown away with how good every single actor in this series is. Clever, fun and moving.
  18. Jul 21, 2011
    I just reviewed season 1 and 2 because I discovered this great series later than most. And I will say what I have said twice before. This is the greatest show on tv, period. This season, specifically, is even better than it's previous seasons. I just can't believe how they can keep making this masterpiece of a television series. A movie cannot bring you the feeling you get when you watchI just reviewed season 1 and 2 because I discovered this great series later than most. And I will say what I have said twice before. This is the greatest show on tv, period. This season, specifically, is even better than it's previous seasons. I just can't believe how they can keep making this masterpiece of a television series. A movie cannot bring you the feeling you get when you watch this show. There are 33 episodes after season 3's end. each episode is 45 minutes. That is hours of character development, intense scenes, breathtaking action and suspense, and fantastic cinematography. This show is the greatest entertainment I have ever scene. No other movie or show has made me so excited when something crazy happens in the show. No other source of media has made me feel hopeless for a character as much as Breaking Bad. This is one of the best forms of entertainment, period. This show deserves the awards and deserves the praise it has received. In my opinion, this is the best season yet. The episode "One Minute" is hands down my favorite episode in the entire series. I can never explain how much I enjoy this show. I say that if you haven't seen this show yet, do it ASAP! It's a masterpiece. Brilliance. Expand
  19. Jun 29, 2011
    The pain on Jesse's face when the door opened at the end of this season's finale will always haunt me. As emotional and heartbreaking as virtually anything ive come across in my trek across the TV landscape. The true manifestation of Walters's creation, since he had first laid eyes on that pile of money whilst watching the news during his birthday celebrations back in season one, was thereThe pain on Jesse's face when the door opened at the end of this season's finale will always haunt me. As emotional and heartbreaking as virtually anything ive come across in my trek across the TV landscape. The true manifestation of Walters's creation, since he had first laid eyes on that pile of money whilst watching the news during his birthday celebrations back in season one, was there in all its horrific and tragic repugnancy. The fact that it came literally five seconds after what could arguably be described as the coolest 'high five' moment of the show to date, just represents what a masterclass Breaking Bad really is. Season 3 is raw, it's nasty, it's dark, and it's terrifying. Laughs are still there, and aplenty (Saul's 'Kevin Costner' chat up line springs immediately to mind)... but there is no turning back for our two beloved protagonists now. Lines have been crossed, lives have been changed, and people's very souls have been stained forever. The best show on TV keeps getting better, all while the competition sits in its shadow tirelessly trying to figure out how to dethrone a juggernaut of immeasurable proportions. Ten days ago I hadn't seen one single episode of Breaking Bad, and was of the opinion that 'Mad Men' was TV's current finest hour. Ten days later have I changed my opinion? You bet ya a*s I have... yo! Expand
  20. Aug 23, 2011
    I agree with metacritic when they give it a 10 out 10.
    I never thought they could of made the show better than season 2, seeing how damn well amazing season 2 was. This season like most of the breaking bad begins off GREAT! There's a small jump in time,
    and begins off with A LOT of guilt, that Jessie and Walt both feel on their shoulders. The season like all the others is great throughout
    I agree with metacritic when they give it a 10 out 10.
    The season like all the others is great throughout and builds up to extreme heights and continues to picks up at the end of the season with intense action. Breaking bad is like meth for television viewers.
    I've never seen a bad episode of Breaking Bad.
    The Intro's are original and meaningful and always related, as you will find out later in the season.
  21. Sep 25, 2013
    I've never seen anything like it, This is easily the best show on television right now Just keeps getting better as the seasons go on, not many shows can manage that
  22. Oct 18, 2013
    Oh man, if you think it's good now, you have another great 2 (and a half?) seasons to be amazed. This is where viewers begin to see Breaking Bad shedding its skin and displaying its beautifully written story for all to see. This is the season when I started telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad. It was great.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    It's getting more hard to stop watching. Amazing. Everything from the first 2 seasons just gets better. So intense and original. My intensity level is up to 100 out of 10. It's so amazing.
  24. SteveS
    Apr 20, 2010
    This is easily the best show on television right now, and season 3 is keeping the pace going. While Vince Gilligan and the crew did have some slower establishing episodes early on, the episode "Mas" blew the doors off the barn. Such great writing, great acting, mind-blowing cinematography, gorgeous audio and painstaking attention to detail go into every single shot. Never have I seen such This is easily the best show on television right now, and season 3 is keeping the pace going. While Vince Gilligan and the crew did have some slower establishing episodes early on, the episode "Mas" blew the doors off the barn. Such great writing, great acting, mind-blowing cinematography, gorgeous audio and painstaking attention to detail go into every single shot. Never have I seen such love poured into every aspect of a TV show before. For those who like Two and a Half Men or CSI, this is not your show. You like Easy Mac, and this is prime rib. But if you love really exploring art and getting the rewards of awesome revelations, you will fall in love with Breaking Bad. Oh, and if you can sit through the "A Man Provides" speech and not feel something, you have no pulse. Expand
  25. Sep 11, 2010
    This show has really gotten serious in a flash, making the show **** more awesome than Brian Cranston's first career, on Malcolm in the Middle. Excitement leaving you on your seat, anticipation that can keep you on the couch long enough waiting for the next episode, and humor that makes you laugh your ass off. I would recommend this TV show to someone who loves cliff- hangers, violence,This show has really gotten serious in a flash, making the show **** more awesome than Brian Cranston's first career, on Malcolm in the Middle. Excitement leaving you on your seat, anticipation that can keep you on the couch long enough waiting for the next episode, and humor that makes you laugh your ass off. I would recommend this TV show to someone who loves cliff- hangers, violence, the chemistry of meth, and hilarious characters, with a absolutely perfect storyline. Can't wait for season four!! Expand
  26. Apr 12, 2011
    Few shows get stronger with each passing season. A true testament to the strength of the writers and cast. With every new episode they introduce some new plot twist or a character trait that never fails to surprise. Kudos to AMC.
  27. Sep 29, 2011
    How the **** do they continue to better themselves? The only thing that could be worthy of juxtaposition with this would be The Wire. **** all the other TV shows. Breaking Bad is the greatest goddamned show on.
  28. Jan 10, 2014
    Overall season 3 runs triumphant. The show verges on the edge of perfection as emotions run high and lies slowly find some daylight, if a bit muddled. The cast turns superb performances and, with the exception of a slower episode or two, proves to be the best Breaking Bad season so far. This show is on a huge upswing at this point.
  29. Mar 24, 2011
    I can't decide which show is better... This one or "Mad Men." They are both basically perfect. There is not much I need to say about the show except for WATCH IT. You will not be disappointed. A brutally human and emotional show. Does anyone else wonder what happened to that guy Walt killed in the first season? Can't wait to find out.
  30. Jul 20, 2011
    This shows plot flows like the storyline of an enticing book. Not quickly as to miss something, but not slow as to become boring. It's slow, methodical plot is barely seen in any form of media. Its delivery is perfect, and its season finale will have you grasping for more.

When people ask me to recommend good TV, they never seem to have heard about it. Yup, Breaking Bad is that series.
    The bleakness is a little relentless for my taste, but you have to marvel at the series' dark vision. Odenkirk is working with the best of the best, and he knows it.
  3. Breaking Bad has, in short, everything you could want from an hour-long show: suspense, laughs, danger, and poignance.