• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.4

1. Oct 20, 2011
    This season was mind blowing. It's slow at the beginning, but which season isn't? The ending is so amazing, but somewhat predictable. But that's ok! For once, you get what you expect! Amazing season, amazing show and amazing televison.
  2. Aug 18, 2011
    tense , expertly written , brilliant cast , stunning locations , if you have not seen this , watch now , best drama EVER , the only criticism i have is that its only 60mins long
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Brilliant show. The writing on this is the best I have ever seen, and nothing in this genre comes close. Amazing casting with fantastic performances from the entire cast. The suspense is crippling at times and the show leaves you breathless on many occasions. It is hard to tackle this subject material without being corny, pretentious, or dull but they execute flawlessly. Cranston has taken a character and made it his own to the point you forget him being Malcom's dad. Its dark, gritty, but also has moments of real comedic genius. The way the show is shot reminds me a lot of the early work of Sam Mendes and they do so on a much smaller budget. I tell everyone to watch this show because it is some of the best work ever to be on television. Expand
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    A brilliant episode to showcase the return of one of the best dramas that have ever surfaced in t.v. history. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time wondering what's gonna happen next and when that one scene happens, whether you were expecting it or not, your mouth will be on the floor. A powerful showcase from Cranston and the other cast, but Paul really shines in this episode despite not speaking a word for 75% of the episode. It's definitely the best premiere to a show, ever. Expand
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    Its the best reviewed season for a reason. This season is amazing from start to finish. We watch Gus devolve from a calm buisness man to a cold hearted killer, The writing is still great, and the acting is suprisingly even better (I thought it was perfect to begin with). I love it.
  6. Jul 18, 2011
    Marvelous show. Excellent writing. Equally great acting. The story is always hinged on reality and such intense human drama that you cannot help but remain fascinated even when things are either anti-climactic or unresolved. As are many instances of life itself. The 4th season premiere was long overdue and culminated with a brutal display of blood spilling out to illustrate the inevitable brutality of those who are outside the usual playing field. Those who believe that the universe is indifferent and that absolution is the key to survival. The only downside is that the pause between last season's closer and season 4's premiere may have subdued some of the drama that lingered on and it would be wise to see them back to back.... And Amc's ultra loud bang boom presentation of its show makes you feel as though you're about to watch the super bowl. Expand
  7. Jul 17, 2011
    Great premier, i'm very excited to see the next episode and the rest of the season. If your thinking about watching Breaking Bad don't hesitate, it's stupendous. Best show on television!!
  8. Jul 17, 2011
    AWESOME season four opener tonite!! Looks like this season will continue the suspense, drama, and brilliance of the first 3 seasons. Gus was especially chilling in tonite's episode. Bravo!
  9. Oct 5, 2011
    I finally bought into all the hype and starting watching breaking bad on Netflix..... best decision I've ever made. This show has everything. It's dark, funny, and engaging.
  10. Jul 21, 2011
    Strong as ever, Breaking Bad returns for its fourth season. The premiere once again delivered prove that you will have a hard time finding a show that has lighting, score and cinematography as beautiful as this. The writing is still meticulous and anything but shallow. And Bryan Cranston might have just won himself another Emmy. Absolutely astonishing what he can do with an expression on his face alone.

Needless to say, this looks to be another great season.
  11. Aug 8, 2011
    This show is one of the best creations in television history. But I wonder why you don't include the reviews from New York Magazine in the 'Critc Reviews' - they're very good, and you include NY Mag movie reviews in the 'Movies' section!
  12. Aug 25, 2011
    Best show on Tv right now. This show is really amazing and has incredible writing and brilliant actors. As the seasons progress all of the actors continue to grow and step their game up to the level of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. It's to the point now where you never see any of them acting, they are the characters they play. The writer's keep you constantly guessing too on what is going to happen next, and every time I think I know what's coming up, I'm wrong. It's not only the writing and actors that make this show great though, it's everything else as well. The cinematography is exceptional and the landscape and silhouette shots are breath-taking. The music and sound effects are also very good. Subtle, yet abrasive when they need to be with very good use of the less is more theory. I also really like the fact that this year they writers and producers are delving into the world of the meth users more and how scary and unpredictable that world is. I didn't think that there was enough of that in the first 3 seasons, so I'm glad that they are showing the meth game from all points of view; the producers and dealers , the police, and the users.

Breaking Bad and The Wire are my two favorite drama's of all-time. I definitely recommend checking both of them out if you can stomach the graphic scenes and the harsh realities of the drug game.
  13. Oct 1, 2011
    I tried to keep my review until the end of the season, but from what I've seen so far, the season is perfect. absolutely flawless. It's actually scary how well this TV show is made that it makes me fear for Walter and his family. Extremely powerful show with flawless writing, acting, and directing.
  14. Sep 29, 2011
    Its back on track again. I thought the third season was beginning to lose its way but it has gotten back its edge in this season. Excellent tense scenes. Best show around.
  15. Oct 8, 2011
    This season is amazing, Breaking Bad is getting better season after season while other series go the opposite. I'm longing for the last episode of S4 !
  16. Sep 5, 2011
    Great season. Especially the premier and the 8th episode "hermanos." i have a sneaky suspicion that we are all in for a treat with the last 5 episodes.
  17. Oct 4, 2011
    The writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living a double life). But by season 4, it has evolved into an emotionally gripping show that looks into human morality and the consequences of our actions, sprinkled over a captivating rags to riches drug business storyline. I can never say enough about the acting. It's like a competition between the actors as they try to top each other every episode. Expand
  18. Oct 5, 2011
    Breaking Bad Season 4 gets a full 10 out of 10, but that doesn't really do it justice. This might be the best season of television ever. Not an exaggeration, it is just that good. The writers' patience and interest in pacing might be the most striking part of the whole series, and what really sets it apart. There is no need to rush from plot point to plot point, the focus instead is on the characters' reactions to even the most mundane moments in life as they respond to the jarring things that have happened to them. This is a dark show that deals with trauma in a very measured, realistic, and believable way. Unlike a show like 24 (not hating, just an example), a character shoots somebody and then spends half of a season slowly coming to grips with they have done. Breaking Bad brings television to whole new level, which is not something that many shows can actually say. Expand
  19. Oct 8, 2011
    Breaking Bad season 4 has not only been the best season of Breaking Bad so far, but one of the best seasons of any TV show to have aired on TV. Breaking Bad keeps its viewers on the edge of their seat throughout the whole season, leaving us wondering who will die in this episode, or what will happen next. Breaking Bad manages to do what most TV shows fail to do: ongoing drama, unexpected twists and turns -- and most importantly, keeping it very realistic throughout the ongoing drama and not becoming too ridiculous. Expand
  20. Nov 8, 2011
    I hate 'Breaking Bad'. I really do.
    Because I can't pull myself away from it. Each and every episode is strong on it's own, but when looked from the perspective of the series, it gets even better.

Definately the best series out there right now.
  21. Dec 16, 2011
    the best breaking bad season and possibly the best season of any show ever. the acting and writing are genius. the drama is so intense and acting so perfect that even a uncultured Spartacus fan could enjoy it.
  22. Oct 8, 2011
    this show is just brilliant. everything is looking realistic, writers doing a helluva job and the acting is fabulous. it is probably for me gusto, the best contemporary show on the planet. it's sad tho that the show has to end after the 5th season.
  23. Oct 9, 2011
    This season for me has been absolute perfection in TV drama - one of the best series of any show I've ever seen, I would not change a thing. Every episode is well paced and leaves you on the edge of your seat. It's also still fresh and unpredictable. Very satisfying season!
  24. Jul 28, 2011
    by far the best acted, and best written television show that you will get. Even after two seasons, Breaking Bad keeps me hooked episode to episode.
  25. Jul 22, 2011
    What an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse and Walt have changed soooo much throughout this show. Best show on television! Expand
  26. Jul 21, 2011
    A compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinary but realistic all the same. An exceptional and convincing show. Expand
  27. Oct 23, 2011
    The best word for this season is: Intense. Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, and Gus Fring are the focus of this season and each one keeps every scene adrenaline packed. The writers foreshadow the season's development, but even if you anticipate the "what," you'll be surprised by the "how."
  28. Sep 4, 2011
  29. Jul 22, 2011
    One of the only shows to give me goosebumps, damn shame the only negative vote.. a 1 of all digits, is probably a fan of American Idol. Great acting, great music score, less is more in the scene between Gus and company. I have waited over a year for this season... and it was well worth it so far.
  30. Jul 18, 2011
    best shoe ive ever seen on television. this season doesn't look to be letting up at all. the acting, story telling, suspense, and drama are as good as ever. i never thought a show would have me rooting for the main stars to cook meth
  31. Jul 25, 2011
    AMC can not go wrong when it comes to original programming and Breaking Bad is no exception. It is easily the best dramatic series on cable television. The writing is superb, the performances are top-notch, and the production quality is cinematic in nature. If you are not watching this show, set your DVR and witness for yourself what everyone else is raving about.
  32. Jul 28, 2011
    Tense, surging and edge of your seat tv. Breaking bad has definitely found it's groove and cementing itself as a premier show on tv today. Season 4 in particular has picked up the reigns in a tough situation for the characters, but the acting and the screenplay has been superb so far. Triple thumbs up (if that is possible?).
  33. Aug 1, 2011
    This series, as said by many, is unquestionably the best on television, and I doubt it will meet its match any time soon. I would go so far as to call it a masterpiece. Bryan Cranston is compelling and believable as Walther White, a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who contracts terminal lung cancer and decides to cook crystal meth in order to provide for his family in the event of his imminent death. Never before have I seen such convincing and outstanding acting, especially from Cranston and Paul Aaron, Walt's young partner in crime. Along with these two strong lead actors there is an ensemble of nearly as good supporting characters. This show seems so plausible, so real and is utterly mesmerizing. The drama is multi-layered and complex, with equal amounts of suspense and emotional appeal. There is no black and white in this tour de force, only shades of gray. Several times I was unsure on what was right, wrong, and necessary in this story. The choices made by the characters in Breaking Bad have serious and irreparable consequences, and every move Walt makes seems to suck him deeper and deeper into the chaos he has, albeit unintentionally, created. Vince Gilligan and the writing staff of Breaking Bad have given the Coen brothers a run for their money. Expand
  34. Sep 1, 2011
    The Breaking Bad team continues to bring us a great show. Walter remains likeable but continues to move further and further to the dark side, and he is becoming more and more alienated to the people around him. One of the few shows I wait for week to week.
  35. Sep 6, 2011
    Best TV show ever. A terrific season of the drama with lots of suspense and drama that the last season had. This season of the AMC hit showcases as one of the best series on television to date.
  36. Sep 14, 2011
    Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul both have Emmys thanks to BB. Now it's time for Giancarlo Esposito and/or
    Jonathan Banks to win. I don't know how the writers of BB do it, but each season gets better than the previous one, and the storylines with Gus (Esposito) and Mike (Banks) have made this season the most nerve-wracking to date. This is the most exciting show on any channel, and that
    includes the premium channels. Expand
  37. Sep 15, 2011
    Best show now days and one of the best in the history of tv , Breaking Bad is all you can ask for dramatic entertainment , The Acting , the writing . the directing and the cinematography , It is the nearest thing to perfection , we are in the age of gold television
  38. Oct 9, 2011
    This series has to be the "Seinfeld" of thriller/drama series especially going by the last episode of season 4. It makes all the movies and TV shows I've seen in the past ten years pale by comparison in entertainment value. I'm a very picky TV viewer after 45 years of honing my tastes finding meaningful programming. I have not found anything even close to as gripping, suspenseful and edge of your seat story telling as this series. Better than the Sopranos. October 9th 2011 episode just blew me away. Unbelievable! Bravo for all the writers and actors, cinematography and music in this series. I commend you on your skills. It's going to take me a while to come down after seeing the last episode. I feel like I have war fatigue.

Thank you.
  39. Nov 9, 2011
    Easily the greatest drama on television at the moment, possibly the greatest ever. A must watch for anyone. And now I will right some more to fill in the character limit. Breaking Bad is amazing, simple.
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. this season was incredible, the writing, the acting, bryan cranston's scene where he laughs maniacally, EVERYTHING is top notch. i cant wait for season 5 where i assume they'll be in colorado which was implied when skylar went to 4 corners national park. make sure you watch from the very begining though as the director always gives fans a caveat and a gentle nudge at all the little details of the past episodes! Collapse
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    The best current show on television...period. I still believe it's riding a thin line between "The Shield" greatness and "The Sopranos" greatness. How the next 16 or 18 episodes play out will determine where this brilliant show will fit into the cannon of the best television dramas ever.
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    This show is a masterpiece plain and simle. The characters are engaging and believable. The story arcs are delicately interwoven and create tension that simply canot be described in a short review like this.
  43. Dec 1, 2011
    Now THAT is how you do a season finale. This show, though plodding, is smart and full of tension. It's never gimmicky, and never underestimates the audience. If only other producers could learn from that. Overall, great writing and acting by all. Nice photography, too, which I can RARELY say about any show, really.
  44. Dec 7, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time. Expand
  45. Dec 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad has finally hit its pitch perfect stride. Every episode was perfect. What more is there to say? This is the best season of one of the best shows.
  46. Dec 29, 2011
    This is hands down one of the best TV shows I've ever seen (on par with shows like The Wire) and honestly shows like this make me worried for the future of the film industry. There's just so much more time to set up characters and settings that when the thrills finally arrive they make that much more of an impact. Not only is this an amazing show, but this has to be the the best season as well.
  47. Jan 4, 2012
    Wow, just wow! This season ups the anty. Seasons 1-3 build up the tension and the increasingly desperate position of the main characters. Couple an even more tension filled plot line, with great writing and acting and you've got something incredible.
  48. Feb 24, 2012
    This was the greatest season of television I have ever seen. The plot twisted and turned into a surprising, explosive crescendo. Gus and Walter's game of cat & mouse was captivating, tense and well constructed. The way Gilligan was able to weave various characters' pasts into issues in the present elevated the storyline to unchartered heights for what was already a brilliant and formidable show. I can't wait for the final season! Expand
  49. Mar 17, 2012
    It boggles my mind how there could be anyone dishing out negative reviews this far into Walter's World. If you've come this far, you are a completely indoctrinated follower of Vince Gilligan and his bleak, unforgiving vision of Walter White's life. Season 4 did what every single season of Breaking Bad has done before it: blow the previous season out of the water entirely. Every single episode this show breaks new boundaries, pulls rugs out from under your feet you didn't even know where there, and steadily plods its way into darkness and oblivion as Walter's moral code departs from his body. I don't know how else to describe the amazingness of this show anymore, its beyond my comprehension. Forget Mad Men, this is the greatest show on television, hands down. Expand
  50. Nov 20, 2012
    The acting is better than ever the scene at the end of Crawl Space(the tenth episode) was Cranstons best performance yet... he got robbed at the Emmys and Golden Globes
  51. Feb 10, 2013
    Masterful. Everything is in its right place, even with such complex plot. Gilligan managed to achieve so many unforgettable epic moment on the fourth season of Breaking Bad, that we may just forget what we defined as great.
    There never was such great understanding of the material by the actors on TV before. The acting here is superb, unmatched on TV or Cinema in years. The directing and
    cinematography are unique, and the writing is unpredictable and flawless. Who isn't watching Breaking Bad, is missing the masterpiece of storytelling of the decade. The Citizen Kane of television. Expand
  52. Dec 20, 2011
    this is the best show on tv. i hope it will continue to its 5 season, i was one of the charteres onanother tv which worries me. i dont understant how it can continue, the end of the forth season was so good that it will be very hard to overpass.
  53. Oct 10, 2011
    Since I have finished season 4, I finally have the proper leverage to state that it still the greatest goddamned TV show on. Captivating, spectacular, unpredictable, repsectable and altogether fascinating. I would put this up with The Wire and 1992-1995 Simpsons for the greatest TV series ever, I'm shaking
  54. Jan 10, 2014
    New story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows are worth mentioning in the same paragraph as Breaking Bad. You're in for an incredible ride. Expand
  55. Jul 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been waiting for Walt and Jesse to return for a whole year, and the first episode of season four did not disappoint. It's a pity that Gale had to be killed off, and I hope we get more flashback scenes with Gale like the one in the first episode. As a character, I think there was a lot more to explore. The one problem I find with the episode is that Gus decides to kill Victor, and not Walt and Jesse. I suppose it's because he believes that Victor may have compromised himself at the murder scene and might be tracked down by the police. And, of course, Walt makes the best meth. If I were him, I still think I would have stuck with Victor and put Walt and Jesse into the hydrochloric acid instead. Of course, then there wouldn't have been an episode two. I am especially looking forward to what is in Gale's lab notebook, and the further descent into evil of Skyler and Jesse. I'm also hoping for a miraculous recovery by Hank. His character is just too good to relegate to bedpans and bedrooms. And I'm looking for more good times with Marie, Mike and Saul. What a superb supporting cast! Expand
  56. Aug 9, 2011
    I couldn't praise Breaking Bad highly enough. The way it constantly plays with your head and keeps you on edge is purely masterful. It is my favourite show of all-time and one of the greatest, I expect, in history.
  57. Jul 25, 2011
    amazing.just amazing.if you have not watched this show yet watch it now.the writers always make you wonder whats going to happen next and the characters are very well put together witch makes for one of the best shows of all time.
  58. May 24, 2013
    Anyone that has seen fit to (wrongly) criticise this show for its slow pacing will not find anything to change their minds in this fourth season but thanks to the intensely dramatic, and darkly humorous, script and universally superb performances from the entire cast Breaking Bad continues to demonstrate why many critics consider it to be the best drama series ever to grace our screens.
  59. Oct 28, 2011
    One of the best shows ever and this season zoomed by too quickly and thats only because it's too good. The ending is amazing and just for that I consider this to be the actual conclusion. Though I will watch season 5, I can't see how it will get better.
  60. Aug 31, 2012
    You'd be hard pressed to find a better season of television anywhere. Love or hate Walt, he is officially one of the most interesting character on TV (sorry Don Draper).
  61. Aug 2, 2011
    The best thing I like about the show is the directing and cinematography.though its also the characters and the way there is not to many or to little, and there all so varied too keep them all interesting. Although I hate Walt's In-laws and the pain of having to go through those scenes, in kind off balances out the stories that are unfolding, both telling the underground underbelly of criminal activity and the above board shirt and tie of it all, though I can't help feeling with hank's bed bound activities are holding the pace of the show. Lets just hope that they get kill of in a home invasion of something. Great show...i wont miss a minute of it at all!!! Expand
  62. Oct 11, 2011
    Easily one of the best shows i've ever seen on television. I am a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy, but Breaking Bad blows it away. Every episode makes you wonder "how can this end well?!". Character development has been steady and meaningful for all of the characters involved. I found myself torn several times of whether I wanted to side with the "good" or "bad" guys (which is often blurred anyway). I always said no show would surpass the Sopranos as my all time favorite, but right now Breaking Bad seems to be doing just that. Expand
  63. May 17, 2012
    This show is sheer perfection. I dare you to find anything on tv that even comes close to it. Dark, violent, thought-provoking, shocking, and jaw-dropping. This is what television should be.
  64. Jul 14, 2012
    On paper this may sound like a dull season. NOPE. If you have the patience for it, if you like characters and narrative arcs, and story, and drama.... you're going to LOVE this. Best acted, and probably best written show on television.
  65. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  66. Aug 15, 2011
    This is one of the best series I have ever seen.
    I particulary like a lot of Game of Thrones and House MD, but this one is different, there is thriller, action and a good screenplay. I still liking more of the series I told before but this certeinly got my attencion.
    The actors are realy good, particulary Aaron Paul and Rj Mitte.
    The only thing I think is faulting is more action. There is
    a lot, but everyone loves a shooting and car runnig.
    A good serie for how is looking for it, not to anyone.
  67. Oct 24, 2011
    Best Series till date for me.Everything Is just perfect in this series.Awesome Story.Awesome Direction.Awesome acting.Waiting for season6.Bring It on season 6 quickly
  68. Dec 17, 2011
    Amazing season! I really don't know how it has 19 or 20 negative reviews. If you like action, thrill, suspense, comedy or if you just like things then you'd love Breaking Bad. also best season finale ever on television.
  69. Nov 3, 2011
    Bryan Cranston does it again, season 4 of breaking bad is even more suspenseful and intriguing than the previous seasons, this is the best show on television this year, keep it up AMC! 10/10
  70. Sep 28, 2011
    Gripping story oozing with tension. Great acting, great writing, great direction. The Wire and BSG set the gold standard of modern television (I'd give the edge to The Wire simply because it prefer crime tales), so far this is the only show since either of them to even approach that standard.
  71. DND
    Oct 16, 2011
    This is what we were waiting for a long time. The tension which has been taken with the previous seasons had come to its logical end. Epic final with no P.S. You will have to accept the supremacy of Walter's mind.
  72. Oct 15, 2011
    Breaking bad is without a doubt the best series on television. Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Season 3 was perfection. Season 4?... somehow even better. There is so much tension in season 4 that it sometimes makes you cringe.... but it is more than worth it.
  73. Jul 11, 2012
    Quite honestly I didn't think a show a could get this good. Sometimes heavy-hitters hit a plateau, a period of mediocrity.....This is not the case with the 4th season. It breaks the epic on the edge of your seat feeling left over from season 3, and takes it even further. No wonder Stephen King called it the best show on TV.
  74. Oct 26, 2011
    Fantastic in every aspect, Breaking Bad delivers its strongest season so far (and that is saying something!). This show is and remains a treat, not only for fans of high-quality drama, but also artistically.
  75. Oct 28, 2011
    **** Australia vs New Zealand Live Streaming Online Four Nations RUGBY Internet TV LinkWatch LIVE Australia vs New Zealand Online stream Four Nations RUGBY â
  76. Nov 2, 2011
    A brilliant t.v. drama with amazing acting and plot development. Feels like a classic shakespearean tragedy with many references to Scarface and the Godfather.
  77. Jan 13, 2013
    This is the best thing I have ever seen on a screen. I cannot, can NOT, overstate how excellent this show is. Everything is flawless--cinematography, story, music, acting. Oh, sweet heaven, the acting. These actors are going to have long, miserable lives in front of them after this show ends when they realize they've transcended the meaning of human theater. I'd give it an eleven for partnering with Netflix to be on Instant Streaming, but that's more of an AMC thing. Expand
  78. Nov 16, 2011
    At first i thought this was my least favorite season, but then all the sudden i was like "What the heck just happened?" and it cought me sleeping on it. I was so anxious all week before the next episode would drop it was like i was a school girl (even though i am male?) anyways after the finale if this isnt one of your fav shows then i feel bad for you.

WOW.

Best season probably even
    though i enjoyed them all. Expand
  79. Jan 7, 2012
    Acting - amazing. Writing - amazing. Directing - amazing. From the very instant the season started, I was sucked in and never once did it let me go. The only bad thing about the show is that it's only an hour. Best. Show. EVER.
  80. Dec 20, 2011
    How is this the lowest rated season when its easily the best. The show starts perfectly and ends perfectly, Showing once again why Walter is one that you should never mess with. The show ,imo, has finally reached it's peak and solidifies itself as the best show on tv. Cranston is untouchable ,as always, and Giancarlo Eposito (Gus) gives an amazing spine chilling performance as well.
  81. Mar 24, 2012
    This has got to best show on televisio since The Wire, hell its even better. Period. The writing, the acting, the plot is so good that it's hard to believe any human could think of it.
  82. Dec 25, 2011
    Why is is that cable networks can do it a lot better than the commercial networks ? Over hyped rehashed tripe such as Falling Skies, Terra Nova have nothing compared to shows like these. Brilliant season, that always had you wondering where it would lead, amazing ending.
  83. Jan 10, 2012
    The best season so far for me, dark, surprising, also showing all the background story. The evolution of the characters is amazing and the season finale... it's just breathtaking.
  84. Mar 1, 2012
    So I was an idiot and didnt watch the show when it first came out and i saw ads for the series for a while and i saw the ad for the season 4 finale, and i decided the first episode. My next weeks was full of Breaking Bad and quickly watched the season finale. Speechless. This show is incredible. this season in particular i really enjoyed, since the show is these guys wanting to cook meth and get bigger, this season they were kinda straying away from the cooking and instead wanting out and their frighted for their lives all season. My favorite season. Expand
  85. Jan 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad Season 4 was near perfect on all levels. The story is incredibly interesting and keeps twisting and turning until the very last scene. The writing is at a very high level, the acting is off the charts as is the directing. This is the perfect lead into the final season of one of the (if not the) greatest TV drama ever!
  86. Jan 14, 2012
    One of the best TV shows of the past 10 years! Well written, directed and the acting is phenomenal. I do not understand the people that say the acing or writing is bad to mediocre. Also, yeah the plot is complex. That isn't a bad thing, maybe if you don't understand it, it is because you are not that intelligent.
  87. Jan 19, 2012
    Another great season of Breaking Bad, though the first season where I saw any real flaws. In the first three seasons, Breaking Bad felt more like a movie or mini-series - like something which would be just long enough for the story to be as beautiful as possible. In this season, I felt like it had finally become a 'tv show.' Some of the subplots frankly seemed superfluous (though I personally liked most of the Skyler stuff - and we shouldn't forget that some of what seemed unnecessary at first glance, turned out to be important later on, e.g. for that great moment at the end of "Crawl Space"). As a whole, I didn't think this season came together as well as any of the other ones, and I also think it had some of the series worst episodes (especially episode 2 "Thirty Eight Snub"). Then again, it was also home to some of the series best acting (to say that Giancarlo Esposito deserves an emmy for his role this year is not enough). Gus was finally developed into a multi-dimensional character to a degree I thought impossible, and Walt, Skyler, and even Walter Jr. were also given some new dimensions. The season did start off slow, but it had to. Breaking Bad doesn't forget its past - nothing can just disappear, unless something else can logically take its place and make its characters (and us) forget it (I think of Grey Matter here, but there are other examples). After season 3, breaking bad couldn't just start afresh, and it realistically needed to take time to move on. But patience paid off. Along with episode 1, the last five episodes, together and by themselves, were some of the greatest moments in Breaking Bad history, and I personally think that the pivotal moment in "Salud" was one of the best scences even in TV history. On that vein, I think it is helpful to think of Breaking Bad as more of a mini-series than a TV show. Its individual episodes aren't necessarily supposed to be rated alone. Sleepier episodes pave the ground for some truly amazing cinematic moments, without fail. Expand
  88. Jan 22, 2012
    This particular season was the best season of any show I have ever seen. The acting is phenomenal. The story is heart pounding. If you have never seen this show, the first three seasons are on Netflix. I'm sure they will put the fourth season on there by summer or it may be on demand. Trust me, it is worth catching up even though there is only sixteen episodes left of the series.
  89. Feb 2, 2012
    The best show on TV for a reason. The acting is great, The plot has been perfect this season, and the show ended the season on a high note that leaves me shaking with anticipation for the next (and final) season.
  90. CDQ
    Jun 28, 2012
    Season 4 of Breaking Bad is absolute perfection, from start to finish. This show is just on another level to everything else on TV. Seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad were all incredible, but to me, Season 4 solidified Breaking Bad's place as one of the greatest shows in television history. The writing and the acting on this show are just spectacular. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul once again deliver amazing performances, and Giancarlo Esposito is chilling as one of the best TV villains of all time. Recommended to absolutely everyone. Expand
  91. May 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is a phenomenal show. It is the only show that I know of that gets better and better each season. Every single episode is at a minimum of above average quality, especially this season. Thus, it claims my number one spot along with The Wire. Whereas The Wire claims this spot because of its excellent writing, realism (excluding season 5) and depth, Breaking Bad claims this spot because of its raw emotional intensity, excellent characters and the development of these characters, and pure badass-ness. I compare these two shows because both of these have been regarded as the best shows of all time by many. Expand
  92. Jul 19, 2013
    The tension of this season is so amazing. Every episode is so gripping, that I must admidt, that I watched this season on one day. The final of the season is the highlight (last 3 episodes).
  93. Jul 16, 2012
    hahaha......"not really edge of your seat dramatic"......i guess some people have absolutely no taste in tv...anyone who has ever watched tv knows this show is masterful and the most tense show ever put on tv....if you dont think this is tense then what is???? gimme a break RonSwansonlsBos.
  94. Jul 16, 2012
    Could be the best season yet. Acting is top notch, the locations are beautiful, the directing and cinematography is the best I've ever seen.Highly recommend this show
  95. Jul 22, 2012
    Possibly the greatest single television season of all time. From the unbelievable events of episode one all the way through the season, this is an edge of the seat, unbelievably amazing television show.
  96. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably the best season of television I have ever seen!! It may even beat all movies I've seen too. Walt keeps getting further and further out there. The old man's face is priceless in the final scene between him and Gus. Bing, Bing Bing!! Love It! Expand
  97. Nov 4, 2012
    Sensational season for the best show in the history of dramas. The producer/director Vince Gilligan always keeps realism in mind and mixes it with beautiful visuals. Vince is simply as good as one can get. All I have to say is "don't mess with him, ****
  98. Dec 18, 2012
    This has got to be the best dramatic show ever produced on television. I simply cannot remember anything that even comes close to the extend and the sheer intensity of the feelings and emotions that I felt throughout the entire season. If i could make any critique at all is that I would just like the final minutes of the finale to be just a bit more dramatic (in an otherwise spectacular final episode). Bottom line: Breaking Bad is the epitome of drama, a perfection that leaves you speechless in each episode. Expand
  99. Jan 24, 2013
    Breaking Bad finally proved with Season 4 as possibly the greatest show of all time. It mixes elements of The Wire, The Sopranos, and many other great shows into one epic masterpiece in storytelling. Each season just becomes better and more important, and Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul still prove to be the best actors working in television. This meth lab epic will only get better, and the finale proves this to all. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.