• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.5

1. Dec 16, 2014
    Wonderfully acted, written and filmed. Season 4 is the most consistent yet. The season manages to maintain tension and unpredictability with ease. The introduction of Gus' history with the cartel furthers our understanding of a truly remarkable villain. The characters thankfully remain some of the best on TV. As does the cinematography. The story concludes nicely also, leaving the finalWonderfully acted, written and filmed. Season 4 is the most consistent yet. The season manages to maintain tension and unpredictability with ease. The introduction of Gus' history with the cartel furthers our understanding of a truly remarkable villain. The characters thankfully remain some of the best on TV. As does the cinematography. The story concludes nicely also, leaving the final season to do it's bidding in attempting to tie up the story in unforgettable fashion. Season 3, and 4 in particular, have raised Breaking Bad up a level, to become a show that can easily create tension whilst remaining productive in terms of plot progression. If Vince Gilligan can go all in and produce an even better final season, who knows where Breaking Bad's ambitions will end. Expand
  2. Dec 14, 2014
    The last seasons feel of what they wanted the show to be.. kind of ended here. about 7/13 episodes really felt like they were repeats from the previous season... maybe even more episodes.. I feel like it was pretty good, not as a good as you know.. the previous 3 seasons but still satisfying television.. skylor knowing about walt is kind of a way to shake things up.. but **** me... THE CARThe last seasons feel of what they wanted the show to be.. kind of ended here. about 7/13 episodes really felt like they were repeats from the previous season... maybe even more episodes.. I feel like it was pretty good, not as a good as you know.. the previous 3 seasons but still satisfying television.. skylor knowing about walt is kind of a way to shake things up.. but **** me... THE CAR WASH!! THE CAR WASH!! stfu please.. I liked the season.. but it wasn't as good as the previous 3... the ending was satisfying and I believe the final season will hold something tremendous in store for everyone who loves the show. Expand
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    The tension starts off slow with an overhead feeling of danger throughout. It all leads to an exciting conclusion when all that built up tension start to be released. Unforgettable moments, satisfying side-plots, unpredictable humor, and the aways excellent writing send this season over the top. It can be slow at times, but there's always something happening. Another excellent season.
  4. Sep 30, 2014
    Сезон, заставивший большинство фанатов кричать от восторга. И я их понимаю! Просмотрев последнюю серию и получив целую кучу эмоций, я готов ходить по улице с футболкой: "Walter White - number one!"
  5. Sep 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad's 4th season breaks the flow and evolving of its story, how each happening is selected for the story flow and how is shown its consequences is bad, the firsts episodes aren't really in the Breaking Bad standard, but what keeps that season a good is the last episodes, which keeps you in the edge of your sit from the begining to end of each episode, keeping the 4th season in aBreaking Bad's 4th season breaks the flow and evolving of its story, how each happening is selected for the story flow and how is shown its consequences is bad, the firsts episodes aren't really in the Breaking Bad standard, but what keeps that season a good is the last episodes, which keeps you in the edge of your sit from the begining to end of each episode, keeping the 4th season in a 8/10 level. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    Amazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more thanAmazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more than enough to provide for some nail-biting binge-watching. Expand
  7. Aug 10, 2014
    This TV series is the best ever and, in my opinion, the show should have finished with this season. Despite that, I really enjoyed the 5th season, too.
  8. Jul 10, 2014
    Bastante parecida a la tercera pero mucho mas intensa. ¿Porque es genial la cuarta temporada? Por los últimos episodios. Es como un tour que va creciendo en intensidad. Nunca olvidaré el último capítulo de esta. Que grande.
  9. Jun 24, 2014
    This season was mind blowing as the show has got even better. The ending was a shocker and so much stuff happens in the second best season of the show.
  10. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Jun 8, 2014
    This season of breaking bad well keep you on the end of your seat! Suspenseful and very entertaining this season of breaking bad is when Wolter white knows he's the man! This season is full of surprises, and as usual perfectly done from the production to the acting. When writing a review on breaking bad u can't give anything away just watch it for yourself :)
  12. May 8, 2014
    A very good SonyPicture show ;D. 10/10. Season 4 is the best Breaking Bad season imho. The Battle between walter white and the "Lord" are just amazing! The visual is excellent, the acting is phenomenon and the story are just beyond outstanding!
    this is the third TV that I give a Perfect score!
    11/10!
  13. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cuatro fue espectacular, una temporada llena de tension, esos momentos de conflicto entre Wallter y Gus, el caracter raro de Jesse, y hasta un final de temporada de infarto. Una bomba de tiempo es esta temporada.
  14. Feb 8, 2014
    The Show should rather be called "bad decisions" than "breaking bad"!

Don't get me wrong. I like the acting, how well it's made and the general ideas are great but man, this constant irrational behaviour and the ongoing stupid decisions that don't make any sense in any least bit of sane mind are making mad! Sauls Secretary said it very well at the end of season four as she yells at
    The Show should rather be called "bad decisions" than "breaking bad"!

Sauls Secretary said it very well at the end of season four as she yells at the again whiny and panicky acting Walt that doesn't listen and is mumbling his explanations that don't make sense. She then said: "Oh, you and your partner are in danger after doing something idiotic? Whoop-dee-freaking-doo! How is that news exactly? Why do you think Saul isn't here?"
    Man was I glad that somebody told these guys this already!

And what was that stupid move of Walt in mid season? When he told Hank to look closer and search for the guy behind all this AFTER he settled for dead genius!!
    And don't argue with he was drunk or something. Someone who can articulate himself like Walt in this scene isn't nearly drunk enough to miss how stupid that is! It's not bold, it's not tough or badass - it's plain and simple stupid! What else could he have asked for? Nobody was looking for them anymore! the evidence wasn't even at the DEA. It would just have disappeard in some drawer forever.
    Things like that pi...ed me off.

And then, Walt in the desert. He said it himself! If Gus would have liked to kill him, he would have done it right then and there but he lives because of Jessie. Of course he threatens his family but only if he is stupid enough to talk - which he does immidiatley after! Without a real plan and with contacting the DEA before he is far far away! W T F? He pissed of Gus so many times. People had to clean up his mess and stupid actions to protect him several times. All because he thinks he is untouchable. And then he is surprised that his family is threatened by a major druglord who cut the throat of some guy right in front of him? He was lucky to be alive and he should have taken this gift - I think it was a honest "offer" by Gus to get out of the "contract".

BUT at least this season was better than the last. Especially Gus taking out the carthel and the finale. Which was a bit silly but still made more sense than the rest. And the scene on the roof at the end? That's the relationship between Walt and Jessie I have been missing the last two seasons. How could these guys be so pissed about each other and never getting closer? It just didn't make sense to me, sorry.

I only continue to watch because the fith season is so praised and hyped. But I honestly have my doubts now. Because I heard things like "Best Show ever!" and I just don't see it.
  15. Jan 10, 2014
    New story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows areNew story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows are worth mentioning in the same paragraph as Breaking Bad. You're in for an incredible ride. Expand
  16. Jan 4, 2014
    Intelligent writing; incredible acting as usual with Cranston, Gunn, Paul and the rest of the cast, but also a very brilliant and not previously studied Gustavo Fring portrayed by a magnificent Giancarlo Esposito. The slow pace and style remains spectacular, specially in the final episode.
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    This fourth series marks the real change into Walt's world. Now he is turning into an egocentric megalomaniac who alienates everybody around him. The relation developing between Mike and Jesse is also interesting. Mike is a crook, but he can keep his cool, while Walt seems always under pressure and ready to explode. Skylar has a good idea and after some nerve-wracking tension one couldThis fourth series marks the real change into Walt's world. Now he is turning into an egocentric megalomaniac who alienates everybody around him. The relation developing between Mike and Jesse is also interesting. Mike is a crook, but he can keep his cool, while Walt seems always under pressure and ready to explode. Skylar has a good idea and after some nerve-wracking tension one could almost hope that a return to normalcy is in sight for Walt.... Expand
  18. Dec 20, 2013
    Amazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more thanAmazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more than enough to provide for some nail-biting binge watching. Expand
  19. Dec 7, 2013
    Greatest t.v. show ever. A mix between amazing actors, beautiful cinematics, and an amazing writer, this show is hands down the best....no exceptions.
  20. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The more I watch of this show the more disgusted I am that it's so popular. The premiere of season 4 is my least favorite episode of Breaking Bad to date. Throughout the episode, people do things that don't make sense in order to push the plot in interesting directions. In fact, the whole first half of season 4 just made me angry. People kept acting out of character. The famous line, "I am the one who knocks," is from season 4, and it is not an example of Walt being a badass. It is Walt being scared and petty and human. I think I would like the show more if it seemed to acknowledge more that Walt is this way. The late-middle episodes of the fourth season do a good job of this. But then the finale ruins it by portraying him as a genius mastermind. Let me just get this out there: Walt's plan sucked. Gus was smart enough to know not to walk back to his car at the hospital. So why did he fall for Walt's last plan? Because the season was ending, and the writers wanted Gus to die. Then there are the gaping questions that run rampant throughout other seasons, but are especially evident in season 4. How has Hank not figured out that Walt is the blue meth guy? Why doesn't Gus film the meth manufacturing secretly and then kill Walt and Jesse after he figures out the process? If season 5 isn't as good as people say, I have wasted a lot of time on this show. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2013
    this series gets fire after this great season,it had a disturbing scene on the last episode,it was a mind-blowing season,after this season breaking bad had become the best series in my opinion.
  22. Nov 15, 2013
    It's even better this season. How does it do that?! So many suspenseful moments with lots of tension that builds every episode. The twists were also well planned out. Almost done with the show! So amazing!
  23. Nov 12, 2013
    Foi a melhor temporada de uma série que eu já na minha vida, simplesmente perfeita. Vale muito a pena aguentar a "lentidão" da série no início pra depois ver essa temporada simplesmente genial.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Breaking Bad uma obra completa, um pensado com muita antecedência e se desdobrando em seu próprio tempo. Este um dos achados mais raros na televisão: um show onde elenco e caráter são tão perfeitamente acompanhado por um criador que entende exatamente o caminho que ele quer levar sua audiência diante.
  25. Oct 28, 2013
    Gus Fring! The only guy that has to mess with Walter! Uuuuuggghhh! Season 4 is one of the most suspenseful seasons ever! BREAKING BAD HAS RETURNED AGAIN AMIGOS! Suspense is way tense than other seasons and Walter is mad as ever in his undies! This is the most brutal season AMC has had and allowed for this awesome show. It's addictive- acting is brilliant and writing is out of this WORLD.Gus Fring! The only guy that has to mess with Walter! Uuuuuggghhh! Season 4 is one of the most suspenseful seasons ever! BREAKING BAD HAS RETURNED AGAIN AMIGOS! Suspense is way tense than other seasons and Walter is mad as ever in his undies! This is the most brutal season AMC has had and allowed for this awesome show. It's addictive- acting is brilliant and writing is out of this WORLD. Must watch bros!!! Breaking Bad is STILL the best show ever made. Expand
  26. Oct 28, 2013
    My favorite season of the lot. Bryan Cranston is impeccable once again. Gus Fring has to be one of the best written characters of all time. Throughout the season their battle intensifies until the explosive climax which left me cheering for more. It doesn't have as many occurrences of breaking bad dark humor compared to the previous seasons but examples of it are definitely present, makingMy favorite season of the lot. Bryan Cranston is impeccable once again. Gus Fring has to be one of the best written characters of all time. Throughout the season their battle intensifies until the explosive climax which left me cheering for more. It doesn't have as many occurrences of breaking bad dark humor compared to the previous seasons but examples of it are definitely present, making this season the perfect balance of gripping story telling, action and humor. Vince Gilligan and Co. strike gold for the 4th time running. Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    Worst season of breaking bad... they should have only made 3 seasons as planned. With 3 seasons it would have been an awesome show which really earns 99/100 score. Overall the show is good whereby season 4 is the worst.
  28. Oct 9, 2013
    I cannot fathom how excellent season four was. I re-watched it again this year (2013) and the twists and the momentum of it all is fascinating. A true masterpiece of television.
  29. Oct 6, 2013
    best season,,,, Gus Fring....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!amazing character!I really enjoyed Giancarlo Espositos' portrayal of this fascinating character.all the actors and characters on this show are incredible,but Gustavo Fring really stood out to me,especially in this season

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.