• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.5

1. May 24, 2013
    Anyone that has seen fit to (wrongly) criticise this show for its slow pacing will not find anything to change their minds in this fourth season but thanks to the intensely dramatic, and darkly humorous, script and universally superb performances from the entire cast Breaking Bad continues to demonstrate why many critics consider it to be the best drama series ever to grace our screens.
  2. Feb 2, 2012
    The best show on TV for a reason. The acting is great, The plot has been perfect this season, and the show ended the season on a high note that leaves me shaking with anticipation for the next (and final) season.
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    The tension starts off slow with an overhead feeling of danger throughout. It all leads to an exciting conclusion when all that built up tension start to be released. Unforgettable moments, satisfying side-plots, unpredictable humor, and the aways excellent writing send this season over the top. It can be slow at times, but there's always something happening. Another excellent season.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    This season was mind blowing as the show has got even better. The ending was a shocker and so much stuff happens in the second best season of the show.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    I cannot fathom how excellent season four was. I re-watched it again this year (2013) and the twists and the momentum of it all is fascinating. A true masterpiece of television.
  7. Jan 10, 2014
    New story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows areNew story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows are worth mentioning in the same paragraph as Breaking Bad. You're in for an incredible ride. Expand
  8. Jul 10, 2014
    Bastante parecida a la tercera pero mucho mas intensa. ¿Porque es genial la cuarta temporada? Por los últimos episodios. Es como un tour que va creciendo en intensidad. Nunca olvidaré el último capítulo de esta. Que grande.
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    I shall never underestimate this show again. I gave up this season after two episodes because they were inferior to the season 3 premiere. I felt that the show had no direction anymore, and assumed they were exploiting the success of the previous seasons and biding their time. I came back only after watching several other shows. Things gradually get interesting, and then some more, until II shall never underestimate this show again. I gave up this season after two episodes because they were inferior to the season 3 premiere. I felt that the show had no direction anymore, and assumed they were exploiting the success of the previous seasons and biding their time. I came back only after watching several other shows. Things gradually get interesting, and then some more, until I was glad I had resumed watching the show. I think Breaking Bad is a classic, and everyone should see it. Expand
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    this series gets fire after this great season,it had a disturbing scene on the last episode,it was a mind-blowing season,after this season breaking bad had become the best series in my opinion.
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    The acting is better than ever the scene at the end of Crawl Space(the tenth episode) was Cranstons best performance yet... he got robbed at the Emmys and Golden Globes
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Eh, this season isn't as good as the ones before it. The show is still good and all, but it's starting to take more and more implausible turns that begin to ruin the show. The acting and writing is still great, but the more of a jerk Walter becomes, the harder it becomes to watch.
  13. Mar 30, 2015
    Amazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more thanAmazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more than enough to provide for some nail-biting binge-watching. Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2014
  15. Dec 14, 2014
    The last seasons feel of what they wanted the show to be.. kind of ended here. about 7/13 episodes really felt like they were repeats from the previous season... maybe even more episodes.. I feel like it was pretty good, not as a good as you know.. the previous 3 seasons but still satisfying television.. skylor knowing about walt is kind of a way to shake things up.. but **** me... THE CARThe last seasons feel of what they wanted the show to be.. kind of ended here. about 7/13 episodes really felt like they were repeats from the previous season... maybe even more episodes.. I feel like it was pretty good, not as a good as you know.. the previous 3 seasons but still satisfying television.. skylor knowing about walt is kind of a way to shake things up.. but **** me... THE CAR WASH!! THE CAR WASH!! stfu please.. I liked the season.. but it wasn't as good as the previous 3... the ending was satisfying and I believe the final season will hold something tremendous in store for everyone who loves the show. Expand
  16. Oct 10, 2011
    Since I have finished season 4, I finally have the proper leverage to state that it still the greatest goddamned TV show on. Captivating, spectacular, unpredictable, repsectable and altogether fascinating. I would put this up with The Wire and 1992-1995 Simpsons for the greatest TV series ever, I'm shaking
  17. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cuatro fue espectacular, una temporada llena de tension, esos momentos de conflicto entre Wallter y Gus, el caracter raro de Jesse, y hasta un final de temporada de infarto. Una bomba de tiempo es esta temporada.
  18. Jan 3, 2014
    This fourth series marks the real change into Walt's world. Now he is turning into an egocentric megalomaniac who alienates everybody around him. The relation developing between Mike and Jesse is also interesting. Mike is a crook, but he can keep his cool, while Walt seems always under pressure and ready to explode. Skylar has a good idea and after some nerve-wracking tension one couldThis fourth series marks the real change into Walt's world. Now he is turning into an egocentric megalomaniac who alienates everybody around him. The relation developing between Mike and Jesse is also interesting. Mike is a crook, but he can keep his cool, while Walt seems always under pressure and ready to explode. Skylar has a good idea and after some nerve-wracking tension one could almost hope that a return to normalcy is in sight for Walt.... Expand
  19. Dec 20, 2013
    Amazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more thanAmazing. Breaking Bad is simply amazing. Not a frame, second, or line wasted. Not one weak episode or performance. Everything here in season four is solid. Giancarlo Esposito's performance is the only one to triumph over Bryan Cranston's brilliant portrayal of Walter White. The final four episodes of this season are so intense, well-crafted, and brilliantly written that it's more than enough to provide for some nail-biting binge watching. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    It's even better this season. How does it do that?! So many suspenseful moments with lots of tension that builds every episode. The twists were also well planned out. Almost done with the show! So amazing!
  21. Dec 16, 2014
    Wonderfully acted, written and filmed. Season 4 is the most consistent yet. The season manages to maintain tension and unpredictability with ease. The introduction of Gus' history with the cartel furthers our understanding of a truly remarkable villain. The characters thankfully remain some of the best on TV. As does the cinematography. The story concludes nicely also, leaving the finalWonderfully acted, written and filmed. Season 4 is the most consistent yet. The season manages to maintain tension and unpredictability with ease. The introduction of Gus' history with the cartel furthers our understanding of a truly remarkable villain. The characters thankfully remain some of the best on TV. As does the cinematography. The story concludes nicely also, leaving the final season to do it's bidding in attempting to tie up the story in unforgettable fashion. Season 3, and 4 in particular, have raised Breaking Bad up a level, to become a show that can easily create tension whilst remaining productive in terms of plot progression. If Vince Gilligan can go all in and produce an even better final season, who knows where Breaking Bad's ambitions will end. Expand
  22. Jul 21, 2011
    A compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinaryA compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinary but realistic all the same. An exceptional and convincing show. Expand
  23. Sep 30, 2014
    Сезон, заставивший большинство фанатов кричать от восторга. И я их понимаю! Просмотрев последнюю серию и получив целую кучу эмоций, я готов ходить по улице с футболкой: "Walter White - number one!"
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Breaking Bad uma obra completa, um pensado com muita antecedência e se desdobrando em seu próprio tempo. Este um dos achados mais raros na televisão: um show onde elenco e caráter são tão perfeitamente acompanhado por um criador que entende exatamente o caminho que ele quer levar sua audiência diante.
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    Its the best reviewed season for a reason. This season is amazing from start to finish. We watch Gus devolve from a calm buisness man to a cold hearted killer, The writing is still great, and the acting is suprisingly even better (I thought it was perfect to begin with). I love it.
  26. Oct 28, 2011
    One of the best shows ever and this season zoomed by too quickly and thats only because it's too good. The ending is amazing and just for that I consider this to be the actual conclusion. Though I will watch season 5, I can't see how it will get better.
  27. Dec 20, 2011
    How is this the lowest rated season when its easily the best. The show starts perfectly and ends perfectly, Showing once again why Walter is one that you should never mess with. The show ,imo, has finally reached it's peak and solidifies itself as the best show on tv. Cranston is untouchable ,as always, and Giancarlo Eposito (Gus) gives an amazing spine chilling performance as well.
  28. Jan 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad Season 4 was near perfect on all levels. The story is incredibly interesting and keeps twisting and turning until the very last scene. The writing is at a very high level, the acting is off the charts as is the directing. This is the perfect lead into the final season of one of the (if not the) greatest TV drama ever!
  29. Oct 1, 2011
    I tried to keep my review until the end of the season, but from what I've seen so far, the season is perfect. absolutely flawless. It's actually scary how well this TV show is made that it makes me fear for Walter and his family. Extremely powerful show with flawless writing, acting, and directing.

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.