• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.5

1. Oct 20, 2011
    This season was mind blowing. It's slow at the beginning, but which season isn't? The ending is so amazing, but somewhat predictable. But that's ok! For once, you get what you expect! Amazing season, amazing show and amazing televison.
  2. Aug 18, 2011
    tense , expertly written , brilliant cast , stunning locations , if you have not seen this , watch now , best drama EVER , the only criticism i have is that its only 60mins long
  3. Aug 25, 2011
    Best show on Tv right now. This show is really amazing and has incredible writing and brilliant actors. As the seasons progress all of the actors continue to grow and step their game up to the level of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. It's to the point now where you never see any of them acting, they are the characters they play. The writer's keep you constantly guessing too on what is goingBest show on Tv right now. This show is really amazing and has incredible writing and brilliant actors. As the seasons progress all of the actors continue to grow and step their game up to the level of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. It's to the point now where you never see any of them acting, they are the characters they play. The writer's keep you constantly guessing too on what is going to happen next, and every time I think I know what's coming up, I'm wrong. It's not only the writing and actors that make this show great though, it's everything else as well. The cinematography is exceptional and the landscape and silhouette shots are breath-taking. The music and sound effects are also very good. Subtle, yet abrasive when they need to be with very good use of the less is more theory. I also really like the fact that this year they writers and producers are delving into the world of the meth users more and how scary and unpredictable that world is. I didn't think that there was enough of that in the first 3 seasons, so I'm glad that they are showing the meth game from all points of view; the producers and dealers , the police, and the users.

Breaking Bad and The Wire are my two favorite drama's of all-time. I definitely recommend checking both of them out if you can stomach the graphic scenes and the harsh realities of the drug game.
  4. Oct 1, 2011
    I tried to keep my review until the end of the season, but from what I've seen so far, the season is perfect. absolutely flawless. It's actually scary how well this TV show is made that it makes me fear for Walter and his family. Extremely powerful show with flawless writing, acting, and directing.
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    Its back on track again. I thought the third season was beginning to lose its way but it has gotten back its edge in this season. Excellent tense scenes. Best show around.
  6. Oct 8, 2011
    This season is amazing, Breaking Bad is getting better season after season while other series go the opposite. I'm longing for the last episode of S4 !
  7. Sep 5, 2011
    Great season. Especially the premier and the 8th episode "hermanos." i have a sneaky suspicion that we are all in for a treat with the last 5 episodes.
  8. Oct 4, 2011
    The writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living aThe writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living a double life). But by season 4, it has evolved into an emotionally gripping show that looks into human morality and the consequences of our actions, sprinkled over a captivating rags to riches drug business storyline. I can never say enough about the acting. It's like a competition between the actors as they try to top each other every episode. Expand
  9. Oct 5, 2011
    Breaking Bad Season 4 gets a full 10 out of 10, but that doesn't really do it justice. This might be the best season of television ever. Not an exaggeration, it is just that good. The writers' patience and interest in pacing might be the most striking part of the whole series, and what really sets it apart. There is no need to rush from plot point to plot point, the focus instead is on theBreaking Bad Season 4 gets a full 10 out of 10, but that doesn't really do it justice. This might be the best season of television ever. Not an exaggeration, it is just that good. The writers' patience and interest in pacing might be the most striking part of the whole series, and what really sets it apart. There is no need to rush from plot point to plot point, the focus instead is on the characters' reactions to even the most mundane moments in life as they respond to the jarring things that have happened to them. This is a dark show that deals with trauma in a very measured, realistic, and believable way. Unlike a show like 24 (not hating, just an example), a character shoots somebody and then spends half of a season slowly coming to grips with they have done. Breaking Bad brings television to whole new level, which is not something that many shows can actually say. Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    I hate 'Breaking Bad'. I really do.
    Because I can't pull myself away from it. Each and every episode is strong on it's own, but when looked from the perspective of the series, it gets even better.

Definately the best series out there right now.
  11. Oct 8, 2011
    this show is just brilliant. everything is looking realistic, writers doing a helluva job and the acting is fabulous. it is probably for me gusto, the best contemporary show on the planet. it's sad tho that the show has to end after the 5th season.
  12. Oct 9, 2011
    This season for me has been absolute perfection in TV drama - one of the best series of any show I've ever seen, I would not change a thing. Every episode is well paced and leaves you on the edge of your seat. It's also still fresh and unpredictable. Very satisfying season!
  13. Jul 28, 2011
    by far the best acted, and best written television show that you will get. Even after two seasons, Breaking Bad keeps me hooked episode to episode.
  14. Jul 22, 2011
    What an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse andWhat an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse and Walt have changed soooo much throughout this show. Best show on television! Expand
  15. Jul 21, 2011
    A compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinaryA compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinary but realistic all the same. An exceptional and convincing show. Expand
  16. Oct 23, 2011
    The best word for this season is: Intense. Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, and Gus Fring are the focus of this season and each one keeps every scene adrenaline packed. The writers foreshadow the season's development, but even if you anticipate the "what," you'll be surprised by the "how."
  17. Sep 4, 2011
  18. Jul 22, 2011
    One of the only shows to give me goosebumps, damn shame the only negative vote.. a 1 of all digits, is probably a fan of American Idol. Great acting, great music score, less is more in the scene between Gus and company. I have waited over a year for this season... and it was well worth it so far.
  19. May 17, 2012
    This show is sheer perfection. I dare you to find anything on tv that even comes close to it. Dark, violent, thought-provoking, shocking, and jaw-dropping. This is what television should be.
  20. Jul 18, 2011
    best shoe ive ever seen on television. this season doesn't look to be letting up at all. the acting, story telling, suspense, and drama are as good as ever. i never thought a show would have me rooting for the main stars to cook meth
  21. Jul 25, 2011
    AMC can not go wrong when it comes to original programming and Breaking Bad is no exception. It is easily the best dramatic series on cable television. The writing is superb, the performances are top-notch, and the production quality is cinematic in nature. If you are not watching this show, set your DVR and witness for yourself what everyone else is raving about.
  22. Jul 28, 2011
    Tense, surging and edge of your seat tv. Breaking bad has definitely found it's groove and cementing itself as a premier show on tv today. Season 4 in particular has picked up the reigns in a tough situation for the characters, but the acting and the screenplay has been superb so far. Triple thumbs up (if that is possible?).
  23. Aug 1, 2011
    This series, as said by many, is unquestionably the best on television, and I doubt it will meet its match any time soon. I would go so far as to call it a masterpiece. Bryan Cranston is compelling and believable as Walther White, a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who contracts terminal lung cancer and decides to cook crystal meth in order to provide for his family in the eventThis series, as said by many, is unquestionably the best on television, and I doubt it will meet its match any time soon. I would go so far as to call it a masterpiece. Bryan Cranston is compelling and believable as Walther White, a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who contracts terminal lung cancer and decides to cook crystal meth in order to provide for his family in the event of his imminent death. Never before have I seen such convincing and outstanding acting, especially from Cranston and Paul Aaron, Walt's young partner in crime. Along with these two strong lead actors there is an ensemble of nearly as good supporting characters. This show seems so plausible, so real and is utterly mesmerizing. The drama is multi-layered and complex, with equal amounts of suspense and emotional appeal. There is no black and white in this tour de force, only shades of gray. Several times I was unsure on what was right, wrong, and necessary in this story. The choices made by the characters in Breaking Bad have serious and irreparable consequences, and every move Walt makes seems to suck him deeper and deeper into the chaos he has, albeit unintentionally, created. Vince Gilligan and the writing staff of Breaking Bad have given the Coen brothers a run for their money. Expand
  24. Aug 8, 2011
    Great actors, skillful directing, but the story line declined starting in season 3 and got worse ever since. Furthermore the art is gone. Breaking Bad had great art like scenes in the first two seasons which made it the great show it is.
    The story and characters never developed much but the great art scenes, like the intros in season 2, made it a great show. Without these scenes the show is just like a soap opera about a cook.
  25. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The more I watch of this show the more disgusted I am that it's so popular. The premiere of season 4 is my least favorite episode of Breaking Bad to date. Throughout the episode, people do things that don't make sense in order to push the plot in interesting directions. In fact, the whole first half of season 4 just made me angry. People kept acting out of character. The famous line, "I am the one who knocks," is from season 4, and it is not an example of Walt being a badass. It is Walt being scared and petty and human. I think I would like the show more if it seemed to acknowledge more that Walt is this way. The late-middle episodes of the fourth season do a good job of this. But then the finale ruins it by portraying him as a genius mastermind. Let me just get this out there: Walt's plan sucked. Gus was smart enough to know not to walk back to his car at the hospital. So why did he fall for Walt's last plan? Because the season was ending, and the writers wanted Gus to die. Then there are the gaping questions that run rampant throughout other seasons, but are especially evident in season 4. How has Hank not figured out that Walt is the blue meth guy? Why doesn't Gus film the meth manufacturing secretly and then kill Walt and Jesse after he figures out the process? If season 5 isn't as good as people say, I have wasted a lot of time on this show. Expand
  26. Sep 1, 2011
    The Breaking Bad team continues to bring us a great show. Walter remains likeable but continues to move further and further to the dark side, and he is becoming more and more alienated to the people around him. One of the few shows I wait for week to week.
  27. Sep 6, 2011
    Best TV show ever. A terrific season of the drama with lots of suspense and drama that the last season had. This season of the AMC hit showcases as one of the best series on television to date.
  28. Sep 14, 2011
    Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul both have Emmys thanks to BB. Now it's time for Giancarlo Esposito and/or
    Jonathan Banks to win. I don't know how the writers of BB do it, but each season gets better than the previous one, and the storylines with Gus (Esposito) and Mike (Banks) have made this season the most nerve-wracking to date. This is the most exciting show on any channel, and that includes the premium channels.
  29. Oct 9, 2011
    This series has to be the "Seinfeld" of thriller/drama series especially going by the last episode of season 4. It makes all the movies and TV shows I've seen in the past ten years pale by comparison in entertainment value. I'm a very picky TV viewer after 45 years of honing my tastes finding meaningful programming. I have not found anything even close to as gripping, suspenseful and edgeThis series has to be the "Seinfeld" of thriller/drama series especially going by the last episode of season 4. It makes all the movies and TV shows I've seen in the past ten years pale by comparison in entertainment value. I'm a very picky TV viewer after 45 years of honing my tastes finding meaningful programming. I have not found anything even close to as gripping, suspenseful and edge of your seat story telling as this series. Better than the Sopranos. October 9th 2011 episode just blew me away. Unbelievable! Bravo for all the writers and actors, cinematography and music in this series. I commend you on your skills. It's going to take me a while to come down after seeing the last episode. I feel like I have war fatigue.

Thank you.
  30. Jul 11, 2012
    Quite honestly I didn't think a show a could get this good. Sometimes heavy-hitters hit a plateau, a period of mediocrity.....This is not the case with the 4th season. It breaks the epic on the edge of your seat feeling left over from season 3, and takes it even further. No wonder Stephen King called it the best show on TV.

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.