• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.5

1. Jul 17, 2011
    AWESOME season four opener tonite!! Looks like this season will continue the suspense, drama, and brilliance of the first 3 seasons. Gus was especially chilling in tonite's episode. Bravo!
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    this is the best show on tv. i hope it will continue to its 5 season, i was one of the charteres onanother tv which worries me. i dont understant how it can continue, the end of the forth season was so good that it will be very hard to overpass.
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    Strong as ever, Breaking Bad returns for its fourth season. The premiere once again delivered prove that you will have a hard time finding a show that has lighting, score and cinematography as beautiful as this. The writing is still meticulous and anything but shallow. And Bryan Cranston might have just won himself another Emmy. Absolutely astonishing what he can do with an expression on his face alone.

Needless to say, this looks to be another great season.
  4. Aug 8, 2011
    This show is one of the best creations in television history. But I wonder why you don't include the reviews from New York Magazine in the 'Critc Reviews' - they're very good, and you include NY Mag movie reviews in the 'Movies' section!
  5. Dec 16, 2011
    the best breaking bad season and possibly the best season of any show ever. the acting and writing are genius. the drama is so intense and acting so perfect that even a uncultured Spartacus fan could enjoy it.
  6. Oct 10, 2011
    Since I have finished season 4, I finally have the proper leverage to state that it still the greatest goddamned TV show on. Captivating, spectacular, unpredictable, repsectable and altogether fascinating. I would put this up with The Wire and 1992-1995 Simpsons for the greatest TV series ever, I'm shaking
  7. Jan 10, 2014
    New story arcs, great backstory for new villains, and a lot of white-knuckle rides await anyone jumping into Breaking Bad's 4th season. Not only does the show maintain momentum throughout each episode, but the final three episodes are nothing short of spectacular. Not only does season four one-up its predecessors, but it proves to be one of the best seasons aired on TV. Few TV shows are worth mentioning in the same paragraph as Breaking Bad. You're in for an incredible ride. Expand
  8. Aug 25, 2011
    Best show on Tv right now. This show is really amazing and has incredible writing and brilliant actors. As the seasons progress all of the actors continue to grow and step their game up to the level of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul. It's to the point now where you never see any of them acting, they are the characters they play. The writer's keep you constantly guessing too on what is going to happen next, and every time I think I know what's coming up, I'm wrong. It's not only the writing and actors that make this show great though, it's everything else as well. The cinematography is exceptional and the landscape and silhouette shots are breath-taking. The music and sound effects are also very good. Subtle, yet abrasive when they need to be with very good use of the less is more theory. I also really like the fact that this year they writers and producers are delving into the world of the meth users more and how scary and unpredictable that world is. I didn't think that there was enough of that in the first 3 seasons, so I'm glad that they are showing the meth game from all points of view; the producers and dealers , the police, and the users.

Breaking Bad and The Wire are my two favorite drama's of all-time. I definitely recommend checking both of them out if you can stomach the graphic scenes and the harsh realities of the drug game.
  9. Oct 8, 2011
    this show is just brilliant. everything is looking realistic, writers doing a helluva job and the acting is fabulous. it is probably for me gusto, the best contemporary show on the planet. it's sad tho that the show has to end after the 5th season.
  10. Nov 14, 2011
    Its the best reviewed season for a reason. This season is amazing from start to finish. We watch Gus devolve from a calm buisness man to a cold hearted killer, The writing is still great, and the acting is suprisingly even better (I thought it was perfect to begin with). I love it.
  11. Oct 1, 2011
    I tried to keep my review until the end of the season, but from what I've seen so far, the season is perfect. absolutely flawless. It's actually scary how well this TV show is made that it makes me fear for Walter and his family. Extremely powerful show with flawless writing, acting, and directing.
  12. Oct 9, 2011
    This season for me has been absolute perfection in TV drama - one of the best series of any show I've ever seen, I would not change a thing. Every episode is well paced and leaves you on the edge of your seat. It's also still fresh and unpredictable. Very satisfying season!
  13. Jul 28, 2011
    by far the best acted, and best written television show that you will get. Even after two seasons, Breaking Bad keeps me hooked episode to episode.
  14. Aug 9, 2011
    I couldn't praise Breaking Bad highly enough. The way it constantly plays with your head and keeps you on edge is purely masterful. It is my favourite show of all-time and one of the greatest, I expect, in history.
  15. Jul 25, 2011
    amazing.just amazing.if you have not watched this show yet watch it now.the writers always make you wonder whats going to happen next and the characters are very well put together witch makes for one of the best shows of all time.
  16. Jul 22, 2011
    What an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse and Walt have changed soooo much throughout this show. Best show on television! Expand
  17. Jul 21, 2011
    A compulsively watchable show that has excellent pacing and writing. Character are great, systematically growing in depth and complexity as the story progresses. All actors are in top form especially Cranston whose Walt White is a character we admire and respect even as he does morally questionable things. The rise of an ordinary man to important player in the drugs trade is extraordinary but realistic all the same. An exceptional and convincing show. Expand
  18. Sep 29, 2011
    Its back on track again. I thought the third season was beginning to lose its way but it has gotten back its edge in this season. Excellent tense scenes. Best show around.
  19. Aug 18, 2011
    tense , expertly written , brilliant cast , stunning locations , if you have not seen this , watch now , best drama EVER , the only criticism i have is that its only 60mins long
  20. Oct 23, 2011
    The best word for this season is: Intense. Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, and Gus Fring are the focus of this season and each one keeps every scene adrenaline packed. The writers foreshadow the season's development, but even if you anticipate the "what," you'll be surprised by the "how."
  21. Oct 20, 2011
    This season was mind blowing. It's slow at the beginning, but which season isn't? The ending is so amazing, but somewhat predictable. But that's ok! For once, you get what you expect! Amazing season, amazing show and amazing televison.
  22. May 24, 2013
    Anyone that has seen fit to (wrongly) criticise this show for its slow pacing will not find anything to change their minds in this fourth season but thanks to the intensely dramatic, and darkly humorous, script and universally superb performances from the entire cast Breaking Bad continues to demonstrate why many critics consider it to be the best drama series ever to grace our screens.
  23. Oct 28, 2011
    One of the best shows ever and this season zoomed by too quickly and thats only because it's too good. The ending is amazing and just for that I consider this to be the actual conclusion. Though I will watch season 5, I can't see how it will get better.
  24. Aug 31, 2012
    You'd be hard pressed to find a better season of television anywhere. Love or hate Walt, he is officially one of the most interesting character on TV (sorry Don Draper).
  25. Oct 8, 2011
    This season is amazing, Breaking Bad is getting better season after season while other series go the opposite. I'm longing for the last episode of S4 !
  26. Sep 4, 2011
    A terrific season of the drama with lots of suspense and drama that the last season had. This season of the AMC hit showcases as one of the best series on television to date.
  27. Jul 22, 2011
    One of the only shows to give me goosebumps, damn shame the only negative vote.. a 1 of all digits, is probably a fan of American Idol. Great acting, great music score, less is more in the scene between Gus and company. I have waited over a year for this season... and it was well worth it so far.
  28. Jul 18, 2011
    Marvelous show. Excellent writing. Equally great acting. The story is always hinged on reality and such intense human drama that you cannot help but remain fascinated even when things are either anti-climactic or unresolved. As are many instances of life itself. The 4th season premiere was long overdue and culminated with a brutal display of blood spilling out to illustrate the inevitable brutality of those who are outside the usual playing field. Those who believe that the universe is indifferent and that absolution is the key to survival. The only downside is that the pause between last season's closer and season 4's premiere may have subdued some of the drama that lingered on and it would be wise to see them back to back.... And Amc's ultra loud bang boom presentation of its show makes you feel as though you're about to watch the super bowl. Expand
  29. May 17, 2012
    This show is sheer perfection. I dare you to find anything on tv that even comes close to it. Dark, violent, thought-provoking, shocking, and jaw-dropping. This is what television should be.
  30. Jul 17, 2011
    Great premier, i'm very excited to see the next episode and the rest of the season. If your thinking about watching Breaking Bad don't hesitate, it's stupendous. Best show on television!!

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.