• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply the greatest thing to ever come on a TV. Hands down. An absolutely amazing achievement in entertainment. Well done Breaking Bad, you will be missed.
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    The best series of the last few years, no doubt. Excellently directed, acted, written and all that you want. I'm counting the seconds, waiting the last episodes.
  3. Apr 27, 2013
    This is one of those shows that continues to get better every season and never fails to leave you speechless. This season is by far the best of the series and one of the best in the history of all tv shows. Looking forward to August to see how it will all end.
  4. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching this season for the third time, I'm still on the edge of my seat. This season you see more Walter White than in Season 4, I feel, rather than Heisenberg. To give up cooking for good, Walter must be returning, and Heisenberg is on his way. Like every season, it's beautifully shot, choreographed, scripted, acted, edited.. It's a shame to leave the last episode on a cliffhanger, but it's something to look forward to in Season 6. (Yes, Season 6. R.J Mitte (Walter Jr.) told a Redditor to call it as it is. Season 6.) Expand
  5. Aug 13, 2013
    Best F'in show on TV! The season 4 finale was really amazing and Walt's character is evolving into a beast. The bad news is that the bar for television shows is so high, I doubt I'll enjoy anything else for a very long time. Before starting Breaking Bad Season 1, I was so fed up with the garbage on TV (cough... every show on Bravo) that I considered going to church!

"I am the one who knocks!"
  6. Jul 25, 2013
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is proves what a powerhouse drama Breaking Bad can be. S3, S4 and S5 are fantastically acted, brilliantly constructed, with pitch perfect story telling. Seeing the evolution of Walter White or Jesse Pinkman or any of the other characters from S1 to S5 is phenomenal. I can't wait for the last half of S5 to come back on.
  7. Jun 18, 2013
    One of the better tv dramas ever, and season 5 of Breaking Bad is one of the best seasons of any show. Ever. From the first season on, Breaking Bad delivers on the promise of great drama, incredible acting, and its stories and episodes are so well put together and complex to the point of being hard to believe how good the show really is. Absolutely recommended.
  8. Jul 7, 2013
    Breaking Bad, good as you know with the final 8 episodes in front of us which will (quite sadly) end probably the best TV series ever seen. I cant wait to see how this all ends and the possibilities... There are many.
  9. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't know how the user score is JUST 9.6. How it's possible??? The final season it's the best thing than ever happend to the television! Everyone need to see it!
  10. Aug 10, 2013
    Just brilliant. One of the best TV series ever made. What can i say more? Great, great, great. Addicting characters, addicting script, addicting directing... There is nothing i can say bad about this ABSOLUTELY brilliant show!

Can't wait to more days, come here fast, Heisenberg!
  11. Aug 13, 2013
    Once you start watching the Breaking Bad series, you become yet another rat attracted to this magical Pied Piper of brilliance. The final season adds much-deserving credence to why it simply is the best. The way in which the show maintains absolute consistency in quality, episode after episode, getting excitingly darker, is stunning. Bringing in the much-needed winds of change into the annals of cinematic history, Breaking Bad graced the celluloid in a way no other work has ever done, setting benchmarks that may never be matched. Expand
  12. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best drama on television. Season 5B provides incredible suspense and tension, as always. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows on television where during that glorious hour, I am glued to the TV. Skyler has become Mrs. Heisenberg, Hank has gone full cop, full badass, Jesse has caught onto Walt's However this series ends, it's going to be with a bang, and I will be there. Expand
  13. Sep 7, 2013
    all characters of Br-Ba are great and they actually act so well specially Aaron paul i think some moments and episodes his move going to be stereotype and it's normal and i'm gonna deal with it.
    Bryan Cranston Show the same problems as a married man in this situation. vince gillian created one o best tv-series in the whole world i bleave end of this season will be greatest ever.
  14. Sep 9, 2013
    When i first discover this Show i couldn't stop it. just watching episode after episode! and now we're here in the last season, so freaking awesome! best show ever!
  15. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few drama series I have followed on cable. It reminds me of the old Dallas series in the '80s, when you couldn't wait to see what would happen next week. Of course, this series is a lot darker and a much higher quality than Dallas ever was. I just hope there will be a spin-off as mentioned in the media. I need my BB fix every week!
  16. Sep 16, 2013
    Simply the best TV show in the history. Every season gets better and better, the level is always high that you must fall in love with this series. It's all PERFECT, the acting, the characters, the screenplay. Just PERFECT. You can't find anything like this, it's a masterpiece and a must-watch.
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    Sorprendente, ingeniosa, muy bien estructurada, interpretaciónes magistrales, genial en una palabra.

Además hay que felicitar a los guionistas que a pesar del éxito mundial de "Breaking Bad" no se han extendido en más temporadas,, que a veces lo único que consiguen es echar por tierra las anteriores.

Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...?
    sin duda Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2013
    The best TV show ever. Awesome acting performances, remarkable plot, wonderful and complex characters. Breaking Bad is TV at it's best. I just can't wait to see the final episodes!
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    You can't get any better than what this show has done. It has been great from episode 1. Unlike some shows, Breaking Bad isn't sticking around for a crazy amount of seasons, but just enough to make a huge impact and still stay consistently great. When this show ends, it will go down in history as a masterpiece of television.
  20. Sep 24, 2013
    The perfect blend of Action, Comedy, Suspense and the most beautiful progression of a plot I may have ever seen Makes this season finale the most anticipated finale for me this year.
  21. Sep 25, 2013
    Excellent series, from beginning to end. I have seen many series such as The Sopranos, The Wire, The House of Cards, Lost, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and several others I can not remember, but I must say Breakin Bad has been the best series I've seen so far, beating the rest I just mentioned and many other more.
  22. Oct 4, 2013
    Best show ever, there is nothing bad to say. Incomparable to anything I've seen. The character development, the storylines, the settings, the camera angles, everything is top notch. Cannot recommend this show any more. WATCH IT NOW!
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    I really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out of place and it threw the whole season and the whole show off since Gus had taken over the show along with Skylar. Then everything that Mike did after that was complete they made him out to be a really intelligent hitman that would never let anyone get the best of him unless they truly were better than him, and he was about to leave town just as his character would realistically do but then Walt spouts some that Mike would never have bought but he does and somehow he ends up helping the guy that just destroyed his entire life. it made no sense. I miss the early seasons when Walt and Jesse were actually out there up on their own before Walt became Gus' and the show started focusing more on Skylar's than Walt I felt like Walt became a side character because everything kept coming back to her either something up or having to be the final decision for some stupid reason. If they had killed her off when they needed to I might have been able to bear the other uninteresting but not quite as annoying as her characters Last season jumped the shark up until that I would consider it great show not amazing, certainly not the best show ever seeing as they wrote themselves into a corner and that's why it didn't last this show should not have ended at 5 seasons. Finally I wanna bring one more thing up about the last season there were several episodes in which characters' (mainly Walt) dialogue directly points out the shows own absurdities and makes you question how stupid the entire series is, I know it's a ridiculous thing to take seriously but for a show that prides itself on originality and it's sense of realism don't have your main character openly point out how stupid he was to think that he could somehow give his family millions of dollars of drug money without it getting seized and admit that everything hes done since the start of the show was incredibly stupid. that is exactly what audiences deliberately overlook for the sake of enjoying the story without nitpicking; but when you nitpick your own show right in front of us how am i supposed to respect that. Expand
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad, or as I like to call it, "The Tragedy of Walter White" is definitely one of the best TV dramas of all time. The writing, the acting and also the cinematography of the show is unlike any other. This last season has been extremely moving and an emotional experience for me and I believe that it couldn't have ended any better than it did.

If you didn't see the reference from
    my nickname of the show, I believe that this series is the modern equivalent of Shakespeare and it has parallels with many of his works, particularly Macbeth. Ever wondered why they split season 5 into 2 parts? Or why Breaking Bad only has 5 seasons? It's to comply with the structure of a Shakespearean tragedy- all of them have 5 acts.

This TV series has to be seen for itself to be fully comprehended and appreciated. Do yourself a favour and watch this show- a showcase of all the things which make a TV show or a movie great. And season 5 is undoubtedly the series' conclusion that it deserves.
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    Breaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects in Breaking Bad. You owe it to yourself to watch atleast the first 3 episodes, after that you will want to know Walter White's full story Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    Although it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for making everything feel so engaging and emotional. Expand
  27. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  28. Oct 10, 2013
    there won't be a show this great for a long time, sublime acting and story telling... this really is a masterpiece. i have not enjoyed a show like this since band of brothers and the wire and now it has firmly taken its spot as the best of tv shows, give this a chance, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
  29. Oct 3, 2013
    Tense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher's descent into villainy as the ruthless,arrogant, and twisted Heisenberg. Bryan Cranston deserves all the credit for this and the genius of Vince Gilligan. The supporting cast is outstanding too making Breaking Bad easily one of the greatest TV experiences currently available. Expand
  30. Sep 3, 2012
    The first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see an entirely different Walt, (Heisenberg has kind of taken over now). What I think is so good about this season is that it`s so different, they`re bringing new characters, new environments, new working spots, but most important is that we get to see the business/dealing from a new point of view. Mike, Jesse and Walt is now the kings of the market (at least for a while). I`d never thought they were able to keep season 5 as epic as the 4-5 last episodes of season 4, but they definitely did! Also ending this first half with a (sort of) cliffhanger -------- My rating for these 8 episodes is gonna be 9/10, with my favorite episodes being 1 & 8. Really excited to see the rest off season 5. Peace Expand
  31. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  32. Aug 17, 2012
    Let me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosen better, and the suspense is intense. If you're already a fan of the previous seasons, this season will not disappoint. Expand
  33. Aug 22, 2012
    After four seasons, Breaking Bad continues the gripping story, unique direction all brought to life with flawless acting. How does the fifth season remain as good as the first? I have no idea --- but the luster remains. Easily one of the best dramas on television and worthy of your time.
  34. Sep 13, 2012
    IV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was I think one of the best scenes in the entire shows history. The whole cooking in tented houses , the excellent methlamyne heist and the final scene of ep 8. Are pure class. I'm not at all impressed with how long we've got to wait to see the last 8 eps. Talk about keepin the viewer on tenterhooks. It's bad enough hiatus's in shows lasting about a month. But 12 months is a real pain in the arse. But to finish. My point is that if viewing figures are down by around 20%. They can't have been much of a bb fan in the first place. Cos with tv programmes of this class. I doubt it could even be improved upon. It's a masterclass in everything from the storylines , the script , the casting. , directing and definitely the acting. It's easily the best programme on tv. And iv had to have every episode of every season off the net. Cos it aint shown in the uk. Which is a joke , and an awful lot of British viewers are missing out big time. On one of the all time best tv programmes ever produced. Expand
  35. Oct 1, 2012
    As opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare to anyone in The Sopranos or The Wire. This show serves only as a transition for anyone who wants to watch TV with the grown-ups on HBO. The aforementioned Sopranos, Wire, and shows like Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Treme. Breaking Bad is a good show, but it has long outlived its welcome, and this first half of the season seemed completely unnecessary. It's a commercial success, talk show hosts can't shut up about it (watch any episode of Kimmel). However, once you've had the best, okay just doesn't appeal. I'll finish watching the show, as I've been a viewer from the start, but I can guarantee that it will not compare to any HBO show of old. Breaking Bad is not a classic, it's simply a fun action story. It's no Pulp Fiction, it's Inception. It provides some good ideas, but, ultimately, what ends up remaining in the viewer's head at the end of the day are the images, the cool thing that happened at the climax of the episode. It's not art, it's just a fun book. Expand
  36. Sep 19, 2012
    Unsurprisingly, another world class season of television from Vince and the crew. It remains 'Breaking Bad' all over, as the writing and direction toys with its new found freedom - a freedom spawning some refreshingly open and quirky creative vibes. On the other side of the spectrum, we have the acting, with its superiority simply being implied under the name of the show.

The missing
    fifteen percent here, however, can be accounted for as the result of a seemingly forced seasonal transition. Although the first couple of episodes were great within themselves, they seemed somewhat misplaced in the midst of the series as a whole. In particular, the 'create and resolve' stretch and predictability of the first episode's antics was a moment I caught myself with skeptically squinted eyes. However, Breaking Bad was (of course) back into the swing of things before I could even finish my sandwich. In summary, this is one of few shows worth your time. Thank you, Vince! Expand
  37. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  38. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  39. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  40. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  41. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  42. Sep 28, 2013
    boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner
  43. Sep 30, 2013
    There is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspects of quality, bringing their best on the series finale.

The direction and the writing never felt so cohesive and beautifully done, and in terms of acting, each and every actor has reached the top os their performances, extracting the best out of the great story tha Vince has to tell. In the end, with the best working with the best, nothing else there is to expect than the perfect and completely orchestrated work of art that the TV shows have to offer
  44. Jan 12, 2013
    Not my favorite of the breaking bad seasons but still excellent none the less. Great acting, good story, etc... This show has been consistently excellent from the beginning.
  45. Sep 29, 2013
    You will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watch this show, you are truly missing out! Expand
  46. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me. Expand
  48. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  49. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  50. Jun 20, 2013
    Even though it is only eight episodes. it still is better than 95% of other shows. The ending of the last episode sets up perfectly to have this show go out with a bang.
  51. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  52. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  53. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about Breaking Bad?A masterpiece?A cult classic?A symbol of a whole TV shows generation?Yes,Yes and another Yes.The final season proved that evolution exists.From just interesting to a brilliant drama,which shows us how life could change people and what is the price of such changes.Good night Mike,Hank and Walt you are in our hearts forever and we will miss you. Expand
  54. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  55. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  56. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw
  57. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  58. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  59. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm probably the only person who thinks this show is highly overrated. It's a matter of opinion that I never really liked any of the characters. At best, Saul made me chuckle, Walt made me wince, Jessie made me groan and Hank and Maria made me sigh. My favorite character (Gus) and my favorite season (4) were the highlights of the show. Season 5 delved into depths I didn't care about specifically, shooting and killing kids. Yes, I know it's purely fiction but it's not particularly good entertainment to me. The domestic disputes, the ultra-violence and general downward spiral of all the main characters are forgettable to me. I didn't like anyone so I won't miss anyone. The greatest story ever told? Not by a long shot. The performances are good, the camera work is excellent and creative, the music is often wisely selected but to me, the characters are nothing short of unlikeable, eye-rolling cartoons. Expand
  60. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  61. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  62. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  63. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  64. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  65. Sep 30, 2013
    The. Greatest. Show. Ever. In. The. History. Of. Television. Period.....................................................................................................................
  66. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.
  67. Oct 1, 2013
    From the season one to the end, i am crazing about these,cant understand why people give the negative comment, this is the best tv drama i have had watch
  68. Oct 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Best Serie EVER!!!
    I already miss the next episode, Bryan the greatest actor i ever see on tv series!
    Just perfect this serie, come back MR. WHITE!
  69. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  70. Oct 4, 2013
    Being probably the best drama ever seen on TV, Breaking Bad has already made history!

The satisfying finale gave the show the perfect goodbye to fans and viewers and left basically only one question unanswered: What shall we do with our lives, now that the show has ended?
  71. Oct 12, 2013
    Plain and simple: ONE THE BEST DRAMA SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Breaking Bad is a work of art brilliant script, fantastic characters and flawless delivery from the directors and producers. The finale was just incredible and leaves your completely satisfied, not wanting more.
  72. Oct 6, 2013
    Season 5 started out rather slow,but the second half more than made up for it.....what an ending to A truly great series..They really did an incredible job of bringing the series to an end with the second half of season 5,,,just about the best television I believe I have ever seen
  73. Oct 9, 2013
    Breaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstart careers for a few actors like Aaron Paul. I'm really looking forward to more work by Gilligan because he has proven himself a far more capable writer than we would have imagined in our generation. Expand
  74. Oct 13, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, the best tv show of the decade. Everything is freaking perfect: actors, characters, screenplay, every detail. And with the series finale Br Ba just consolidated as the best.
  75. Nov 25, 2013
    this is absolutely the best series ever made in the hole history of tv,this finale of the series couldn't be so great,i will miss breaking bad in my hole life.
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    The first 4 seasons feels like a guided ride to the epic conclusion of this series. Walter White transformation feels credible, charming and it lets you feel what he feels while is becoming a monster inside. You might think he always wanted redemption, but all of this made him feel alive.
  77. Nov 11, 2013
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.
    And it is extremely rare I would say that something is the best thing ever made in its category.
    So in this case, and I am 100% sure of it, Breaking Bad is the best TV Show ever made.

Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no
    spoilers, but I'm basically going to say why it made me feel as if it is the best. No other show has made me so tense, so excited to watch the next episode. Luckily for me, I watched all of it on Netflix, and most of the time I kept feeling sorry for people who had to cope with waiting a week for the next episode, and then when the season finished, a LONG time for the next handful. 6 years. That's how long some people spent watching this show, yet I only spent a month, and I loved every second of watching! If you really get into the show, you will have moments when you're up out of your seat, waiting for what's about to happen. Truly amazing.

The best thing of this show, in my opinion, is the characters. I don't think anything has ever made me empathize so much with characters of their franchise. Walt, a chemistry teacher who needs money desperately, becomes quickly evil and makes some terrible decisions. Jesse (my favourite), a young adult who hasn't had a brilliant start to his life, always ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time. And there's more, all of which you see their part and story in the show.

To sum up, if you haven't watched it watch it. There's no other option, you don't know what you're missing out on. I will really miss Breaking Bad, I'm deeply sad it's over, but also happy it could make me feel like that.
  78. Nov 14, 2013
    This is the best serie ever made! The acting, the characters, the plot, everything is really good, and this last season couldn't be different. This serie have 99.1% of purity!
  79. Nov 28, 2013
    Up to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rate it a perfect 10, having been convinced that nothing better will now ever be made. The story, acting, drama, music, cinematograph and, suspense are like nothing ever seen before. That's enough for now, I'm off to watch it for a third time. Expand
  80. Jan 4, 2014
    For some reason my review gave it 6/10, i actually gave the show 10/10! Now i must type letters until i get to one hundred and fifty characters to submit this review.
  81. Jan 26, 2014
    I can understand why so many rate the show so highly. the visuals, the acting they've got it down to a tee however despite the depth of the show i found 5 seasons of watching the same story unfold a real test of endurance, i got bored during most episodes and couldn't watch more than 2 episodes back to back.
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will
    give credit to 'Breaking Bad' for not 'dipping' like past shows where the later series' tend to seem stretched and lack a certain creativity, this show doesn't drop in fact its practically a straight line from beginning to end (which is probably why i found it such an endurance). Everyone else loves it, I appreciated and tolerated it. Expand
  82. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  83. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  84. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  85. Aug 10, 2012
    This season is different. Walter is dead, Heisenberg has assumed his place. That alone is enough to throw off most people. If we were still on Walt's side at the end of Season 4, the writers are forcing us to hate him, if you don't already. And I'll admit that it's working.

What makes this season successful is that it actually changes the feel. We've seen Walt break bad, but he still
    lost; we still wanted him to win. Now that he's actually winning, we see the actual tyranny and what he actually has transformed into. The fact is: Walt is a villain, and if you don't understand that yet, the writers are going to make you understand it.

Fantastic cinematography, acting, writing, and overall effectiveness of character development. This season is terrifying in a completely new way that will shock some people. The main character has become the antagonist.
  86. Aug 29, 2012
    Incredibly good. The pace and suspense of this season is incredible, this show really just keeps on getting better and better, and the downward spiral character progression of Walter is as clear as it is frightening.
  87. Jul 29, 2012
    This show just gets better every season! Everything about this show is superb, the acting, writing, cinematography, and direction! I will severely miss this show
  88. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  89. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  90. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  91. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  92. Aug 27, 2012
    I have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston as Walter White has to be one of the finest pieces of acting in television history. Expand
  93. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  94. Aug 10, 2013
    No one can explain how Gilligan manages to pack such a huge amount of tension, detail, and agony into such a fast-paced rollercoaster.
    Even though I approach it with (literally) more anticipation than I have ever approached everything in my entire life, I dread the day it ends, because that is the day I must curl up into a ball and die.
  95. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.
  96. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  97. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best drama and one of the best TV shows of all time and i cant say enough how awesome it is and gets week after week. if you have never watched this show, do it or you have my permission to die. (just kidding).
  98. Oct 13, 2013
    Some shows don't live up to hype. This one does. Its never too late to start watching. This show is rewarding from beginning to end. The characters, love them or hate them, will stay with you forever. Now I compare my favorite shows to this, and they just don't stack up like this show does. ALL HAIL THE KING
  99. Dec 31, 2013
    The acting, directing, story line, and cinematography are all superb. This is by far the best series to ever hit television, and will always be remembered that way.
  100. Oct 2, 2012
    Breaking Bad's fifth season is a roller coaster ride. While it is at times disjointed with a lack of consistent action, that is part of the point of the conflict between Walt's home life and his life as a kingpin. By the end of the season the show has really picked up, and the finale set a beautiful tone for the 6th season.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]