• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  4. Aug 27, 2012
    I have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston as Walter White has to be one of the finest pieces of acting in television history. Expand
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  7. Aug 10, 2013
    No one can explain how Gilligan manages to pack such a huge amount of tension, detail, and agony into such a fast-paced rollercoaster.
    Even though I approach it with (literally) more anticipation than I have ever approached everything in my entire life, I dread the day it ends, because that is the day I must curl up into a ball and die.
  8. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.
  9. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  10. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best drama and one of the best TV shows of all time and i cant say enough how awesome it is and gets week after week. if you have never watched this show, do it or you have my permission to die. (just kidding).
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    Some shows don't live up to hype. This one does. Its never too late to start watching. This show is rewarding from beginning to end. The characters, love them or hate them, will stay with you forever. Now I compare my favorite shows to this, and they just don't stack up like this show does. ALL HAIL THE KING
  12. Dec 31, 2013
    The acting, directing, story line, and cinematography are all superb. This is by far the best series to ever hit television, and will always be remembered that way.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Breaking Bad's fifth season is a roller coaster ride. While it is at times disjointed with a lack of consistent action, that is part of the point of the conflict between Walt's home life and his life as a kingpin. By the end of the season the show has really picked up, and the finale set a beautiful tone for the 6th season.
  14. Sep 10, 2012
    What can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television this year. If there are criticisms to be had, it lays in a season that felt a tad rushed, and in the cartoonishly villainous behavior of Walter White at times, though he seemed to come down to earth at the very end of the season. This is a companion piece to the last half of the season, which I fully expect to be a 10/10. Expand
  15. Sep 8, 2012
    For most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing about where the final season was headed. Also while I enjoyed the super intense Walt and Skyler scenes, Marie and Hank taking their children for such an extended period with little explanation. The train heist believability factor was also problematic for me. That being said the good far out weighed the bad. As mentioned the Walter Skyler confrontations early in the season were some of the best scenes this series has had. Mike as always was an amazing character and stole most of the plot lines he was involved in. The Walt ego factor soared through the roof, and ramped up the hate that we have been building up for his character throughout this series. And the cliff hanger at the end of this mid season will keep us all intrigued until next summer. This is shaping up to be one of the best 4 or 5 shows of all time. Expand
  16. Oct 24, 2012
    Well, what can I say about this show? Powerful performances. Outstanding direction. Flawless screenplay. Superb characterization. Jaw dropping twists and turns. Awesome opening theme. Unusal and genuine concept. Just imagine when you mix all of the above mentioned ingredients in a single glass, what would you get? You'd get BREAKING BAD!
  17. Sep 30, 2013
    Holy With this review I'm not only grading season 5 but also the whole series. Breaking Bad is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows in TV history. I wanna praise the cast, of course. Bryan Cranston, Aaron, Anna, they all have done amazing jobs. Spectacular tv series. Thank you, Vince Gilligan! #goodbyebreakingbad
  18. Aug 3, 2012
    great show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth season scored 96/100,[57] and the fifth season scored 98/100 prior to the first episode being screened.[58] The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011.[59][60] Expand
  19. Aug 7, 2012
    this show is amazing!!! all the characters are fabulous! you never gonna be bored during the show. i miss the time each episode! each time i think the show is just 20 minutes.
  20. Jan 7, 2013
    This season was paced pretty well and there was this over-riding feeling of something incredible happening and boy did they deliver! IN-CREDIBLE!!!
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    THIS is how you end one of the best T.V. dramas ever written. My favorite T.V. show of all time used to be LOST, and even though I guess it still is, the ending of LOST left the worst taste in my soul.
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    I liked every season in breaking bad but this particular season is something else it's really well made shocking in parts but thrilling in others. there is no doubt that it will win the Emmy again in 2014 especially because of "Ozymandias" episode which is my favourite I am proud to say that breaking bad is the best Tv series ever created.
  23. Oct 13, 2013
    A masterpiece. Brilliant, suspenseful, and full of plot twists. You witness slow decline of a docile chemistry teacher into a powerful and feared drug lord. In ten years this will still be remembered as one of TV's greatest accomplishments. You have not experienced true televised art until you have watched Breaking Bad.
  24. Oct 6, 2012
    what a season... televison reached new heights this year wid d eight season of BB... bryan cranston was once again fantastic. the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  25. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BB started out as an interesting, well acted, well written show. My question after each season was, "can you to this?" I am astounded and floored that this series came to a splendid end, and a finale that packaged everything up nicely. Every episode builds momentum, never a dull moment, and thoroughly entertaining especially if you have a brain. Our characters have come a long way, Jessie Pinkman in particular. To the first scene in the first episode to the pull back shot of the Dying Walter White (Heisenberg as his drug cartel name) is masterfully directed. A- Expand
  26. Nov 3, 2012
    Always amazing, my favorite show on television. The writing is consistently solid, developing interesting characters, and always keeping the situation heart-poundingly tense. The acting is always impressive, the cinematography always visually interesting, the music always fitting. My biggest complaint is that I have to wait until next summer for the rest.
  27. Jan 4, 2014
    Fim magnífico de uma das melhores séries já feita
  28. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning
    performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series! Expand
  29. Apr 18, 2014
    Brilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honest sentiments on the human condition that make this series such an impacting experience. The acting, the directing, the writing, the pacing (dear God the impeccable PACING!)...all damn near perfect. Bryan Cranston is beyond captivating and his performance is so frickin' great that you can watch scenes over and over again, already knowing what happens, and still find yourself enjoying them immensely just by virtue of his presence. The Walter White story truly plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. It's more than just cool. It's operatic. And it stays with you for a long time. Probably the only television show to date that I would call a masterpiece. Just brilliant. Expand
  30. Apr 20, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  31. Sep 30, 2013
    This season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show's creative team. The first half of the season was a fast-paced, tightly plotted set-up for the second half. The second half doesn't relent for a moment, for there is not a moment to lose as the end of the season is fast approaching. Various story lines are tied up. Jesse goes berserk. Hank closes in on Heisenberg. And Walt shows his cunning time and again to get out of tight spots. I couldn't have hoped for a better last season. This is what happens when the control over a lucrative series is still in control of the creator and not the executives. If they had made some more seasons, the story would have stretched beyond reason and the charm lost. Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad... what can I say about this piece of art ?And what about the characters? Walter White, Heisenberg, Pinkman, Hank, Skyler? Everyone of them are so well written, and the real actors? I have nothing to say about them, they are amazing! I'm glad I saw this series, and the way it ended was perfect.
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    Breaking Bad is for the 21st century what Mozart is for the 18th century. What Van Gogh is for the 19th. This is what the human species has best to offer. It belongs in a museum.. This is the TV Series that acquitted humans for all the genocides of the past centuries. Perfection/10
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  35. Oct 2, 2013
    Easily in my top 3 shows of all time and it maybe the best written show. Season 5 just continues the greatness from the previous seasons. Vince Gilligan I bow before you.
  36. Nov 12, 2013
    E foi aqui, em sua quinta e última temporada que Breaking Bad se tornou a melhor série de TV que eu já vi em toda minha vida. Cada episódio uma "season finale".
  37. Feb 26, 2014
    The best TV series that has ever been made.

No seriously... the BEST TV series that has EVER been made. The first episode is slow, but after that, just wow!
  38. Nov 9, 2013
    There is no other show like Breaking Bad in existence, like its protagonist, it should and will be remembered as time goes on, a true exemplar of realised potential.

A genuine piece of modern art, the Citizen Kane of our time.
  39. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  40. Apr 8, 2013
    There are quite a few shows out there which are extremely well done. The Wire, Sherlock...just some examples.

Then there is Breaking Bad. It's in a class of its own. I have never seen such a captivating series. The art, the acting performance, the scripting. This show sits on the throne above everything.

Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's
    perfectly fine. But objectively, this is one master piece without any equal. Expand
  41. Oct 13, 2013
    I perfect finale to a perfect show! This last season takes it all, as it contains the best episode's of any show I've ever seen in it. This is the season where we finally get to see the destruction of Walter White. I couldn't be happier with the result of the show. Although, I wonder whatever happened to Huel.
  42. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  43. Oct 26, 2014
    Breaking Bad's final season gives the show the ability to challenge the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire for the coveted title of being the greatest TV series ever. Breaking Bad finishes at the height that it well and truly deserves. The final season is by far the best, but it does go some way to effectively complimenting the seasons before it. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvelous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. It is one of the best television series' ever made, alongside previously concluded shows like The Sopranos and The Wire. In summary Breaking Bad is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  44. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10 Expand
  45. Jun 13, 2013
    Without a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a very convincing drug kingpin. Gripped from start to finish. Really hoping for more, although I have no idea quite how it could continue. Please forgive me since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum. Well worth the watch. Expand
  46. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  47. Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walter white because he is THE anti-hero at the same time. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. So, TREAD LIGHTLY. Expand
  48. Aug 8, 2013
    All you need to know is, Season 5 (2012) Is going to win the Emmy for Best Drama Series. Season 4 Should have won, but newcomer Homeland won because it was a new series involving "terrorism" which our Nation is infatuated with.
  49. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  50. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER Before, have I had a television finale have as much closure then Breaking Bad did. Vince Gilligan really made us proud with this one. The amount of effort that the cast and crew put into this really shows in the final product.
  51. Aug 21, 2013
    Been watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of the rainbow with Breaking Bad. Walt is gonna go out with a bang, whereas Showtime's Dexter goes out in absurdity. Expand
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    This show transcends normal television series in terms of quality. Everything about this show is so perfectly written, shot, and acted that I couldn't possibly think of a single thing wrong with it. Truly a stroke of genius.
  53. Sep 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad went from 'meh' to 'good' to 'very good' to the finale of season 4 onwards where it became best tv ever, yo'. Woah. TV has no right to be this cinema-beatingly good.
  54. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  55. Dec 20, 2013
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  56. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The end of the best TV Show of all time, it's sad, depressing, all the things you were thinking from Season 1 when Walt started cooking "What's going to happen if Hank y'know his DEA Brother in law finds out?". There is many kill offs including Walt himself, Hank, Steve Gomez, Todd, Mike and many others but what I didn't expect was how they killed off Walt if you thought before the season finale "I can't wait to see who kills Walt" and it turns out, Heisenberg could only kill Walt.... Oh! What about that Machine Gun rig ey? Pretty cool. 10/10 Expand
  57. Oct 2, 2013
    Watched this show since the beginning, knew it was going to be special, I remember telling people, try this show and see if you like it. I have hooked at least 10 people to this show, completely amazing. Thank you Vince Gilligan and the cast/writers of Breaking Bad for stepping up the quality for TV shows. Up Ne
  58. Oct 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is a modern masterpiece. The greatest television drama in decades, it's an unforgettable ride from start to finish, it will be a long time until we see somehthing as good as this show again.

59. Oct 7, 2013
    As Walter White breaks bad, the series of emotions of the viewer fluctuates with the characteristics of the series. The affection towards the characters Walt and Jesse soar from the first episode and continue with every season. Simply astounding an AAA class series like no other.
  60. Nov 18, 2013
    Um Coquetel Molotov de declínio. Ao longo de dois anos, Walter transformado; de um homem de família simpático com problemas de saúde, sem dinheiro e uma esposa gravida para o todo poderoso traficante Heisenberg, impulsionado pelo ego monstruoso e cruel e suficiente para eliminar qualquer um que comprometa o seu império pessoal. A trama progride como uma reação em cadeia volátil, o ritmo trágico choca os espectadores e a pergunta que não quer calar, Walt ainda bom? Expand
  61. Oct 15, 2013
    Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away. Every scene is important and every moment will leave you breathless and anxious for the next episode. Breaking Bad is definitely a masterpiece. All hail the king. Expand
  62. Oct 16, 2013
    SAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel and ask is this not, rather, truly the 'best of all time'. The Gilligan/Anderson overlap is bonus for observers of Kevin Bacon removes type considerations. Expand
  63. Oct 18, 2013
    I remember telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad during its second year. They all dismissed the television show, believing that drama revolving around a highschool teacher cooking meth had no depth to its plot.
    Boy were they wrong.
    I remember watching each season with a sense of impending doom; wondering when it would degrade in quality. But I was pleasantly surprised year after year
    with yet another improvement to the tale. Beginning as a modest television series and ending as one of the greatest dramas of all time, I'm glad to have watched this show from its humble origins to its intensely anticipated conclusion. To wrap this all up, I'd like to note that I have seen dozens upon dozens of television shows but can safely say, without a trace of doubt, that there has never been so difficult to watch a series come to a close. I'm going to miss my favorite drug lord. Expand
  64. Oct 25, 2013
    breaking bad..what is there to say ..everything moulded in one season ..Heisenberg ..hard to describe a character like that in just few words...season may started slow ..but screenplay was very good, especially last two episodes ...jaw dropping..suspense....tension.....finally one of the most satisfied season of all the tv series ..missing it would be a great mistake
  65. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    The greatest T.V Show in history (but don't forget Game of Thrones).

I think this is just a fantastic final season to the TV Show about an over-qualified chemistry teacher who breaks bad to provide for his family after he is diagnosed with cancer. Each episode was brilliantly scripted, the acting was superb and Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White is mind-blowing. The seasons just
    get better and more nail-biting. You never know what is going to happen next.

Goodbye Breaking Bad. You will be missed.

Bring on Better Call Saul!
  67. Oct 31, 2013
    Breaking Bad is one of the great shows of television's.The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding.Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever
  68. Nov 16, 2013
    Best TV show I have ever watched! Such a perfect last season. I didn't want the show to end, but it had to happen at some point. Such a perfect series finale as well. Now that 'Breaking Bad' is over, I have to start back on 'Dexter' & 'Game Of Thrones'. I am tearing up right now. I never wanted it to end Amazing show!
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    A very thrilling show that started to die out in season 4, but really came back and finished with a bang. This show had everything, emotional investment, plot line, character development, and a natural progression that just felt right. Possibly the best show of this year.
  70. Nov 7, 2013
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    Just Amazing. Can't think of words to describe it. Everything summed up perfectly, left me feeling fulfilled and happy for Walter after 5 seasons of action. Sad to see it go but glad they ended it before it started to lack quality. Easily one of my favourite shows of all time. Hopefully this could be a standard of TV that gets fulfilled a lot more from now on. 10/10
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    An awesome tv show, with an epic end, I think breaking bad its one of the best (maybe the better) drama tv show ever.
    Epic director, writer, producer, actors and amazing episodes, Ozymandias the best ever.
  73. Aug 10, 2014
    This has been one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's one of those shows were you need to dive into it, watch all the episodes and don't miss a single bit of it. It's truly go down as one of the best dramas on TV. So sad its finished but "All bad things must come to an end"
  74. Nov 16, 2013
    I miss this series already and I feel that I now have a huge VOID in my Tivo lineup. I really doubt anything can beat this show but I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
  75. Nov 17, 2013
    Breaking Bad is my most favorite television series, but I'm disappointed the ending. Good will Triumph Over "All" Evil is not make sense. Except for the ending, Breaking Bad is so awesome.
  76. Nov 19, 2013
    WOW! I can just say wow! Breaking Bad was amazing from beginning to the end. I have really no words to describe this amazing tv show. In my opinion one of the best tv show ever made.
  77. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most awesome thingh i've ever watched!!!! Please if are you reading this, watch BREAKING BAD. This serie is like a Michellangelo esculture in the new times.
  78. Nov 26, 2013
    When I caught up to this season on Netflix, I was so scared of what would happen at the end that I stopped watching after episode 50. Then, I decided to catch up with the marathon AMC had all the way up to the series finale. I'm glad I did, because that was some of the finest television since the Venture Bros.
  79. Dec 7, 2013
    At the climax of this series Breaking Bad is a hit. A world wide favorite and classic. Greatest tv show ever and will be remembered for ever. A piece of beautiful art.
  80. Dec 25, 2013
    Do I really have to say anything, no I don't, so I'll keep it as brief as I can, Breaking Bad, is in my mind the best television show in existence (or at least my favorite), and do I really need to explain why, do I need to explain the acting, the writing, the direction, the cinematography, the tone, the foreshadowing, no, I don't, all people need to know is: if you have seen the show, you know what I mean, if you haven't, you better watch it fast or I'll break your legs (don't worry I won't, but seriously, just... watch it) Expand
  81. Dec 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bryan cranston is simpley the best! This show takes time, so don't expect to finnish everyting in a day! Aaron paul and Bryan Cranston are the best actors for this show. Expand
  82. Jan 6, 2014
    Jimmy Spoiler-free reviews 2013 things: Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 2 (The Final Season) If you're worried about starting this show only to be disappointed by it's final run, I can assure you that Breaking Bad will not let you down. After season 5 part 1, honestly, I would have been surprised if the final season was flat out bad. At it's heart, BB is a show about family issues that, frankly, make a lot of the issues people might be having with theirs seem less crazy. The main character, Mr. Walter White, has built up a web of drugs, lies, and broken relationships that tangle him. The tone of this season assures you that the road to the end is grim.

Who would like Breaking Bad, particularly the final season:
    -People not bothered by occasional, but very violent scenes
    -People who enjoy a good, well written drama
    -People who don't mind their morals being questioned a bit
    -People with decent attention spans that won't cop out because of a slow point in a season
    -People who don't mind characters fighting among themselves and yelling and complaining at each other
    -People who enjoy cool montages and memorable scenes
    -People who like complex characters that might occasionally be disagreeable
    -People who enjoy a show with a wild and complex plot
    -Fans of drug related shows
    -People who enjoy tragedy
    -Fans of strong female characters
    -Fans of westerns and modern media inspired by westerns.

Who would not like Breaking Bad:
    -Anyone with a short attention span
    -People who get easily bothered with characters
    -People who don't like too crazy or violent scenes
    -People who don't like committing to 45+ minutes episodes
    -People who like shows that go on forever
    -People who like really fast paced shows
    -People who can't commit to watching through 5 seasons of a show
    -People who like knowing where a show is going to go next

Unless you're in the latter group, you'll enjoy it. I'd say 10/10 for the whole series. This season in particular is my favorite.

10/10 for Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 2
  83. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  84. Jan 14, 2014
    Starting from the very first moments to the last seconds of final season this TV Show was the most amazing thing I watched. It keeps you in suspense from one episode to another. There might be some slight omissions, but they make it even more realistic. Great acting, great script, great production.
  85. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Apart from the fact that breaking bad could have had another season in it because of how packed the last episode was I was happy how breaking bad ended the way it did where walt died in the place he loved. It is sad it has ended and will look forward to better call soul. Expand
  86. Feb 20, 2014
    Short review... but if you have never seen any Breaking Bad before it is a must watch. It is rare to find a show , series that gets better each season. Few movies/shows/games deserve a 10/10, but without a doubt, this is one of them.
  87. Jul 14, 2014
    Before the 5th season, I was in doubt about if this was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, when I saw the ending... the doubt disappeared. Drama, comedy, tension, perfect writing, very well music selecting and exemplary performance; all this is Breaking Bad.

Congratulations to all Breaking Bad team for creating this masterpiece!
  88. Feb 28, 2014
    A serie with a kind of emotions that makes you feel surpriced. The best TV Show that i ever seen. Just Perfect, a Master Piece! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  89. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  90. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  91. Apr 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WilemDafoeJesus aprouve that Tv Show ihsdohfsodhfosahd9fowneaoirh0apnfoa9hsd0joidsiajsdiausdijadiuaihraihndayhsduadhaeduwqhasudhaushdahsdagduahnsduay. Expand
  92. Apr 29, 2014
    Well, one fine day I was moaning about the end of Breaking Bad..and life after BB. My GF said "chill there will a better serial than BB"..I shouted at her and said that next time if she speaks about anything better than BB, we would have a damn break up...There can be nothing better than perfect ! Breaking Bad has left great memories to cherish..it lives in our hearts. Each and every character was amazing and interesting, and the actors who played these characters did a fine job. WALTER WHITE will be missed and PINKMAN will be remembered ..... Expand
  93. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my
    lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!! Expand
  94. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never has a show had such a brilliant season with little dialogue. Of course, this final season owes it's success to the development of Walt and Jessie in the first four seasons, but the true winner of season five is uncle jack, the neo-nazi who seems to want to be more powerful and more important than he actually is(sounds like good ole WW). Without the surprise impact of jack, BBS5 may have been a ordinary predictable final season. Of course Walt makes the season concrete in history as one of the best ever, as he finally comes full-circle and accepts his true identity of Heisenberg. The suspense and intertwining of so many great stories coming to an end wraps of the great show, the only reason it's not a 10 is because it had an ending at all... Expand
  95. May 31, 2014
    Amazing.It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted.
  96. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't think I have to write a lot here. Breaking Bad is absolutely magnificent. The actors are brilliant and the plot is exciting. It's the best tv show that ever have been on tv. Just amazing.
  97. Jun 15, 2014
    The series is smart, joyful, wonderful, amazing, two thumbs up. I advice you to watch it. In season 3 there some long air. but totally one of my best TV shows.
  98. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection !
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  99. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo
    episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie. Expand
  100. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]