Breaking Bad : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Jul 26, 2012
    It's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. HowIt's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. How could it be otherwise? Expand
  2. Jul 23, 2012
    ultimate..... ultimate.....ultimate..............ultimate..................ultimate...................ultimate.........ultimate............ultimate...................ultimate
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best season of Breaking Bad, the season finale was the most epic sh** i've ever seen, too bad Walter had to die, but we all saw it coming. and "Baby Blue" by Badfinger fit perfectly to the ending.

Goodbye Breaking Bad.
  4. Sep 16, 2013
    Simply the best TV show in the history. Every season gets better and better, the level is always high that you must fall in love with this series. It's all PERFECT, the acting, the characters, the screenplay. Just PERFECT. You can't find anything like this, it's a masterpiece and a must-watch.
  5. Jul 25, 2012
    Arguably the greatest drama of the 21st century. Captivated by Vince Gilligan's amazing writing and Bryan Cranston's performance as drug kingpin Walter White, Breaking Bad has set the standard for what true quality television should be. And the best part? It's only gotten better and better as each season passes by, constantly having ourselves question the decisions Mr. White decides to make.
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    The first half of Breaking Bad's fifth season may not be the roller coaster ride that Season 4 was, but it did an excellent job at setting the stage for the final half of the season which will undoubtedly be the biggest roller coaster ride television may ever see.
  8. Jul 15, 2012
    Unbelievable.
    I was too septic by the overwhelming kind of reviews I´ve read to this show, so I started to watch it and, honesty, it´s the best TV show I´ve ever seen. Bryan Cranston is just superb in this role, with no flaws or overacting. Season 5 started as the BOOM we heard in the season 4 finale. It´s a marvel that surpass the greatness of The Sopranos and The Wire.
  9. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  10. Jul 26, 2012
    I can't even began to describe, majorly, the acting and writing of Breaking Bad. Until the release of season five I simply thought that "it can't go better than this", but then i saw the first episode of season five, in the end I thought to my self that I had witness television history, pure 43 minutes of drama perfection.
  11. Sep 4, 2012
    The best parts of The Sopranos and Macbeth fused and brought to TV. Tight dialogue, excellent cinematography, perfectly paced, awesome soundtrack... what more could one ask for?
  12. Nov 29, 2012
    In season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. TheIn season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. The writer's uncanny ability to keep the viewer highly invested in this thrilling adventure never ceases to amaze. 5 Thumbs way up! Expand
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The progression throughout Breaking bad is amazing! Season 1: you sympathize him; he's man with cancer doing something bad for the right reasons-anyone would do the same. But then in season 2 he begins to become greedy: his avarice empowers him, which is particularly highlighted when he lets Jane die, 'till finally the symbolic plain crash is caused. Then, even with this greedy nature of Walt's, we still sympathize him in season's 3 and 4 since he is being forced, and he is now an "anti-hero" we enjoy watching a complicated bad guy. But now season 5 is the most complicated season of all: Walt's a villain!!! He's killed gus and is Heisenberg. As he strives for his empire every other character is destroyed and become miserable, and then right when he repairs the situation Hank, who has been traumatized by all his experiences that were caused by Walt, has his realization. Never in my life have I seen a better array of complex, sophisticated characters. Expand
  14. Aug 13, 2013
    Best F'in show on TV! The season 4 finale was really amazing and Walt's character is evolving into a beast. The bad news is that the bar for television shows is so high, I doubt I'll enjoy anything else for a very long time. Before starting Breaking Bad Season 1, I was so fed up with the garbage on TV (cough... every show on Bravo) that I considered going to church!

"I am the one who knocks!"
  15. Sep 24, 2013
    The perfect blend of Action, Comedy, Suspense and the most beautiful progression of a plot I may have ever seen Makes this season finale the most anticipated finale for me this year.
  16. Sep 6, 2012
    The narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (andThe narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (and brilliant). Cranston, Gilligan and the Breaking Bad crew have done the impossible with these first eight episodes: they've made Americans fall in love with an amoral meth dealer. But I think I speak for us all when I say that we wouldn't want it any other way. Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    An easy 10! One of the greatest series ever! especially this season was amazing. It had it all, imagination, action, power, great strategic mover, excellent direction, insightful psychological view on characters. I strongly recommend everyone to watch it!
  18. Oct 7, 2013
    breaking bad???????
    i am shocked what happend in the last.......
    woooowwwwwww.
    there is a clear different beetwin this show and lost
    bb is more better than lost
  19. Aug 28, 2013
    Season 5 kicks in t breakneck speed, each episode leaving me rubbing my hands together in excitement. If this season continues to a conclusion as strong as the episodes so far it will take the crown of the best television show to date.
  20. Oct 28, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the most flawless show beginning to end I've ever seen. It portrays a man pushed out of his norm by a life threatening disease that makes him fearless, or "awake" in his words. I watched from the pilot to the finale, and was not once disappointed. Some people may be turned off by the utilization of drugs in the storyline, but those are shallow individuals.
  21. Sep 19, 2012
    Unsurprisingly, another world class season of television from Vince and the crew. It remains 'Breaking Bad' all over, as the writing and direction toys with its new found freedom - a freedom spawning some refreshingly open and quirky creative vibes. On the other side of the spectrum, we have the acting, with its superiority simply being implied under the name of the show.

The missing

The missing fifteen percent here, however, can be accounted for as the result of a seemingly forced seasonal transition. Although the first couple of episodes were great within themselves, they seemed somewhat misplaced in the midst of the series as a whole. In particular, the 'create and resolve' stretch and predictability of the first episode's antics was a moment I caught myself with skeptically squinted eyes. However, Breaking Bad was (of course) back into the swing of things before I could even finish my sandwich. In summary, this is one of few shows worth your time. Thank you, Vince!
  22. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  23. Sep 28, 2013
    boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner
  24. Jan 12, 2013
    Not my favorite of the breaking bad seasons but still excellent none the less. Great acting, good story, etc... This show has been consistently excellent from the beginning.
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    Even though it is only eight episodes. it still is better than 95% of other shows. The ending of the last episode sets up perfectly to have this show go out with a bang.
  26. Oct 6, 2013
    Season 5 started out rather slow,but the second half more than made up for it.....what an ending to A truly great series..They really did an incredible job of bringing the series to an end with the second half of season 5,,,just about the best television I believe I have ever seen
  27. Oct 9, 2013
    Breaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstartBreaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstart careers for a few actors like Aaron Paul. I'm really looking forward to more work by Gilligan because he has proven himself a far more capable writer than we would have imagined in our generation. Expand
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    Up to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rateUp to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rate it a perfect 10, having been convinced that nothing better will now ever be made. The story, acting, drama, music, cinematograph and, suspense are like nothing ever seen before. That's enough for now, I'm off to watch it for a third time. Expand
  29. Feb 5, 2015
    Breaking Balls
    (29 September 2013)
    How to do the Tarantino Twist Over-establish and exaggerate the potential danger of a confrontation. The outcome will either be met with visceral cruelty or exasperated relief. Set up in a quiet and tepid environment which reliably hosts criminal activity, gangster violence and bloodshed. Encourage flat and uninspired acting so it can be
    Breaking Balls
    (29 September 2013)

How to do the Tarantino Twist

Encourage flat and uninspired acting so it can be gratefully interrupted by a flurry of insane, horrific brutality. Or not. Whatever.

Suspend the cheerful diversionary banter to near-farcical limits then cap it off with a gruesome and dismissive murder. Or not. The thwarted expectation of murder will do until next time.

Back to the first point. Suspend and oversell the hyperbolic threat and antipathy of a murderous situation then roll the dice on the outcome.

Atrocities of any scope, collateral damage of any scale can be justified when protecting your family. (And 80 million dollars is sufficient to provide for a family of three.)
  30. Jul 19, 2012
    Best show on television great writing,acting and excellent scripting It looks like its gonna be another wild ride this season .Magnets! Crazy .
  31. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season arguably has some of the best episodes to be aired in the Breaking Bad series: the use of magnets on the police evidence storage, the train heist, the fallout from Gus' death, the attempts by both Mike and Jessie to sell off their interests; all these (and more) should keep you at the edge of your seat.

There is a slight problem, however, depending on how you look at it. Vince Gilligan seems to be determined to show that drug dealing is inherently evil. Walt hasn't just "broken bad" in terms of breaking the law; he is a villain-protagonist as of season 5. Could Walt have always been like this? Could the affable, mild-mannered, conscientious teacher, father and husband have been evil the whole time? Perhaps, but it seems mighty convenient to suit the moralistic position of the writers. Less forgiveable than character changes (which Skylar also, thankfully, has gone through), are holes in the writing. The greatest sin is the "Brock poisoning" plot a ridiculous, impossible feat pulled off by Walt in Season 4 that was ultimately inconsequential. Whilst one may have been willing to forget about it entirely, the ramifications of it become crucial in Season 5 which is just plain trying as a viewer.

Overall though, good fun, and nice set pieces. Just don't expect to get emotionally involved particularly with favourites such as Mike (who behaves uncharacteristically incautiously in his ultimate scene). It will be no surprise if Walt gets his comeuppance in the end but this is due to the Gilligan's overweening morality rather than logical design.
  32. Aug 22, 2012
    After four seasons, Breaking Bad continues the gripping story, unique direction all brought to life with flawless acting. How does the fifth season remain as good as the first? I have no idea --- but the luster remains. Easily one of the best dramas on television and worthy of your time.
  33. Sep 10, 2012
    What can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television thisWhat can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television this year. If there are criticisms to be had, it lays in a season that felt a tad rushed, and in the cartoonishly villainous behavior of Walter White at times, though he seemed to come down to earth at the very end of the season. This is a companion piece to the last half of the season, which I fully expect to be a 10/10. Expand
  34. Oct 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Best Serie EVER!!!
    I already miss the next episode, Bryan the greatest actor i ever see on tv series!
    Just perfect this serie, come back MR. WHITE!
  35. Apr 20, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  36. Oct 11, 2013
    I really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out ofI really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out of place and it threw the whole season and the whole show off since Gus had taken over the show along with Skylar. Then everything that Mike did after that was complete they made him out to be a really intelligent hitman that would never let anyone get the best of him unless they truly were better than him, and he was about to leave town just as his character would realistically do but then Walt spouts some that Mike would never have bought but he does and somehow he ends up helping the guy that just destroyed his entire life. it made no sense. I miss the early seasons when Walt and Jesse were actually out there up on their own before Walt became Gus' and the show started focusing more on Skylar's than Walt I felt like Walt became a side character because everything kept coming back to her either something up or having to be the final decision for some stupid reason. If they had killed her off when they needed to I might have been able to bear the other uninteresting but not quite as annoying as her characters Last season jumped the shark up until that I would consider it great show not amazing, certainly not the best show ever seeing as they wrote themselves into a corner and that's why it didn't last this show should not have ended at 5 seasons. Finally I wanna bring one more thing up about the last season there were several episodes in which characters' (mainly Walt) dialogue directly points out the shows own absurdities and makes you question how stupid the entire series is, I know it's a ridiculous thing to take seriously but for a show that prides itself on originality and it's sense of realism don't have your main character openly point out how stupid he was to think that he could somehow give his family millions of dollars of drug money without it getting seized and admit that everything hes done since the start of the show was incredibly stupid. that is exactly what audiences deliberately overlook for the sake of enjoying the story without nitpicking; but when you nitpick your own show right in front of us how am i supposed to respect that. Expand
  37. Oct 1, 2012
    As opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare toAs opposed to what the other reviewers say, this show is not the pinnacle of modern storytelling. It does nothing new, makes no improvements from the stellar season 4, yet these reviewers give out 100's like corn seed sample. As far as the first part of the season goes, it is still populated with the annoying characters of old. Skyler, Mike, all these characters that can't even compare to anyone in The Sopranos or The Wire. This show serves only as a transition for anyone who wants to watch TV with the grown-ups on HBO. The aforementioned Sopranos, Wire, and shows like Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Treme. Breaking Bad is a good show, but it has long outlived its welcome, and this first half of the season seemed completely unnecessary. It's a commercial success, talk show hosts can't shut up about it (watch any episode of Kimmel). However, once you've had the best, okay just doesn't appeal. I'll finish watching the show, as I've been a viewer from the start, but I can guarantee that it will not compare to any HBO show of old. Breaking Bad is not a classic, it's simply a fun action story. It's no Pulp Fiction, it's Inception. It provides some good ideas, but, ultimately, what ends up remaining in the viewer's head at the end of the day are the images, the cool thing that happened at the climax of the episode. It's not art, it's just a fun book. Expand
  38. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  39. May 20, 2015
    Not enough Shrek. The onions didn't have enough layers. 3/10. I found the acting to not be ogrey enough. Season 1 was the best though. It had the best plot. Batman vs. Superman is going to be alright. NFL is going down the drain. Xfinity has too many ads. I can't wait for season 6.
  40. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm probably the only person who thinks this show is highly overrated. It's a matter of opinion that I never really liked any of the characters. At best, Saul made me chuckle, Walt made me wince, Jessie made me groan and Hank and Maria made me sigh. My favorite character (Gus) and my favorite season (4) were the highlights of the show. Season 5 delved into depths I didn't care about specifically, shooting and killing kids. Yes, I know it's purely fiction but it's not particularly good entertainment to me. The domestic disputes, the ultra-violence and general downward spiral of all the main characters are forgettable to me. I didn't like anyone so I won't miss anyone. The greatest story ever told? Not by a long shot. The performances are good, the camera work is excellent and creative, the music is often wisely selected but to me, the characters are nothing short of unlikeable, eye-rolling cartoons. Expand
  41. Jan 26, 2014
    I can understand why so many rate the show so highly. the visuals, the acting they've got it down to a tee however despite the depth of the show i found 5 seasons of watching the same story unfold a real test of endurance, i got bored during most episodes and couldn't watch more than 2 episodes back to back.
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will give credit to 'Breaking Bad' for not 'dipping' like past shows where the later series' tend to seem stretched and lack a certain creativity, this show doesn't drop in fact its practically a straight line from beginning to end (which is probably why i found it such an endurance). Everyone else loves it, I appreciated and tolerated it.
  42. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would beI have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  43. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw
  44. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.
  45. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  46. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best drama and one of the best TV shows of all time and i cant say enough how awesome it is and gets week after week. if you have never watched this show, do it or you have my permission to die. (just kidding).
  47. Oct 13, 2013
    Some shows don't live up to hype. This one does. Its never too late to start watching. This show is rewarding from beginning to end. The characters, love them or hate them, will stay with you forever. Now I compare my favorite shows to this, and they just don't stack up like this show does. ALL HAIL THE KING
  48. Aug 3, 2012
    great show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth seasongreat show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth season scored 96/100,[57] and the fifth season scored 98/100 prior to the first episode being screened.[58] The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011.[59][60] Expand
  49. Aug 7, 2012
    this show is amazing!!! all the characters are fabulous! you never gonna be bored during the show. i miss the time each episode! each time i think the show is just 20 minutes.
  50. Oct 8, 2013
    THIS is how you end one of the best T.V. dramas ever written. My favorite T.V. show of all time used to be LOST, and even though I guess it still is, the ending of LOST left the worst taste in my soul.
  51. Oct 13, 2013
    I perfect finale to a perfect show! This last season takes it all, as it contains the best episode's of any show I've ever seen in it. This is the season where we finally get to see the destruction of Walter White. I couldn't be happier with the result of the show. Although, I wonder whatever happened to Huel.
  52. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  53. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER Before, have I had a television finale have as much closure then Breaking Bad did. Vince Gilligan really made us proud with this one. The amount of effort that the cast and crew put into this really shows in the final product.
  54. Aug 21, 2013
    Been watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of theBeen watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of the rainbow with Breaking Bad. Walt is gonna go out with a bang, whereas Showtime's Dexter goes out in absurdity. Expand
  55. Dec 20, 2013
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  56. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The end of the best TV Show of all time, it's sad, depressing, all the things you were thinking from Season 1 when Walt started cooking "What's going to happen if Hank y'know his DEA Brother in law finds out?". There is many kill offs including Walt himself, Hank, Steve Gomez, Todd, Mike and many others but what I didn't expect was how they killed off Walt if you thought before the season finale "I can't wait to see who kills Walt" and it turns out, Heisenberg could only kill Walt.... Oh! What about that Machine Gun rig ey? Pretty cool. 10/10 Expand
  57. Oct 16, 2013
    SAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel andSAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel and ask is this not, rather, truly the 'best of all time'. The Gilligan/Anderson overlap is bonus for observers of Kevin Bacon removes type considerations. Expand
  58. Dec 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand this series. I watch every season, always expecting a great "climax", but it never really happen. The 2 main characters are a joke. Expand
  59. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  60. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourselfSeason 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  61. Aug 10, 2012
    This season is different. Walter is dead, Heisenberg has assumed his place. That alone is enough to throw off most people. If we were still on Walt's side at the end of Season 4, the writers are forcing us to hate him, if you don't already. And I'll admit that it's working.

What makes this season successful is that it actually changes the feel. We've seen Walt break bad, but he still lost; we still wanted him to win. Now that he's actually winning, we see the actual tyranny and what he actually has transformed into. The fact is: Walt is a villain, and if you don't understand that yet, the writers are going to make you understand it.

Fantastic cinematography, acting, writing, and overall effectiveness of character development. This season is terrifying in a completely new way that will shock some people. The main character has become the antagonist.
  62. Aug 29, 2012
    Incredibly good. The pace and suspense of this season is incredible, this show really just keeps on getting better and better, and the downward spiral character progression of Walter is as clear as it is frightening.
  63. Jul 29, 2012
    This show just gets better every season! Everything about this show is superb, the acting, writing, cinematography, and direction! I will severely miss this show
  64. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,

It's tense, dark, emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece.
  65. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  66. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly,As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  67. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  68. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  69. Aug 27, 2012
    I have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston asI have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston as Walter White has to be one of the finest pieces of acting in television history. Expand
  70. Aug 10, 2013
    No one can explain how Gilligan manages to pack such a huge amount of tension, detail, and agony into such a fast-paced rollercoaster.
    Even though I approach it with (literally) more anticipation than I have ever approached everything in my entire life, I dread the day it ends, because that is the day I must curl up into a ball and die.
  71. Dec 31, 2013
    The acting, directing, story line, and cinematography are all superb. This is by far the best series to ever hit television, and will always be remembered that way.
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    Breaking Bad's fifth season is a roller coaster ride. While it is at times disjointed with a lack of consistent action, that is part of the point of the conflict between Walt's home life and his life as a kingpin. By the end of the season the show has really picked up, and the finale set a beautiful tone for the 6th season.
  73. Sep 8, 2012
    For most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing aboutFor most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing about where the final season was headed. Also while I enjoyed the super intense Walt and Skyler scenes, Marie and Hank taking their children for such an extended period with little explanation. The train heist believability factor was also problematic for me. That being said the good far out weighed the bad. As mentioned the Walter Skyler confrontations early in the season were some of the best scenes this series has had. Mike as always was an amazing character and stole most of the plot lines he was involved in. The Walt ego factor soared through the roof, and ramped up the hate that we have been building up for his character throughout this series. And the cliff hanger at the end of this mid season will keep us all intrigued until next summer. This is shaping up to be one of the best 4 or 5 shows of all time. Expand
  74. Oct 24, 2012
    Well, what can I say about this show? Powerful performances. Outstanding direction. Flawless screenplay. Superb characterization. Jaw dropping twists and turns. Awesome opening theme. Unusal and genuine concept. Just imagine when you mix all of the above mentioned ingredients in a single glass, what would you get? You'd get BREAKING BAD!
  75. Sep 30, 2013
    Holy With this review I'm not only grading season 5 but also the whole series. Breaking Bad is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows in TV history. I wanna praise the cast, of course. Bryan Cranston, Aaron, Anna, they all have done amazing jobs. Spectacular tv series. Thank you, Vince Gilligan! #goodbyebreakingbad
  76. Jan 7, 2013
    This season was paced pretty well and there was this over-riding feeling of something incredible happening and boy did they deliver! IN-CREDIBLE!!!
  77. Nov 16, 2013
    I liked every season in breaking bad but this particular season is something else it's really well made shocking in parts but thrilling in others. there is no doubt that it will win the Emmy again in 2014 especially because of "Ozymandias" episode which is my favourite I am proud to say that breaking bad is the best Tv series ever created.
  78. Oct 13, 2013
    A masterpiece. Brilliant, suspenseful, and full of plot twists. You witness slow decline of a docile chemistry teacher into a powerful and feared drug lord. In ten years this will still be remembered as one of TV's greatest accomplishments. You have not experienced true televised art until you have watched Breaking Bad.
  79. Oct 6, 2012
    what a season... televison reached new heights this year wid d eight season of BB... bryan cranston was once again fantastic. the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  80. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BB started out as an interesting, well acted, well written show. My question after each season was, "can you to this?" I am astounded and floored that this series came to a splendid end, and a finale that packaged everything up nicely. Every episode builds momentum, never a dull moment, and thoroughly entertaining especially if you have a brain. Our characters have come a long way, Jessie Pinkman in particular. To the first scene in the first episode to the pull back shot of the Dying Walter White (Heisenberg as his drug cartel name) is masterfully directed. A- Expand
  81. Nov 3, 2012
    Always amazing, my favorite show on television. The writing is consistently solid, developing interesting characters, and always keeping the situation heart-poundingly tense. The acting is always impressive, the cinematography always visually interesting, the music always fitting. My biggest complaint is that I have to wait until next summer for the rest.
  82. Jan 4, 2014
    Fim magnífico de uma das melhores séries já feita
  83. Apr 18, 2014
    Brilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honestBrilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honest sentiments on the human condition that make this series such an impacting experience. The acting, the directing, the writing, the pacing (dear God the impeccable PACING!)...all damn near perfect. Bryan Cranston is beyond captivating and his performance is so frickin' great that you can watch scenes over and over again, already knowing what happens, and still find yourself enjoying them immensely just by virtue of his presence. The Walter White story truly plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. It's more than just cool. It's operatic. And it stays with you for a long time. Probably the only television show to date that I would call a masterpiece. Just brilliant. Expand
  84. Sep 30, 2013
    This season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show'sThis season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show's creative team. The first half of the season was a fast-paced, tightly plotted set-up for the second half. The second half doesn't relent for a moment, for there is not a moment to lose as the end of the season is fast approaching. Various story lines are tied up. Jesse goes berserk. Hank closes in on Heisenberg. And Walt shows his cunning time and again to get out of tight spots. I couldn't have hoped for a better last season. This is what happens when the control over a lucrative series is still in control of the creator and not the executives. If they had made some more seasons, the story would have stretched beyond reason and the charm lost. Expand
  85. Nov 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad... what can I say about this piece of art ?And what about the characters? Walter White, Heisenberg, Pinkman, Hank, Skyler? Everyone of them are so well written, and the real actors? I have nothing to say about them, they are amazing! I'm glad I saw this series, and the way it ended was perfect.
  86. Nov 8, 2013
    Breaking Bad is for the 21st century what Mozart is for the 18th century. What Van Gogh is for the 19th. This is what the human species has best to offer. It belongs in a museum.. This is the TV Series that acquitted humans for all the genocides of the past centuries. Perfection/10
  87. Oct 2, 2013
    Easily in my top 3 shows of all time and it maybe the best written show. Season 5 just continues the greatness from the previous seasons. Vince Gilligan I bow before you.
  88. Nov 12, 2013
    E foi aqui, em sua quinta e última temporada que Breaking Bad se tornou a melhor série de TV que eu já vi em toda minha vida. Cada episódio uma "season finale".
  89. Feb 26, 2014
    The best TV series that has ever been made.

No seriously... the BEST TV series that has EVER been made. The first episode is slow, but after that, just wow!
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    There is no other show like Breaking Bad in existence, like its protagonist, it should and will be remembered as time goes on, a true exemplar of realised potential.

A genuine piece of modern art, the Citizen Kane of our time.
  91. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  92. Apr 8, 2013
    There are quite a few shows out there which are extremely well done. The Wire, Sherlock...just some examples.

Then there is Breaking Bad. It's in a class of its own. I have never seen such a captivating series. The art, the acting performance, the scripting. This show sits on the throne above everything. Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's

Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's perfectly fine. But objectively, this is one master piece without any equal.
  93. Aug 6, 2015
    It's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abruptIt's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abrupt nor prolonged. The show has ended on a very respectable high. It has set new benchmarks for TV drama with it's original and captivating story, it's developed and engrossing characters and cinematography that really cannot be found anywhere else. Walter White's journey has gotten better as it's gone on. That inconsistency is only a small problem though, within a big success story. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvellous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. Breaking Bad is a brilliant show. It is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  94. Jun 13, 2013
    Without a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a veryWithout a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a very convincing drug kingpin. Gripped from start to finish. Really hoping for more, although I have no idea quite how it could continue. Please forgive me since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum. Well worth the watch. Expand
  95. Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walterMost of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walter white because he is THE anti-hero at the same time. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. So, TREAD LIGHTLY. Expand
  96. Aug 8, 2013
    All you need to know is, Season 5 (2012) Is going to win the Emmy for Best Drama Series. Season 4 Should have won, but newcomer Homeland won because it was a new series involving "terrorism" which our Nation is infatuated with.
  97. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos.Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  98. Aug 30, 2013
    This show transcends normal television series in terms of quality. Everything about this show is so perfectly written, shot, and acted that I couldn't possibly think of a single thing wrong with it. Truly a stroke of genius.
  99. Sep 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad went from 'meh' to 'good' to 'very good' to the finale of season 4 onwards where it became best tv ever, yo'. Woah. TV has no right to be this cinema-beatingly good.
  100. Oct 2, 2013
    Watched this show since the beginning, knew it was going to be special, I remember telling people, try this show and see if you like it. I have hooked at least 10 people to this show, completely amazing. Thank you Vince Gilligan and the cast/writers of Breaking Bad for stepping up the quality for TV shows. Up Ne

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]