• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Oct 26, 2014
    Breaking Bad's final season gives the show the ability to challenge the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire for the coveted title of being the greatest TV series ever. Breaking Bad finishes at the height that it well and truly deserves. The final season is by far the best, but it does go some way to effectively complimenting the seasons before it. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvelous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. It is one of the best television series' ever made, alongside previously concluded shows like The Sopranos and The Wire. In summary Breaking Bad is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,
    emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, just wow! One of the best series I've ever seen. I was feeling down during the last episodes but at the end my hands just raised upon themselves and clapped. This show deserves a 10.
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Firstly I saw the BB commercials, and I must say I didn't like it from very the beginning and almost didn't pass trough season 1. But then, something changed, it went better, and better and, well, later this TV show achieved his own Nirvana. Season 5 is the opus dei, something I could never forget and probably the best thing that came out of a TV...ever.
  5. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10 Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    One of the greatest shows of all time leaves with a bang. Season five is a perfect example on how to end up a masterpiece. Breaking bad is a spectacular show and i think everyone should watch it.
  7. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  8. Sep 25, 2014
    A Masterpiece TV Show, only this, if you didn't watch, watch it, whatever if you like comedy, drama, action, horror or romance, Breaking Bad is not only a must watch Drama TV Show, but a must watch TV Show in general, totally amazing stroy, amazing story telling, acting, chronology and cast, perfect.
  9. Sep 19, 2014
    A truly fantastic television programme. A complete and essential masterpiece of modern television. Never have I watched a drama with such depth, such intelligence, such consideration for the world it constructs. Each episode leaves you wanting more. There are so many ideas that are presented to the viewer, of which you can explore as much as you want.

The characters extend beyond a
    script and a set. There personalities seem to reflect sin, honour, loyalty, pride, death - what is right and what is wrong. I cannot praise this show enough. Truly, truly breathtaking. Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2014
    you know how its going to end, you can tell by the buildups, the change in the character.. but in the end, when the ending comes up, you still get the pang of pain, when one of your favorite character gets what he deserve... good series indeed. and will still linger in my head for awhile
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    The best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it, and if you have, you already know how incredible it really is. Expand
  12. Aug 17, 2014
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  13. Aug 10, 2014
    This has been one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's one of those shows were you need to dive into it, watch all the episodes and don't miss a single bit of it. It's truly go down as one of the best dramas on TV. So sad its finished but "All bad things must come to an end"
  14. Jul 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the greatest show ever and this final season is a testament of that. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul give two of the greatest performances in television history, the writing is as good as it gets. As the show draws towards it's end it's a roller-coaster ride filled with dark twists and turns, One is left wondering what will be the fate of Walter White?
  15. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.
  16. Jul 14, 2014
    Before the 5th season, I was in doubt about if this was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, when I saw the ending... the doubt disappeared. Drama, comedy, tension, perfect writing, very well music selecting and exemplary performance; all this is Breaking Bad.

Congratulations to all Breaking Bad team for creating this masterpiece!
  17. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo
    episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie. Expand
  18. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  19. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection !
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  20. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    The series is smart, joyful, wonderful, amazing, two thumbs up. I advice you to watch it. In season 3 there some long air. but totally one of my best TV shows.
  23. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't think I have to write a lot here. Breaking Bad is absolutely magnificent. The actors are brilliant and the plot is exciting. It's the best tv show that ever have been on tv. Just amazing.
  25. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning
    performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series! Expand
  26. May 31, 2014
    Amazing.It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted.
  27. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  28. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never has a show had such a brilliant season with little dialogue. Of course, this final season owes it's success to the development of Walt and Jessie in the first four seasons, but the true winner of season five is uncle jack, the neo-nazi who seems to want to be more powerful and more important than he actually is(sounds like good ole WW). Without the surprise impact of jack, BBS5 may have been a ordinary predictable final season. Of course Walt makes the season concrete in history as one of the best ever, as he finally comes full-circle and accepts his true identity of Heisenberg. The suspense and intertwining of so many great stories coming to an end wraps of the great show, the only reason it's not a 10 is because it had an ending at all... Expand
  29. May 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the Greatest show of our generation and one of the greatest of all times! It's just so GREAT! The show is very realistic. It's basically like the Godfather but TV Show!
    Perfect 10 out of 10!
  30. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my
    lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!! Expand
  31. May 5, 2014
    You will be kept on the edge of your seat as the insanity of Walter White's drug empire grows. It is by far the best show on television in recent years, and the final season is no exception.
  32. Apr 29, 2014
    Well, one fine day I was moaning about the end of Breaking Bad..and life after BB. My GF said "chill there will a better serial than BB"..I shouted at her and said that next time if she speaks about anything better than BB, we would have a damn break up...There can be nothing better than perfect ! Breaking Bad has left great memories to cherish..it lives in our hearts. Each and every character was amazing and interesting, and the actors who played these characters did a fine job. WALTER WHITE will be missed and PINKMAN will be remembered ..... Expand
  33. Apr 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WilemDafoeJesus aprouve that Tv Show ihsdohfsodhfosahd9fowneaoirh0apnfoa9hsd0joidsiajsdiausdijadiuaihraihndayhsduadhaeduwqhasudhaushdahsdagduahnsduay. Expand
  34. Apr 18, 2014
    Best TV show I have ever seen. It is going to be hard to make a TV show as good as this one. The last 3 episodes of this final season were suspenseful and incredible. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
  35. Apr 18, 2014
    Brilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honest sentiments on the human condition that make this series such an impacting experience. The acting, the directing, the writing, the pacing (dear God the impeccable PACING!)...all damn near perfect. Bryan Cranston is beyond captivating and his performance is so frickin' great that you can watch scenes over and over again, already knowing what happens, and still find yourself enjoying them immensely just by virtue of his presence. The Walter White story truly plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. It's more than just cool. It's operatic. And it stays with you for a long time. Probably the only television show to date that I would call a masterpiece. Just brilliant. Expand
  36. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  37. Mar 27, 2014
    Vince Gilligan, you absolute legend for creating this. A brilliant final season from my favourite TV series of all time.................. enough said.
  38. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  39. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  40. Feb 28, 2014
    A serie with a kind of emotions that makes you feel surpriced. The best TV Show that i ever seen. Just Perfect, a Master Piece! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  41. Feb 26, 2014
    The best TV series that has ever been made.

No seriously... the BEST TV series that has EVER been made. The first episode is slow, but after that, just wow!
  42. Feb 20, 2014
    Short review... but if you have never seen any Breaking Bad before it is a must watch. It is rare to find a show , series that gets better each season. Few movies/shows/games deserve a 10/10, but without a doubt, this is one of them.
  43. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  44. Feb 1, 2014
    The end couldn't be more perfect. The way Walter learns his end was the highlight of this TV series.
    The final battle to save Jesse Pinkman was also nice. The transformation of Pinkman was nicely continued over into this season
  45. Jan 26, 2014
    I can understand why so many rate the show so highly. the visuals, the acting they've got it down to a tee however despite the depth of the show i found 5 seasons of watching the same story unfold a real test of endurance, i got bored during most episodes and couldn't watch more than 2 episodes back to back.
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will
    give credit to 'Breaking Bad' for not 'dipping' like past shows where the later series' tend to seem stretched and lack a certain creativity, this show doesn't drop in fact its practically a straight line from beginning to end (which is probably why i found it such an endurance). Everyone else loves it, I appreciated and tolerated it. Expand
  46. Jan 23, 2014
    The Godfather of television. It's almost real-time, sometimes slower. In it's own pace of world that it sinks you in, without commitment to, and there's no return. Next thing you know you've watched 2 hrs of fuming drama. Written so unexpected, even if you know what is to happen, it ingeniously plays with you. A perfect summer show to get high to in the sweaty heat.
  47. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Apart from the fact that breaking bad could have had another season in it because of how packed the last episode was I was happy how breaking bad ended the way it did where walt died in the place he loved. It is sad it has ended and will look forward to better call soul. Expand
  48. Jan 17, 2014
    Breaking Bad is no tv show. It is an addictibg lifestyle and a work of art. Vince Gilligan is an artist, Bruan Cranston and Aaron Paul brilliant & the writing is second to none. Truly tbe finest series ever made.
  49. Jan 14, 2014
    Starting from the very first moments to the last seconds of final season this TV Show was the most amazing thing I watched. It keeps you in suspense from one episode to another. There might be some slight omissions, but they make it even more realistic. Great acting, great script, great production.
  50. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Breaking Bad Finale, predictable? NO
    The finale of Breaking Bad; the cleverly crafted hit television series by Vince Gilligan, has mind boggled viewers across the nation with every second through unpredictable deaths and events that not even a psychic could see coming. First of all, I would beyond recommend the entire series to all interested in a thrilling collection of episodes that all get wrapped up at the tail end; the finale. Lasting longer than its predecessors, the lengthy time is necessary to tie up all of the questioned loose ends. As the episode kicks off, Walter White (the main character better known as the kingpin drug lord called Heisenberg in the methamphetamine industry) is at a bar near his isolated temporary home where he started his new life to escape Albuquerque. He notices on the television that his former business partners who excluded him from their riches prior to Walter investing in meth have called him out in front of the public. After deciding that he should go confront them, it is apparent that he is going to kill the both of them. The first surprise that stumped me was that he pulled out his fortune from making meth and places it all out on the table instructing them to give it to his son shall he be jailed for the rest of his life due to the uncountable number of deaths that he has been responsible for. Based on Walt’s past solutions, this was a very unpredictable outcome. The next surprise comes when Walt is attempting to confirm with the two business partners that they will give the money to his son and not keep it for them and exclaims that he hired two hit men to keep an eye on the two. After a red dot appears on the chests of the two, Walt drives away and picks up the two so called “hit men” who just happen to be the two druggies from the earlier seasons that used to purchase meth from Walt! Another factor that adds into the continuous unpredictability of this episode is the constant flashbacks that Walt and Jesse tend to have such as the one where Walt remembers the ricin cigarette that was hidden at his old house or maybe the one where he flashes back to a family dinner with the head of police in Albuquerque who just so happens to be his brother in law. These two flashbacks are ironic because they bring about two very opposite occurrences that show how much Walt has “broken bad” and nobody could have seen coming. Although these two flashbacks prove that the entire series has been unpredictable, my opinion is that the last one is the most surprising compared to all of the others because of the frequency of the surprises that happen every few seconds it seems like. During this entire extravaganza I found myself on my toes and biting my finger nails with raised anxiety while trying to guess what would happen next. The next surprise of the episode was when Walt randomly shows up to his former competitors in the meth world enjoying lunch together and out of nowhere decides to pull a sly move and slip poison into one of their coffees. This is extremely unpredictable because the average viewer assumed that Walt’s drug world affiliation was terminated after he realized the destruction that occurred yet still decided to take one last jab at the competitor. I only guessed that it was because he knew his victorious run was over and he wanted his former meth product out of stock. Possibly the biggest unpredictable event occurs a few moments and a commercial later when Walter White’s wife is on the phone and hears that Walt is back in town after going missing in action and acts very astonished by this remark. She then hangs up and the camera shifts a few inches and believe it or not…Walt is standing there and it is revealed that she knew the whole time. This can be compared to the episode prior when it seems that Walt has no intentions of returning to his hometown and plans to carry out his cancer stricken life in the woods alone. This event suggests that Walt has some unfinished business to take care of back in Albuquerque. The unfinished business turns out to be settling the score with the gang members who ended his reign and in a sense got him caught and murdered his brother in law and plan to take over the drug business. After a cleverly crafted weapon of Walt’s fires hundreds of times, Walt ends up lying on the floor ducking under cover. He gets up and walks to the meth lab seeming to be unscathed but then comes the shocker. Now, everyone who was interested in this marvelous show had their own predictions about what would happen but I am sure that many had not chosen the main character of the entire 5 season series of whom many of us have come to know and love would die at the end. Yep! That’s it; Walt was grazed by a bullet and bled out ending the story to what was possibly one of the most emotionally gripping series that is most commonly compared to the famous series “the sopranos,” that I have ever watched. From not knowing who would pass on next to not knowing how it would be wrapped up, the final episode of Breaking Bad was very intriguing but most of all unpredictable.
  51. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  52. Jan 6, 2014
    Jimmy Spoiler-free reviews 2013 things: Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 2 (The Final Season) If you're worried about starting this show only to be disappointed by it's final run, I can assure you that Breaking Bad will not let you down. After season 5 part 1, honestly, I would have been surprised if the final season was flat out bad. At it's heart, BB is a show about family issues that, frankly, make a lot of the issues people might be having with theirs seem less crazy. The main character, Mr. Walter White, has built up a web of drugs, lies, and broken relationships that tangle him. The tone of this season assures you that the road to the end is grim.

Who would like Breaking Bad, particularly the final season:
    -People not bothered by occasional, but very violent scenes
    -People who enjoy a good, well written drama
    -People who don't mind their morals being questioned a bit
    -People with decent attention spans that won't cop out because of a slow point in a season
    -People who don't mind characters fighting among themselves and yelling and complaining at each other
    -People who enjoy cool montages and memorable scenes
    -People who like complex characters that might occasionally be disagreeable
    -People who enjoy a show with a wild and complex plot
    -Fans of drug related shows
    -People who enjoy tragedy
    -Fans of strong female characters
    -Fans of westerns and modern media inspired by westerns.

Who would not like Breaking Bad:
    -Anyone with a short attention span
    -People who get easily bothered with characters
    -People who don't like too crazy or violent scenes
    -People who don't like committing to 45+ minutes episodes
    -People who like shows that go on forever
    -People who like really fast paced shows
    -People who can't commit to watching through 5 seasons of a show
    -People who like knowing where a show is going to go next

Unless you're in the latter group, you'll enjoy it. I'd say 10/10 for the whole series. This season in particular is my favorite.

10/10 for Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 2
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    For some reason my review gave it 6/10, i actually gave the show 10/10! Now i must type letters until i get to one hundred and fifty characters to submit this review.
  54. Jan 4, 2014
    Fim magnífico de uma das melhores séries já feita
  55. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BB started out as an interesting, well acted, well written show. My question after each season was, "can you to this?" I am astounded and floored that this series came to a splendid end, and a finale that packaged everything up nicely. Every episode builds momentum, never a dull moment, and thoroughly entertaining especially if you have a brain. Our characters have come a long way, Jessie Pinkman in particular. To the first scene in the first episode to the pull back shot of the Dying Walter White (Heisenberg as his drug cartel name) is masterfully directed. A- Expand
  56. Dec 31, 2013
    The acting, directing, story line, and cinematography are all superb. This is by far the best series to ever hit television, and will always be remembered that way.
  57. Dec 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bryan cranston is simpley the best! This show takes time, so don't expect to finnish everyting in a day! Aaron paul and Bryan Cranston are the best actors for this show. Expand
  58. Dec 25, 2013
    Do I really have to say anything, no I don't, so I'll keep it as brief as I can, Breaking Bad, is in my mind the best television show in existence (or at least my favorite), and do I really need to explain why, do I need to explain the acting, the writing, the direction, the cinematography, the tone, the foreshadowing, no, I don't, all people need to know is: if you have seen the show, you know what I mean, if you haven't, you better watch it fast or I'll break your legs (don't worry I won't, but seriously, just... watch it) Expand
  59. Dec 20, 2013
  60. Dec 7, 2013
    At the climax of this series Breaking Bad is a hit. A world wide favorite and classic. Greatest tv show ever and will be remembered for ever. A piece of beautiful art.
  61. Nov 28, 2013
    Up to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rate it a perfect 10, having been convinced that nothing better will now ever be made. The story, acting, drama, music, cinematograph and, suspense are like nothing ever seen before. That's enough for now, I'm off to watch it for a third time. Expand
  62. Nov 26, 2013
    When I caught up to this season on Netflix, I was so scared of what would happen at the end that I stopped watching after episode 50. Then, I decided to catch up with the marathon AMC had all the way up to the series finale. I'm glad I did, because that was some of the finest television since the Venture Bros.
  63. Nov 25, 2013
    this is absolutely the best series ever made in the hole history of tv,this finale of the series couldn't be so great,i will miss breaking bad in my hole life.
  64. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most awesome thingh i've ever watched!!!! Please if are you reading this, watch BREAKING BAD. This serie is like a Michellangelo esculture in the new times.
  65. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  66. Nov 19, 2013
    WOW! I can just say wow! Breaking Bad was amazing from beginning to the end. I have really no words to describe this amazing tv show. In my opinion one of the best tv show ever made.
  67. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  68. Nov 18, 2013
    Um Coquetel Molotov de declínio. Ao longo de dois anos, Walter transformado; de um homem de família simpático com problemas de saúde, sem dinheiro e uma esposa gravida para o todo poderoso traficante Heisenberg, impulsionado pelo ego monstruoso e cruel e suficiente para eliminar qualquer um que comprometa o seu império pessoal. A trama progride como uma reação em cadeia volátil, o ritmo trágico choca os espectadores e a pergunta que não quer calar, Walt ainda bom? Expand
  69. Nov 17, 2013
    Breaking Bad is my most favorite television series, but I'm disappointed the ending. Good will Triumph Over "All" Evil is not make sense. Except for the ending, Breaking Bad is so awesome.
  70. Nov 16, 2013
    I liked every season in breaking bad but this particular season is something else it's really well made shocking in parts but thrilling in others. there is no doubt that it will win the Emmy again in 2014 especially because of "Ozymandias" episode which is my favourite I am proud to say that breaking bad is the best Tv series ever created.
  71. Nov 16, 2013
    I miss this series already and I feel that I now have a huge VOID in my Tivo lineup. I really doubt anything can beat this show but I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
  72. Nov 16, 2013
    Best TV show I have ever watched! Such a perfect last season. I didn't want the show to end, but it had to happen at some point. Such a perfect series finale as well. Now that 'Breaking Bad' is over, I have to start back on 'Dexter' & 'Game Of Thrones'. I am tearing up right now. I never wanted it to end Amazing show!
  73. Nov 14, 2013
    This is the best serie ever made! The acting, the characters, the plot, everything is really good, and this last season couldn't be different. This serie have 99.1% of purity!
  74. Nov 12, 2013
    E foi aqui, em sua quinta e última temporada que Breaking Bad se tornou a melhor série de TV que eu já vi em toda minha vida. Cada episódio uma "season finale".
  75. Nov 11, 2013
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.
    And it is extremely rare I would say that something is the best thing ever made in its category.
    So in this case, and I am 100% sure of it, Breaking Bad is the best TV Show ever made.

Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no
    spoilers, but I'm basically going to say why it made me feel as if it is the best. No other show has made me so tense, so excited to watch the next episode. Luckily for me, I watched all of it on Netflix, and most of the time I kept feeling sorry for people who had to cope with waiting a week for the next episode, and then when the season finished, a LONG time for the next handful. 6 years. That's how long some people spent watching this show, yet I only spent a month, and I loved every second of watching! If you really get into the show, you will have moments when you're up out of your seat, waiting for what's about to happen. Truly amazing.

The best thing of this show, in my opinion, is the characters. I don't think anything has ever made me empathize so much with characters of their franchise. Walt, a chemistry teacher who needs money desperately, becomes quickly evil and makes some terrible decisions. Jesse (my favourite), a young adult who hasn't had a brilliant start to his life, always ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time. And there's more, all of which you see their part and story in the show.

To sum up, if you haven't watched it watch it. There's no other option, you don't know what you're missing out on. I will really miss Breaking Bad, I'm deeply sad it's over, but also happy it could make me feel like that.
  76. Nov 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad... what can I say about this piece of art ?And what about the characters? Walter White, Heisenberg, Pinkman, Hank, Skyler? Everyone of them are so well written, and the real actors? I have nothing to say about them, they are amazing! I'm glad I saw this series, and the way it ended was perfect.
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    There is no other show like Breaking Bad in existence, like its protagonist, it should and will be remembered as time goes on, a true exemplar of realised potential.

A genuine piece of modern art, the Citizen Kane of our time.
  78. Nov 8, 2013
    An awesome tv show, with an epic end, I think breaking bad its one of the best (maybe the better) drama tv show ever.
    Epic director, writer, producer, actors and amazing episodes, Ozymandias the best ever.
  79. Nov 8, 2013
    The greatest T.V Show in history (but don't forget Game of Thrones).

I think this is just a fantastic final season to the TV Show about an over-qualified chemistry teacher who breaks bad to provide for his family after he is diagnosed with cancer. Each episode was brilliantly scripted, the acting was superb and Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White is mind-blowing. The seasons just
    get better and more nail-biting. You never know what is going to happen next.

Goodbye Breaking Bad. You will be missed.

Bring on Better Call Saul!
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    Breaking Bad is for the 21st century what Mozart is for the 18th century. What Van Gogh is for the 19th. This is what the human species has best to offer. It belongs in a museum.. This is the TV Series that acquitted humans for all the genocides of the past centuries. Perfection/10
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    Just Amazing. Can't think of words to describe it. Everything summed up perfectly, left me feeling fulfilled and happy for Walter after 5 seasons of action. Sad to see it go but glad they ended it before it started to lack quality. Easily one of my favourite shows of all time. Hopefully this could be a standard of TV that gets fulfilled a lot more from now on. 10/10
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee Expand
  83. Nov 6, 2013
    A very thrilling show that started to die out in season 4, but really came back and finished with a bang. This show had everything, emotional investment, plot line, character development, and a natural progression that just felt right. Possibly the best show of this year.
  84. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  85. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  86. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  87. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  88. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  89. Oct 31, 2013
    Breaking Bad is one of the great shows of television's.The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding.Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever
  90. Oct 29, 2013
    This season is a masterpiece. The actors are playing like top Oscars ones but on a deeper level the cinematography behind all those scenes is brilliant. All the characters are written in a complex, deep and fascinating way. The ending is perfect, finally telling us why Walt did not stop cooking even if he had lots of opportunities.
  91. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  92. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  93. Oct 28, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the most flawless show beginning to end I've ever seen. It portrays a man pushed out of his norm by a life threatening disease that makes him fearless, or "awake" in his words. I watched from the pilot to the finale, and was not once disappointed. Some people may be turned off by the utilization of drugs in the storyline, but those are shallow individuals.
  94. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  95. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  96. Oct 25, 2013
    breaking bad..what is there to say ..everything moulded in one season ..Heisenberg ..hard to describe a character like that in just few words...season may started slow ..but screenplay was very good, especially last two episodes ...jaw dropping..suspense....tension.....finally one of the most satisfied season of all the tv series ..missing it would be a great mistake
  97. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  98. Oct 22, 2013
    I couldn't stop watching it from the start. Every episode just gets better and better until it has to end. Vince Gilligan set course for one of the most brilliant shows the world may ever see.
  99. Oct 19, 2013
    The first 4 seasons feels like a guided ride to the epic conclusion of this series. Walter White transformation feels credible, charming and it lets you feel what he feels while is becoming a monster inside. You might think he always wanted redemption, but all of this made him feel alive.
  100. Oct 18, 2013
    I remember telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad during its second year. They all dismissed the television show, believing that drama revolving around a highschool teacher cooking meth had no depth to its plot.
    Boy were they wrong.
    I remember watching each season with a sense of impending doom; wondering when it would degrade in quality. But I was pleasantly surprised year after year
    with yet another improvement to the tale. Beginning as a modest television series and ending as one of the greatest dramas of all time, I'm glad to have watched this show from its humble origins to its intensely anticipated conclusion. To wrap this all up, I'd like to note that I have seen dozens upon dozens of television shows but can safely say, without a trace of doubt, that there has never been so difficult to watch a series come to a close. I'm going to miss my favorite drug lord. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]