• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Nov 6, 2013
    A very thrilling show that started to die out in season 4, but really came back and finished with a bang. This show had everything, emotional investment, plot line, character development, and a natural progression that just felt right. Possibly the best show of this year.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  6. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    Breaking Bad is one of the great shows of television's.The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding.Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    This season is a masterpiece. The actors are playing like top Oscars ones but on a deeper level the cinematography behind all those scenes is brilliant. All the characters are written in a complex, deep and fascinating way. The ending is perfect, finally telling us why Walt did not stop cooking even if he had lots of opportunities.
  9. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  10. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the most flawless show beginning to end I've ever seen. It portrays a man pushed out of his norm by a life threatening disease that makes him fearless, or "awake" in his words. I watched from the pilot to the finale, and was not once disappointed. Some people may be turned off by the utilization of drugs in the storyline, but those are shallow individuals.
  12. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would beI have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  13. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  14. Oct 25, 2013
    breaking bad..what is there to say ..everything moulded in one season ..Heisenberg ..hard to describe a character like that in just few words...season may started slow ..but screenplay was very good, especially last two episodes ...jaw dropping..suspense....tension.....finally one of the most satisfied season of all the tv series ..missing it would be a great mistake
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  16. Oct 22, 2013
    I couldn't stop watching it from the start. Every episode just gets better and better until it has to end. Vince Gilligan set course for one of the most brilliant shows the world may ever see.
  17. Oct 19, 2013
    The first 4 seasons feels like a guided ride to the epic conclusion of this series. Walter White transformation feels credible, charming and it lets you feel what he feels while is becoming a monster inside. You might think he always wanted redemption, but all of this made him feel alive.
  18. Oct 18, 2013
    I remember telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad during its second year. They all dismissed the television show, believing that drama revolving around a highschool teacher cooking meth had no depth to its plot.
    Boy were they wrong.
    Boy were they wrong.
    I remember watching each season with a sense of impending doom; wondering when it would degrade in quality. But I was pleasantly surprised year after year with yet another improvement to the tale. Beginning as a modest television series and ending as one of the greatest dramas of all time, I'm glad to have watched this show from its humble origins to its intensely anticipated conclusion. To wrap this all up, I'd like to note that I have seen dozens upon dozens of television shows but can safely say, without a trace of doubt, that there has never been so difficult to watch a series come to a close. I'm going to miss my favorite drug lord.
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    Simply the best show you can watch right now. I'm a follower since first season and it got better and better every episode. Perfect acting, story, characters depth, photography. Really, everything is just perfect. And Bryan cranston is THE actor. Watch it now and you will thank me.
  20. Oct 16, 2013
    SAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel andSAVE YOUR ACCOLADES! Watching in Ireland (TG4). I would, though, add to the accolades: it is a dread marvel. From series 1 episode 1 I thought this 'TV' exceptional. Cranston and Paul particularly wonderful in their character creations. However, justly, vying for the highest honours as it is, I would ask fans to also look at 'Bleak House', BBC production of the Charles Dickens novel and ask is this not, rather, truly the 'best of all time'. The Gilligan/Anderson overlap is bonus for observers of Kevin Bacon removes type considerations. Expand
  21. Oct 15, 2013
    Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away.Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away. Every scene is important and every moment will leave you breathless and anxious for the next episode. Breaking Bad is definitely a masterpiece. All hail the king. Expand
  22. Oct 13, 2013
    Some shows don't live up to hype. This one does. Its never too late to start watching. This show is rewarding from beginning to end. The characters, love them or hate them, will stay with you forever. Now I compare my favorite shows to this, and they just don't stack up like this show does. ALL HAIL THE KING
  23. Oct 13, 2013
    I perfect finale to a perfect show! This last season takes it all, as it contains the best episode's of any show I've ever seen in it. This is the season where we finally get to see the destruction of Walter White. I couldn't be happier with the result of the show. Although, I wonder whatever happened to Huel.
  24. Oct 13, 2013
    A masterpiece. Brilliant, suspenseful, and full of plot twists. You witness slow decline of a docile chemistry teacher into a powerful and feared drug lord. In ten years this will still be remembered as one of TV's greatest accomplishments. You have not experienced true televised art until you have watched Breaking Bad.
  25. Oct 13, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, the best tv show of the decade. Everything is freaking perfect: actors, characters, screenplay, every detail. And with the series finale Br Ba just consolidated as the best.
  26. Oct 12, 2013
    Plain and simple: ONE THE BEST DRAMA SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Breaking Bad is a work of art brilliant script, fantastic characters and flawless delivery from the directors and producers. The finale was just incredible and leaves your completely satisfied, not wanting more.
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    I really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out ofI really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out of place and it threw the whole season and the whole show off since Gus had taken over the show along with Skylar. Then everything that Mike did after that was complete they made him out to be a really intelligent hitman that would never let anyone get the best of him unless they truly were better than him, and he was about to leave town just as his character would realistically do but then Walt spouts some that Mike would never have bought but he does and somehow he ends up helping the guy that just destroyed his entire life. it made no sense. I miss the early seasons when Walt and Jesse were actually out there up on their own before Walt became Gus' and the show started focusing more on Skylar's than Walt I felt like Walt became a side character because everything kept coming back to her either something up or having to be the final decision for some stupid reason. If they had killed her off when they needed to I might have been able to bear the other uninteresting but not quite as annoying as her characters Last season jumped the shark up until that I would consider it great show not amazing, certainly not the best show ever seeing as they wrote themselves into a corner and that's why it didn't last this show should not have ended at 5 seasons. Finally I wanna bring one more thing up about the last season there were several episodes in which characters' (mainly Walt) dialogue directly points out the shows own absurdities and makes you question how stupid the entire series is, I know it's a ridiculous thing to take seriously but for a show that prides itself on originality and it's sense of realism don't have your main character openly point out how stupid he was to think that he could somehow give his family millions of dollars of drug money without it getting seized and admit that everything hes done since the start of the show was incredibly stupid. that is exactly what audiences deliberately overlook for the sake of enjoying the story without nitpicking; but when you nitpick your own show right in front of us how am i supposed to respect that. Expand
  28. Oct 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad, or as I like to call it, "The Tragedy of Walter White" is definitely one of the best TV dramas of all time. The writing, the acting and also the cinematography of the show is unlike any other. This last season has been extremely moving and an emotional experience for me and I believe that it couldn't have ended any better than it did.

If you didn't see the reference from

If you didn't see the reference from my nickname of the show, I believe that this series is the modern equivalent of Shakespeare and it has parallels with many of his works, particularly Macbeth. Ever wondered why they split season 5 into 2 parts? Or why Breaking Bad only has 5 seasons? It's to comply with the structure of a Shakespearean tragedy- all of them have 5 acts.

This TV series has to be seen for itself to be fully comprehended and appreciated. Do yourself a favour and watch this show- a showcase of all the things which make a TV show or a movie great. And season 5 is undoubtedly the series' conclusion that it deserves.
  29. Oct 10, 2013
    there won't be a show this great for a long time, sublime acting and story telling... this really is a masterpiece. i have not enjoyed a show like this since band of brothers and the wire and now it has firmly taken its spot as the best of tv shows, give this a chance, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
  30. Oct 9, 2013
    Breaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstartBreaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstart careers for a few actors like Aaron Paul. I'm really looking forward to more work by Gilligan because he has proven himself a far more capable writer than we would have imagined in our generation. Expand
  31. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  32. Oct 8, 2013
    THIS is how you end one of the best T.V. dramas ever written. My favorite T.V. show of all time used to be LOST, and even though I guess it still is, the ending of LOST left the worst taste in my soul.
  33. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER Before, have I had a television finale have as much closure then Breaking Bad did. Vince Gilligan really made us proud with this one. The amount of effort that the cast and crew put into this really shows in the final product.
  34. Oct 8, 2013
    Br Ba definitely one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Bryan Cranston's acting is spectacular and Aaron Paul has matured as an actor over the seasons. This is probably the best acting one would ever see on television. The series finale also is said to be the best finale ever.
  35. Oct 7, 2013
    breaking bad???????
    i am shocked what happend in the last.......
    woooowwwwwww.
    there is a clear different beetwin this show and lost
    bb is more better than lost
  36. Oct 7, 2013
    As Walter White breaks bad, the series of emotions of the viewer fluctuates with the characteristics of the series. The affection towards the characters Walt and Jesse soar from the first episode and continue with every season. Simply astounding an AAA class series like no other.
  37. Oct 6, 2013
    Season 5 started out rather slow,but the second half more than made up for it.....what an ending to A truly great series..They really did an incredible job of bringing the series to an end with the second half of season 5,,,just about the best television I believe I have ever seen
  38. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best season of Breaking Bad, the season finale was the most epic sh** i've ever seen, too bad Walter had to die, but we all saw it coming. and "Baby Blue" by Badfinger fit perfectly to the ending.

Goodbye Breaking Bad.
  39. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  40. Oct 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is a modern masterpiece. The greatest television drama in decades, it's an unforgettable ride from start to finish, it will be a long time until we see somehthing as good as this show again.

41. Oct 6, 2013
    El final que todos esperábamos. Para aquellos fanaticos y no tan fanaticos una obra maestra del drama que nos deja a aquellos que la seguimos por estos años un recuerdo mas que grato.
  42. Oct 5, 2013
    Breaking Bad is easily the best television show that has ever been made. This season was finely crafted and ended the show in a wonderful fashion. There were great payoffs from previous set ups which made for a satisfying ending.
  43. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  44. Oct 4, 2013
    Being probably the best drama ever seen on TV, Breaking Bad has already made history!

The satisfying finale gave the show the perfect goodbye to fans and viewers and left basically only one question unanswered: What shall we do with our lives, now that the show has ended?
  45. Oct 4, 2013
    Best show ever, there is nothing bad to say. Incomparable to anything I've seen. The character development, the storylines, the settings, the camera angles, everything is top notch. Cannot recommend this show any more. WATCH IT NOW!
  46. Oct 3, 2013
    Tense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher'sTense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher's descent into villainy as the ruthless,arrogant, and twisted Heisenberg. Bryan Cranston deserves all the credit for this and the genius of Vince Gilligan. The supporting cast is outstanding too making Breaking Bad easily one of the greatest TV experiences currently available. Expand
  47. Oct 3, 2013
    Breaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects inBreaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects in Breaking Bad. You owe it to yourself to watch atleast the first 3 episodes, after that you will want to know Walter White's full story Expand
  48. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply the greatest thing to ever come on a TV. Hands down. An absolutely amazing achievement in entertainment. Well done Breaking Bad, you will be missed.
  49. Oct 2, 2013
    Watched this show since the beginning, knew it was going to be special, I remember telling people, try this show and see if you like it. I have hooked at least 10 people to this show, completely amazing. Thank you Vince Gilligan and the cast/writers of Breaking Bad for stepping up the quality for TV shows. Up Ne
  50. Oct 2, 2013
    Easily in my top 3 shows of all time and it maybe the best written show. Season 5 just continues the greatness from the previous seasons. Vince Gilligan I bow before you.
  51. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  52. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The end of the best TV Show of all time, it's sad, depressing, all the things you were thinking from Season 1 when Walt started cooking "What's going to happen if Hank y'know his DEA Brother in law finds out?". There is many kill offs including Walt himself, Hank, Steve Gomez, Todd, Mike and many others but what I didn't expect was how they killed off Walt if you thought before the season finale "I can't wait to see who kills Walt" and it turns out, Heisenberg could only kill Walt.... Oh! What about that Machine Gun rig ey? Pretty cool. 10/10 Expand
  53. Oct 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Best Serie EVER!!!
    I already miss the next episode, Bryan the greatest actor i ever see on tv series!
    Just perfect this serie, come back MR. WHITE!
  54. Oct 1, 2013
    From the season one to the end, i am crazing about these,cant understand why people give the negative comment, this is the best tv drama i have had watch
  55. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.
  56. Sep 30, 2013
    Holy With this review I'm not only grading season 5 but also the whole series. Breaking Bad is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows in TV history. I wanna praise the cast, of course. Bryan Cranston, Aaron, Anna, they all have done amazing jobs. Spectacular tv series. Thank you, Vince Gilligan! #goodbyebreakingbad
  57. Sep 30, 2013
    This season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show'sThis season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show's creative team. The first half of the season was a fast-paced, tightly plotted set-up for the second half. The second half doesn't relent for a moment, for there is not a moment to lose as the end of the season is fast approaching. Various story lines are tied up. Jesse goes berserk. Hank closes in on Heisenberg. And Walt shows his cunning time and again to get out of tight spots. I couldn't have hoped for a better last season. This is what happens when the control over a lucrative series is still in control of the creator and not the executives. If they had made some more seasons, the story would have stretched beyond reason and the charm lost. Expand
  58. Sep 30, 2013
    The. Greatest. Show. Ever. In. The. History. Of. Television. Period.....................................................................................................................
  59. Sep 30, 2013
    There is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspectsThere is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspects of quality, bringing their best on the series finale.

The direction and the writing never felt so cohesive and beautifully done, and in terms of acting, each and every actor has reached the top os their performances, extracting the best out of the great story tha Vince has to tell. In the end, with the best working with the best, nothing else there is to expect than the perfect and completely orchestrated work of art that the TV shows have to offer
  60. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about Breaking Bad?A masterpiece?A cult classic?A symbol of a whole TV shows generation?Yes,Yes and another Yes.The final season proved that evolution exists.From just interesting to a brilliant drama,which shows us how life could change people and what is the price of such changes.Good night Mike,Hank and Walt you are in our hearts forever and we will miss you. Expand
  61. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm probably the only person who thinks this show is highly overrated. It's a matter of opinion that I never really liked any of the characters. At best, Saul made me chuckle, Walt made me wince, Jessie made me groan and Hank and Maria made me sigh. My favorite character (Gus) and my favorite season (4) were the highlights of the show. Season 5 delved into depths I didn't care about specifically, shooting and killing kids. Yes, I know it's purely fiction but it's not particularly good entertainment to me. The domestic disputes, the ultra-violence and general downward spiral of all the main characters are forgettable to me. I didn't like anyone so I won't miss anyone. The greatest story ever told? Not by a long shot. The performances are good, the camera work is excellent and creative, the music is often wisely selected but to me, the characters are nothing short of unlikeable, eye-rolling cartoons. Expand
  62. Sep 29, 2013
    You will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watchYou will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watch this show, you are truly missing out! Expand
  63. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second halfthe greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  64. Sep 28, 2013
    boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner
  65. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  66. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it,There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  67. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  68. Sep 26, 2013
    Although it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for makingAlthough it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for making everything feel so engaging and emotional. Expand
  69. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  70. Sep 25, 2013
    Excellent series, from beginning to end. I have seen many series such as The Sopranos, The Wire, The House of Cards, Lost, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and several others I can not remember, but I must say Breakin Bad has been the best series I've seen so far, beating the rest I just mentioned and many other more.
  71. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this hasI started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  72. Sep 24, 2013
    The perfect blend of Action, Comedy, Suspense and the most beautiful progression of a plot I may have ever seen Makes this season finale the most anticipated finale for me this year.
  73. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  74. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dansJusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  75. Sep 20, 2013
    It's shameful that Breaking Bad has never won an Emmy.

Obviously The Emmy Board of Directors can't just relinquish their TV's family-viewing gold standard to a show centering around drugs and horrific deaths. Hopefully the noticeable downfall of Heisenberg the meth kingpin as a lesson to all druggies in this final season will break bad for those Emmy folks this Sunday.
  76. Sep 19, 2013
    You can't get any better than what this show has done. It has been great from episode 1. Unlike some shows, Breaking Bad isn't sticking around for a crazy amount of seasons, but just enough to make a huge impact and still stay consistently great. When this show ends, it will go down in history as a masterpiece of television.
  77. Sep 19, 2013
    The best TV show ever. Awesome acting performances, remarkable plot, wonderful and complex characters. Breaking Bad is TV at it's best. I just can't wait to see the final episodes!
  78. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw
  79. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  80. Sep 18, 2013
    Sorprendente, ingeniosa, muy bien estructurada, interpretaciónes magistrales, genial en una palabra.

Además hay que felicitar a los guionistas que a pesar del éxito mundial de "Breaking Bad" no se han extendido en más temporadas,, que a veces lo único que consiguen es echar por tierra las anteriores. Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...?

Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...? sin duda
  81. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't know how the user score is JUST 9.6. How it's possible??? The final season it's the best thing than ever happend to the television! Everyone need to see it!
  82. Sep 16, 2013
    Simply the best TV show in the history. Every season gets better and better, the level is always high that you must fall in love with this series. It's all PERFECT, the acting, the characters, the screenplay. Just PERFECT. You can't find anything like this, it's a masterpiece and a must-watch.
  83. Sep 16, 2013
    Wow, holy s*#@t, just watched episode 14. This show continues to blow my mind away. I was a bundle of raw nerve endings the whole time. Far and away living up to and exceeding the standard of the previous seasons. IMHO the greatest show EVER!
  84. Sep 11, 2013
    This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring,This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring, it's essentially one masterfully set up scene after another. Everything from amazing lighting and cinematography, to the absolutely daring and unconventional background music, so tense and dark it's something out of a sci-fi horror film. Did I mention the acting is almost constantly Oscar worthy, the writing is absolutely brilliant, with essentially no plot holes or loose ends, it's the most tightly told TV show story you will ever watch, not one scene out of place. Everything is just perfect.

Yeah, it's my favorite show on TV. Best advice I can give you is stop reading this, and go watch every Season through, and if in the beginning you aren't sure right away, stick with it, it literally gets more amazing every single Season.
  85. Sep 10, 2013
    The quality of writing in this show is incomparable. The technical aspect, from clothing to the photography, and the performances give us the GREATEST show on TV ever. Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk, Michael Slovis, Michelle MacLaren, Peter Gould, you are GENIUS.
  86. Sep 10, 2013
    I'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. II'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. I give it a 10, because it brought me to the point to start loving Walter and then start hating him, to start hating Jesse and end loving him. That's just like real life. And that's priceless. I think Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it's probably that tons of people are feeling the same and for one thing... Everyone of us could be Walter or Jesse and that's exactly the point. You feel it so yours, so real, so human that there's no possible way not to love it, even need it. I will remember it and miss it, for real. Expand
  87. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few drama series I have followed on cable. It reminds me of the old Dallas series in the '80s, when you couldn't wait to see what would happen next week. Of course, this series is a lot darker and a much higher quality than Dallas ever was. I just hope there will be a spin-off as mentioned in the media. I need my BB fix every week!
  88. Sep 9, 2013
    When i first discover this Show i couldn't stop it. just watching episode after episode! and now we're here in the last season, so freaking awesome! best show ever!
  89. Sep 9, 2013
    Breaking bad est La série de ces 10 dernières années et même pour moi La serie jamais créée tout y est parfait et d'une telle intensités .

Le jeux d'acteur est parfait et la trame principale ne cesse de s'amplifier un chef d'oeuvre
  90. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Over five years, Breaking Bad has indeed become the single greatest television show in creation.

Just for a second, forget all aspects but one. Forget the dark, risky premise. Forget the affecting, mesmerizing performances. Forget the gritty, cinematic, oddly hallucinatory way that the show is shot. Forget the ingenious writing. Besides all of these, what makes Breaking Bad surpass the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, and all of the other shows with which it's constantly mentioned in the same sentence?

Shortly put: its ability to shock, amaze, and affect.

From the very beginning, Breaking Bad has taken audience expectations and trounced them with a gleeful cruelty, taking a run-down schmuck and turning him into a cold-hearted bad-ass and showing unflinchingly how this transformation has ruined the lives of countless people.

It's not enough to show that, however. Even with shows like The Wire or The Sopranos, you could sometimes predict where the action would go. With Breaking Bad, your expectations are constantly built up and trounced. You prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster by trying to convince yourself that this show can't possibly get away with doing what you think is going to happen, and it doesn't: it does something ten times worse, and your emotions are affected ten times as much; and you love every single second of it.

To see Walter White go from "Mr. Chips to Scarface" is fascinating to watch because from the first episode we are sympathetic to the character. Over the show's run, Walt has become completely reprehensible, lying to others and himself with no apparent qualms, and the audience still roots for him at some level. Vince Gilligan reportedly cast Bryan Cranston based on his performance as a somewhat sympathetic anti-Semite in the X-Files episode, "Drive," saying that only Cranston can make a completely disgusting human being sympathetic. Mr. Gilligan, when you're right, boy are you ever right...

Aaron Paul, relatively unknown at the beginning of the series, has proved himself a master of his craft. At the beginning of the series, Jesse Pinkman is an irritating, unintelligent sleaze whom you're sure will die within episodes. Over the last five seasons, completely against anyone's expectations, Jesse has become the one truly sympathetic character in the entire show. He has slowly become aware of his own intelligence and ingenuity, and his futile attempts to save lives is constantly heart-breaking. Aaron Paul, like Bryan Cranston, has never made a misstep in portraying his character's evolution.

I only have 5000 characters, so sadly I won't be able to go into the countless supporting roles that make this show even better than it would've been otherwise. Anna Gunn's put-upon, long-suffering Skyler White; Dean Norris's more-than-able DEA agent brimming with machismo; Jonathan Banks's dead-eyed, honor-bound former cop; Giancarlo Esposito's machine-like drug kingpin.... the list just goes on and on. The supporting characters are a collective who's-who of well-developed cogs in the machine that is Breaking Bad.

It's hard to believe that this show was made into what it became, in part, by a writer's strike. Originally, Jesse was to be killed near the end of the first season and Walt's descent into evil was much faster. The writer's strike of 2007-08 forced Gilligan and the other writers to reconsider, helping to change this show from a dark drama to a compelling human epic. We become more invested in the story of Walt's decent because he is sympathetic for a longer period of time, and the relationship between Walt and Jesse has become the heart of the show. Vince Gilligan and his team of true geniuses prove that television can be written like the greatest of the great plays or films. I haven't even scratched the surface regarding the symbolism, the color-coding, and the recurring motifs within the series.

I've barely scratched the surface of what makes this show the greatest in television history. I've hardly said anything that hasn't been said before.

What else can I say except that to know what everyone is raving about, you need to experience it for yourself. And it IS an experience. The likes of which probably won't be met for quite some time.
  91. Sep 7, 2013
    all characters of Br-Ba are great and they actually act so well specially Aaron paul i think some moments and episodes his move going to be stereotype and it's normal and i'm gonna deal with it.
    Bryan Cranston Show the same problems as a married man in this situation. vince gillian created one o best tv-series in the whole world i bleave end of this season will be greatest ever.
  92. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season arguably has some of the best episodes to be aired in the Breaking Bad series: the use of magnets on the police evidence storage, the train heist, the fallout from Gus' death, the attempts by both Mike and Jessie to sell off their interests; all these (and more) should keep you at the edge of your seat.

There is a slight problem, however, depending on how you look at it. Vince Gilligan seems to be determined to show that drug dealing is inherently evil. Walt hasn't just "broken bad" in terms of breaking the law; he is a villain-protagonist as of season 5. Could Walt have always been like this? Could the affable, mild-mannered, conscientious teacher, father and husband have been evil the whole time? Perhaps, but it seems mighty convenient to suit the moralistic position of the writers. Less forgiveable than character changes (which Skylar also, thankfully, has gone through), are holes in the writing. The greatest sin is the "Brock poisoning" plot a ridiculous, impossible feat pulled off by Walt in Season 4 that was ultimately inconsequential. Whilst one may have been willing to forget about it entirely, the ramifications of it become crucial in Season 5 which is just plain trying as a viewer.

Overall though, good fun, and nice set pieces. Just don't expect to get emotionally involved particularly with favourites such as Mike (who behaves uncharacteristically incautiously in his ultimate scene). It will be no surprise if Walt gets his comeuppance in the end but this is due to the Gilligan's overweening morality rather than logical design.
  93. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best drama on television. Season 5B provides incredible suspense and tension, as always. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows on television where during that glorious hour, I am glued to the TV. Skyler has become Mrs. Heisenberg, Hank has gone full cop, full badass, Jesse has caught onto Walt's However this series ends, it's going to be with a bang, and I will be there. Expand
  94. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  95. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  96. Sep 5, 2013
    Easily my favorite season thus far and maybe one of my favorite seasons of any show. As the intensity grows and everything begins to crumble, the show becomes the most riveting it has ever been.
  97. Sep 5, 2013
    Every single one of the final episodes is so good and so tense, they're basically killing me. I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm pretty sure years are being taken off of my life every Sunday night.

As always, the acting is incredible and Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy just for his scene with Walt in the desert during "Confessions".
  98. Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walterMost of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walter white because he is THE anti-hero at the same time. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. So, TREAD LIGHTLY. Expand
  99. Sep 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad went from 'meh' to 'good' to 'very good' to the finale of season 4 onwards where it became best tv ever, yo'. Woah. TV has no right to be this cinema-beatingly good.
  100. Sep 1, 2013
    This show just get's better with each season. It's great to see everything finally coming together from the earlier seasons to add to the tension and suspense of the show.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]