Breaking Bad : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    I can understand why so many rate the show so highly. the visuals, the acting they've got it down to a tee however despite the depth of the show i found 5 seasons of watching the same story unfold a real test of endurance, i got bored during most episodes and couldn't watch more than 2 episodes back to back.
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will give credit to 'Breaking Bad' for not 'dipping' like past shows where the later series' tend to seem stretched and lack a certain creativity, this show doesn't drop in fact its practically a straight line from beginning to end (which is probably why i found it such an endurance). Everyone else loves it, I appreciated and tolerated it.
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would beI have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    I really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out ofI really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out of place and it threw the whole season and the whole show off since Gus had taken over the show along with Skylar. Then everything that Mike did after that was complete they made him out to be a really intelligent hitman that would never let anyone get the best of him unless they truly were better than him, and he was about to leave town just as his character would realistically do but then Walt spouts some that Mike would never have bought but he does and somehow he ends up helping the guy that just destroyed his entire life. it made no sense. I miss the early seasons when Walt and Jesse were actually out there up on their own before Walt became Gus' and the show started focusing more on Skylar's than Walt I felt like Walt became a side character because everything kept coming back to her either something up or having to be the final decision for some stupid reason. If they had killed her off when they needed to I might have been able to bear the other uninteresting but not quite as annoying as her characters Last season jumped the shark up until that I would consider it great show not amazing, certainly not the best show ever seeing as they wrote themselves into a corner and that's why it didn't last this show should not have ended at 5 seasons. Finally I wanna bring one more thing up about the last season there were several episodes in which characters' (mainly Walt) dialogue directly points out the shows own absurdities and makes you question how stupid the entire series is, I know it's a ridiculous thing to take seriously but for a show that prides itself on originality and it's sense of realism don't have your main character openly point out how stupid he was to think that he could somehow give his family millions of dollars of drug money without it getting seized and admit that everything hes done since the start of the show was incredibly stupid. that is exactly what audiences deliberately overlook for the sake of enjoying the story without nitpicking; but when you nitpick your own show right in front of us how am i supposed to respect that. Expand
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm probably the only person who thinks this show is highly overrated. It's a matter of opinion that I never really liked any of the characters. At best, Saul made me chuckle, Walt made me wince, Jessie made me groan and Hank and Maria made me sigh. My favorite character (Gus) and my favorite season (4) were the highlights of the show. Season 5 delved into depths I didn't care about specifically, shooting and killing kids. Yes, I know it's purely fiction but it's not particularly good entertainment to me. The domestic disputes, the ultra-violence and general downward spiral of all the main characters are forgettable to me. I didn't like anyone so I won't miss anyone. The greatest story ever told? Not by a long shot. The performances are good, the camera work is excellent and creative, the music is often wisely selected but to me, the characters are nothing short of unlikeable, eye-rolling cartoons. Expand
  6. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]