• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Jul 7, 2013
    Breaking Bad, good as you know with the final 8 episodes in front of us which will (quite sadly) end probably the best TV series ever seen. I cant wait to see how this all ends and the possibilities... There are many.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    Even though it is only eight episodes. it still is better than 95% of other shows. The ending of the last episode sets up perfectly to have this show go out with a bang.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    One of the better tv dramas ever, and season 5 of Breaking Bad is one of the best seasons of any show. Ever. From the first season on, Breaking Bad delivers on the promise of great drama, incredible acting, and its stories and episodes are so well put together and complex to the point of being hard to believe how good the show really is. Absolutely recommended.
  4. Jun 13, 2013
    Without a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a veryWithout a doubt the greatest TV series I have ever watched, every series it just seems to get better. I couldn't turn off Netflix, ended up behind where I should have been with revision. I suggest you watch it when you have lots of spare time since its as addictive as crystal meth (reference intended). The acting is fantastic and the screenplay is outstanding. Bryan Cranston plays a very convincing drug kingpin. Gripped from start to finish. Really hoping for more, although I have no idea quite how it could continue. Please forgive me since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum. Well worth the watch. Expand
  5. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  6. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching this season for the third time, I'm still on the edge of my seat. This season you see more Walter White than in Season 4, I feel, rather than Heisenberg. To give up cooking for good, Walter must be returning, and Heisenberg is on his way. Like every season, it's beautifully shot, choreographed, scripted, acted, edited.. It's a shame to leave the last episode on a cliffhanger, but it's something to look forward to in Season 6. (Yes, Season 6. R.J Mitte (Walter Jr.) told a Redditor to call it as it is. Season 6.) Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    This is one of those shows that continues to get better every season and never fails to leave you speechless. This season is by far the best of the series and one of the best in the history of all tv shows. Looking forward to August to see how it will all end.
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    The best series of the last few years, no doubt. Excellently directed, acted, written and all that you want. I'm counting the seconds, waiting the last episodes.
  9. Apr 20, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  10. Apr 18, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of entertainment on TV and it's what most TV producers and directors should be looking to for advice. Supurb acting, set pieces and cinematography.
  11. Apr 8, 2013
    There are quite a few shows out there which are extremely well done. The Wire, Sherlock...just some examples.

Then there is Breaking Bad. It's in a class of its own. I have never seen such a captivating series. The art, the acting performance, the scripting. This show sits on the throne above everything. Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's

Sure, some people don't like it due to the setting and topic and that's perfectly fine. But objectively, this is one master piece without any equal.
  12. Apr 8, 2013
    Started watching this show about a month ago, watched season 1 and I was instantly hooked, 2 weeks later I've finished the first half of season five. By far the best show to ever air on TV. The cliffhanger at the end was fantastic and I can not wait for July.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    Breaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This isBreaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This is must-watch Television.Great acting,writing,cinematography throughout.Breaking Bad is the best TV show on right now,and these episodes gaurantee it's place as one of the Greatest TV shows ever constructed if not the absolute best.If you like dark,well written,excellently acted TV like The Wire,The Sopranos,Game of Thrones,Check out Breaking Bad.TV at it's absolute best. Expand
  14. Mar 6, 2013
    Superb acting. Immersing story. Awesome Direction.
    "The metamorphosis of Walter White from a High School chemistry teacher to a drug kingpin"
    This is one of the best TV shows ever made in history. The development of the plot after the end of Season 4 is commendable. It keeps you wanting for more. The end of the Half season just blows you away.
  15. Feb 6, 2013
    I try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode ofI try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode of season 5. Three months passed, and I was left with the final episode of 2012. After those three months, I told myself: 'This is the greatest season of television ever to be produced.' I try incredibly hard to avoid calling something the best but gosh darn, this show did it. Even without standout actor Giancarlo Esposito in his groundbreaking role as Gustavo Fring, this show managed to top its 2011 counterpart. In the pilot of Breaking Bad, we hear Walter give his class a quick summary of what chemistry is. growth, decay then transformation!" he says. Well, in season 5, we witnessed that transformation. Every other television show on the planet, current and past needs to hold their hands up in a surrendering fashion and say "Dear Breaking Bad, we give up. Sincerely, the rest of television" Expand
  16. Jan 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Small Spoilers!
    Walt and Jesse is back! You will not be disappointed, The series was amazing in season 1, and it just keeps getting better and better! More awesome and exciting for every episode, and the script in this season, AHHH, it's so good! The acting performances are also spotless, the development of all the characters are so interesting, and since the actors are doing such a great job, that I wasn't thinking about that it was a tv-show. 10/10 no doubt!
  17. Jan 26, 2013
    Having watched the first half of Breaking Bad season 5, I can honestly say its my favorite season so far in this series. Every single episode delivers. The character progression for Walt, Jesse, and Mike are perfect, and this is the only season that has really pulled at my heartstrings. Best show on TV. Bring on the second half!
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    Not my favorite of the breaking bad seasons but still excellent none the less. Great acting, good story, etc... This show has been consistently excellent from the beginning.
  19. Jan 7, 2013
    This season was paced pretty well and there was this over-riding feeling of something incredible happening and boy did they deliver! IN-CREDIBLE!!!
  20. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  21. Dec 23, 2012
    There are two types of people in the world: Those who love Breaking Bad, and those who have never seen it.

Although I am sad that the brilliant show is coming to an end, I feel it is for the best. Breaking Bad is a masterpiece, and if they tried to drag it out until the ratings disappeared, it would be ruining everything it's been so far. Season 5 is acting as a wrap-up to the rest of the season, bringing the story of each character to an end while maintaining the legendary writing, acting, and cinematography it is famous for. I, like most people, am extremely excited for the second half of this closing season, and the opening to the first episode of the season proves that Season 5's ending is going to once again blow everybody's mind. Vince Gilligan manages to leave viewers speechless at the end of every single episode, so you can only imagine what he will be able to do with the end of a franchise. The bottom line is that Breaking Bad is a show that will go down in history.
  22. Dec 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is one of those weird TV series that sets the bar too high and keeps it high up there, never delivering less and something blowing it way higher, the series is coming to a close, and I can't name any actor on this series whom I disliked, Bryan Cranston definitively kills it as Walter
  23. Dec 12, 2012
    I cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. IfI cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. If you have seen Walt in season 1 and Walt in season 5, you will notice the HUGE change. This is all believable by one of the best actors I have ever had the privilege to watch on TV. Honestly, maybe the best actor ever. Also, you must recognize Aron Paul for his amazing portrayal of Jesse. Actually, anyone in the show is a great actor. Some great actors have come onto this show and left a huge imprint on it. You must watch this show, if you are reading this. This show is even better than my favorite movies combined: The Godfather 1 and Part 2 in that order. I give it this title because The Godfathers lasted 6 hours accumulative, but Breaking Bad provides around 50 hours of non-stop, high quality, entertainment. Thank you Vince Gilligan. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely unreal how they are able to improve this show with every successive season. While the first episode or two might start out a bit slow, episodes 3-8 are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Can't wait for the final 8 episodes next summer!
  26. Dec 3, 2012
    I started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to comeI started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to come out, it will a bittersweet arrival, as it will mean the end for one of the best shows on television. Expand
  27. Nov 29, 2012
    In season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. TheIn season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. The writer's uncanny ability to keep the viewer highly invested in this thrilling adventure never ceases to amaze. 5 Thumbs way up! Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2012
    HANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemedHANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemed to manage just that. Without giving too much away, relationships are tested, characters die, new bonds form, and more meth is cooked (WHOOPS! SPOILERS!!). I think it should be a crime to not watch this show, maybe equal to cooking meth with the intent to distribute. If you are reading this, and do not watch Breaking Bad already, do yourself and AMC a service, and buy the show's four seasons and catch up on this Goliath of a program. Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2012
    One of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episodeOne of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episode of Homeland. It's also very cause and effect based. That being said, if season 5 seems a bit slow now, you'll see what all this building meant when the final episodes come around. Then, you'll appreciate the time it took to set up what came to happen. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five preĀ­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]