Breaking Bad : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Sep 19, 2013
    You can't get any better than what this show has done. It has been great from episode 1. Unlike some shows, Breaking Bad isn't sticking around for a crazy amount of seasons, but just enough to make a huge impact and still stay consistently great. When this show ends, it will go down in history as a masterpiece of television.
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    The best TV show ever. Awesome acting performances, remarkable plot, wonderful and complex characters. Breaking Bad is TV at it's best. I just can't wait to see the final episodes!
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    BrBa started so strong so powerful at the end you just knew what will walter do what is coming up i dont talk about directing couse it is the most directing i ever saw
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  5. Sep 18, 2013
    Sorprendente, ingeniosa, muy bien estructurada, interpretaciónes magistrales, genial en una palabra.

Además hay que felicitar a los guionistas que a pesar del éxito mundial de "Breaking Bad" no se han extendido en más temporadas,, que a veces lo único que consiguen es echar por tierra las anteriores. Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...?

Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...? sin duda
  6. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't know how the user score is JUST 9.6. How it's possible??? The final season it's the best thing than ever happend to the television! Everyone need to see it!
  7. Sep 16, 2013
    Simply the best TV show in the history. Every season gets better and better, the level is always high that you must fall in love with this series. It's all PERFECT, the acting, the characters, the screenplay. Just PERFECT. You can't find anything like this, it's a masterpiece and a must-watch.
  8. Sep 16, 2013
    Wow, holy s*#@t, just watched episode 14. This show continues to blow my mind away. I was a bundle of raw nerve endings the whole time. Far and away living up to and exceeding the standard of the previous seasons. IMHO the greatest show EVER!
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring,This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring, it's essentially one masterfully set up scene after another. Everything from amazing lighting and cinematography, to the absolutely daring and unconventional background music, so tense and dark it's something out of a sci-fi horror film. Did I mention the acting is almost constantly Oscar worthy, the writing is absolutely brilliant, with essentially no plot holes or loose ends, it's the most tightly told TV show story you will ever watch, not one scene out of place. Everything is just perfect.

Yeah, it's my favorite show on TV. Best advice I can give you is stop reading this, and go watch every Season through, and if in the beginning you aren't sure right away, stick with it, it literally gets more amazing every single Season.
  10. Sep 10, 2013
    The quality of writing in this show is incomparable. The technical aspect, from clothing to the photography, and the performances give us the GREATEST show on TV ever. Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk, Michael Slovis, Michelle MacLaren, Peter Gould, you are GENIUS.
  11. Sep 10, 2013
    I'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. II'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. I give it a 10, because it brought me to the point to start loving Walter and then start hating him, to start hating Jesse and end loving him. That's just like real life. And that's priceless. I think Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it's probably that tons of people are feeling the same and for one thing... Everyone of us could be Walter or Jesse and that's exactly the point. You feel it so yours, so real, so human that there's no possible way not to love it, even need it. I will remember it and miss it, for real. Expand
  12. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few drama series I have followed on cable. It reminds me of the old Dallas series in the '80s, when you couldn't wait to see what would happen next week. Of course, this series is a lot darker and a much higher quality than Dallas ever was. I just hope there will be a spin-off as mentioned in the media. I need my BB fix every week!
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    When i first discover this Show i couldn't stop it. just watching episode after episode! and now we're here in the last season, so freaking awesome! best show ever!
  14. Sep 9, 2013
    Breaking bad est La série de ces 10 dernières années et même pour moi La serie jamais créée tout y est parfait et d'une telle intensités .

Le jeux d'acteur est parfait et la trame principale ne cesse de s'amplifier un chef d'oeuvre
  15. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Over five years, Breaking Bad has indeed become the single greatest television show in creation.

Just for a second, forget all aspects but one. Forget the dark, risky premise. Forget the affecting, mesmerizing performances. Forget the gritty, cinematic, oddly hallucinatory way that the show is shot. Forget the ingenious writing. Besides all of these, what makes Breaking Bad surpass the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, and all of the other shows with which it's constantly mentioned in the same sentence?

Shortly put: its ability to shock, amaze, and affect.

From the very beginning, Breaking Bad has taken audience expectations and trounced them with a gleeful cruelty, taking a run-down schmuck and turning him into a cold-hearted bad-ass and showing unflinchingly how this transformation has ruined the lives of countless people.

It's not enough to show that, however. Even with shows like The Wire or The Sopranos, you could sometimes predict where the action would go. With Breaking Bad, your expectations are constantly built up and trounced. You prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster by trying to convince yourself that this show can't possibly get away with doing what you think is going to happen, and it doesn't: it does something ten times worse, and your emotions are affected ten times as much; and you love every single second of it.

To see Walter White go from "Mr. Chips to Scarface" is fascinating to watch because from the first episode we are sympathetic to the character. Over the show's run, Walt has become completely reprehensible, lying to others and himself with no apparent qualms, and the audience still roots for him at some level. Vince Gilligan reportedly cast Bryan Cranston based on his performance as a somewhat sympathetic anti-Semite in the X-Files episode, "Drive," saying that only Cranston can make a completely disgusting human being sympathetic. Mr. Gilligan, when you're right, boy are you ever right...

Aaron Paul, relatively unknown at the beginning of the series, has proved himself a master of his craft. At the beginning of the series, Jesse Pinkman is an irritating, unintelligent sleaze whom you're sure will die within episodes. Over the last five seasons, completely against anyone's expectations, Jesse has become the one truly sympathetic character in the entire show. He has slowly become aware of his own intelligence and ingenuity, and his futile attempts to save lives is constantly heart-breaking. Aaron Paul, like Bryan Cranston, has never made a misstep in portraying his character's evolution.

I only have 5000 characters, so sadly I won't be able to go into the countless supporting roles that make this show even better than it would've been otherwise. Anna Gunn's put-upon, long-suffering Skyler White; Dean Norris's more-than-able DEA agent brimming with machismo; Jonathan Banks's dead-eyed, honor-bound former cop; Giancarlo Esposito's machine-like drug kingpin.... the list just goes on and on. The supporting characters are a collective who's-who of well-developed cogs in the machine that is Breaking Bad.

It's hard to believe that this show was made into what it became, in part, by a writer's strike. Originally, Jesse was to be killed near the end of the first season and Walt's descent into evil was much faster. The writer's strike of 2007-08 forced Gilligan and the other writers to reconsider, helping to change this show from a dark drama to a compelling human epic. We become more invested in the story of Walt's decent because he is sympathetic for a longer period of time, and the relationship between Walt and Jesse has become the heart of the show. Vince Gilligan and his team of true geniuses prove that television can be written like the greatest of the great plays or films. I haven't even scratched the surface regarding the symbolism, the color-coding, and the recurring motifs within the series.

I've barely scratched the surface of what makes this show the greatest in television history. I've hardly said anything that hasn't been said before.

What else can I say except that to know what everyone is raving about, you need to experience it for yourself. And it IS an experience. The likes of which probably won't be met for quite some time.
  16. Sep 7, 2013
    all characters of Br-Ba are great and they actually act so well specially Aaron paul i think some moments and episodes his move going to be stereotype and it's normal and i'm gonna deal with it.
    Bryan Cranston Show the same problems as a married man in this situation. vince gillian created one o best tv-series in the whole world i bleave end of this season will be greatest ever.
  17. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season arguably has some of the best episodes to be aired in the Breaking Bad series: the use of magnets on the police evidence storage, the train heist, the fallout from Gus' death, the attempts by both Mike and Jessie to sell off their interests; all these (and more) should keep you at the edge of your seat.

There is a slight problem, however, depending on how you look at it. Vince Gilligan seems to be determined to show that drug dealing is inherently evil. Walt hasn't just "broken bad" in terms of breaking the law; he is a villain-protagonist as of season 5. Could Walt have always been like this? Could the affable, mild-mannered, conscientious teacher, father and husband have been evil the whole time? Perhaps, but it seems mighty convenient to suit the moralistic position of the writers. Less forgiveable than character changes (which Skylar also, thankfully, has gone through), are holes in the writing. The greatest sin is the "Brock poisoning" plot a ridiculous, impossible feat pulled off by Walt in Season 4 that was ultimately inconsequential. Whilst one may have been willing to forget about it entirely, the ramifications of it become crucial in Season 5 which is just plain trying as a viewer.

Overall though, good fun, and nice set pieces. Just don't expect to get emotionally involved particularly with favourites such as Mike (who behaves uncharacteristically incautiously in his ultimate scene). It will be no surprise if Walt gets his comeuppance in the end but this is due to the Gilligan's overweening morality rather than logical design.
  18. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best drama on television. Season 5B provides incredible suspense and tension, as always. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows on television where during that glorious hour, I am glued to the TV. Skyler has become Mrs. Heisenberg, Hank has gone full cop, full badass, Jesse has caught onto Walt's However this series ends, it's going to be with a bang, and I will be there. Expand
  19. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  20. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  21. Sep 5, 2013
    Easily my favorite season thus far and maybe one of my favorite seasons of any show. As the intensity grows and everything begins to crumble, the show becomes the most riveting it has ever been.
  22. Sep 5, 2013
    Every single one of the final episodes is so good and so tense, they're basically killing me. I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm pretty sure years are being taken off of my life every Sunday night.

As always, the acting is incredible and Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy just for his scene with Walt in the desert during "Confessions".
  23. Sep 5, 2013
    Most of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walterMost of the great tv shows' best seasons would be between the first two or three,but not this one. It just keeps getting better and better. After watching the first four episodes of the second half of this season, no matter what the ending is gonna be, i will be satisfied with it because that is the way this show has made me thrill, amaze,laugh, feel sorry for the characters (except walter white because he is THE anti-hero at the same time. This is one of the greatest tv shows of all time. So, TREAD LIGHTLY. Expand
  24. Sep 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad went from 'meh' to 'good' to 'very good' to the finale of season 4 onwards where it became best tv ever, yo'. Woah. TV has no right to be this cinema-beatingly good.
  25. Sep 1, 2013
    This show just get's better with each season. It's great to see everything finally coming together from the earlier seasons to add to the tension and suspense of the show.
  26. Aug 30, 2013
    This show transcends normal television series in terms of quality. Everything about this show is so perfectly written, shot, and acted that I couldn't possibly think of a single thing wrong with it. Truly a stroke of genius.
  27. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  28. Aug 28, 2013
    Season 5 kicks in t breakneck speed, each episode leaving me rubbing my hands together in excitement. If this season continues to a conclusion as strong as the episodes so far it will take the crown of the best television show to date.
  29. Aug 23, 2013
    The part two of the final season is very very engaging.. Because its reaping time for the character of wlater white for all the things that he has done The character has grown from a common man to a unimaginable persona that surprises you each time he is on screen. You are here for a treat because it's gonna end big and when it does be there to witness THE END.
  30. Aug 21, 2013
    Been watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of theBeen watching Walt since he saw Jesse climb out of a window in one of Hank's drug busts in season one. Bryan Cranston became a superstar and Aaron Paul forever etched his moniker on A&E world. Dean Norris who played some skinny CIA dark CO in Lawnmower Man broke down our doors as Walt's nemesis. Hollywood movies are 99 percent made for the vulgar to make money. A&E hit the end of the rainbow with Breaking Bad. Walt is gonna go out with a bang, whereas Showtime's Dexter goes out in absurdity. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]