• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Oct 26, 2014
    Breaking Bad's final season gives the show the ability to challenge the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire for the coveted title of being the greatest TV series ever. Breaking Bad finishes at the height that it well and truly deserves. The final season is by far the best, but it does go some way to effectively complimenting the seasons before it. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvelous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. It is one of the best television series' ever made, alongside previously concluded shows like The Sopranos and The Wire. In summary Breaking Bad is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,
    emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, just wow! One of the best series I've ever seen. I was feeling down during the last episodes but at the end my hands just raised upon themselves and clapped. This show deserves a 10.
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Firstly I saw the BB commercials, and I must say I didn't like it from very the beginning and almost didn't pass trough season 1. But then, something changed, it went better, and better and, well, later this TV show achieved his own Nirvana. Season 5 is the opus dei, something I could never forget and probably the best thing that came out of a TV...ever.
  5. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10 Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    One of the greatest shows of all time leaves with a bang. Season five is a perfect example on how to end up a masterpiece. Breaking bad is a spectacular show and i think everyone should watch it.
  7. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  8. Sep 25, 2014
    A Masterpiece TV Show, only this, if you didn't watch, watch it, whatever if you like comedy, drama, action, horror or romance, Breaking Bad is not only a must watch Drama TV Show, but a must watch TV Show in general, totally amazing stroy, amazing story telling, acting, chronology and cast, perfect.
  9. Sep 19, 2014
    A truly fantastic television programme. A complete and essential masterpiece of modern television. Never have I watched a drama with such depth, such intelligence, such consideration for the world it constructs. Each episode leaves you wanting more. There are so many ideas that are presented to the viewer, of which you can explore as much as you want.

The characters extend beyond a
    script and a set. There personalities seem to reflect sin, honour, loyalty, pride, death - what is right and what is wrong. I cannot praise this show enough. Truly, truly breathtaking. Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2014
    you know how its going to end, you can tell by the buildups, the change in the character.. but in the end, when the ending comes up, you still get the pang of pain, when one of your favorite character gets what he deserve... good series indeed. and will still linger in my head for awhile
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    The best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it, and if you have, you already know how incredible it really is. Expand
  12. Aug 17, 2014
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  13. Aug 10, 2014
    This has been one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's one of those shows were you need to dive into it, watch all the episodes and don't miss a single bit of it. It's truly go down as one of the best dramas on TV. So sad its finished but "All bad things must come to an end"
  14. Jul 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the greatest show ever and this final season is a testament of that. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul give two of the greatest performances in television history, the writing is as good as it gets. As the show draws towards it's end it's a roller-coaster ride filled with dark twists and turns, One is left wondering what will be the fate of Walter White?
  15. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.
  16. Jul 14, 2014
    Before the 5th season, I was in doubt about if this was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, when I saw the ending... the doubt disappeared. Drama, comedy, tension, perfect writing, very well music selecting and exemplary performance; all this is Breaking Bad.

Congratulations to all Breaking Bad team for creating this masterpiece!
  17. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo
    episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie. Expand
  18. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  19. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection !
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  20. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  22. Jun 15, 2014
    The series is smart, joyful, wonderful, amazing, two thumbs up. I advice you to watch it. In season 3 there some long air. but totally one of my best TV shows.
  23. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't think I have to write a lot here. Breaking Bad is absolutely magnificent. The actors are brilliant and the plot is exciting. It's the best tv show that ever have been on tv. Just amazing.
  25. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning
    performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series! Expand
  26. May 31, 2014
    Amazing.It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted.
  27. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  28. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never has a show had such a brilliant season with little dialogue. Of course, this final season owes it's success to the development of Walt and Jessie in the first four seasons, but the true winner of season five is uncle jack, the neo-nazi who seems to want to be more powerful and more important than he actually is(sounds like good ole WW). Without the surprise impact of jack, BBS5 may have been a ordinary predictable final season. Of course Walt makes the season concrete in history as one of the best ever, as he finally comes full-circle and accepts his true identity of Heisenberg. The suspense and intertwining of so many great stories coming to an end wraps of the great show, the only reason it's not a 10 is because it had an ending at all... Expand
  29. May 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the Greatest show of our generation and one of the greatest of all times! It's just so GREAT! The show is very realistic. It's basically like the Godfather but TV Show!
    Perfect 10 out of 10!
  30. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my
    lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]