• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  3. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,

It's tense, dark, emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    Fim magnífico de uma das melhores séries já feita
  6. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourselfSeason 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  9. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie.
  10. Sep 30, 2013
    This season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show'sThis season went in a completely different direction. Without the villains that started to line up one after the other, for revenge or for various other reasons, Walt was allowed some breathing space. His character was explored independent of his interactions with any primary antagonists. He himself becomes the main villain in a way, which I thought was done pretty decently by the show's creative team. The first half of the season was a fast-paced, tightly plotted set-up for the second half. The second half doesn't relent for a moment, for there is not a moment to lose as the end of the season is fast approaching. Various story lines are tied up. Jesse goes berserk. Hank closes in on Heisenberg. And Walt shows his cunning time and again to get out of tight spots. I couldn't have hoped for a better last season. This is what happens when the control over a lucrative series is still in control of the creator and not the executives. If they had made some more seasons, the story would have stretched beyond reason and the charm lost. Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    this is absolutely the best series ever made in the hole history of tv,this finale of the series couldn't be so great,i will miss breaking bad in my hole life.
  12. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  13. Sep 5, 2013
    Easily my favorite season thus far and maybe one of my favorite seasons of any show. As the intensity grows and everything begins to crumble, the show becomes the most riveting it has ever been.
  14. Mar 30, 2015
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  15. Oct 24, 2012
    Well, what can I say about this show? Powerful performances. Outstanding direction. Flawless screenplay. Superb characterization. Jaw dropping twists and turns. Awesome opening theme. Unusal and genuine concept. Just imagine when you mix all of the above mentioned ingredients in a single glass, what would you get? You'd get BREAKING BAD!
  16. Aug 17, 2014
  17. Dec 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was no doubt the best thing that I have ever seen in the 21st century. the first episodes pacing was quite slow and relaxed and I felt like it was going to be another rehashed season like season 4.. but it really did pick up. I was astonished by how every characters arc was paid off.. beside Jesse.. I think it would've been better to have killed him off.. eh.. anyway the conclusion to hank, walt and his family was satisfying, it was planned out so well and I absolutely love the show. This is without a doubt the best season I have ever seen.. maybe even the best show I have ever watched.. 10/10 Expand
  18. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos.Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  19. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    Clearly a show that will be missed after this season. Cranston kills his role (I actually read Matt Broderick was in line for this at one time.....WTF?) in the new season as the egomaniac in him is blooming. The tension is building but not really certain to was end-which makes it incrediably watchable.
  21. Dec 20, 2013
  22. Oct 27, 2013
    I have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would beI have to admit I didn't want to watch Breaking Bad since the show began. But when BB became a talk-about show I get curiosed about what really is Breaking Bad. I thought it was painful to see. But the last season caught my attention. It was a good show, but at the end of the series I didn't understand really why is so "excellent" for crtics and for the fans. I thought it would be addicted, but no. It's a good story, but I didn´t found the thing that make me say: "Amazing, excellent, brilliant, the best show of TV."
    Good ending, but I think the show was more for Paul's character and ot for Cranston's.
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    Best TV show I have ever watched! Such a perfect last season. I didn't want the show to end, but it had to happen at some point. Such a perfect series finale as well. Now that 'Breaking Bad' is over, I have to start back on 'Dexter' & 'Game Of Thrones'. I am tearing up right now. I never wanted it to end Amazing show!
  24. Dec 16, 2014
    It's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abruptIt's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abrupt nor prolonged. The show has ended on a very respectable high. It has set new benchmarks for TV drama with it's original and captivating story, it's developed and engrossing characters and cinematography that really cannot be found anywhere else. Walter White's journey has gotten better as it's gone on. That inconsistency is only a small problem though, within a big success story. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvellous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. Breaking Bad is a brilliant show. It is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  25. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  26. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  27. Nov 18, 2013
    Um Coquetel Molotov de declínio. Ao longo de dois anos, Walter transformado; de um homem de família simpático com problemas de saúde, sem dinheiro e uma esposa gravida para o todo poderoso traficante Heisenberg, impulsionado pelo ego monstruoso e cruel e suficiente para eliminar qualquer um que comprometa o seu império pessoal. A trama progride como uma reação em cadeia volátil, o ritmoUm Coquetel Molotov de declínio. Ao longo de dois anos, Walter transformado; de um homem de família simpático com problemas de saúde, sem dinheiro e uma esposa gravida para o todo poderoso traficante Heisenberg, impulsionado pelo ego monstruoso e cruel e suficiente para eliminar qualquer um que comprometa o seu império pessoal. A trama progride como uma reação em cadeia volátil, o ritmo trágico choca os espectadores e a pergunta que não quer calar, Walt ainda bom? Expand
  28. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  29. Sep 8, 2012
    For most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing aboutFor most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing about where the final season was headed. Also while I enjoyed the super intense Walt and Skyler scenes, Marie and Hank taking their children for such an extended period with little explanation. The train heist believability factor was also problematic for me. That being said the good far out weighed the bad. As mentioned the Walter Skyler confrontations early in the season were some of the best scenes this series has had. Mike as always was an amazing character and stole most of the plot lines he was involved in. The Walt ego factor soared through the roof, and ramped up the hate that we have been building up for his character throughout this series. And the cliff hanger at the end of this mid season will keep us all intrigued until next summer. This is shaping up to be one of the best 4 or 5 shows of all time. Expand
  30. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]