• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Sep 12, 2012
    Well, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's really extremely rare to find a series that actually improves in terms of quality with the passage of time. One minor complaint I'd like to express is the shorter order . I felt that there was a step down in pace and the development of the story. However, it was above anything-or almost anything- I have seen lately.
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    i'm in love with this show. The best part is: the lack of any bull**it. Good acting, well thought schemes/plot.
    Can only hope for many more seasons to come...
  4. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    Breaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects in Breaking Bad. You owe it to yourself to watch atleast the first 3 episodes, after that you will want to know Walter White's full story Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The realism that the director manages to create in every scene is simply outstanding, and I would never have imagined that a show could be capable of being this good. Trying to watch other good tv shows is now a futile exercise, they're just a letdown if you've watched any breaking bad recently. If any viewers can't get past the first few episodes and start to love each character then you are missing out on the best show ever made. Thoroughly rewarding, you will get emotional. Expand
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2013
    Although it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for making everything feel so engaging and emotional. Expand
  10. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  11. Jul 19, 2012
    Best show on television great writing,acting and excellent scripting It looks like its gonna be another wild ride this season .Magnets! Crazy .
  12. Aug 10, 2012
    This season is different. Walter is dead, Heisenberg has assumed his place. That alone is enough to throw off most people. If we were still on Walt's side at the end of Season 4, the writers are forcing us to hate him, if you don't already. And I'll admit that it's working.

What makes this season successful is that it actually changes the feel. We've seen Walt break bad, but he still
    lost; we still wanted him to win. Now that he's actually winning, we see the actual tyranny and what he actually has transformed into. The fact is: Walt is a villain, and if you don't understand that yet, the writers are going to make you understand it.

Fantastic cinematography, acting, writing, and overall effectiveness of character development. This season is terrifying in a completely new way that will shock some people. The main character has become the antagonist.
  13. Jul 26, 2012
    It's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. How could it be otherwise? Expand
  14. Aug 29, 2012
    Incredibly good. The pace and suspense of this season is incredible, this show really just keeps on getting better and better, and the downward spiral character progression of Walter is as clear as it is frightening.
  15. Jul 29, 2012
    This show just gets better every season! Everything about this show is superb, the acting, writing, cinematography, and direction! I will severely miss this show
  16. Oct 10, 2013
    there won't be a show this great for a long time, sublime acting and story telling... this really is a masterpiece. i have not enjoyed a show like this since band of brothers and the wire and now it has firmly taken its spot as the best of tv shows, give this a chance, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
  17. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  18. Aug 25, 2013
    One of the best shows if not the best I've ever watched. We are up to season 5, and it's just amazing how this show can top itself season after season, episode after episode. With many shows in later seasons the usual trajectory is a slow fall into mediocrity, but not Breaking Bad at all. It seems fresh every time, and still unpredictable. You really don't know what direction the main characters are heading until you see it. I don't think I've ever called a TV show a masterpiece before, but I think this one is. It's a credit to Vince Gilligan, and all of the amazing actors and production team. Even the characters with small parts to play are cast wonderfully. There's strong dramatic scenes, some hilarious moments, some breathtaking stunts, and a great commentary on life in middle class America. Expand
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    Simply the best show you can watch right now. I'm a follower since first season and it got better and better every episode. Perfect acting, story, characters depth, photography. Really, everything is just perfect. And Bryan cranston is THE actor. Watch it now and you will thank me.
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  22. Sep 1, 2012
    Honestly the best show on tv if not all time. A show that never has a dull moment, a masterpiece that should not be missed by anyone. The acting is amazing, the plot, audio and visual quality is through the roof. 10/10.
  23. Aug 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is truly breathtaking! The story is exquisite and engaging. Vince Gilligan has definitely elevated his show to new heights. I'm expecting BB to win big in the upcoming 64th Primetime Emmy Awards.
  24. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  26. Sep 6, 2012
    The narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (and brilliant). Cranston, Gilligan and the Breaking Bad crew have done the impossible with these first eight episodes: they've made Americans fall in love with an amoral meth dealer. But I think I speak for us all when I say that we wouldn't want it any other way. Expand
  27. Aug 28, 2013
    Season 5 kicks in t breakneck speed, each episode leaving me rubbing my hands together in excitement. If this season continues to a conclusion as strong as the episodes so far it will take the crown of the best television show to date.
  28. Aug 31, 2012
    The development of the characters over the years....season 5 is shaping up to be the best finale season of a show ever, which would make sense considering BB is one of the greatest shows ever.
  29. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
  30. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.
  31. Jul 16, 2012
    Now the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It's going to be a wild ride! Expand
  32. Jul 26, 2012
    I can't even began to describe, majorly, the acting and writing of Breaking Bad. Until the release of season five I simply thought that "it can't go better than this", but then i saw the first episode of season five, in the end I thought to my self that I had witness television history, pure 43 minutes of drama perfection.
  33. Apr 18, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of entertainment on TV and it's what most TV producers and directors should be looking to for advice. Supurb acting, set pieces and cinematography.
  34. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  35. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene, like the past seasons of Breaking Bad rewards those who pay close attention to detail. The very first thing you see in the premiere of breaking bad is an older Walt celebrating his 52 birthday, which if we all remember is exactly how the very first episode in season 1 began with Walt celebrating his 50th birthday, eating eggs and making a big 50 with pieces of bacon. The more attention you pay to the show, the more you'll be rewarded. By far the best drama on television. Expand
  36. Oct 3, 2013
    Tense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher's descent into villainy as the ruthless,arrogant, and twisted Heisenberg. Bryan Cranston deserves all the credit for this and the genius of Vince Gilligan. The supporting cast is outstanding too making Breaking Bad easily one of the greatest TV experiences currently available. Expand
  37. Oct 28, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the most flawless show beginning to end I've ever seen. It portrays a man pushed out of his norm by a life threatening disease that makes him fearless, or "awake" in his words. I watched from the pilot to the finale, and was not once disappointed. Some people may be turned off by the utilization of drugs in the storyline, but those are shallow individuals.
  38. Aug 12, 2013
    Best show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen the entire series from season 1 to 5A multiple times and It gets better with every viewing. Solid writing, acting, and production. It will be remembered for years to come.
  39. RFX
    Jul 15, 2012
    The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding. The twists, turns and nail-biting suspense that the show is known for? Yes ma'am. Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever.
  40. Dec 3, 2012
    I started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to come out, it will a bittersweet arrival, as it will mean the end for one of the best shows on television. Expand
  41. Sep 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back! Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  42. Aug 27, 2012
    I have found with this show after each season it just seems to get better and better and better. Season 5 is seriously proving a fantastic finish for a superb and great piece of television drama. Breaking Bad, for myself anyway will be amongst the top brass of television series with the likes of The Sopranos and the new show which shows potential The Newsroom. Have to say Bryan Cranston as Walter White has to be one of the finest pieces of acting in television history. Expand
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  44. Aug 10, 2013
    No one can explain how Gilligan manages to pack such a huge amount of tension, detail, and agony into such a fast-paced rollercoaster.
    Even though I approach it with (literally) more anticipation than I have ever approached everything in my entire life, I dread the day it ends, because that is the day I must curl up into a ball and die.
  45. Oct 5, 2013
    Breaking Bad is easily the best television show that has ever been made. This season was finely crafted and ended the show in a wonderful fashion. There were great payoffs from previous set ups which made for a satisfying ending.
  46. Aug 4, 2012
    Even if the screenplay sucked, the acting alone is worth watching for an hour every week. The scary thing is the screenplay is almost as good as the acting. The suspense, the story, and even the humor is all great. Looking forward to the rest of the season and many, many more WTF moments.
  47. Jul 30, 2012
    It's an amazing show and I love watching it (have watched it from the start) but suprisingly, This season has been rather slow paced and we have yet to be introduced to the new villain this season (whoever it may be). It's still a great show though and easily the best on TV.
  48. Jul 24, 2012
    This is the best show i have ever seen in my entire life. I watched many shows before..Cartoons,comedy,drama, all sorts of shows and all kind of shows. None of the shows in all my life time could do what this show does. From season 1 i was hook, watched all 4 seasons in 2 weeks! That's how good it is. Season 5 is no different, full of suspense, action, a bit of everything. It is an amazing show, the best show i've ever seen. Expand
  49. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best drama and one of the best TV shows of all time and i cant say enough how awesome it is and gets week after week. if you have never watched this show, do it or you have my permission to die. (just kidding).
  50. Jul 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back, boys & girls. & it's better than ever. The cast is still superb, the suspense is still nail-biting, and the plot is filled with twists & turns. I can easily tell that this will be the best season yet. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Walt & co. get into this time. I didn't want the premiere to end; It's gonna suck waiting until next Sunday for the next one. SUPERB!
  51. Oct 13, 2013
    Some shows don't live up to hype. This one does. Its never too late to start watching. This show is rewarding from beginning to end. The characters, love them or hate them, will stay with you forever. Now I compare my favorite shows to this, and they just don't stack up like this show does. ALL HAIL THE KING
  52. Dec 31, 2013
    The acting, directing, story line, and cinematography are all superb. This is by far the best series to ever hit television, and will always be remembered that way.
  53. Aug 15, 2012
    I just love that Breaking Bad still has the chemistry of all the things that has made it such a great show. I am saddened that this will be the last season so hopefully we get another tv show as great as this one. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are flawless and as Bad-A$s as ever. The Writing, Directing, and the Story keeps you wanting more of Breaking Bad.
  54. Aug 23, 2013
    The part two of the final season is very very engaging.. Because its reaping time for the character of wlater white for all the things that he has done The character has grown from a common man to a unimaginable persona that surprises you each time he is on screen. You are here for a treat because it's gonna end big and when it does be there to witness THE END.
  55. Sep 1, 2013
    This show just get's better with each season. It's great to see everything finally coming together from the earlier seasons to add to the tension and suspense of the show.
  56. Aug 12, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this short and simple:
    Breaking bad is right now a legendary show; season 5 is just the cherry on top, an absolute masterpiece about the final decadence of human nature in extreme circumstances.
  57. Dec 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is one of those weird TV series that sets the bar too high and keeps it high up there, never delivering less and something blowing it way higher, the series is coming to a close, and I can't name any actor on this series whom I disliked, Bryan Cranston definitively kills it as Walter
  58. Sep 16, 2013
    Wow, holy s*#@t, just watched episode 14. This show continues to blow my mind away. I was a bundle of raw nerve endings the whole time. Far and away living up to and exceeding the standard of the previous seasons. IMHO the greatest show EVER!
  59. Sep 9, 2013
    Breaking bad est La série de ces 10 dernières années et même pour moi La serie jamais créée tout y est parfait et d'une telle intensités .

Le jeux d'acteur est parfait et la trame principale ne cesse de s'amplifier un chef d'oeuvre
  60. Jul 18, 2012
    Perfect. I've learned to not predict where the show will go and to just enjoy the ride. The premiere was just that a crazy awesome roller coaster that fits exactly with the seasons before it.
  61. Oct 2, 2012
    Breaking Bad's fifth season is a roller coaster ride. While it is at times disjointed with a lack of consistent action, that is part of the point of the conflict between Walt's home life and his life as a kingpin. By the end of the season the show has really picked up, and the finale set a beautiful tone for the 6th season.
  62. Jul 16, 2012
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  63. Sep 10, 2012
    What can I say about season 5 of Breaking Bad? It had an extremely tough follow up to the masterpiece that was season 4, and the shortened season (actually a longer season split into two) took away from the traditional slow burn that Breaking Bad offers its viewers. In spite of this, the season is still incredibly acted, filmed, and overall still beats most anything on television this year. If there are criticisms to be had, it lays in a season that felt a tad rushed, and in the cartoonishly villainous behavior of Walter White at times, though he seemed to come down to earth at the very end of the season. This is a companion piece to the last half of the season, which I fully expect to be a 10/10. Expand
  64. Sep 8, 2012
    For most of the first half of the final season Breaking bad has been at its best. Fantastic story lines, brilliant dialogue, magnificent visuals, and the best ensemble cast on TV. Unfortunately for me they did come up short in believability on a few occasions. Most notably the first episode of the season, which I think was the worst episode of the entire series, and had me stressing about where the final season was headed. Also while I enjoyed the super intense Walt and Skyler scenes, Marie and Hank taking their children for such an extended period with little explanation. The train heist believability factor was also problematic for me. That being said the good far out weighed the bad. As mentioned the Walter Skyler confrontations early in the season were some of the best scenes this series has had. Mike as always was an amazing character and stole most of the plot lines he was involved in. The Walt ego factor soared through the roof, and ramped up the hate that we have been building up for his character throughout this series. And the cliff hanger at the end of this mid season will keep us all intrigued until next summer. This is shaping up to be one of the best 4 or 5 shows of all time. Expand
  65. Jul 16, 2012
    Pinkman and White's characters underwent too much character development between end of season 4 and first episode of season 5. Did Pinkman take a basic science class in between seasons? How did key in ignition and drain RV battery guy come up with the idea of magnets? Still my favorite TV show.
  66. Oct 6, 2013
    El final que todos esperábamos. Para aquellos fanaticos y no tan fanaticos una obra maestra del drama que nos deja a aquellos que la seguimos por estos años un recuerdo mas que grato.
  67. Nov 20, 2012
    Just fantastic! After seeing 8 episodes of the fifth season, it´s clear to all of us, Breaking Bad is one of the best TV-shows ever made. The writing is incredible (the show has memorable lines), Bryan Cranston is amazing, he´s scary and threatening, and the scenes are always so tense (and sometimes really funny, when Saul is in the scene). Breaking Bad is definitely a must-see.
  68. Oct 24, 2012
    Well, what can I say about this show? Powerful performances. Outstanding direction. Flawless screenplay. Superb characterization. Jaw dropping twists and turns. Awesome opening theme. Unusal and genuine concept. Just imagine when you mix all of the above mentioned ingredients in a single glass, what would you get? You'd get BREAKING BAD!
  69. Jul 18, 2012
    Clearly a show that will be missed after this season. Cranston kills his role (I actually read Matt Broderick was in line for this at one time.....WTF?) in the new season as the egomaniac in him is blooming. The tension is building but not really certain to was end-which makes it incrediably watchable.
  70. Aug 16, 2012
    There is a very good reason most people are calling this the best show on TV. The reason is, in fact, that this is the best show on TV. If you have never watched this show, let me put it this way. Season 1 is amazing. Season 2 is exhilarating Season 3 is tension at its best Season 4 is haunting So far Season 5 is the best one yet. The acting? Excellent. The writing? superb. The Direction? Completely and totally unmatched by even the best movies. Expand
  71. Sep 3, 2012
    The first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see an entirely different Walt, (Heisenberg has kind of taken over now). What I think is so good about this season is that it`s so different, they`re bringing new characters, new environments, new working spots, but most important is that we get to see the business/dealing from a new point of view. Mike, Jesse and Walt is now the kings of the market (at least for a while). I`d never thought they were able to keep season 5 as epic as the 4-5 last episodes of season 4, but they definitely did! Also ending this first half with a (sort of) cliffhanger -------- My rating for these 8 episodes is gonna be 9/10, with my favorite episodes being 1 & 8. Really excited to see the rest off season 5. Peace Collapse
  72. Jul 16, 2012
    the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  73. Jul 15, 2012
    Just terrific.
    Breaking Bad still the best cinematic effort of 2000s, The acting in this premiere was beyond anything we have on cinema or television nowdays (see the genius of Jonathan Banks). The super-magnet scene was more than epic.
  74. Jul 15, 2012
    Unbelievable.
    I was too septic by the overwhelming kind of reviews I´ve read to this show, so I started to watch it and, honesty, it´s the best TV show I´ve ever seen. Bryan Cranston is just superb in this role, with no flaws or overacting. Season 5 started as the BOOM we heard in the season 4 finale. It´s a marvel that surpass the greatness of The Sopranos and The Wire.
  75. Jul 15, 2012
    Impressive.
    I wasn´t expecting such a premiere. Fast, nervous, dark, tense and that leaves such a wild and wide plot chances to the future. Still the best show on television.
  76. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best show that will ever be....every season just gets better and better. the writing is perfect. the acting is perfect. who could possibly give this show a negative review?!?!
  77. Jul 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back and as good as ever. The best acting I've seen on Tv or in movies, chocked full of symbolism, and one of the few shows nowadays that you have to pay attention to. Walter White has no one to put him down any longer so I think we'll become even more acquainted with Heisenberg than with past seasons.
  78. Jul 16, 2012
    Never before has there been such a TV show (though Twin Peaks and the Sopranos came close). Breaking Bad was, is, and will continue to be an artistic marvel.
  79. Jul 17, 2012
    Before watching, I was a little concerned that the sheer anticipation for S05E01 would mean it could never really live up to expectations. I need not have worried. Amazing, on every level. The world is a better place for Breaking Bad.
  80. Sep 5, 2013
    Easily my favorite season thus far and maybe one of my favorite seasons of any show. As the intensity grows and everything begins to crumble, the show becomes the most riveting it has ever been.
  81. Jul 19, 2012
    Great show! I cant wait for the next season!! I could sit there and watch every episode in a row and never get bored. It's awesome!! Bryan Cranston is perfect, at first it was little weird but then he turned into a badass.
  82. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  83. Jul 23, 2012
    ultimate..... ultimate.....ultimate..............ultimate..................ultimate...................ultimate.........ultimate............ultimate...................ultimate
  84. Jul 22, 2012
    It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted. It had just the right balance of both answering questions left from the previous series and asking new questions of what is to come.
  85. Jul 22, 2012
    This show is simply amazing. The plot, the characters, the character development, the script, the music...they're all great. There are a few slower episodes, but the vast majority of the are action-packed and will keep you on the edge of your seat. 10.
  86. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There has been no show in television history as thrilling, or as interesting as Breaking Bad. Each season has built the tension in a plausible and intricately detailed way. I was a little worried by the season 5 opener. The caper slash buddy story with the humorous character at the junk yard stretched the series hard won credibility a bit too much. Whipping up an untraceable Uhaul truck and driving into a Police facility just days after a major incident seems a little too "A-Team" for my taste. I am reassured by the second season 5 episode "Madrigal". The thoughtful plotting, great acting, as well the traditional Breaking Bad attention to detail is what makes the series stand out. Mike is a complex, 3 dimensional character, neither all good or all bad. Glad to see him get more screen time. Walter's scene with Skyler was downright chilling. Expand
  87. Jul 25, 2012
    Arguably the greatest drama of the 21st century. Captivated by Vince Gilligan's amazing writing and Bryan Cranston's performance as drug kingpin Walter White, Breaking Bad has set the standard for what true quality television should be. And the best part? It's only gotten better and better as each season passes by, constantly having ourselves question the decisions Mr. White decides to make.
  88. Jul 27, 2012
    With season 4's brilliance being such a tough act to follow, I was thrilled to see Season 5 keeping up the deep, dark intensity and gripping unpredictable plot that got so many of us addicted to this nailbiting series. Breaking Bad never fails to entertain to the max!
  89. Jul 27, 2012
    Most shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one at season 4. So now I am very surprised to see season 5, but hey that is really hot. Expand
  90. Sep 30, 2013
    Holy With this review I'm not only grading season 5 but also the whole series. Breaking Bad is undoubtedly one of the greatest shows in TV history. I wanna praise the cast, of course. Bryan Cranston, Aaron, Anna, they all have done amazing jobs. Spectacular tv series. Thank you, Vince Gilligan! #goodbyebreakingbad
  91. Aug 3, 2012
    great show. i think this quote from Wikipedia says all that needs to be said.Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time.[4][5] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100,[54] the second season scored 85/100,[55] the third season scored 89/100[56] the fourth season scored 96/100,[57] and the fifth season scored 98/100 prior to the first episode being screened.[58] The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011.[59][60] Expand
  92. Aug 7, 2012
    this show is amazing!!! all the characters are fabulous! you never gonna be bored during the show. i miss the time each episode! each time i think the show is just 20 minutes.
  93. Oct 3, 2012
    The first half of Breaking Bad's fifth season may not be the roller coaster ride that Season 4 was, but it did an excellent job at setting the stage for the final half of the season which will undoubtedly be the biggest roller coaster ride television may ever see.
  94. Jan 7, 2013
    This season was paced pretty well and there was this over-riding feeling of something incredible happening and boy did they deliver! IN-CREDIBLE!!!
  95. Oct 8, 2013
    THIS is how you end one of the best T.V. dramas ever written. My favorite T.V. show of all time used to be LOST, and even though I guess it still is, the ending of LOST left the worst taste in my soul.
  96. Aug 17, 2012
    Let me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosen better, and the suspense is intense. If you're already a fan of the previous seasons, this season will not disappoint. Expand
  97. Nov 16, 2013
    I liked every season in breaking bad but this particular season is something else it's really well made shocking in parts but thrilling in others. there is no doubt that it will win the Emmy again in 2014 especially because of "Ozymandias" episode which is my favourite I am proud to say that breaking bad is the best Tv series ever created.
  98. Aug 22, 2012
    After four seasons, Breaking Bad continues the gripping story, unique direction all brought to life with flawless acting. How does the fifth season remain as good as the first? I have no idea --- but the luster remains. Easily one of the best dramas on television and worthy of your time.
  99. Aug 22, 2012
    Having been turned on the the show earlier this summer, I quickly breezed through seasons 1-4 and caught up to 5 just in time to watch the premiere. All I can say is, "WOW." Each season gets better and better, with the current being the swan song. The train episode was fantastic and kept me on the end of my seat while the rest are almost as enjoyable. I have never stumbled upon a series with as much dramatic and suspenseful depth and Breaking Bad is Vince Gilligan's ace in the hole. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]