• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Now the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It'sNow the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It's going to be a wild ride! Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2012
    Just terrific.
    Breaking Bad still the best cinematic effort of 2000s, The acting in this premiere was beyond anything we have on cinema or television nowdays (see the genius of Jonathan Banks). The super-magnet scene was more than epic.
  3. RFX
    Jul 15, 2012
    The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding. The twists, turns and nail-biting suspense that the show is known for? Yes ma'am. Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  5. Jul 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back, boys & girls. & it's better than ever. The cast is still superb, the suspense is still nail-biting, and the plot is filled with twists & turns. I can easily tell that this will be the best season yet. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Walt & co. get into this time. I didn't want the premiere to end; It's gonna suck waiting until next Sunday for the next one. SUPERB!
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  7. Jul 15, 2012
    Unbelievable.
    I was too septic by the overwhelming kind of reviews I´ve read to this show, so I started to watch it and, honesty, it´s the best TV show I´ve ever seen. Bryan Cranston is just superb in this role, with no flaws or overacting. Season 5 started as the BOOM we heard in the season 4 finale. It´s a marvel that surpass the greatness of The Sopranos and The Wire.
  8. Jul 15, 2012
    Impressive.
    I wasn´t expecting such a premiere. Fast, nervous, dark, tense and that leaves such a wild and wide plot chances to the future. Still the best show on television.
  9. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.
  10. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene, like the past seasons of Breaking Bad rewards those who pay close attention to detail. The very first thing you see in the premiere of breaking bad is an older Walt celebrating his 52 birthday, which if we all remember is exactly how the very first episode in season 1 began with Walt celebrating his 50th birthday, eating eggs and making a big 50 with pieces of bacon. The more attention you pay to the show, the more you'll be rewarded. By far the best drama on television. Expand
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best show that will ever be....every season just gets better and better. the writing is perfect. the acting is perfect. who could possibly give this show a negative review?!?!
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back and as good as ever. The best acting I've seen on Tv or in movies, chocked full of symbolism, and one of the few shows nowadays that you have to pay attention to. Walter White has no one to put him down any longer so I think we'll become even more acquainted with Heisenberg than with past seasons.
  13. Jul 16, 2012
    Never before has there been such a TV show (though Twin Peaks and the Sopranos came close). Breaking Bad was, is, and will continue to be an artistic marvel.
  14. Aug 27, 2012
    I'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This isI'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This is truly benchmark TV against which all others should be judged. The acting, the cinematography, the writing, all about as close to perfect as TV gets. Thank you Breaking Bad for making my rising cable bill actually worth it. Expand
  15. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  16. Jul 26, 2012
    I can't even began to describe, majorly, the acting and writing of Breaking Bad. Until the release of season five I simply thought that "it can't go better than this", but then i saw the first episode of season five, in the end I thought to my self that I had witness television history, pure 43 minutes of drama perfection.
  17. Aug 12, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this short and simple:
    Breaking bad is right now a legendary show; season 5 is just the cherry on top, an absolute masterpiece about the final decadence of human nature in extreme circumstances.
  18. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There has been no show in television history as thrilling, or as interesting as Breaking Bad. Each season has built the tension in a plausible and intricately detailed way. I was a little worried by the season 5 opener. The caper slash buddy story with the humorous character at the junk yard stretched the series hard won credibility a bit too much. Whipping up an untraceable Uhaul truck and driving into a Police facility just days after a major incident seems a little too "A-Team" for my taste. I am reassured by the second season 5 episode "Madrigal". The thoughtful plotting, great acting, as well the traditional Breaking Bad attention to detail is what makes the series stand out. Mike is a complex, 3 dimensional character, neither all good or all bad. Glad to see him get more screen time. Walter's scene with Skyler was downright chilling. Expand
  19. Jul 25, 2012
    Arguably the greatest drama of the 21st century. Captivated by Vince Gilligan's amazing writing and Bryan Cranston's performance as drug kingpin Walter White, Breaking Bad has set the standard for what true quality television should be. And the best part? It's only gotten better and better as each season passes by, constantly having ourselves question the decisions Mr. White decides to make.
  20. Jul 27, 2012
    With season 4's brilliance being such a tough act to follow, I was thrilled to see Season 5 keeping up the deep, dark intensity and gripping unpredictable plot that got so many of us addicted to this nailbiting series. Breaking Bad never fails to entertain to the max!
  21. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of theBreaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  22. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The realism that the director manages to create in every scene is simply outstanding, and I would never have imagined that a show could be capable of being this good. Trying to watch other good tv shows is now a futile exercise, they're just a letdown if you've watched any breaking bad recently. If any viewers can't get past the first few episodes and start to love each character then you are missing out on the best show ever made. Thoroughly rewarding, you will get emotional. Expand
  23. Jul 19, 2012
    Best show on television great writing,acting and excellent scripting It looks like its gonna be another wild ride this season .Magnets! Crazy .
  24. Jul 26, 2012
    It's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. HowIt's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. How could it be otherwise? Expand
  25. Aug 25, 2013
    One of the best shows if not the best I've ever watched. We are up to season 5, and it's just amazing how this show can top itself season after season, episode after episode. With many shows in later seasons the usual trajectory is a slow fall into mediocrity, but not Breaking Bad at all. It seems fresh every time, and still unpredictable. You really don't know what direction the mainOne of the best shows if not the best I've ever watched. We are up to season 5, and it's just amazing how this show can top itself season after season, episode after episode. With many shows in later seasons the usual trajectory is a slow fall into mediocrity, but not Breaking Bad at all. It seems fresh every time, and still unpredictable. You really don't know what direction the main characters are heading until you see it. I don't think I've ever called a TV show a masterpiece before, but I think this one is. It's a credit to Vince Gilligan, and all of the amazing actors and production team. Even the characters with small parts to play are cast wonderfully. There's strong dramatic scenes, some hilarious moments, some breathtaking stunts, and a great commentary on life in middle class America. Expand
  26. Aug 12, 2013
    Best show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen the entire series from season 1 to 5A multiple times and It gets better with every viewing. Solid writing, acting, and production. It will be remembered for years to come.
  27. Aug 15, 2012
    I just love that Breaking Bad still has the chemistry of all the things that has made it such a great show. I am saddened that this will be the last season so hopefully we get another tv show as great as this one. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are flawless and as Bad-A$s as ever. The Writing, Directing, and the Story keeps you wanting more of Breaking Bad.
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    The part two of the final season is very very engaging.. Because its reaping time for the character of wlater white for all the things that he has done The character has grown from a common man to a unimaginable persona that surprises you each time he is on screen. You are here for a treat because it's gonna end big and when it does be there to witness THE END.
  29. Jul 18, 2012
    Perfect. I've learned to not predict where the show will go and to just enjoy the ride. The premiere was just that a crazy awesome roller coaster that fits exactly with the seasons before it.
  30. Jul 27, 2012
    Most shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one atMost shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one at season 4. So now I am very surprised to see season 5, but hey that is really hot. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five preĀ­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]