• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  6. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  11. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  12. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  14. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  16. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  17. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dansJusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  18. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  19. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this hasI started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  21. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it,There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  23. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second halfthe greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  24. Sep 30, 2013
    The. Greatest. Show. Ever. In. The. History. Of. Television. Period.....................................................................................................................
  25. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.
  26. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  27. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  28. Oct 4, 2013
    Being probably the best drama ever seen on TV, Breaking Bad has already made history!

The satisfying finale gave the show the perfect goodbye to fans and viewers and left basically only one question unanswered: What shall we do with our lives, now that the show has ended?
  29. Oct 12, 2013
    Plain and simple: ONE THE BEST DRAMA SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Breaking Bad is a work of art brilliant script, fantastic characters and flawless delivery from the directors and producers. The finale was just incredible and leaves your completely satisfied, not wanting more.
  30. Oct 13, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, the best tv show of the decade. Everything is freaking perfect: actors, characters, screenplay, every detail. And with the series finale Br Ba just consolidated as the best.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]