Breaking Bad : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Sep 3, 2012
    The first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see anThe first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see an entirely different Walt, (Heisenberg has kind of taken over now). What I think is so good about this season is that it`s so different, they`re bringing new characters, new environments, new working spots, but most important is that we get to see the business/dealing from a new point of view. Mike, Jesse and Walt is now the kings of the market (at least for a while). I`d never thought they were able to keep season 5 as epic as the 4-5 last episodes of season 4, but they definitely did! Also ending this first half with a (sort of) cliffhanger -------- My rating for these 8 episodes is gonna be 9/10, with my favorite episodes being 1 & 8. Really excited to see the rest off season 5. Peace Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  3. Aug 17, 2012
    Let me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosenLet me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosen better, and the suspense is intense. If you're already a fan of the previous seasons, this season will not disappoint. Expand
  4. Sep 13, 2012
    IV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was IIV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was I think one of the best scenes in the entire shows history. The whole cooking in tented houses , the excellent methlamyne heist and the final scene of ep 8. Are pure class. I'm not at all impressed with how long we've got to wait to see the last 8 eps. Talk about keepin the viewer on tenterhooks. It's bad enough hiatus's in shows lasting about a month. But 12 months is a real pain in the arse. But to finish. My point is that if viewing figures are down by around 20%. They can't have been much of a bb fan in the first place. Cos with tv programmes of this class. I doubt it could even be improved upon. It's a masterclass in everything from the storylines , the script , the casting. , directing and definitely the acting. It's easily the best programme on tv. And iv had to have every episode of every season off the net. Cos it aint shown in the uk. Which is a joke , and an awful lot of British viewers are missing out big time. On one of the all time best tv programmes ever produced. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  7. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  9. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    Breaking Bad is for the 21st century what Mozart is for the 18th century. What Van Gogh is for the 19th. This is what the human species has best to offer. It belongs in a museum.. This is the TV Series that acquitted humans for all the genocides of the past centuries. Perfection/10
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  15. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  16. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    Though, ignoring those two factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10
  18. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  19. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  21. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  22. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  23. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dansJusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  24. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  25. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this hasI started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  27. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it,There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  28. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second halfthe greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  30. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]