• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. RFX
    Jul 15, 2012
    The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding. The twists, turns and nail-biting suspense that the show is known for? Yes ma'am. Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Now the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It'sNow the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It's going to be a wild ride! Expand
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  5. Jul 15, 2012
    Just terrific.
    Breaking Bad still the best cinematic effort of 2000s, The acting in this premiere was beyond anything we have on cinema or television nowdays (see the genius of Jonathan Banks). The super-magnet scene was more than epic.
  6. Jul 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back, boys & girls. & it's better than ever. The cast is still superb, the suspense is still nail-biting, and the plot is filled with twists & turns. I can easily tell that this will be the best season yet. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Walt & co. get into this time. I didn't want the premiere to end; It's gonna suck waiting until next Sunday for the next one. SUPERB!
  7. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of theBreaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2013
    Best show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen the entire series from season 1 to 5A multiple times and It gets better with every viewing. Solid writing, acting, and production. It will be remembered for years to come.
  9. Aug 15, 2012
    I just love that Breaking Bad still has the chemistry of all the things that has made it such a great show. I am saddened that this will be the last season so hopefully we get another tv show as great as this one. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are flawless and as Bad-A$s as ever. The Writing, Directing, and the Story keeps you wanting more of Breaking Bad.
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    The part two of the final season is very very engaging.. Because its reaping time for the character of wlater white for all the things that he has done The character has grown from a common man to a unimaginable persona that surprises you each time he is on screen. You are here for a treat because it's gonna end big and when it does be there to witness THE END.
  11. Jul 18, 2012
    Perfect. I've learned to not predict where the show will go and to just enjoy the ride. The premiere was just that a crazy awesome roller coaster that fits exactly with the seasons before it.
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    HANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemedHANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemed to manage just that. Without giving too much away, relationships are tested, characters die, new bonds form, and more meth is cooked (WHOOPS! SPOILERS!!). I think it should be a crime to not watch this show, maybe equal to cooking meth with the intent to distribute. If you are reading this, and do not watch Breaking Bad already, do yourself and AMC a service, and buy the show's four seasons and catch up on this Goliath of a program. Expand
  13. Aug 12, 2013
    This is by far, yes yes by far the best television show on right now, and it is heavily in the debate for best show of all time. So intelligently written and brilliantly acted. Season 5 ep. 9 was on par with the rest of the series. The scene in the garage was incredible. You can clearly see that these actors are so invested in their characters, its a joy to watch.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back! Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    Pinkman and White's characters underwent too much character development between end of season 4 and first episode of season 5. Did Pinkman take a basic science class in between seasons? How did key in ignition and drain RV battery guy come up with the idea of magnets? Still my favorite TV show.
  16. Sep 20, 2013
    It's shameful that Breaking Bad has never won an Emmy.

Obviously The Emmy Board of Directors can't just relinquish their TV's family-viewing gold standard to a show centering around drugs and horrific deaths. Hopefully the noticeable downfall of Heisenberg the meth kingpin as a lesson to all druggies in this final season will break bad for those Emmy folks this Sunday.
  17. Sep 12, 2012
    Well, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's really extremely rare to find a series that actually improves in terms of quality with the passage of time. One minor complaint I'd like to express is the shorter order . I felt that there was a step down in pace and the development of the story. However, it was above anything-or almost anything- I have seen lately.
  18. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  19. Dec 3, 2012
    I started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to comeI started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to come out, it will a bittersweet arrival, as it will mean the end for one of the best shows on television. Expand
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    Clearly a show that will be missed after this season. Cranston kills his role (I actually read Matt Broderick was in line for this at one time.....WTF?) in the new season as the egomaniac in him is blooming. The tension is building but not really certain to was end-which makes it incrediably watchable.
  21. Jul 17, 2012
    Before watching, I was a little concerned that the sheer anticipation for S05E01 would mean it could never really live up to expectations. I need not have worried. Amazing, on every level. The world is a better place for Breaking Bad.
  22. Jul 19, 2012
    Great show! I cant wait for the next season!! I could sit there and watch every episode in a row and never get bored. It's awesome!! Bryan Cranston is perfect, at first it was little weird but then he turned into a badass.
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    It would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had theIt would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. The writing is spectacular, and the acting even moreso. The subject matter, while morbid and disturbing, is incredibly fascinating and makes for the best drama I've ever seen on a television program. Every actor, every writer, every person involved in making this brilliant show have been at the top of their game since the first episode, and more impressive still they've managed to constantly outdo themselves with each new season, as the show draws towards its, in all likelihood, thrilling and awful conclusion. If you haven't watched this show yet, steer clear of the current season 5. However you must, go to season 1 and start there, at the beginning of this wild ride and let it take you in its clutches and thrill you with each and every episode. Expand
  24. rah
    Oct 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless.Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless. I highly recommend watching this exceptional season and this outstanding television series. Breaking Bad is definitely the best show on modern television. Expand
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    Oh.My.God. I love how Breaking Bad just gets better from episode to episode and season to season! The first half of the fifth season is absolutely outstanding in every way.. there is nothing to say about the acting because Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul lead the series like it's the last thing they are going to do on earth. The best series and the best season ever filmed! Amazing..
    Yeah
    Yeah **** Magnets!
  26. Nov 1, 2012
    Talk about captivating the imagination, and presenting science (chemistry in this series) as a more interesting subject to the people. I enjoyed the story telling, easy to watch and it was fantastic.
  27. Sep 5, 2013
    Every single one of the final episodes is so good and so tense, they're basically killing me. I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm pretty sure years are being taken off of my life every Sunday night.

As always, the acting is incredible and Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy just for his scene with Walt in the desert during "Confessions".
  28. Sep 10, 2013
    I'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. II'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. I give it a 10, because it brought me to the point to start loving Walter and then start hating him, to start hating Jesse and end loving him. That's just like real life. And that's priceless. I think Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it's probably that tons of people are feeling the same and for one thing... Everyone of us could be Walter or Jesse and that's exactly the point. You feel it so yours, so real, so human that there's no possible way not to love it, even need it. I will remember it and miss it, for real. Expand
  29. Sep 10, 2013
    The quality of writing in this show is incomparable. The technical aspect, from clothing to the photography, and the performances give us the GREATEST show on TV ever. Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk, Michael Slovis, Michelle MacLaren, Peter Gould, you are GENIUS.
  30. Sep 11, 2013
    This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring,This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring, it's essentially one masterfully set up scene after another. Everything from amazing lighting and cinematography, to the absolutely daring and unconventional background music, so tense and dark it's something out of a sci-fi horror film. Did I mention the acting is almost constantly Oscar worthy, the writing is absolutely brilliant, with essentially no plot holes or loose ends, it's the most tightly told TV show story you will ever watch, not one scene out of place. Everything is just perfect.

Yeah, it's my favorite show on TV. Best advice I can give you is stop reading this, and go watch every Season through, and if in the beginning you aren't sure right away, stick with it, it literally gets more amazing every single Season.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five preĀ­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]