• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Sep 12, 2012
    Well, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's really extremely rare to find a series that actually improves in terms of quality with the passage of time. One minor complaint I'd like to express is the shorter order . I felt that there was a step down in pace and the development of the story. However, it was above anything-or almost anything- I have seen lately.
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    i'm in love with this show. The best part is: the lack of any bull**it. Good acting, well thought schemes/plot.
    Can only hope for many more seasons to come...
  4. Aug 30, 2013
    Holy cow. Holy mackerel. Holy moley. This is just the most amazingly entertaining show. Without a doubt, BB is the best show ever made. The characters... the acting... the music... the story... the drama... the tension... If you don't watch this show, you should.
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    Breaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects in Breaking Bad. You owe it to yourself to watch atleast the first 3 episodes, after that you will want to know Walter White's full story Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The realism that the director manages to create in every scene is simply outstanding, and I would never have imagined that a show could be capable of being this good. Trying to watch other good tv shows is now a futile exercise, they're just a letdown if you've watched any breaking bad recently. If any viewers can't get past the first few episodes and start to love each character then you are missing out on the best show ever made. Thoroughly rewarding, you will get emotional. Expand
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Season 5 is a huge moral battle that dives deep into the fleeting Walter White as the Heisenberg villain fights to take over and destroy all that Walt has tried to build for himself and his family. This season is dark, very dark at times, and if you can stomach the twisted nature that is surely indicative of hardened criminal life when competition comes into play, you'll find yourself both shocked and awed well beyond anything other experience you'll have on TV around the same time. Season 5 backs down momentarily from the massive adrenaline-fueled close of season 4 to reset and rebuild the foundation upon which the entire series will hang its hat upon. The cast turns in the best the show has to offer and, when the train finally takes off, there's nothing to stop the intense and chaotic progression until the final minutes of the series finale. Bravo to the writers, cast, producers and everyone else involved here. This is TV at its best. Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2013
    Although it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for making everything feel so engaging and emotional. Collapse
  10. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  11. Jul 19, 2012
    Best show on television great writing,acting and excellent scripting It looks like its gonna be another wild ride this season .Magnets! Crazy .
  12. Aug 10, 2012
    This season is different. Walter is dead, Heisenberg has assumed his place. That alone is enough to throw off most people. If we were still on Walt's side at the end of Season 4, the writers are forcing us to hate him, if you don't already. And I'll admit that it's working.

What makes this season successful is that it actually changes the feel. We've seen Walt break bad, but he still
    lost; we still wanted him to win. Now that he's actually winning, we see the actual tyranny and what he actually has transformed into. The fact is: Walt is a villain, and if you don't understand that yet, the writers are going to make you understand it.

Fantastic cinematography, acting, writing, and overall effectiveness of character development. This season is terrifying in a completely new way that will shock some people. The main character has become the antagonist.
  13. Jul 26, 2012
    It's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. How could it be otherwise? Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2012
    This show just gets better every season! Everything about this show is superb, the acting, writing, cinematography, and direction! I will severely miss this show
  15. Oct 10, 2013
    there won't be a show this great for a long time, sublime acting and story telling... this really is a masterpiece. i have not enjoyed a show like this since band of brothers and the wire and now it has firmly taken its spot as the best of tv shows, give this a chance, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
  16. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,
    emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece. Expand
  17. Sep 17, 2012
    It's impossible to to say that a television has achieved perfection, but Breaking Bad has come as close as we'll ever get. Bryan Cranston is a revelation as usual, Aaron Paul is brilliant and the rest of the cast compliments them flawlessly. It's going to be tough to let this one go.
  18. Aug 25, 2013
    One of the best shows if not the best I've ever watched. We are up to season 5, and it's just amazing how this show can top itself season after season, episode after episode. With many shows in later seasons the usual trajectory is a slow fall into mediocrity, but not Breaking Bad at all. It seems fresh every time, and still unpredictable. You really don't know what direction the main characters are heading until you see it. I don't think I've ever called a TV show a masterpiece before, but I think this one is. It's a credit to Vince Gilligan, and all of the amazing actors and production team. Even the characters with small parts to play are cast wonderfully. There's strong dramatic scenes, some hilarious moments, some breathtaking stunts, and a great commentary on life in middle class America. Expand
  19. Oct 17, 2013
    Simply the best show you can watch right now. I'm a follower since first season and it got better and better every episode. Perfect acting, story, characters depth, photography. Really, everything is just perfect. And Bryan cranston is THE actor. Watch it now and you will thank me.
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  22. Sep 1, 2012
    Honestly the best show on tv if not all time. A show that never has a dull moment, a masterpiece that should not be missed by anyone. The acting is amazing, the plot, audio and visual quality is through the roof. 10/10.
  23. Aug 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is truly breathtaking! The story is exquisite and engaging. Vince Gilligan has definitely elevated his show to new heights. I'm expecting BB to win big in the upcoming 64th Primetime Emmy Awards.
  24. Oct 2, 2013
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Every bit as entertaining as the previous four seasons as the final credits rolled it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    My God... this show. Everyone is/was talking about Breaking Bad and it's worth the hype. It's just... I don't know what it is. Something about this show is so addicting. Well, of course you get a good show if it has good actors, good writing etc. but Breaking Bad has more. It's definitely worth watching!
  26. Sep 6, 2012
    The narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (and brilliant). Cranston, Gilligan and the Breaking Bad crew have done the impossible with these first eight episodes: they've made Americans fall in love with an amoral meth dealer. But I think I speak for us all when I say that we wouldn't want it any other way. Expand
  27. Aug 28, 2013
    Season 5 kicks in t breakneck speed, each episode leaving me rubbing my hands together in excitement. If this season continues to a conclusion as strong as the episodes so far it will take the crown of the best television show to date.
  28. Aug 31, 2012
    The development of the characters over the years....season 5 is shaping up to be the best finale season of a show ever, which would make sense considering BB is one of the greatest shows ever.
  29. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  30. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]