• Network: AMC
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. RFX
    Jul 15, 2012
    The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding. The twists, turns and nail-biting suspense that the show is known for? Yes ma'am. Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Now the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It'sNow the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It's going to be a wild ride! Expand
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  5. Jul 15, 2012
    Just terrific.
    Breaking Bad still the best cinematic effort of 2000s, The acting in this premiere was beyond anything we have on cinema or television nowdays (see the genius of Jonathan Banks). The super-magnet scene was more than epic.
  6. Jul 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back, boys & girls. & it's better than ever. The cast is still superb, the suspense is still nail-biting, and the plot is filled with twists & turns. I can easily tell that this will be the best season yet. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Walt & co. get into this time. I didn't want the premiere to end; It's gonna suck waiting until next Sunday for the next one. SUPERB!
  7. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of theBreaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2013
    Best show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen the entire series from season 1 to 5A multiple times and It gets better with every viewing. Solid writing, acting, and production. It will be remembered for years to come.
  9. Aug 15, 2012
    I just love that Breaking Bad still has the chemistry of all the things that has made it such a great show. I am saddened that this will be the last season so hopefully we get another tv show as great as this one. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are flawless and as Bad-A$s as ever. The Writing, Directing, and the Story keeps you wanting more of Breaking Bad.
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    The part two of the final season is very very engaging.. Because its reaping time for the character of wlater white for all the things that he has done The character has grown from a common man to a unimaginable persona that surprises you each time he is on screen. You are here for a treat because it's gonna end big and when it does be there to witness THE END.
  11. Jul 18, 2012
    Perfect. I've learned to not predict where the show will go and to just enjoy the ride. The premiere was just that a crazy awesome roller coaster that fits exactly with the seasons before it.
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    HANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemedHANDS DOWN the best show on television. Season 5 stands to up the ante more than any one prior, with fantastic twists, incredibly tense moments, more great standout music to fit the scenes properly, and acting that can't be beat. I personally came out of season 4 saying that there was no way to top the amazing conclusion to one of the greatest television seasons ever, but they have seemed to manage just that. Without giving too much away, relationships are tested, characters die, new bonds form, and more meth is cooked (WHOOPS! SPOILERS!!). I think it should be a crime to not watch this show, maybe equal to cooking meth with the intent to distribute. If you are reading this, and do not watch Breaking Bad already, do yourself and AMC a service, and buy the show's four seasons and catch up on this Goliath of a program. Expand
  13. Aug 12, 2013
    This is by far, yes yes by far the best television show on right now, and it is heavily in the debate for best show of all time. So intelligently written and brilliantly acted. Season 5 ep. 9 was on par with the rest of the series. The scene in the garage was incredible. You can clearly see that these actors are so invested in their characters, its a joy to watch.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back! Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    Pinkman and White's characters underwent too much character development between end of season 4 and first episode of season 5. Did Pinkman take a basic science class in between seasons? How did key in ignition and drain RV battery guy come up with the idea of magnets? Still my favorite TV show.
  16. Sep 20, 2013
    It's shameful that Breaking Bad has never won an Emmy.

Obviously The Emmy Board of Directors can't just relinquish their TV's family-viewing gold standard to a show centering around drugs and horrific deaths. Hopefully the noticeable downfall of Heisenberg the meth kingpin as a lesson to all druggies in this final season will break bad for those Emmy folks this Sunday.
  17. Sep 12, 2012
    Well, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's really extremely rare to find a series that actually improves in terms of quality with the passage of time. One minor complaint I'd like to express is the shorter order . I felt that there was a step down in pace and the development of the story. However, it was above anything-or almost anything- I have seen lately.
  18. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  19. Dec 3, 2012
    I started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to comeI started watching Breaking Bad one weekend, and didn't stop until I had caught up. It is probably my favorite show of all time. Unlike many shows of lesser quality, it is truly unpredictable, and I rarely find myself beating the show to the punchline. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing, it's just an amazing show. Although I cannot wait for the second half of season 5 to come out, it will a bittersweet arrival, as it will mean the end for one of the best shows on television. Expand
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    Clearly a show that will be missed after this season. Cranston kills his role (I actually read Matt Broderick was in line for this at one time.....WTF?) in the new season as the egomaniac in him is blooming. The tension is building but not really certain to was end-which makes it incrediably watchable.
  21. Jul 17, 2012
    Before watching, I was a little concerned that the sheer anticipation for S05E01 would mean it could never really live up to expectations. I need not have worried. Amazing, on every level. The world is a better place for Breaking Bad.
  22. Jul 19, 2012
    Great show! I cant wait for the next season!! I could sit there and watch every episode in a row and never get bored. It's awesome!! Bryan Cranston is perfect, at first it was little weird but then he turned into a badass.
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    It would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had theIt would sound reactionary to go so far as to say that Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time, or even the greatest I've ever seen. I won't go so far as to give it the former title for the simple reason that I haven't seen a lot of the great, highly regarded shows out there, old and new. I will, however, give it the distinction of being the greatest show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. The writing is spectacular, and the acting even moreso. The subject matter, while morbid and disturbing, is incredibly fascinating and makes for the best drama I've ever seen on a television program. Every actor, every writer, every person involved in making this brilliant show have been at the top of their game since the first episode, and more impressive still they've managed to constantly outdo themselves with each new season, as the show draws towards its, in all likelihood, thrilling and awful conclusion. If you haven't watched this show yet, steer clear of the current season 5. However you must, go to season 1 and start there, at the beginning of this wild ride and let it take you in its clutches and thrill you with each and every episode. Expand
  24. rah
    Oct 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless.Breaking Bad is still the greatest show in my opinion. It's plot, characters, and acting far surpass anything on contemporary television. Each season is fantastic, and this one is no exception. What stands out the most though, is watching the series come to fruition. We can see the converging story lines about to collide, and the manner in which this is done has left the viewer speechless. I highly recommend watching this exceptional season and this outstanding television series. Breaking Bad is definitely the best show on modern television. Expand
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    Oh.My.God. I love how Breaking Bad just gets better from episode to episode and season to season! The first half of the fifth season is absolutely outstanding in every way.. there is nothing to say about the acting because Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul lead the series like it's the last thing they are going to do on earth. The best series and the best season ever filmed! Amazing..
    Yeah
    Yeah **** Magnets!
  26. Nov 1, 2012
    Talk about captivating the imagination, and presenting science (chemistry in this series) as a more interesting subject to the people. I enjoyed the story telling, easy to watch and it was fantastic.
  27. Sep 5, 2013
    Every single one of the final episodes is so good and so tense, they're basically killing me. I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm pretty sure years are being taken off of my life every Sunday night.

As always, the acting is incredible and Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy just for his scene with Walt in the desert during "Confessions".
  28. Sep 10, 2013
    I'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. II'm kinda ashamed at this point. So many people told me to watch it long time ago and I didn't, cause I'm not used to watch TV Series, not because they're bad or boring, just because I'm not the type of person that will wait every week to watch something. I started watching Breaking Bad like a month ago and just cause my boyfriend told me to. He's kinda crazy for it. Now I see the point. I give it a 10, because it brought me to the point to start loving Walter and then start hating him, to start hating Jesse and end loving him. That's just like real life. And that's priceless. I think Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it's probably that tons of people are feeling the same and for one thing... Everyone of us could be Walter or Jesse and that's exactly the point. You feel it so yours, so real, so human that there's no possible way not to love it, even need it. I will remember it and miss it, for real. Collapse
  29. Sep 10, 2013
    The quality of writing in this show is incomparable. The technical aspect, from clothing to the photography, and the performances give us the GREATEST show on TV ever. Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk, Michael Slovis, Michelle MacLaren, Peter Gould, you are GENIUS.
  30. Sep 11, 2013
    This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring,This show will be remembered and watched a long time from now. It's extremely ambitious, at once totally contemporary and at the same time very old school film-making. The scenes linger, always longer than they would do in any other show. The tracking/continuous shots of pure drama never fails to amplify the intensity. The 40 minute run-time makes sure that the show never becomes boring, it's essentially one masterfully set up scene after another. Everything from amazing lighting and cinematography, to the absolutely daring and unconventional background music, so tense and dark it's something out of a sci-fi horror film. Did I mention the acting is almost constantly Oscar worthy, the writing is absolutely brilliant, with essentially no plot holes or loose ends, it's the most tightly told TV show story you will ever watch, not one scene out of place. Everything is just perfect.

Yeah, it's my favorite show on TV. Best advice I can give you is stop reading this, and go watch every Season through, and if in the beginning you aren't sure right away, stick with it, it literally gets more amazing every single Season.
  31. Aug 29, 2012
    i'm in love with this show. The best part is: the lack of any bull**it. Good acting, well thought schemes/plot.
    Can only hope for many more seasons to come...
  32. Aug 28, 2012
    Breaking Bad is truly breathtaking! The story is exquisite and engaging. Vince Gilligan has definitely elevated his show to new heights. I'm expecting BB to win big in the upcoming 64th Primetime Emmy Awards.
  33. Aug 31, 2012
    The development of the characters over the years....season 5 is shaping up to be the best finale season of a show ever, which would make sense considering BB is one of the greatest shows ever.
  34. Apr 18, 2013
    This is the pinnacle of entertainment on TV and it's what most TV producers and directors should be looking to for advice. Supurb acting, set pieces and cinematography.
  35. Oct 6, 2013
    El final que todos esperábamos. Para aquellos fanaticos y no tan fanaticos una obra maestra del drama que nos deja a aquellos que la seguimos por estos años un recuerdo mas que grato.
  36. Jul 22, 2012
    It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted. It had just the right balance of both answering questions left from the previous series and asking new questions of what is to come.
  37. Nov 24, 2012
    One of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episodeOne of the best shows created thus far. Some may feel it's a bit slow, but you have to understand the show is incredibly detailed. Any of the big mind-blowing, can't believe they just did that, Jesus Christ I need to call someone and talk about this stuff is all done in single strides, and are only dished out a little at a time. The suspense is built, it's not constant like in an episode of Homeland. It's also very cause and effect based. That being said, if season 5 seems a bit slow now, you'll see what all this building meant when the final episodes come around. Then, you'll appreciate the time it took to set up what came to happen. Expand
  38. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best season of Breaking Bad, the season finale was the most epic sh** i've ever seen, too bad Walter had to die, but we all saw it coming. and "Baby Blue" by Badfinger fit perfectly to the ending.

Goodbye Breaking Bad.
  39. Oct 8, 2013
    Br Ba definitely one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Bryan Cranston's acting is spectacular and Aaron Paul has matured as an actor over the seasons. This is probably the best acting one would ever see on television. The series finale also is said to be the best finale ever.
  40. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't know how the user score is JUST 9.6. How it's possible??? The final season it's the best thing than ever happend to the television! Everyone need to see it!
  41. Sep 19, 2013
    The best TV show ever. Awesome acting performances, remarkable plot, wonderful and complex characters. Breaking Bad is TV at it's best. I just can't wait to see the final episodes!
  42. Sep 19, 2013
    You can't get any better than what this show has done. It has been great from episode 1. Unlike some shows, Breaking Bad isn't sticking around for a crazy amount of seasons, but just enough to make a huge impact and still stay consistently great. When this show ends, it will go down in history as a masterpiece of television.
  43. Oct 22, 2013
    I couldn't stop watching it from the start. Every episode just gets better and better until it has to end. Vince Gilligan set course for one of the most brilliant shows the world may ever see.
  44. Oct 17, 2013
    Simply the best show you can watch right now. I'm a follower since first season and it got better and better every episode. Perfect acting, story, characters depth, photography. Really, everything is just perfect. And Bryan cranston is THE actor. Watch it now and you will thank me.
  45. Oct 5, 2013
    Breaking Bad is easily the best television show that has ever been made. This season was finely crafted and ended the show in a wonderful fashion. There were great payoffs from previous set ups which made for a satisfying ending.
  46. Sep 1, 2013
    This show just get's better with each season. It's great to see everything finally coming together from the earlier seasons to add to the tension and suspense of the show.
  47. Sep 16, 2013
    Wow, holy s*#@t, just watched episode 14. This show continues to blow my mind away. I was a bundle of raw nerve endings the whole time. Far and away living up to and exceeding the standard of the previous seasons. IMHO the greatest show EVER!
  48. Sep 9, 2013
    Breaking bad est La série de ces 10 dernières années et même pour moi La serie jamais créée tout y est parfait et d'une telle intensités .

Le jeux d'acteur est parfait et la trame principale ne cesse de s'amplifier un chef d'oeuvre
  49. Nov 20, 2012
    Just fantastic! After seeing 8 episodes of the fifth season, it´s clear to all of us, Breaking Bad is one of the best TV-shows ever made. The writing is incredible (the show has memorable lines), Bryan Cranston is amazing, he´s scary and threatening, and the scenes are always so tense (and sometimes really funny, when Saul is in the scene). Breaking Bad is definitely a must-see.
  50. Aug 16, 2012
    There is a very good reason most people are calling this the best show on TV. The reason is, in fact, that this is the best show on TV. If you have never watched this show, let me put it this way.

Season 1 is amazing. Season 2 is exhilarating Season 3 is tension at its best Season 4 is haunting So far Season 5 is the best one yet. The acting? Excellent. The writing? superb. The

Season 1 is amazing.
    Season 2 is exhilarating
    Season 3 is tension at its best
    Season 4 is haunting
    So far Season 5 is the best one yet.

The acting? Excellent. The writing? superb. The Direction? Completely and totally unmatched by even the best movies.
  51. Sep 5, 2013
    Easily my favorite season thus far and maybe one of my favorite seasons of any show. As the intensity grows and everything begins to crumble, the show becomes the most riveting it has ever been.
  52. Aug 22, 2012
    Having been turned on the the show earlier this summer, I quickly breezed through seasons 1-4 and caught up to 5 just in time to watch the premiere. All I can say is, "WOW." Each season gets better and better, with the current being the swan song. The train episode was fantastic and kept me on the end of my seat while the rest are almost as enjoyable. I have never stumbled upon a seriesHaving been turned on the the show earlier this summer, I quickly breezed through seasons 1-4 and caught up to 5 just in time to watch the premiere. All I can say is, "WOW." Each season gets better and better, with the current being the swan song. The train episode was fantastic and kept me on the end of my seat while the rest are almost as enjoyable. I have never stumbled upon a series with as much dramatic and suspenseful depth and Breaking Bad is Vince Gilligan's ace in the hole. Expand
  53. Sep 2, 2012
    OUTSTANDING Series... Great Acting and Captivating Storytelling~!!! Too bad it's slated to end. Cinematography is top-notch and greatly adds to the overall experience of breaking bad.
  54. Sep 4, 2012
    Never before has Breaking Bad made me as nervous, angry, sad, terrified, and overjoyed all at the same time. The acting, the writing, and the directing are the best on television. My only complaint is that it's ending.
  55. Sep 19, 2012
    Every episode is superbly written, and it ends with a big surprise every week. The directing, the acting, and the script all come together to make a masterpiece. I haven't gone an episode without being hooked into the show. When the commercials start, I count the seconds until the break ends. This is by far the best season of Breaking Bad!
  56. Aug 12, 2013
    Breaking Bad is and will remain the best drama series of the last decade. Writing, acting, direction... The show of Vince Gilligan has truly everything you could want. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  58. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely unreal how they are able to improve this show with every successive season. While the first episode or two might start out a bit slow, episodes 3-8 are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Can't wait for the final 8 episodes next summer!
  59. Dec 12, 2012
    I cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. IfI cannot believe the run, but it has been a hell of one. Thank you everyone on the show. I cannot wait for the season premiere, yet I am scared of it because I think I know what will happen... Also, it is ending; so, that is really depressing when I think about it because this show has provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. The acting in this show is just unbelievable. If you have seen Walt in season 1 and Walt in season 5, you will notice the HUGE change. This is all believable by one of the best actors I have ever had the privilege to watch on TV. Honestly, maybe the best actor ever. Also, you must recognize Aron Paul for his amazing portrayal of Jesse. Actually, anyone in the show is a great actor. Some great actors have come onto this show and left a huge imprint on it. You must watch this show, if you are reading this. This show is even better than my favorite movies combined: The Godfather 1 and Part 2 in that order. I give it this title because The Godfathers lasted 6 hours accumulative, but Breaking Bad provides around 50 hours of non-stop, high quality, entertainment. Thank you Vince Gilligan. Expand
  60. Sep 30, 2013
    There is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspectsThere is nothing better than to see such a great season, a final season, to masterfully wrap up the ending of one of the greatest stories ever told. After the finale of season 4 the entire crew of the production has learned a lot, and is very noticed throughout the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Michelle Maclaren, Vince Gilligan, everyone has pushed the bar even higher in the aspects of quality, bringing their best on the series finale.

The direction and the writing never felt so cohesive and beautifully done, and in terms of acting, each and every actor has reached the top os their performances, extracting the best out of the great story tha Vince has to tell. In the end, with the best working with the best, nothing else there is to expect than the perfect and completely orchestrated work of art that the TV shows have to offer
  61. Dec 23, 2012
    There are two types of people in the world: Those who love Breaking Bad, and those who have never seen it.

Although I am sad that the brilliant show is coming to an end, I feel it is for the best. Breaking Bad is a masterpiece, and if they tried to drag it out until the ratings disappeared, it would be ruining everything it's been so far. Season 5 is acting as a wrap-up to the rest of the season, bringing the story of each character to an end while maintaining the legendary writing, acting, and cinematography it is famous for. I, like most people, am extremely excited for the second half of this closing season, and the opening to the first episode of the season proves that Season 5's ending is going to once again blow everybody's mind. Vince Gilligan manages to leave viewers speechless at the end of every single episode, so you can only imagine what he will be able to do with the end of a franchise. The bottom line is that Breaking Bad is a show that will go down in history.
  62. Sep 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Over five years, Breaking Bad has indeed become the single greatest television show in creation.

Just for a second, forget all aspects but one. Forget the dark, risky premise. Forget the affecting, mesmerizing performances. Forget the gritty, cinematic, oddly hallucinatory way that the show is shot. Forget the ingenious writing. Besides all of these, what makes Breaking Bad surpass the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, and all of the other shows with which it's constantly mentioned in the same sentence?

Shortly put: its ability to shock, amaze, and affect.

From the very beginning, Breaking Bad has taken audience expectations and trounced them with a gleeful cruelty, taking a run-down schmuck and turning him into a cold-hearted bad-ass and showing unflinchingly how this transformation has ruined the lives of countless people.

It's not enough to show that, however. Even with shows like The Wire or The Sopranos, you could sometimes predict where the action would go. With Breaking Bad, your expectations are constantly built up and trounced. You prepare yourself for the emotional roller coaster by trying to convince yourself that this show can't possibly get away with doing what you think is going to happen, and it doesn't: it does something ten times worse, and your emotions are affected ten times as much; and you love every single second of it.

To see Walter White go from "Mr. Chips to Scarface" is fascinating to watch because from the first episode we are sympathetic to the character. Over the show's run, Walt has become completely reprehensible, lying to others and himself with no apparent qualms, and the audience still roots for him at some level. Vince Gilligan reportedly cast Bryan Cranston based on his performance as a somewhat sympathetic anti-Semite in the X-Files episode, "Drive," saying that only Cranston can make a completely disgusting human being sympathetic. Mr. Gilligan, when you're right, boy are you ever right...

Aaron Paul, relatively unknown at the beginning of the series, has proved himself a master of his craft. At the beginning of the series, Jesse Pinkman is an irritating, unintelligent sleaze whom you're sure will die within episodes. Over the last five seasons, completely against anyone's expectations, Jesse has become the one truly sympathetic character in the entire show. He has slowly become aware of his own intelligence and ingenuity, and his futile attempts to save lives is constantly heart-breaking. Aaron Paul, like Bryan Cranston, has never made a misstep in portraying his character's evolution.

I only have 5000 characters, so sadly I won't be able to go into the countless supporting roles that make this show even better than it would've been otherwise. Anna Gunn's put-upon, long-suffering Skyler White; Dean Norris's more-than-able DEA agent brimming with machismo; Jonathan Banks's dead-eyed, honor-bound former cop; Giancarlo Esposito's machine-like drug kingpin.... the list just goes on and on. The supporting characters are a collective who's-who of well-developed cogs in the machine that is Breaking Bad.

It's hard to believe that this show was made into what it became, in part, by a writer's strike. Originally, Jesse was to be killed near the end of the first season and Walt's descent into evil was much faster. The writer's strike of 2007-08 forced Gilligan and the other writers to reconsider, helping to change this show from a dark drama to a compelling human epic. We become more invested in the story of Walt's decent because he is sympathetic for a longer period of time, and the relationship between Walt and Jesse has become the heart of the show. Vince Gilligan and his team of true geniuses prove that television can be written like the greatest of the great plays or films. I haven't even scratched the surface regarding the symbolism, the color-coding, and the recurring motifs within the series.

I've barely scratched the surface of what makes this show the greatest in television history. I've hardly said anything that hasn't been said before.

What else can I say except that to know what everyone is raving about, you need to experience it for yourself. And it IS an experience. The likes of which probably won't be met for quite some time.
  63. Jan 26, 2013
    Having watched the first half of Breaking Bad season 5, I can honestly say its my favorite season so far in this series. Every single episode delivers. The character progression for Walt, Jesse, and Mike are perfect, and this is the only season that has really pulled at my heartstrings. Best show on TV. Bring on the second half!
  64. Jan 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Small Spoilers!
    Walt and Jesse is back! You will not be disappointed, The series was amazing in season 1, and it just keeps getting better and better! More awesome and exciting for every episode, and the script in this season, AHHH, it's so good! The acting performances are also spotless, the development of all the characters are so interesting, and since the actors are doing such a great job, that I wasn't thinking about that it was a tv-show. 10/10 no doubt!
  65. Feb 6, 2013
    I try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode ofI try to dismiss the idea of a show that keeps getting better and better, one that continues to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time. However, after the incredible 13 hours of television I witnessed in the year 2011 called 'Breaking Bad: season 4', I simply had to put this at the top of the list. Then 2012 came, I sat on my couch and eagerly awaiting the first episode of season 5. Three months passed, and I was left with the final episode of 2012. After those three months, I told myself: 'This is the greatest season of television ever to be produced.' I try incredibly hard to avoid calling something the best but gosh darn, this show did it. Even without standout actor Giancarlo Esposito in his groundbreaking role as Gustavo Fring, this show managed to top its 2011 counterpart. In the pilot of Breaking Bad, we hear Walter give his class a quick summary of what chemistry is. growth, decay then transformation!" he says. Well, in season 5, we witnessed that transformation. Every other television show on the planet, current and past needs to hold their hands up in a surrendering fashion and say "Dear Breaking Bad, we give up. Sincerely, the rest of television" Expand
  66. Sep 29, 2013
    You will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watchYou will never find a show as interesting as Breaking Bad. The character development throughout the series is just amazing. The actors and writing were phenomenal. It is sad seeing this show finish and I can say without a doubt that the was the best TV series I have ever watched. Breaking Bad takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, action, and morale dilemma. If you don't watch this show, you are truly missing out! Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2013
    Superb acting. Immersing story. Awesome Direction.
    "The metamorphosis of Walter White from a High School chemistry teacher to a drug kingpin"
    This is one of the best TV shows ever made in history. The development of the plot after the end of Season 4 is commendable. It keeps you wanting for more. The end of the Half season just blows you away.
  68. Apr 1, 2013
    Breaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This isBreaking Bad season 5 is a perfectly orchestrated lesson in tension and overwhelming dread.As the series nears it's end,one can't help to feel that on any frame everything can and will fall apart.Walter White after the murder or Gus Fring decides to go back into cooking the purest Crystal Meth available in the U.S. This season is Walt's rise to power before his inevitable fall.This is must-watch Television.Great acting,writing,cinematography throughout.Breaking Bad is the best TV show on right now,and these episodes gaurantee it's place as one of the Greatest TV shows ever constructed if not the absolute best.If you like dark,well written,excellently acted TV like The Wire,The Sopranos,Game of Thrones,Check out Breaking Bad.TV at it's absolute best. Expand
  69. Apr 8, 2013
    Started watching this show about a month ago, watched season 1 and I was instantly hooked, 2 weeks later I've finished the first half of season five. By far the best show to ever air on TV. The cliffhanger at the end was fantastic and I can not wait for July.
  70. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply the greatest thing to ever come on a TV. Hands down. An absolutely amazing achievement in entertainment. Well done Breaking Bad, you will be missed.
  71. Apr 25, 2013
    The best series of the last few years, no doubt. Excellently directed, acted, written and all that you want. I'm counting the seconds, waiting the last episodes.
  72. Apr 27, 2013
    This is one of those shows that continues to get better every season and never fails to leave you speechless. This season is by far the best of the series and one of the best in the history of all tv shows. Looking forward to August to see how it will all end.
  73. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching this season for the third time, I'm still on the edge of my seat. This season you see more Walter White than in Season 4, I feel, rather than Heisenberg. To give up cooking for good, Walter must be returning, and Heisenberg is on his way. Like every season, it's beautifully shot, choreographed, scripted, acted, edited.. It's a shame to leave the last episode on a cliffhanger, but it's something to look forward to in Season 6. (Yes, Season 6. R.J Mitte (Walter Jr.) told a Redditor to call it as it is. Season 6.) Expand
  74. Jul 25, 2013
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is proves what a powerhouse drama Breaking Bad can be. S3, S4 and S5 are fantastically acted, brilliantly constructed, with pitch perfect story telling. Seeing the evolution of Walter White or Jesse Pinkman or any of the other characters from S1 to S5 is phenomenal. I can't wait for the last half of S5 to come back on.
  75. Jun 18, 2013
    One of the better tv dramas ever, and season 5 of Breaking Bad is one of the best seasons of any show. Ever. From the first season on, Breaking Bad delivers on the promise of great drama, incredible acting, and its stories and episodes are so well put together and complex to the point of being hard to believe how good the show really is. Absolutely recommended.
  76. Jul 7, 2013
    Breaking Bad, good as you know with the final 8 episodes in front of us which will (quite sadly) end probably the best TV series ever seen. I cant wait to see how this all ends and the possibilities... There are many.
  77. Aug 10, 2013
    Just brilliant. One of the best TV series ever made. What can i say more? Great, great, great. Addicting characters, addicting script, addicting directing... There is nothing i can say bad about this ABSOLUTELY brilliant show!

Can't wait to more days, come here fast, Heisenberg!
  78. Aug 13, 2013
    Once you start watching the Breaking Bad series, you become yet another rat attracted to this magical Pied Piper of brilliance. The final season adds much-deserving credence to why it simply is the best. The way in which the show maintains absolute consistency in quality, episode after episode, getting excitingly darker, is stunning. Bringing in the much-needed winds of change into theOnce you start watching the Breaking Bad series, you become yet another rat attracted to this magical Pied Piper of brilliance. The final season adds much-deserving credence to why it simply is the best. The way in which the show maintains absolute consistency in quality, episode after episode, getting excitingly darker, is stunning. Bringing in the much-needed winds of change into the annals of cinematic history, Breaking Bad graced the celluloid in a way no other work has ever done, setting benchmarks that may never be matched. Expand
  79. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about Breaking Bad?A masterpiece?A cult classic?A symbol of a whole TV shows generation?Yes,Yes and another Yes.The final season proved that evolution exists.From just interesting to a brilliant drama,which shows us how life could change people and what is the price of such changes.Good night Mike,Hank and Walt you are in our hearts forever and we will miss you. Expand
  80. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best drama on television. Season 5B provides incredible suspense and tension, as always. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows on television where during that glorious hour, I am glued to the TV. Skyler has become Mrs. Heisenberg, Hank has gone full cop, full badass, Jesse has caught onto Walt's However this series ends, it's going to be with a bang, and I will be there. Expand
  81. Sep 7, 2013
    all characters of Br-Ba are great and they actually act so well specially Aaron paul i think some moments and episodes his move going to be stereotype and it's normal and i'm gonna deal with it.
    Bryan Cranston Show the same problems as a married man in this situation. vince gillian created one o best tv-series in the whole world i bleave end of this season will be greatest ever.
  82. Sep 9, 2013
    When i first discover this Show i couldn't stop it. just watching episode after episode! and now we're here in the last season, so freaking awesome! best show ever!
  83. Sep 9, 2013
    This is one of the few drama series I have followed on cable. It reminds me of the old Dallas series in the '80s, when you couldn't wait to see what would happen next week. Of course, this series is a lot darker and a much higher quality than Dallas ever was. I just hope there will be a spin-off as mentioned in the media. I need my BB fix every week!
  84. Sep 18, 2013
    Sorprendente, ingeniosa, muy bien estructurada, interpretaciónes magistrales, genial en una palabra.

Además hay que felicitar a los guionistas que a pesar del éxito mundial de "Breaking Bad" no se han extendido en más temporadas,, que a veces lo único que consiguen es echar por tierra las anteriores. Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...?

Estoy deseando ver el capítulo final, ¿sorprenderá al iguall que los anteriores...? sin duda
  85. Sep 25, 2013
    Excellent series, from beginning to end. I have seen many series such as The Sopranos, The Wire, The House of Cards, Lost, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and several others I can not remember, but I must say Breakin Bad has been the best series I've seen so far, beating the rest I just mentioned and many other more.
  86. Oct 1, 2013
    From the season one to the end, i am crazing about these,cant understand why people give the negative comment, this is the best tv drama i have had watch
  87. Oct 4, 2013
    Best show ever, there is nothing bad to say. Incomparable to anything I've seen. The character development, the storylines, the settings, the camera angles, everything is top notch. Cannot recommend this show any more. WATCH IT NOW!
  88. Oct 10, 2013
    Breaking Bad, or as I like to call it, "The Tragedy of Walter White" is definitely one of the best TV dramas of all time. The writing, the acting and also the cinematography of the show is unlike any other. This last season has been extremely moving and an emotional experience for me and I believe that it couldn't have ended any better than it did.

If you didn't see the reference from

If you didn't see the reference from my nickname of the show, I believe that this series is the modern equivalent of Shakespeare and it has parallels with many of his works, particularly Macbeth. Ever wondered why they split season 5 into 2 parts? Or why Breaking Bad only has 5 seasons? It's to comply with the structure of a Shakespearean tragedy- all of them have 5 acts.

This TV series has to be seen for itself to be fully comprehended and appreciated. Do yourself a favour and watch this show- a showcase of all the things which make a TV show or a movie great. And season 5 is undoubtedly the series' conclusion that it deserves.
  89. Oct 27, 2013
    This is a fitting and fantastic way to show the turmoil and outcome of desperation, death and drugs. Frankly almost perfect with no selling out to keep a show going or to avoid offending others.
  90. Oct 3, 2013
    Breaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects inBreaking Bad has surpassed all my expectations, I was begged to watch this show, and I took so long to get into. It has been such an amazing ride, definitely the best tv show Ive ever watched, Game Of Thrones is up there, but BB has the edge simply because it wasnt inspired by any book or previews publication, also its based on our times, you will find very few if any fictional aspects in Breaking Bad. You owe it to yourself to watch atleast the first 3 episodes, after that you will want to know Walter White's full story Expand
  91. Sep 26, 2013
    Although it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for makingAlthough it hasn't ended the way I hoped; I think the course of the show is ending in an intelligent well directed way. The journey of Walt towards darkness has really played it course. I wish the last shred of goodness/anti-hero would have held tighter, but I can deal with what happened, since I suppose it's true enough to the original vision. Brian you are amazing, thank you for making everything feel so engaging and emotional. Expand
  92. Oct 10, 2013
    there won't be a show this great for a long time, sublime acting and story telling... this really is a masterpiece. i have not enjoyed a show like this since band of brothers and the wire and now it has firmly taken its spot as the best of tv shows, give this a chance, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
  93. Oct 3, 2013
    Tense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher'sTense and thrilling action, phenomenal writing and incredible character development have been the primary ingredients in Breaking Bad's riveting, 5 season long run where each season seemingly improves upon the immense quality of the previous season. Walter White stands out as one of the greatest characters in TV history through a comical, kind, and goofy high school chemistry teacher's descent into villainy as the ruthless,arrogant, and twisted Heisenberg. Bryan Cranston deserves all the credit for this and the genius of Vince Gilligan. The supporting cast is outstanding too making Breaking Bad easily one of the greatest TV experiences currently available. Expand
  94. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  95. Nov 2, 2013
    I have seen al ot of shows in my days, but Breaking Bad beats them all. The actors are amazingly good. The storyline is REAL. You WILL love the ending of this show.
  96. Sep 3, 2012
    The first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see anThe first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see an entirely different Walt, (Heisenberg has kind of taken over now). What I think is so good about this season is that it`s so different, they`re bringing new characters, new environments, new working spots, but most important is that we get to see the business/dealing from a new point of view. Mike, Jesse and Walt is now the kings of the market (at least for a while). I`d never thought they were able to keep season 5 as epic as the 4-5 last episodes of season 4, but they definitely did! Also ending this first half with a (sort of) cliffhanger -------- My rating for these 8 episodes is gonna be 9/10, with my favorite episodes being 1 & 8. Really excited to see the rest off season 5. Peace Expand
  97. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  98. Aug 17, 2012
    Let me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosenLet me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosen better, and the suspense is intense. If you're already a fan of the previous seasons, this season will not disappoint. Expand
  99. Sep 13, 2012
    IV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was IIV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was I think one of the best scenes in the entire shows history. The whole cooking in tented houses , the excellent methlamyne heist and the final scene of ep 8. Are pure class. I'm not at all impressed with how long we've got to wait to see the last 8 eps. Talk about keepin the viewer on tenterhooks. It's bad enough hiatus's in shows lasting about a month. But 12 months is a real pain in the arse. But to finish. My point is that if viewing figures are down by around 20%. They can't have been much of a bb fan in the first place. Cos with tv programmes of this class. I doubt it could even be improved upon. It's a masterclass in everything from the storylines , the script , the casting. , directing and definitely the acting. It's easily the best programme on tv. And iv had to have every episode of every season off the net. Cos it aint shown in the uk. Which is a joke , and an awful lot of British viewers are missing out big time. On one of the all time best tv programmes ever produced. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]