• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Aug 22, 2013
    Is there a Show that can remotely compete with Breaking Bad? No... let me spell that out for you: N, O... may I add a reinforcing word before and a few exclamation marks after: HELL NO!!! ...so... there you have it.
  2. Aug 6, 2012
    I can't believe somebody can rate this one under 9. I think this one deserve most of the awards out there for its perfect acting and script writing out there. In Season 5, I can't see the old Walter anymore, character developments are amazing. I don't think we will have to wait a long time for another epic TV Show like this.
  3. Jul 27, 2012
    The best TV show I've watched in my life, and possibly will remain so for a long time. The writing is flawless and believable - it feels like you're watching a real story, taking place in reality, not a show. The characters and events progress logically and in proper time. The experience is further enhanced by brilliant, oscar deserving actors. Especially walter white, the main character,The best TV show I've watched in my life, and possibly will remain so for a long time. The writing is flawless and believable - it feels like you're watching a real story, taking place in reality, not a show. The characters and events progress logically and in proper time. The experience is further enhanced by brilliant, oscar deserving actors. Especially walter white, the main character, the man is a genius at acting, he understands emotion and character more than anybody, he moves you with his emotional interpretation of what must walter must be going through. This show is perfect as it redefines and sets a new bar for what TV series can hope to attain, with character development, acting and believability. Expand
  4. May 30, 2012
    The best show I've seen on TV. For a long time I thought there was nothing that could compare to The Wire, until I started watching Breaking Bad. The dialogue is amazing, the plot never gets boring and always keeps you on your toes. IIt has the best characthers written for TV-series ever.
  5. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried outFour months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2012
    This is the best show ever!!!! Please don't stop making them! Everyone I talk to cant wait till the next episode including me! They are already too spread out! Awesome show!!! Keep it up!!!
  7. Aug 28, 2012
    Just got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked byJust got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the direction the show turned, and also so satisfied in it. Can't wait to get the next season and supposedly it gets even better. Wow. Watch this show. It won't disappoint, not even for a second. Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2012
    The best show on AMC by far, ( I still love ya Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels), but hell! It's the best show on TV PERIOD! And it's sad, but expected sense these shows can't last forever (looking at Dexter), that it's ending soon. :(
  9. Jun 24, 2013
    "Better call Saul!"

This show is the epitome of an anti-hero story in a recession era society.
    Watch if you have a brain or enjoy good t.v. drama.

Don't forget, they aren't rocks.. they are 'minerals'.
  10. Jul 16, 2012
    looking back at this season having watched four seasons and this is just a teaser of all of the amazing things to come...this is the weakest season of this show and that is sad because it is still better than 95% of the other crap that is on tv.
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    I don't know how this only has a 74 rating. Best show on Tv hands down. One of, if not the the best show to ever grace television. The acting is fantastic, not just Bryan Cranston, the whole cast is wonderful. Give this wonderful show a chance
  12. Aug 27, 2012
    A true masterpiece and a brilliant performance from Bryan Cranston, not to forget Aaron Paul and Jonathan Banks . Not a coincidence that many people that weren't used to watch tv series do not miss an episode of this show. The only thing that bothers me is that an Emmy or a Golden Globe, do not have the glamour of an Oscar (copying from wikipedia "The series has won four Emmy Awards
  13. Sep 9, 2012
    Well paced and some great plot twists make this show the one of the best currently running. The constantly changing character development of Walter complimented by the deep characteristics shown in Jesse make this show interesting to almost anyone
  14. Sep 13, 2012
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the best series I have ever watched. It is so well made. Every character is interesting and the chemistry between Jesse and Walt is fantastic. The "bad guys" are also well created with strong personality. When the series ends, I will watch them all again.
  15. Nov 26, 2012
    Instantly gripping show. I really am excited to see how this progresses. Love Bryan Cranston, there's a surprising moment in pretty much every episode.
  16. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  17. Jun 10, 2013
    In my opinion the weakest season of the series, starts out a little slow. But halfway through it picks up strong. Acting is brilliant specifically Cranston and Paul. -8/10
  18. Mar 20, 2013
    Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters.Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters. While this does slow the overall pace, these episodes were absolutely crucial. The greatest aspect of the show might have to be its undeniable unpredictability, highlighted by the extremely volatile Tuco introduced towards the end. Must watch! 9.1/10 Expand
  19. Feb 19, 2013
    The genius of Breaking Bad is that it is believable. The acting is top notch (RJ Mitte, who plays Walter's son is incredible!) This is everything that makes the arts great. I love this show.
  20. Feb 22, 2013
    Breaking Bad with his great cast, beautiful storytelling and amazing direction, involves the audience in a thrilling plot from the first to the last episode, telling the story of an ordinary and repressed family man that becomes a drug lord in seek for redemption from his miserable life. The quality of the acting and the representation are at their bests and the soundtrack is the perfectBreaking Bad with his great cast, beautiful storytelling and amazing direction, involves the audience in a thrilling plot from the first to the last episode, telling the story of an ordinary and repressed family man that becomes a drug lord in seek for redemption from his miserable life. The quality of the acting and the representation are at their bests and the soundtrack is the perfect guide through Walter White's changes.
    Surely the best drama series ever shot, deserves a full 10/10.
  21. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  22. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  24. Jun 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one ofBreaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one of the absolute best things on television, hands down. Expand
  25. Jul 4, 2013
    This is definetly without a shadow of doubt, one of the best series in history, few managed to pull such characters and plot as well as this TV series.Although it may seem that it's slow at first, it's pace is not nearly compared as the quality of story planning, acting and direction.
    In this stage where drama and tension simply take over the audience, Bryan Cranston performs brilliantly only to make people dive in even further into this scenario.It is absolutely amazing how AMC shows us the transformation and the path that all these characters go into, it is now crystal clear how powerful this Vince Gilligan's show can get, and how high can it achieve
  26. Jun 1, 2014
    Yeah It's that good. 150 characters worthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  27. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  28. Jan 24, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the best show on television, and Season 1 is the greatness that started it off. It really demonstrates the beginning of Walter White's story, and it perfectly demonstrates his complexity and beginnings.
  29. Jan 29, 2013
    This is the best show ever! It's amazing how the writers can take their time unveiling the story line and still give the viewer a payoff every week. Keep watching for the huge payoffs in the season finales that may just blow your mind! It makes The Sopranos look like a Hallmark special. Okay maybe I sound over the top there, but honestly--I loved The Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad is inThis is the best show ever! It's amazing how the writers can take their time unveiling the story line and still give the viewer a payoff every week. Keep watching for the huge payoffs in the season finales that may just blow your mind! It makes The Sopranos look like a Hallmark special. Okay maybe I sound over the top there, but honestly--I loved The Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad is in another league that no other show can compete with, in my opinion. Believe me I've looked for those other shows. We are in the Golden Age of television right now. There are some great choices like the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Homeland and a few others. I like these shows. They range from very good to excellent. The only thing they have going against them is they came during the Breaking Bad era. Terrible timing! Really. The show is just the one that IS better (waayyy better!) From the writing to the acting, the casting and the people who design the sets--all the little details do make a huge difference. It is so deeply layered. I seen all 54 episodes, from season 1 thru 5A, 4 times. And some of them I've seen close to six times. I haven't been able to re-watch a show or a movie like that since I was 10 years old. How can I describe the drama?...well it builds up slowly like a good baseball game, a pitcher's duel--except where baseball can be incredibly boring at times, Breaking Bad intensely engages you from the 1st pitch until your favorite player finally steps to the plate and knocks one over the center field wall! Man, I hope that baseball analogy lands right.
    You notice I'm telling you nothing about the show. Someone tried telling me about it. I ended waiting way to long to tune in. If you're like I was, forget the premise or what you think it's about! Just watch it. If you need me to tell you to keep watching after say episode 5 or 6, go to your doctor and get checked for low blood pressure or a missing sense of taste. By season 2 you might think it doesn't get any better than this. Well, you're wrong. Watch season 3. You'll find out why. By season 4 you may come to accept a certain level of excellence. You won't be upset! Season 5A was awesome! It was also cruel because now I'm about halfway through a cliffhanger that won't end until July 2013, when the last 8 episodes will air. That's my one complaint. It's too good to leave it's viewers for 10 months at a time. Luckily for you, the Breaking Bad newbie, you won't have to live with that pain. It all comes to an end in September of this year!
    If I haven't sold you yet...it's your loss! But, seriously, Enjoy the show. I wish I were you right now. It was an amazing experience seeing this show the 1st time around. Thanks Vince Gilligan! You are a genius. And Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are the best duo in showbiz history!
  30. Feb 1, 2013
    Totally awesome show! You never know what's going to happen next. I've been hooked on this show since it first started. I can't wait for Season 6!!!!!
  31. Jul 7, 2013
    Wait...Hal what are you doing in Breaking Bad? No seriously...the first three episodes made it for me. Amazing acting and believable Story. Okay, the show is a little slow, but the acting of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul is brilliant. The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  32. Feb 6, 2013
    A classic that is incredibly acted, very well scripted, shot, and produced. Extremely addictive plot that doesn't require cliffhangers to keep interest. Unique format with intro segments that are shown out of context.

Pacing seems to be intentionally off in some episodes, perhaps to contrast with extremely stressful pacing most of the time. One of those shows you wish you could forget and watch all over again, forever.
  33. Mar 14, 2013
    good show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long asgood show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long as walter gets what he deserves in the end i will probably be very satisfied Expand
  34. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  35. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitternessWhen you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  36. Feb 28, 2013
    A great TV-series that just gets better and better as the seasons pass by. It's one of those rare series that has got it all: great acting, great characters, suspense, humour, purpose and a lot more that makes it one of the best series to date. Bryan Cranston is nothing but amazing in the leading role and the chemistry between him and co-star Aaron Paul is definitely sparkling. AndA great TV-series that just gets better and better as the seasons pass by. It's one of those rare series that has got it all: great acting, great characters, suspense, humour, purpose and a lot more that makes it one of the best series to date. Bryan Cranston is nothing but amazing in the leading role and the chemistry between him and co-star Aaron Paul is definitely sparkling. And something that makes Breaking Bad special is that it regularly puts its characters in ethically difficult situations. Expand
  37. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough soUndoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10
  38. Nov 23, 2013
    I've started watch the show after all the hype it's has been receiving, and I got to say, I understand why. The story is pure intensity, the protagonist is probably the most interesting character I've seen in television. One of the only problems I can think of as of right now, is that there is some really annoying characters.
  39. Mar 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in the history of television. AMC has really come on strong with some of their original programming, this and The Walking Dead are really excellent. Bryan Cranston is amazing and such a badass in this, coming over from Malcolm in the Middle who knew he had it in him. Haven't seen it? What are you waiting for? I got the blu rays for Seasons 1-3 and will be getting theOne of the best shows in the history of television. AMC has really come on strong with some of their original programming, this and The Walking Dead are really excellent. Bryan Cranston is amazing and such a badass in this, coming over from Malcolm in the Middle who knew he had it in him. Haven't seen it? What are you waiting for? I got the blu rays for Seasons 1-3 and will be getting the rest in time. Expand
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    I will keep this as simple as possible. I personally love the show. Great story. Great acting. Great plot. A lot of tension and twists and turns. I'm looking forward to the final episodes. If you like dark humor, give this a shot.
  41. Apr 3, 2013
    I would have expected the critical reception for this show to be better. Breaking Bad is arguably the best show on television right now. I could tell you why, but your time would be better spent watching the show than listening to the reasons that I liked it.
  42. Jun 24, 2014
    The best show ever made begins. It did have a great season. Breaking Bad will later become the best show ever made. That's how awesome this shows becomes
  43. Jun 1, 2013
    Brilliant first season of one of the best shows on television at the moment. The two main characters portray some of the best acting I've seen in years. All tied up in a nice bow with a fantastic storyline with lots of real issues and emotions. And lets face it, we can all see a little bit of ourselves in this series.
  44. Aug 30, 2013
    Not as great as the other seasons but despite that the show is brilliant, the performances of the whole cast but specially of Cranston and Paul are excellent, the directing and the writing are also really good. The beginning of one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
  45. Apr 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever. Often series tend to get dull in later seasons, but this show doesnt stop surprising you. I cant wait for the last episodes this summer. If you are looking for a new show to watch, order this now!
  46. May 23, 2013
    One of the best crime series of all time
  47. Jun 7, 2013
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best TV dramas I have ever seen. It stars the almighty Bryan Cranston as Walter White and the uncanny Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. This show mixes suspense with fantastic acting oh so perfectly that it's almost unable to describe. The farther you get into the show, the more gritty this fantastic storyline unveils to be. I know AMC is known for thereBreaking Bad is definitely one of the best TV dramas I have ever seen. It stars the almighty Bryan Cranston as Walter White and the uncanny Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. This show mixes suspense with fantastic acting oh so perfectly that it's almost unable to describe. The farther you get into the show, the more gritty this fantastic storyline unveils to be. I know AMC is known for there great dramas, such as The Walking Dead or Mad Men, but this show is by far the best. Expand
  48. Jun 12, 2013
    realistic. entertaining. catchy music from bands like rodrigo y gabriela comes in at the right moments, plot synopsis is original, as is the plot development. every detail is looked at from gretchen and elliot to even the arrogant guy in the suit and earpiece at the garage. Season 1 is the best season. Brilliant, amazing, incredible. A masterpiece.
  49. Jul 30, 2013
    I am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who isI am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to cooking meth to helping his families finances. He gets the help of former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) who is a drug dealer himself and together they make the high quality meth. Together through good and bad they seem to look out for each other and oddly have a good friendship as the show goes on although it may be hard to see. This TV show is one of the all time greats and I am going to watch the first half of season five again before the next part of it comes out August 11th which will sadly be the last part of this epic series. Expand
  50. Jul 2, 2013
    I had my doubts after flicking to what I thought to be quite a lame episode and watching a few minutes while channel surfing, but after strong recommendations from a couple of friends I decided to download E1 S1 and was hooked right in. After getting a taste of the first episode I instantly rushed out and bought the first season and the remainder of the season was no let down. The wholeI had my doubts after flicking to what I thought to be quite a lame episode and watching a few minutes while channel surfing, but after strong recommendations from a couple of friends I decided to download E1 S1 and was hooked right in. After getting a taste of the first episode I instantly rushed out and bought the first season and the remainder of the season was no let down. The whole season had my stomach in a not, never before have I felt such intense anxiety whilst watching a show, let alone an entire season of a TV series! I also thought that Cranston did an amazing job of showing the change his character goes through.

All in all a fantastic series so far and I am going to dive right into the remainder of the seasons!
  51. Jul 3, 2013
    my favorite show on TV. only show I've actually been excited to watch and pay attention to when its coming back on. very suspenseful, chilling actors make it feel very real, realistic setups and events. having past family members being involved in meth I've seen what it can do to a normal person and I like that the show presents that in the form of "Mr. white". Not just what it does to amy favorite show on TV. only show I've actually been excited to watch and pay attention to when its coming back on. very suspenseful, chilling actors make it feel very real, realistic setups and events. having past family members being involved in meth I've seen what it can do to a normal person and I like that the show presents that in the form of "Mr. white". Not just what it does to a person but what it does to families and communities. Seeing the progress of a high school teacher that finds out he's dying and just wants to leave his family with more than what his life insurance can provide leaves you not knowing if you're cheering for the bad guy or if he has a right to do what he's doing. well not gonna spoil anything for those who haven't seen it but all I can say is its a MUST SEE! Expand
  52. Jul 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good oneBreaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good one around for quite some time. Expand
  53. Jul 27, 2013
    This is one of the best shows on television and if I'm being biased it is the best. The plot is wonderfully woven and ties LITERALLY everything together, without a single loose end. You'd be amazed at how many characters and occurrences come back to haunt these poor characters. Every action leads to more consequences, and no good deed (or bad) goes unpunished. This show isn't an actionThis is one of the best shows on television and if I'm being biased it is the best. The plot is wonderfully woven and ties LITERALLY everything together, without a single loose end. You'd be amazed at how many characters and occurrences come back to haunt these poor characters. Every action leads to more consequences, and no good deed (or bad) goes unpunished. This show isn't an action adventure, it's a pretty heavy and dark drama, with just enough comedy to not make it depressing. One thing you must know before watching this show though is that it takes its time, you have to let it move along and place some very necessary pieces that (as I mentioned before) will lead to some very interesting and occasionally intense places. However it isn't ever boring, there is always something going on to entertain you or keep your interest. The longer you watch it, the more you will invest into it, the more you invest into it the more you get out of it, and believe me by (at the very latest) season 3 you will start to really get some awesome stuff out of it.

All of this is not even mentioning this how has some of the best casting/acting, surpassing, or at the very least tying, even the likes of Game of Thrones. The character development is top-notch, especially for Walter White who, in case you didn't know SPOILER ALERT: goes from the protagonist to the antagonist. It also has some epic cinematography, and sound-design.

As my favorite show, I of course give it a 10 out of 10.
  54. Aug 1, 2013
    This show is absolutely genius, there is a lot of plot twists that will let you blown away and you will be asking yourself what just happened and they are going to do with this problem, the character development is genius, especially the changes of Walter, Jesse, Hank and Gustavo during the show are just some of the best I've seen in years. This is the best TV show that has appeared in years.
  55. Jul 24, 2013
    One of the best TV shows in the pass decade. I'm VERY surprised it's rating is only in the 70s. The critics eye and taste is completely different than what the average joe is looking for in a TV show.

The show is an intense, and have you at the edge of your seat through the whole season. When key events happens during the show, you feel them, you are emotionally invested and personally, it's hard to find a bad boring episode in Breaking Bad.
  56. Jul 27, 2013
    An absolute thrilling show. It has the perfect mix of drama, suspense, and action that is realistic and makes sense to the show. If you haven't seen this show, you need to. It is a must-see. It is so hooking, after every episode you will be wanting more.
  57. Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just howAnyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just how significant that particular scene is to the story. I've never seen anything as masterful as Breaking Bad. Expand
  58. Aug 16, 2013
    The actors in Breaking Bad were spot on, I don't remember one bad actor in this show. The plot was very interesting and hard to keep your eyes away. 10/10
  59. Aug 19, 2013
    I could not like this television show more if I tried. I came to it late (during Season 4) and caught up by binge watching on Netflix. How simply compelling every part of it is.
  60. Aug 22, 2014
    I've only till a couple months ago learned why this show is rated as it is. Intense and human acting, with some f the best writing a basic cable television show has to offer. And an interesting story line to top it off. This is the show that will go down in history forever.
  61. Aug 30, 2013
  62. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  63. Sep 6, 2013
    Without a doubt the best show on TV. The spot on acting and separate but intertwining storylines keep it fresh and unpredictable. This will be the biggest finale ever.
  64. Sep 18, 2013
    Brilliant...just brilliant. It's so rare that any TV drama doesn't lose me after a couple of episodes with characters and actions you just can't believe in. This just makes you want more and more. It's simply the best TV series I've ever seen. The character development is brilliant...the plot holds together... every episode is a wonderful and disturbing surprise. BrilliantBrilliant...just brilliant. It's so rare that any TV drama doesn't lose me after a couple of episodes with characters and actions you just can't believe in. This just makes you want more and more. It's simply the best TV series I've ever seen. The character development is brilliant...the plot holds together... every episode is a wonderful and disturbing surprise. Brilliant storytelling... just brilliant. Expand
  65. Sep 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. “Vince Gilligan’s” show Breaking Bad at first seemed far fetched, a high school chemistry teacher who begins cooking meth once he gets lung cancer. However, through jaw dropping plot twists, his enticing character development, unique story layout, and special effects he gets viewers to keep asking for more. The basis of the show is about Walter White, a chemistry teacher who is having a hard time working two jobs, dealing with a disabled son with another baby on the way, and has lung cancer. With the whole world seemingly crashing down on him you watch this once, regular father “Break Bad”, and become evil in order to in his eyes “help his family.”
    The layout of the show is very unique, and is one of the ways Vince Gilligan is able to keep his viewers guessing. Throughout the show there are series of flash forwards where you will see a glimpse of the future scenes. This technique is perfectly executed, and makes viewers try to piece together what is going to happen in the show. Although at the same time it does not spoil anything or allow viewers to know the future. An example of this technique being used is displayed right in the beginning of the first episode, where it shows the main character getting into a car accident in the middle of the desert with people lying dead in his van. The scene instantly grabs the viewers attention, and once they are brought back in time before the scene they want to watch to see how the show will get back to that scene. Another enjoyable feature to the show is that the past of the show is very important to know, and is referred to constantly. Though this may not seem like a big deal there are many shows that try and allow new watchers be able to pick up quickly. In Breaking Bad they make all of the time on the show important, and is not just filler so you need to watch from the beginning.
    In television shows the plot does not always hold a great significance though in Breaking Bad it is the backbone to why most people continue to watch. Vince Gilligan, and the other producers make sure by the end of each episode you are wanting more, and just waiting for next the next episode to air. Every episode seems to have a new twist, and a new reason to keep watching, although at the same time the storyline still adds up, and does not become bizarre or make you lose interest. In Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan is not afraid to kill of important characters which always leaves you in suspense as to what will happen next.
    Characters on a television show are the main part to a show, and if you can’t get your viewers to enjoy watching them then your show will fail. On Breaking Bad lead actor Bryan Cranston ”Walter White”, and partner in crime Aaron Paul “Jesse Pinkman” are great together. Watching these two go through this roller coaster of a show is just fun to watch. This has led to both of these actors into well deservingly winning, and being nominated for multiple Emmys. Breaking Bad takes advantage of all of its air time, and really develops all of its characters so you are able to relate to each one. Even though by the end of the show there are plenty of characters, each one has their own personality, and you really get to know everyone. This is another way Breaking Bad is able to create so many dramatic scenes because even if something happens to a side character it is still very important.
    Special effects are a normal in movies, and shows in this time period which can add an extra depth, to the experience of watching the film. Although in many action filled movies or shows they become overused, and end up dumbing down a film. In Breaking Bad there are an appropriate amount of “special effect” filled scenes which adds another wow factor to the show. An example, was when Walter White, went to a drug dealers hide out an in order to seek revenge for his partner, ended up blowing up the building which really ended the season in a “bang”.
    Breaking Bad is a drama, thriller which is not intended to carry out pedagogic purpose although when reflecting on the show it does carry out a strong message. Seeing Walter White the main character fight so hard to provide a good life for his family. Then see his life change even more for the worst once he goes down a bad path shows that doing any similar illegal activities is never worth it. Also throughout the series it depicts pretty realistic scenarios of what peoples life are like that are druggies. A memorable example from the show was when Walter was looking to find his partner “Jesse” and he walked through a meth house. Seeing all of the people just strung out on drugs did not really give off a good message of what it is like to meth or any similar drugs.
    Watching Breaking Bad has been quite an experience watching, and in a few weeks the show will be over at its fifth season. If you are interested in a show that will attach you, and at the same time constantly leave you hanging, not knowing what to expect, then Breaking Bad is for you. The acting in this series will have you thinking that everyone in the show Is real, and you are just watching the best reality television show ever. Vince Gilligan will now always have a problem when releasing any future work, as it will be compared to Breaking Bad, which seems impossible to match. There is no wonder as to why Breaking Bad has been rated a 9.4/10 by over two-hundred fifty thousand people on IMDB as it is easily one of the best shows ever made.
  66. Sep 18, 2013
    Stunning, funny, dark, thrilling, shocking, tense, touching, warm, deep, involving, enthralling, roller-coaster-ride of superb and unrivalled acting, writing, casting, soundtrack and cinematographical talent
  67. Jan 19, 2014
    Possibly the best TV series I've seen so far; great cast, great storyline and overall a great show. Hopefully the spin-off series will live up to expectations... Definitely worth checking out on Netflix!
  68. Sep 22, 2013
    I love chemistry and I love criminal drama. What's there more to say? Breaking Bad is the only TV show I'll ever enjoy so much. Vince Gilligan is a genius and always brings the most unexpected.
  69. Sep 23, 2013
    Good god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, thatGood god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, that is fine. But I can't fathom anybody walking away from this show saying that it isn't a top notch production. Expand
  70. Sep 30, 2013
    Breaking bad has to be one of the best [if not the best] TV series ever made, the writing is impeccable, ever single episode is perfectly paced, the characters are complete and well made, soundtrack is perfectly selected, and of course, the story is not only intriguing, it's addictive!

Totally buying whatever special edition full series box they come up with.
  71. Sep 30, 2013
    Best drug ever. Not meth, but Breaking Bad. One of the most intelligent drama's made to date. Some of the best acting and mostly flawless. On paper the storyline sounds cheesy but they've created something very special here which will be remembered by most people forever. Thank you to everyone who created this.
  72. Sep 30, 2013
    Great TV show, with well developed characters, and shocking things about human mentality. Walt is a great evil mastermind, who loves his family, but also developes a big love for his work and money, and this will give a basic point for a twistable story, which was a challenge successfully achieved by the creator. There were so many boring episodes, sometimes I think I would have justGreat TV show, with well developed characters, and shocking things about human mentality. Walt is a great evil mastermind, who loves his family, but also developes a big love for his work and money, and this will give a basic point for a twistable story, which was a challenge successfully achieved by the creator. There were so many boring episodes, sometimes I think I would have just skipped them, but it was worth to see the better episodes. Expand
  73. Jan 10, 2014
    It's ridiculous to me that anyone could give this a poor rating. This is by far one of the greatest TV shows ever made. The character development is incredible. Everyone who gave this a negative review is just trying to draw attention to themselves and pretend they are above it. Pure ludicrous. This show ALMOST trumps the Sopranos.
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    Better than The Walking Dead. The story is fantastic and original and the writing is amazing. I've never than more engaged to characters in my life. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have fantastic chemistry on screen. I can't stop watching.
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best series I have ever watched and I don't think anything can be as good as this. I've loved the series since the start and watched every episode but didn't get really hooked until the ending of season 1. great ending and great tv show... Heisenberg will never die Expand
  76. Nov 6, 2013
    Simply put.. The Best TV show ever created.. the only possible show to beat it in those regards is Game of Thrones if you prefer fantasy.. But if you prefer to see the story of a man shoved to the breaking point by cancer and end up mixed with the drug cartel this is the show for you
  77. Jun 5, 2014
    This is how TV should be done. A story that has never been seen before, tremendous acting skills, and cliffhangers at every turn. If you've never watched Breaking Bad, you should. ****
  78. Nov 9, 2013
    By far the greatest series to grace television. The story is impeccable, the actors are amazing and the characters within the series are now iconic. Watching this character go from high school chemistry teacher to drug kingpin is perfect. The transformation from Walter White to Heisenberg is some of the best television in history.

At first, Walt may seem like he is in over his

At first, Walt may seem like he is in over his head...but he is the one who knocks! 10/10!
  79. Nov 11, 2013
    The Breaking Bad series ended last summer after five ten-rated seasons. It was so artistically crafted and written that when I tuned into the series from the first episode, I couldn't "put it down". Creator Vince Gilligan's oft-stated observation that pitching the idea of an older high school teacher becoming a meth drug kingpin was way off the wall, along with his being surprised that itThe Breaking Bad series ended last summer after five ten-rated seasons. It was so artistically crafted and written that when I tuned into the series from the first episode, I couldn't "put it down". Creator Vince Gilligan's oft-stated observation that pitching the idea of an older high school teacher becoming a meth drug kingpin was way off the wall, along with his being surprised that it ever got franchised is a true assessment, but it did take off, at first probably due to the broad appeal to younger American baby boomers who are reaching the peak of their years of adventure and risk and seeking something vicarious from Walt's insane and murderous conduct.

With that being said, the story then grows legs from the creative mind of Gilligan and writing staff who managed to develop characters, plots and edgy situations that Talking Bad's Chris Hardwick said he felt he needed therapy after viewing certain episodes. True that. Breaking Bad episodes time and again leave one with a very uneasy feeling. If you're seeking happy endings, and feel-good story lines, probably you should stick to CSI and Bones. If you want some kind of over the top, absurdly plotted and written stories try Sons of Anarchy or some other such pablum being fed as though it were real steak.

No, Breaking Bad has more grit, exposes more real world situations than is really comfortable to witness. To make this review short, Walt, after his cancer and meth lab exploration winds up in the end with all of the gruesome plot lines being tied together so while the ending is anything but "happy", it is satisfyingly well knotted by Gilligan. I cannot wait to see what this genius does next. He's so much more with it and better at telling a story than J.J. Abrams ever thought of being.

With Gilligan, as you view his craftsmanship in Breaking Bad, unfolds creative work that seems to know where it is going, rather than becoming "Lost" in it's own title, like "Lost" was. Gilligan has and keeps control of his story for five years without ever flinching and never seeming to give in to some outside financial pressure that would push him to extend the tale to absurd lengths just to keep ratings and an audience and a steady stream of contracts coming his way. That Gilligan respects the audience enough to tell the true story and the story enough to tell it true and then FINISH the story when the story is over, is most commendable and for that he in turn deserves respect as a true artist. He is the one who called the end the end, five years is enough. Tell the story and then the story is done. Kudos Mr. Gilligan. And what a kick-ass ending it was! For this and so many other reasons, Breaking Bad rates a full 10.9 as far as I'm concerned.
  80. May 26, 2014
    This is my favourite show at the moment. I love the writing and dialogue, and Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor as well. I'm on season 2 episode 9 on Netflix. You should definitely check this show out.
  81. Nov 26, 2013
    I didn't get into this show until Season 5 part 2 almost came around, but I wish I got into it sooner, this is easily the greatest live-action show I've ever seen.
  82. Nov 26, 2013
    Brilliant all around! What more can be said?! The ONLY character that DIDN'T meet their demise but SHOULD'VE...Skyler White. I just hope Saul can bring a little taste of BB with his show! He hasn't missed so far!
  83. Nov 30, 2013
    Nunca antes hemos visto un programa como este en television, me atrapo desde el primer episodio, realmente si nunca vieron esto les digo que le den una oportunidad
  84. Dec 6, 2013
    the best. a masterpiece. WORDLESS. if you wanna see a good mix between story, action, drama and humor in a single show: you MUST see Breaking Bad!!!!!
  85. Dec 7, 2013
    Absolute BEST TV show of all time. The show is a work of art and will be known forever. It is the Mona Lisa of the t.v. industry. It is full of symbolism and deep meaning. Should be watched by anyone who enjoy good television work.
  86. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season starts Breaking Bad off with a bang, and the intentionally dark nature and constant plot twists make you want to keep watching. Cranston and Paul make a perfectly contrasting pair, and as a result watching the smallest arguments between them is entertaining.
  87. Dec 22, 2013
    One of the BEST shows I've ever watched. I don't get into television much but this was worth following. The first TV show I ever felt sad when a character died and where I was on the edge of my seat.

I wish my memory could be wiped so I could re-live watching it again.

Overall, the BEST television show I ever saw and definitely surpasses shows like Dexter and The Walking Dead.
  88. Dec 23, 2013
    Bryan Cranston is a hell of an actor! His performance is absolutely amazing! Best show ever! Since first episode I knew it was going to be good but it turned to be a fantastic, amazing show! This is a must-see!
  89. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  90. Dec 14, 2014
    I have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 isI have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 is almost perfection, I cannot wait to see how the characters will react once the story has ended and if walt ever gets found out.. should be interesting. Expand
  91. Jan 15, 2014
    There's no escaping it. This is simply the best show ever put on TV. Whilst many may find Season One to be quite slow, Seasons Two through Five entirely justify the hype.
  92. Jan 17, 2014
    i dont know why some disliked the show. it was soo much personal that one got to sync soo much with the characters that it felt like a real life story being retold on tv. I hoe there is a very dramatic spinoff that will continue the magic
  93. Jan 18, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show out there. Great acting, great sound effects and one of the greatest stories made into a TV show because it is like no other similar to it out there unlike for example detective type TV shows.
  94. Jan 19, 2014
    Simply put, fantastic.

I've seen all seasons and am now feeling serious withdrawal symptoms. It's a depressing fact knowing that it's finished and won't ever see another new episode. This is testament to it's sheer brilliance though. Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that
    Simply put, fantastic.

Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that he's up there for good, as one of the greats.

Watch this now.
  95. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  96. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.
  97. Jan 24, 2014
    I really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he'sI really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he's really talented, it's quite amazing the way all the parts of the plot get together in the end, it's hands down one of the best TV series ever made. I could watch Breaking Bad over and over again and wouldn't get bored. It deserves a incredible 10/10. Expand
  98. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  99. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, itAbsolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  100. Feb 16, 2014
    It's just a beautiful show, and I fell in love with it from the very first series. It's just a masterpiece! More there is nothing to say. Unequivocally the best TV series ever.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.