• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  2. matta
    Sep 30, 2009
    Good call Doug Elfman. I bet you feel like a douche now that the series has grown into the best thing on TV.
  3. BrandonR
    Mar 31, 2010
    The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  4. May 21, 2013
    This is the best Crime Drama show running on television alongside Dexter. The writing is simply brilliant, tough the series is a little slow but the acting of Bryan Cranston is outstanding.
  5. jarreda
    Mar 10, 2008
    I don't watch drama tv generally, but i can actually watch this. Excellent show.
  6. MatthewH
    Feb 5, 2008
    Good pilot, second episode got even better! Very funny while maintaining a serious and real tone.
  7. BW
    Mar 10, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I don't ever remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I keep waiting every week for a new episode!
  8. BenA.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great show with wonderful acting. With every week the plot adds more to keep you watching.
  9. Kyleg
    Mar 10, 2008
    This show is great. Completely original and very well-written. Now I can start making my own drugs! jk...
  10. BillB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Great writing and acting exloring themes in ways not previously tackled in tv series,
  11. AJR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is a wonderful, gritty, compelling show. Excellent writing and outstanding acting, this show is bound to win many awards. Our favorite of this, and many, seasons. Hope there's more of it!
  12. FredW.
  13. TheDude
    Jan 25, 2008
    The pilot was terrific! This show has wonderful potential... Bryan Cranston is doing some of the finest acting you'll see on TV. Can't wait for Sunday again; I think this'll be one of the best shows on TV.
  14. khalid
    Jan 30, 2008
    Great show includes quality acting by Cranston and moody direction creates a show I can get behind for a season at least.
  15. ScottH.
    Feb 29, 2008
    One of the greatest shows of this decade. I'm in love.
  16. NatoT.
    Nov 2, 2008
    This show may actually be enough to move creator Vince Gilligan out of the X-files shadow that he has been forced to live in for so long. Amazing altogether, i give it the best show on television nomination.
  17. ShawnL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    It feels so cliche to vote 10 but then again, I probably wouldn't be voting if I didn't feel that this is one of the top five shows I've seen in the past few years. It's novel and well executed.
  18. nicolew
    Mar 29, 2009
    Never before have I uttered the words "I LOVE THAT SHOW!". I enjoy other shows, but none hold my attention and anticiapation as much as this show does. Breaking Bad is the best series I have ever seen, mixing just enough of the impossible and the ordinary. I can't get enough!
  19. JohnW.
    Mar 13, 2008
    I gave it a ten, maybe it should be a 9. Either way I think it is a definite must see and I'd say one of the top ten shows on tv this year. It an excellent story plot. The underdog with cancer, doing things behind the scenes that nobody expects to be in his personality. If you liked the movie "Falling Down", you'll love this show.
  20. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  21. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  22. Jul 20, 2011
    Best show ever ! I tell all my friends they must watch it. Thanks from France
  23. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hookedAt first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a little disappointing that Season 1 has such a low critic ranking here; it deserves better. I love the first Season of Breaking Bad because it really does set up what happens next. Obvious, yes, but the people that don't like this season aren't watching it for the right reasons. Us as viewers are watching this season to look at Walter White's life before he becomes Heisenberg later. His chilling first kill, his friendship with Jesse. The cancer; everything.

The season is filled with action, and even episodes that don't really feature that (Grey Matter) are great at setting the groundwork of what's to come, particularly Walt's speech in Season 5 where he expresses regret in leaving the company.

Breaking Bad is an absolutely brilliant show.
  25. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week!If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  26. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutelyI admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  27. Jun 30, 2013
    Just one of the best show you could possibly watch, probably the best of the best. I've always asked myself what this season could be without the "cut" to seven episodes.
  28. Jul 22, 2013
    Simply put, the best TV show ever made. Flawless and brilliant. The characters are great, the acting is superb, the story is never less than compelling, and the flourishes are stunning.
  29. Sep 3, 2013
    I put this show on through the first episode twice. When I finally decided to watch the show it ended up being literally one of the greatest shows I've ever seen!!! I'm so glad I was able to experience this show!!!!
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    Best show ever. it captures you from the outset and throughout. You get so attached to the characters it's just awesome. It's a really great show i don't even know why it's not that popular.
  31. FaustoF.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very good show. Hooked me in and now I can't stop watching. Can't wait for the next episode!
  32. DennisW.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Later episodes don't have quite the wacky edginess as the first couple, but it's an interesting ride and introspective - always looking forward to the next episode.
  33. EssaM.
    Jan 2, 2009
    I have now watch the last 5 episode. It is very good acting. Overall the story line is perfect as it has all elements of suprise as well as emotions. Only thing i can complain about is that it is a bit slow from time to time, and there is some wierd clips so u don't understand why the clip is there just very random. Also it sorta reminds me of Weeds. It is very very dark TV series. I have now watch the last 5 episode. It is very good acting. Overall the story line is perfect as it has all elements of suprise as well as emotions. Only thing i can complain about is that it is a bit slow from time to time, and there is some wierd clips so u don't understand why the clip is there just very random. Also it sorta reminds me of Weeds. It is very very dark TV series. Out of all and everything which has come out this year this is the suprise of the year. Other then that i have to give it a good 9 or even 9.5 as i am looking forward for the second season. Expand
  34. WesM
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome pilot, at times hilarious and others heartbreaking; can't wait for the next episode.
  35. BenH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    This show is amazing. It plays like a film and breaks barriers about what can be on TV. I have not been this excited about a TV series since The Sopranos or Six Feet Under. Watch and be amazed by the plot, acting, and emotional reaction you have.
  36. JarredS
    Awsome!
  37. hrw.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely stunning. Brian Cranston is absolutely riveting to watch. Walter White is a fascinating character - i love the developing dynamic between him and jesse, as well as his transformation into nihilistic drug mastermind. one of the best shows on television, period.
  38. MattK.
    Mar 26, 2008
    It is simply astounding how AMC has been able to hit the nail so squarely on the head with two out of two original series so far. I thought it might suffer from comparisons to Mad Men, but Breaking Bad is easily just as compelling. Well done AMC, you're batting 1000!
  39. MilesB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Rich with suspense and irony throughout, Bad will capture the imagination of one-hour-drama fans. Acting is solid, characters are pretty much believable despite sometimes the writing can use a bit of tweaking to avoid flat characterization but it's far more entertaining than the usual tired shows and it leaves the viewer always asking what happens next.
  40. FredW.
  41. LelandK
    What a great pilot!!!
  42. PatrickN
    Jan 21, 2008
    After viewing the pilot episode, all I can say is that Breaking Bad is a fresh breath of talented air in a TV World chalk-full of reality shows and docu-drama crap. Breaking Bad is very cinematic in tone and full of top notch acting, writing, and directing this show grabs you from the start and never lets go, I'm eagerly awaiting the second episode of this show.
  43. DerekL
    Jan 21, 2008
    One of the best pilots of the year.
  44. JayW
    Jan 22, 2008
    My friend and I started watching this after being interested by the commercials. It's a great show, very authentic feeling, and I for one am not going to be missing any new episodes and neither is my friend.
  45. BJ
    Feb 3, 2008
    Love this show! I've seen the first 2 episodes and I'm trying to tell everyone I know to watch it. It's great to see the dad from "Malcolm in the Middle" being such a great actor, since his character in "Malcolm was so over-the top, I wasn't sure if he could actually "act" well, but I'm surprised! Too bad the Super Bowl is this week and there's not a new Love this show! I've seen the first 2 episodes and I'm trying to tell everyone I know to watch it. It's great to see the dad from "Malcolm in the Middle" being such a great actor, since his character in "Malcolm was so over-the top, I wasn't sure if he could actually "act" well, but I'm surprised! Too bad the Super Bowl is this week and there's not a new episode.. lol Expand
  46. AaronS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Great show with great acting all around especially from Bryan Cranston.
  47. AdamT.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Only this and Dexter have been remotely worth watching,in the last couple of years.This show is has great acting and a storyline that keeps me waiting for the next episode.
  48. KimL
    Mar 9, 2008
    I hope there will be a second season. Finally, something that addresses cancer. A show that forces us to understand that sometimes happy endings aren't possible.
  49. BrendanD.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I think this show is fantastic. The acting is great, its very well written, its full of a quality mix of drama, action, and dark comedy with a compelling story line. I really hope there will be a second season, because my only complaint is that the first season was so short!
  50. FredW.
    Jun 26, 2008
  51. ClaudiaC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is the best show on TV since The Sopranos and 6 Feet Under. It's even pushed my latest favorite show Dexter of its Number one Spot. Great acting and plot!
  52. PeterA
    Jan 21, 2008
    This show knocked me on my ass -- funny, dark, suspenseful. I've never seen anything like it on TV before!
  53. JaredC.
    Feb 13, 2008
    A well written script and a beautifully acted lead combine to form a dark but refreshing bit of drama in Breaking Bad.
  54. DaveS.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Excellent writing, many unpredictable plot turns, fine acting.
  55. PeterM.
    Mar 15, 2008
    The story line propels this show along at an incredible pace sweeping the viewer up in its storm. The watcher will hardly know that an entire hour has passed and will be left wanting for more. The characters are compelling and the season finale leaves you pondering the changing character dynamics as well as the arbitrary nature of societal norms.
  56. RafaelR.
    Aug 23, 2008
    It is one of the best shows I have seen in the last years. I have seen two or three times each episode to see if I missed something before. I can't wait to see the next season!
  57. Jan 4, 2012
    You owe it to yourself to give the show time to get a grip of you, because once it does it's one of the finest productions on television. I was skeptical at first; I didn't quite believe some of the motivations and didn't identify with most of the characters at the start, but after 4 seasons, which get better and better, I adore this show.
  58. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. ButAbsolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Expand
  59. Aug 23, 2011
    Just.. fantastic. I'd be here all day praising it if I continue to write any more!
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    Not just the best tv show ever made (obvious fact), but so much more. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. Better than almost every movie. Everyone involved in creating this series is the best filmmaker currently working.
    Completely unique, always surprising, groundbreaking, shocking, meaningful, special, horrifying, funny, heartbreaking, sad, profound, exciting, deeply tragic, ... there are no real words to describe it.
  61. Sep 26, 2011
    Nice series. Original and well filmed. Good cast as well. I enjoyed every bit.
  62. Oct 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't start watching this show until the 4th episode. But when I did see it I was hooked. I immediately watched the first three episodes and was blown away. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are two amazing actors and have great chemistry. The story telling is nothing short of great.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    There are very few series bind me and Breaking Bad is one of the series. Each episode had me on the voltage at the top and I wondered what will next happen. That's what makes a great series, voltage, no excessive violence, but really real, and many questions
  64. Dec 13, 2011
    This is one of the best TV dramas I've ever seen. The creative writing is terrific. The show is superbly well cast and well acted. I had no idea that "Whatley" had that kind of range, though he makes a fine talk show guest (one of the better appearances I've seen on Letterman).
  65. Nov 20, 2011
    I forgot how great TV could be until I saw this show. There is never a dull moment in Breaking Bad. The characters and character development are great, and the plot is just amazing. I can't recommend this show enough. If you haven't seen it yet, go on Netflix and start watching it immediately, you won't be able to turn away from your TV, and you won't want to.
  66. Dec 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find thisBreaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time Expand
  67. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  68. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  69. Jan 19, 2012
    It's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying atIt's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying at first glance, but looking deeper there's actually a sort of satirical humor even there, and in any case, that aspect of the show was one of the first to disappear. The writers strike also makes it tough to evaluate the end of the season - I like to think of the second episode of season 2 as the final episode of this arc, which really makes a difference. Expand
  70. Feb 5, 2012
    This is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watchThis is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watch this incredible show. Expand
  71. Feb 21, 2014
    The story is engaging, the acting is fantastic and makes the characters seem so authentic and genuine. The audience is drawn to be sympathetic for Walt's predicament, but we can't condone the terrible choices he's had to make. The series produces an intense feeling of suspense and unease because it just never lets up. Just when you thought that one problem was solved, another problem arises.
  72. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad that the 5th season will be the last, but the story will remain timeless due to this shows wonderous philosophical agenda best show on basic cable in years
  73. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  74. Jan 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad revealed itsself to me as one of the most exciting series af the last years. There is some pretty harsh material to make evening entertainment (cancer disease, drug addiction, family crisis). However Breaking Bad manages to maintain a high level of tension sugared with black humor, without becoming unbelievable or too clichee. A must watch!
  75. Sep 5, 2013
    I am barely on Season three and I am pretty much addicted to this show, I mean the story is interesting and keeps you on your toes during every episode. You think you know what's going to happen and then BAM! You weren't expecting this, you're excited for the next episode to play and through out the entire series...you're just like "Oh my god, this is...oh my god."...I recommend you watch this.
  76. Apr 20, 2013
    It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots.It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots. This is one masterpiece of a series, and i really want to suck up the damn final part of season 5, but till then we have to wait for summer 2013. That´s a downside too. You have to wait nearly a whole year for a new season, but at least it´s worth it! WATCH IT! It´s a legendary TV Show you need to watch! Expand
  77. Apr 15, 2013
    An excellent start for one of the best television series of recent years. Bryan Cranston, showing his great quality, after playing perfectly the role of Walter White.
  78. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  79. Oct 7, 2013
    Cinematically rendered, Breaking Bad deftly mixes elements of black comedy, psychological thriller and crime drama to cook up (pun intended) something wonderful driven by the terrifically engaging writing of Vince Gilligan & Co. and Bryan Cranston's mesmeric lead performance.
  80. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  81. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the Sopranos, Dexter and Lost in my opinion!! Expand
  82. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Deserves 10 out of 10 easily. It got better and better in every season. Unfortunately, after you watch this show, you may want to cook your meth. Walter White may be your next role model.
  83. May 24, 2014
    I finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially byI finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially by Bryan Cranston, is some of the best I've ever seen, and his character development over the 5 seasons is amazing to watch. A must watch! One of the only series I have continued to think about and dwell on even after I've finished watching it all. Expand
  84. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que noBrutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  85. Dec 25, 2014
    I'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. HighlyI'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a new show to get wrapped up into. Expand
  86. Jan 15, 2015
    This series is the Michael Jordan of television. You can think of elements that make up a great TV show and probably all of those would fit Breaking Bad. The acting, the plot, the comedy, the seeming reality, the anticipation, the badass, the music, the "Whoa, did that just happen?" moments, the depth... it wouldn't take much for one to get hooked.

If you're thinking that this show is

If you're thinking that this show is just a drama about a man dying from cancer who turns into making meth for his family's betterment in the future, prepare to be mistaken.
  87. DerekB
    Jan 10, 2009
    This show is so real it hurts. I know from experience. The acting is top notch. The story is believable and they don't glorify the drugs. They let you know how scary the world of meth is. Ready for season 2!
  88. BushM.
    Feb 5, 2008
    very well done
  89. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  90. Dec 4, 2012
    Realistic,touching and breathtaking.Waited for years to watch a show of that quality.
  91. Mar 13, 2013
    Great, awesome, spectacular. That´s 3 words which discribed those well spent 55 minutes of my day watching this tv show. Let´s start with the story: from the second the show starts you say "Oh my god!" (in the "this is awesome" way) for the first time. And i promise you, it wont be the last. The story engages you from the start and never lets you go. Even right now i look back to thoseGreat, awesome, spectacular. That´s 3 words which discribed those well spent 55 minutes of my day watching this tv show. Let´s start with the story: from the second the show starts you say "Oh my god!" (in the "this is awesome" way) for the first time. And i promise you, it wont be the last. The story engages you from the start and never lets you go. Even right now i look back to those awesome moments which make this tv show and i say "Damn, i can´t believe that happened!" (Again, in the holy sh*t that was awesome kind of way). There were so many moments where your jaw just had to drop and you couldn´t keep biting your nails. This show showed me that you can never run out of ideas. I know many good tv shows that start in an engaging season or episodes and the next ones just can´t live up to the previous ones. But this show improved with every season in every way. The actors are fantastic, specialy Brian Cranston who is for me the most interesting and badass of them all. Aaron Paul and Dean Norris were the other two who stood out. Of course the others were terrific too, like Anna Gunn and RJ Mitte. Every scene with Cranston in it you can´t keep your eyes of him (which is almost the whole show): The same goes to Aaron who makes his carachter, Jesse one of the funniest and most interesting figures in this tv show. The mood of the show is so dark and realistic and sometimes even funny. You can´t help but laugh in some scenes that are so f****d up but the way that the director portrays them is very humorous. By the way the director Vince Gilligan does an amazing job of setting tension, emotion and laughter. Another thing, the soundtrack! Every song fits perfectly with the scene it´s in. It pumps you up in such a way I hadn´t experienced yet. There are so many scenes I´d like to show you which include an awesome song, but dudes, I want to make this spoiler free. In the end this tv show is an example of spectacular acting, directing, editing and plot. All tv shows should take this show as an example and as inspiration. I´m so pumped for the upcoming finale because I´m sure they´ll get it right from what I´ve seen these past 4,5 seasons! Expand
  92. ChuckC
    Jan 21, 2008
    What a great show , it had me thinking of it all night.
  93. Sep 18, 2011
    Absolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing workAbsolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing work of TV gold. Expand
  94. Jul 25, 2011
    Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of,Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of, if not THE best show of the last 10 years. If you havenâ Expand
  95. Sep 16, 2013
    Hands down one of the best ever show in TV history. The series gets better and better every season. Every single character showed how worthy he was of that role. Shoutouts to Bryan and Aaron.
  96. Oct 24, 2012
    Season 1 of HBO's Breaking Bad is a superbly acted and well crafted prologue to one of television's greatest gems, introducing the viewer to its compelling characters and plot lines while maintaining an addictive tempo.
  97. Jul 22, 2012
    One word: Amazing.
    Every critic that was given to this show is well-deserved and yes, it is getting better from season to season.
    The reason for this is - in my mind - very simple and obvious: Each season builds on the next, so in the end you just have one string of action, which extends more and more. I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite
    One word: Amazing.

I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite instantly!
    Season 5 is no exception!
  98. Oct 9, 2012
    A little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually becomeA little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually become one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2012
    A short, but sweet taste of a show with a lot of promise. Let's see what they do with it.
  100. helloyou
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome show. Perfect balance of drama and comedy and easily relate-able at times. Very much like the movie, Falling Down, but I actually enjoyed this hour long episode more than that movie. I hope it is able to keep it up.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.