• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. May 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show made me love the protagonist and then hate him more then I all of the antagonists combined. That ending wasn't what I expected to happen but it was good. Best binge watching I had in a long time. Expand
  2. May 29, 2015
    Breaking Bad is just a perfect tv show about a chemistry teacher turning into a cold blooded drug dealer !
    To me experiencing the development of the characters is the best thing about the show.
  3. May 28, 2015
    La temporada 1 de Breaking Bad fue el inicio en el que mi opinion, nacio la mejor serie de la historia de la TV. Tal vez empieza un poco lenta, muchas conversaciones para los que son amantes de Duro de Matar y mucha accion.
    Pero cada cap fue increible y a esta temporada le doy un 9.
  4. May 27, 2015
    The decaying world of Walter White comes alive in this first season of Breaking Bad, now regarded by some (myself included) as the greatest television drama of all time. Of course, the show is a notorious slow-burner; this first season is an introduction to our characters and the barriers that they must overcome, and at times may appear too slow for the casual viewer. There is no moreThe decaying world of Walter White comes alive in this first season of Breaking Bad, now regarded by some (myself included) as the greatest television drama of all time. Of course, the show is a notorious slow-burner; this first season is an introduction to our characters and the barriers that they must overcome, and at times may appear too slow for the casual viewer. There is no more rewarding experience, however, then the result of staying loyal to this series - take the crux of Season 1, the brilliantly explosive "Crazy Handful of Nothin'". In one episode we see the hazy beginnings of Walt's transformation, and the following seasons only improve on the quality of television on display here. A truly haunting and addictive season of TV. Expand
  5. May 27, 2015
    Despite some awkward dialogue and some less than perfect acting throughout the 7 episodes, the direction and intriguing story of this show set it up for future seasons. A fantastic premise for a show
  6. May 25, 2015
    This is one of the best drama TV series to appear on our screens over the past few years. The acting is perfect, direction is quality and production values are high. During each series, there is one or two slow episodes - but watching every episode of every series gives back a lot to the soul.
  7. May 19, 2015
    This show is more addictive than meth, at the beginning didn't have any idea of what the show was about but after the pilot gave it a shot, and until now haven't seen any TV show that can be compared with.
  8. May 12, 2015
    I hate giving out 10s, but this series is deserving of a 10. The character development is among the best that I have ever seen. I also appreciate when a series contains a storyline that is not so easy to predict. This series is entertaining in many different ways.
  9. May 4, 2015
    Are you looking for a television series that is filled with action and drama? Not looking for just another sitcom or a criminal investigation show like Criminal Minds, NCIS, or CSI? Breaking Bad is the show for you. Breaking Bad is a drama television series that aired from 2008 to 2013. It is an AMC series that falls under the drama/thriller genre. The show won two Golden Globe Awards, andAre you looking for a television series that is filled with action and drama? Not looking for just another sitcom or a criminal investigation show like Criminal Minds, NCIS, or CSI? Breaking Bad is the show for you. Breaking Bad is a drama television series that aired from 2008 to 2013. It is an AMC series that falls under the drama/thriller genre. The show won two Golden Globe Awards, and Emmy for Outstanding Drama, another 117 wins, and 189 nominations. It was also rated 5 out of 5 stars on Rotten Tomatoes and 9.5 out of 10 stars on IMDb. The writer of the show is Vince Gilligan and Michelle MacLaren is the director. The main characters are Walter White played by Bryan Cranston, Jesse Pinkman played by Aaron Paul, and Skyler White played by Anna Gunn.
    The plot is about a middle-aged man, Walter, who is over qualified to be a public high school chemistry teacher who was recently diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. He has a 15-year-old son with cerebral palsy and a wife on maternity leave with a baby on the way. Walter considers the future of his cancer. How will he pay for the treatment and provide for his family without debt? He discovers a way make quick money for his chemotherapy and provide for his family when he is eventually gone. Walter teams up with an old student, Jesse, who is experienced in selling illegal drugs on the streets. Together they cook and sell the purest form of methamphetamine sold on the street they call “blue meth”. Walt and Jesse quickly become well known and popular in the drug world. Their lives soon become filled with crime and drama that they cannot escape from. They encounter some very dangerous criminals and eventually become criminals themselves. Walt’s brother in law, Hank, is a DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) agent. Hank is investigating crimes Walt is secretly the cause of or involved in.
    This television series will hook any type of person in. The show is aimed toward older teens and adults no matter on gender or interests. Each episode is so unpredictable that anything can happen and will make you want to keep watching. Each season is very organized and planned so there are no open-ended questions. Everyone appreciates and enjoys good acting with a creative story with some dry humor. The plot is very unique and not copied or modeled off of anything done before.
    Besides everything I think was done well, there were a few things I did not like within the series. My main complaint was what some of the characters turned into as the show progressed. For example, Walter’s character starts out as a quiet, nice, timid, and very intelligent father. Once he starts cooking and selling drugs, he becomes very greedy and merciless. Cooking methamphetamine comes very easy to him, which leads to large money flow that blinds him from knowing when enough is enough. By the end of the show, he becomes too greedy and his main priorities are lost.
    The father, Walter, is simply a teacher and the mother, Skyler, is pregnant. They are a quiet family that acts and dresses proper and conservative. These details are relevant because you would never expect their situation from an outside perspective. The family is very relatable because to the rest of the world, the Whites are average family. The setting takes place in New Mexico because the use of methamphetamine is more popular and active than it is in Pennsylvania, for example. In my opinion, the acting was terrific and very professional. The main actors have had multiple awards for their performance.
    This series was by far one of my favorites. Within all five seasons, I found minimal flaws. This show is very organized and leaves you without questions or wonders. I recommend this show to anyone because it is not aimed toward one specific audience.
  10. Apr 22, 2015
    Starts off a little slow but the pace picks up halfway through season 1. From that point on it's a thrilling ride. Breaking Bad is a modern day classic.
  11. Apr 9, 2015
    Breaking Bad is an amazing masterpiece and I enjoyed it. I really wish there were more shows like this one. The only other show I think may come close is Dexter.
  12. Mar 30, 2015
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However, any flaws present here are largely overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  13. Mar 29, 2015
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show we are ever going to get. Perfect Writing, Perfect Casting, Perfect Story. Everything about this show is awesome, there is only 1 slightly meh episode in my opinion and it's the Fly one in season 3. Everything else is LEGENDARY.

14. Feb 21, 2015
    One of the best series of all times, right beside Six Feet Under.
    Story start slow at start but it gets better and more dynamic every episode. Highly recommended!!!
  15. Feb 16, 2015
    It didn't caught my attention, like it hasn't a good story for my expectation, it isn't mean that the show is a poor quality one, but it isn't my style of shows. I don't like it.
  16. Jan 29, 2015
    Wow! what a show! this show is perfect, the acting is great, the story is told very well and each season just leaves you hanging for more! You must watch this show!
  17. Jan 15, 2015
    This series is the Michael Jordan of television. You can think of elements that make up a great TV show and probably all of those would fit Breaking Bad. The acting, the plot, the comedy, the seeming reality, the anticipation, the badass, the music, the "Whoa, did that just happen?" moments, the depth... it wouldn't take much for one to get hooked.

If you're thinking that this show is

If you're thinking that this show is just a drama about a man dying from cancer who turns into making meth for his family's betterment in the future, prepare to be mistaken.
  18. Jan 12, 2015
    Very good television beyond belief, it hits you where you're most sensitive and isn't afraid to take a piece out of the viewer by sinking the subject matter to a place very few show's have ever done.
  19. Jan 12, 2015
    This is a great start to a great series. The story is far more than just solid, Bryan Cranston steps out of his shoes from just being "Malcolm's Dad" and he shows he can act dramatically very well. A great start, and the best has yet to come
  20. Jan 7, 2015
    Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2015
    Breaking Bad features an excellent story full of cool villains, betrayals, intense moments, and one good plan gone wrong after another. What I find impressive is that it manages to make a meth selling criminal a likable person, which is no easy feat. The show can be a bit predictable, as no plan turns out the way it's supposed to, but that reflects real life. None of the women in the showBreaking Bad features an excellent story full of cool villains, betrayals, intense moments, and one good plan gone wrong after another. What I find impressive is that it manages to make a meth selling criminal a likable person, which is no easy feat. The show can be a bit predictable, as no plan turns out the way it's supposed to, but that reflects real life. None of the women in the show are good people. I'm not one of those people who climbs to a the top of a mountain and demands tv shows to have cool female characters, but it would be nice for this show to have at least one. Expand
  22. Dec 25, 2014
    I'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. HighlyI'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a new show to get wrapped up into. Expand
  23. Dec 23, 2014
    This has got to be one of the worst TV shows of all time. What do you people see in it? I wanted all the characters killed off except for Saul. Plot's dull. Storyline stupid... who in their right mind will cook meth in someone else's house while it is supposedly being renovated?
  24. Dec 16, 2014
    Slowly but surely we feel a part of Walter White's world. This is not Breaking Bad anywhere near it's finest but it still does enough to develop an intrigue and fondness within us towards a series with a lot of potential. In truth the first season lays the ground for Breaking Bad to go ahead and make real progress. There is potential for an engrossing story and captivating performances within it.
  25. Dec 14, 2014
    It is one of the best TV shows ever made. Hats off to the entire team. Director projection of walter white character and the transmission from chemistry teacher to Don.......wow.........Awesome.
  26. Dec 14, 2014
    I have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 isI have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 is almost perfection, I cannot wait to see how the characters will react once the story has ended and if walt ever gets found out.. should be interesting. Expand
  27. Dec 13, 2014
    I will surely attract attention of many, but I'm not the biggest fan of that show. I find boring a little bit, I can't see this whole psychodramatic plot accents - or I just don't care about them. It has terrible characters, each one of them makes me crazy. In my private opinion, Breaking Bad is one of the most overrated tv shows ever and I completely can't understand its phenomena.
  28. Dec 11, 2014
    "Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters"Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters are perfect, everything else is perfect, the moral dilemmas are perfect... Let's just say: "Breaking Bad is a perfect mix". Expand
  29. Dec 9, 2014
    The only reason i rate this an 8/10 is because it pretty much sets up the rest of the show, still there's a lot of great moments that will make you jump out of your seat.
  30. Dec 9, 2014
    I watched the first two series twice but on each occasion gave up .. so recently with some time on my hands after a broken leg I decide to give it a go for the third time. I'm currently on series 4 episode 4 and have to say it's distinctly average. Not a patch on the wire, sopranos , game of thrones. Some scenes are genuinely riveting but there are long spells where it gets boring andI watched the first two series twice but on each occasion gave up .. so recently with some time on my hands after a broken leg I decide to give it a go for the third time. I'm currently on series 4 episode 4 and have to say it's distinctly average. Not a patch on the wire, sopranos , game of thrones. Some scenes are genuinely riveting but there are long spells where it gets boring and you lose attention. Hopefully it picks up soon but even if it does overall not good. Really can't see for the life of me what people see in it Expand
  31. Nov 27, 2014
    The score is for the entire series not the individual season.

The show is great. Pretty good crime drama. Story was good, acting was good. I wish the ending was a bit more elaborate than just, well , if you seen it you know how it ends. I recommend you watch it if you haven't.
  32. Nov 23, 2014
    My favorite TV show of all time. There are so many memorable moments and quotes. There are also so many memorable villains 'Heisenberg' meets along the way. Bryan Cranston couldn't have done this role any better, and no one could have replaced him
  33. Nov 11, 2014
    This series was wild from start to finish. For real a washed up teacher teams up with some edgy gangster druggy to make meth which ends up being one of the greatest shows of all time.
  34. Oct 31, 2014
    The popular T.V. series Breaking Bad is very well written making it the best T.V. show to date.
    The actors do a fantastic job understanding their role and playing the characters. RJ Mitte plays Walter White Junior, who has mild cerebral palsy. The actor himself does not have the disability but does a fantastic job throughout the five years it was televised, convincing many of the viewers he did. Aaron Paul plays Jesse Pinkman a young high school graduate that deals meth. He plays his character so well some people believe he spent time with meth users in order to understand what his character for the movie needed to act like. As you watch the series come together you easily become emotionally attached to the characters. Your heart breaks as Walter and Jesse’s friendship ends over a fight, and you rejoice when Walt’s cancer disappears.
    In addition to the great actors the movie has many plot twists. When you finally think you understand what is going to happen next, something completely different happens. You never fully understand what is going to happen next because the writing keeps you on your toes and guessing about the upcoming scenes. The creators do a great job at not adding in extra scenes that distract from the plot. The writing improved over the years pulling in more viewers each year. The season five finale pulled in 12.4 million viewers easily tripling the amount of viewers they had during season one. The idea of participating in illegal activity to support ones family is becoming very popular on upcoming T.V. shows, and Breaking Bad does a great job being one of the first television shows to do this.
    I recommend Breaking Bad to anyone that wants a great show that will keep you on the edge of your seat and wondering what will happen next. It is very easy to follow and a great show to watch with friends.
  35. Oct 25, 2014
    it is rotin thar whit and pinkman into the oroblem and kill somone and free.after a week the try to cook someyhing and each season the tried to work someone and he want to kill me white and white kill him. it is reptation
  36. Oct 23, 2014
    If you somehow didn't get on the bandwagon for the last season, you missed out huge. Don't let it continue, watch it all! This whole show is great, but the last season is the best entertainment I have ever seen with my own 2 eyeballs.
  37. Oct 22, 2014
    Alright then. I did not watch all of the series yet, in fact, Iam at Season 2 Episode 12 right now. As far as I can tell, is this probably the best TV series I have ever watched! Seriously, it's just amazing! It is a real joy to watch this series so far and I will definetely continue to watch this show.
    But there is one thing I want to say right now. And in fact, it is not even important for a review but I just hate or think that following characters are **** unnecessary(so far in the show, in my opinion).
    Skyler
    Jesse(like seriously, who the **** is this nobody? Well, probably this is the hole point of him; being nobody)
    Jane(hate her so **** much)
    And yeah, that's it. Iam sorry if this is not a proper review but I just wanted to make statement about this show and the characters. Still my favourite show so far together with The Walking Dead and of course Game of Thrones! :D
  38. Oct 18, 2014
    this show is everything you could want from a drama with great characters amazing dialogue captivating story and much much more this show is so addictive you will binge watch that show way to much this show is one if not the best show ever made
  39. Oct 2, 2014
    This show is just amazing,I loved every episode,This is one of my favorite shows......

But....It's not for everyone ,This show is not safe for people under the age of 15....

But it is enjoyable for pretty much everyone else :D
  40. Sep 29, 2014
    Breaking Bad is one of the best shows to ever be on television. Period. Great acting, great storytelling, and originality are all there. A perfect score from this guy here.
  41. Sep 25, 2014
    Great introduction, Breaking Bad's first season has a different way of going and acting, it seems a regular TV show about family problems and chemistry, that's what makes Breaking Bad so perfect in all means, it suprises you every season, almost every episode, is where Bryan Cranson and Aaron Paul show what they're up to, is the type of great acting that gives the actor the characterGreat introduction, Breaking Bad's first season has a different way of going and acting, it seems a regular TV show about family problems and chemistry, that's what makes Breaking Bad so perfect in all means, it suprises you every season, almost every episode, is where Bryan Cranson and Aaron Paul show what they're up to, is the type of great acting that gives the actor the character personality and vice versa. Expand
  42. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  43. Sep 16, 2014
    Oh, wow.

I watched the first season already when it came out a few years back, but started watching the rest only a while ago. That resulted in me binging the last four seasons, 55 episodes, in four weeks. And those weeks must be the best ones of my life. Well, at least almost. This is the way TV should be written. What a character study. It used so many techniques to highlight the
    Oh, wow.

This is the way TV should be written. What a character study. It used so many techniques to highlight the depths of human nature. The show cleverly used the environment and objects to highlight the inner feelings of characters. The dialogue was well planned and sharp. The meth cooking was in the end just a small device to explore humanity and what drives people, whether towards good or bad. You know what? I could keep showering this show with praise, but I don't really need to, because most of you already know what I'm talking about.

What I will however say is this: I cannot understand those people who find this show boring, who think that the long scenes with dialogue are nonsensical. They apparently have no idea about quality writing and how stories are built up! I have no idea what kind of shows give a person satisfaction if Breaking Bad doesn't. This show is deeply emotional. How can a person find a show boring when innocent people in it have to suffer the ramifications of a few people's bad deeds? They say one cannot argue about taste, but when it comes to Breaking Bad, I think one can. All the awards and accolades speak for themselves. If one belongs to the tiny minority of people which doesn't like this show, then one needs to question one's understanding of superb story telling.
  44. Sep 5, 2014
    very interesting !!!xdrtresteysetrtsre gsesrtrterhfeygstretggretuurruuugbriegeruig eirgieriueutertihuuugnneritie eiirtiieritieirtieiriigereirteiiertuhein ieeteeeerterte eterte
  45. Aug 22, 2014
    I've only till a couple months ago learned why this show is rated as it is. Intense and human acting, with some f the best writing a basic cable television show has to offer. And an interesting story line to top it off. This is the show that will go down in history forever.
  46. Aug 17, 2014
  47. Jul 30, 2014
    9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy stuff before he leaves this world & decides to make drugs (methamphetamine) with one of his former student & they sell it on a black market. And that's all! The only pros of this TV Show are some actors, which play really good, especially the main character, but it can't help this TV Show when plot is uninteresting & boring. During last episodes I was so bored, that I didn't even watch it normally. I was just listening to it & browsing the Internet at the same time. I quit at the beginning of the Season 2 & I don't even have a desire to continue it. Definitely not worth the 9.6. It's very overrated. I'm giving it 4 out of 10. Expand
  48. Jul 30, 2014
    The most additive tv show ever, excellent performances and exquisite history from begin to end. You must view this serie and you will not regret. The rating as pure as the meth superior 9.1
  49. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que noBrutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  50. Jul 9, 2014
    Хоть начало сногсшибательной криминальной драмы и может показаться достаточно унылым, стоит помнить, что самый сок еще впереди.
  51. Jul 9, 2014
    Une serie remarquable qui m'a tenu en haleine. Le ton, le rythme, la psychologie des personnages, ont transformé chaque étape du parcours de walter en chef d'oeuvre d'intelligence et d'humour noir.
    Un chef d'oeuvre.
  52. Jul 5, 2014
    Out of every movie, tv-show, or anything that has been displayed on a screen for that matter, this, THIS show is the best thing I have ever seen. When people ask my top 3 favourite movies, I say breaking bad anyways. Down right spectacular with an ending that was none other than perfect. I can't believe people could make something so good, it's just outrageous. If anyone gives it under aOut of every movie, tv-show, or anything that has been displayed on a screen for that matter, this, THIS show is the best thing I have ever seen. When people ask my top 3 favourite movies, I say breaking bad anyways. Down right spectacular with an ending that was none other than perfect. I can't believe people could make something so good, it's just outrageous. If anyone gives it under a 9, they didn't pay attention to the show. I am not the danger, I am the danger. Expand
  53. Jun 29, 2014
    Probably the greatest TV show I've ever seen. Great characters, dialogue and suspense with a little bit of humour.. Bryan Cranston is remarkable and Aaron Paul is fantastic. Some episodes are small masterpieces of suspense. Bravo!
  54. Jun 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad was and still is the best TV Show and I just love it. I might be a guy who really doesn't care about shows that get talked about a lot. So when I was recommended the show I was like OK fine. The pilot episode got hooked I'm in. I wanted to see where these characters go; I wanted to see the ideas and plot twist and turns. The show is just so good, by the end of the show inBreaking Bad was and still is the best TV Show and I just love it. I might be a guy who really doesn't care about shows that get talked about a lot. So when I was recommended the show I was like OK fine. The pilot episode got hooked I'm in. I wanted to see where these characters go; I wanted to see the ideas and plot twist and turns. The show is just so good, by the end of the show in season 5 episode 15 I'm really happy.

Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it will be remembered. So hail to the king. And thank you ever much for reading, Goodbye.
  55. Jun 24, 2014
    The best show ever made begins. It did have a great season. Breaking Bad will later become the best show ever made. That's how awesome this shows becomes
  56. Jun 21, 2014
    The smartest American drama to ever hit TV with sharp wit, tragedy and violence all wrapped up in the dangers of meth cooking and dealing. Vince Gilligan ensures you will laugh, cry and squirm in this fantastic opening of a TV show. 8/10
  57. Jun 12, 2014
    This is the best television series in the history of television. Breaking Bad is put together well. All of the actors fit their roles perfectly, the story line is unmatched . The cinematic views of Albuquerque, New Mexico are breath-taking, and the violence is, well, violent.
    Season 1 through the first have of the 5th season is very entertaining, keeps a great story line with suspense. The 2nd half of the 5th season is when all hell breaks loose. Edge of your seat entertainment. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you are missing out on television history!
  58. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've marathon watched breaking bad all 5 seasons from beginning to end, in about a month and a half. is it a good tv series? yes. Is it overrated by the media? hell yes. Overall Breaking Bad is a good tv show, but overrated as heck. The positives: Gustavo Fring and the fear, suspense he bought to the show, Walter White(Bryan cranston) was a very likeable and good actor, it had a lot of suspenseful moments. The negatives: Walter White's family (skyler and his son) were so underwhelming and had no impact on the show except was there to be annoying and to be fillers. The ending (and season 5 in general) was very disappointing; they tried to create a grand ending (with the machine gun and the car); but it just didnt work at all.. to be honest I'll be more content with the series ending at season 4 than watching season 5 and being disappointed. I understand this show is in Walter White's perspective, but to not know what happens after he dies is unacceptable. Like what happened to skyler and jess pinkman? To be honest If I was to reccomend the show to someone, I'll say start watching the show when Gustavo was first introduced, and stop watching after his death. Still a solid show tho. 85/100 Expand
  59. Jun 8, 2014
    One of the best TV Shows ever made, AMC's Breaking Bad proves that creating a new idea and putting that idea to work can indeed work out well. This show has some of the most well-written, well-developed, and overall well-made characters on the small screen. This is a show which you will find yourself losing hours in as you delve into this brilliant work.
  60. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  61. Jun 6, 2014
    Very good acting of bryan cranston, the way he laughed,and threat peoples and family,great story,make sense,and how they make their meth,they sell it,and they got many problems,very logic,this is my favorite tv series,the course that can we learn,very useful for our life
  62. Jun 6, 2014
    This show is perfect. There is not other way to describe it. Excellent acting from all characters with an excellent, entertaining story. There is never a dull or boring moment in this show, all the way from the brilliant pilot to the superb ending. If you haven't seen this show yet, give it try, you won't be disappointed.
  63. Jun 5, 2014
    This is how TV should be done. A story that has never been seen before, tremendous acting skills, and cliffhangers at every turn. If you've never watched Breaking Bad, you should. ****
  64. Jun 4, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant. There are of course a few discrepancies but it isn't every day you find a show like this; mature, gripping, intelligent. It's also so ridiculously refreshing to find a high profile mature show which doesn't throw in sex scenes just because it can- retaining its artistic integrity.
  65. Jun 1, 2014
    Yeah It's that good. 150 characters worthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  66. May 30, 2014
    Breaking Bad is an incredible experience and a T.V show worth watching more than any other. Honestly, it is a hugely interesting and captivating. Bryan Cranston's acting was purely mesmerizing and he rightfully made Breaking Bad one of the most popular shows on T.V!

"Fulminated Mercury and a bit of chemistry magic."
  67. May 26, 2014
    This is my favourite show at the moment. I love the writing and dialogue, and Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor as well. I'm on season 2 episode 9 on Netflix. You should definitely check this show out.
  68. May 24, 2014
    I finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially byI finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially by Bryan Cranston, is some of the best I've ever seen, and his character development over the 5 seasons is amazing to watch. A must watch! One of the only series I have continued to think about and dwell on even after I've finished watching it all. Expand
  69. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  70. May 13, 2014
    Normally when I hear about the next big American TV show, I think "oh no, here we go again". But you know what, I am absolutely stunned by how incredible Breaking Bad truly is. Superb actors and an incredible story from start to finish. My only regret is not being able to rate Breaking Bad above 10.
  71. May 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV series of all time. Fantastic story, all episodes are extraordinary. Love this series, and am a big fan. Breaking Bad is **** Epic series!!!!!!!!!!
  72. May 7, 2014
    This was the best show on TV, in my life time (and I am in my mid 40's), EVER. Really...really recommend it to everyone. A real "page turner". Deserves much more then a 9.4 user rating.
  73. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  74. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitternessWhen you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  75. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  76. Apr 4, 2014
    Breaking bad is very phenomenal. Works quite the emotional side while tense. The final ta getting electrifying! Which by the way in all the episodes from beginning to end!
  77. Mar 31, 2014
    This is the best show I have ever watched and I believe this series will be the classic of our generation. Credit to the writers, the producers and most importantly the actors, especially Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul. If you haven't watched it WATCH IT !!!!!
  78. Mar 27, 2014
    Im not going to deny that Breaking Bad can be slowly some times and some things it´s not very realistic (little things really), but you can't avoid fell in love of some characters and their struggles. Breaking bad never fails me in a shocking-final-unexpected moment and it´s a show worth watching.
  79. Mar 27, 2014
    Primera temporada fue buena, tuvo momentos muy buenos, un Walter White que reciene entra a este mundo criminal con la fabricacion de la metanfetamina azul, pese a tener solo 7 episodios en su haber por culpa de la huelga de guionistas en 2007, esta temporada sirve para que conozcas a los protagonistas y por supuesto a Walter y a Jesse, y las situaciones en que se meten.
  80. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, itAbsolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  81. Mar 26, 2014
    Without question the best show that's ever been on TV - prove me wrong. I'm sure Dexter's Michael C. Hall watched the finale and said "Oh **** so that's how you do it"

82. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there areA victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  83. Mar 20, 2014
    I finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialogI finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialog and long silent shots of scenery. I don't know who's out there running the conspiracy, but I've seen some great shows and this is not one of them: proceed with caution. Expand
  84. Mar 18, 2014
    O Breaking Bad, you are but a splendid concoction of shameless grit, dark wit, phenomenal acting, dynamic male AND female characters, fast paced action and pensive, subtle reflection, all simmering together in the same deliciously debauched stew.
  85. Mar 13, 2014
    Without a doubt a cult classic. A show that has both humour and dark, shocking, unexpected moments in perfect timing. Fantastic actors, interesting characters with real personalities. Very few series come close to this. Deserves no less than a 10.
  86. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the mostSeemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the most part and is far to slow to even consider watching again as a whole. Expand
  87. Feb 24, 2014
    I did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, notI did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, not sure which I'd take to desert isle. Expand
  88. Feb 21, 2014
    The story is engaging, the acting is fantastic and makes the characters seem so authentic and genuine. The audience is drawn to be sympathetic for Walt's predicament, but we can't condone the terrible choices he's had to make. The series produces an intense feeling of suspense and unease because it just never lets up. Just when you thought that one problem was solved, another problem arises.
  89. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  90. Feb 16, 2014
    It's just a beautiful show, and I fell in love with it from the very first series. It's just a masterpiece! More there is nothing to say. Unequivocally the best TV series ever.
  91. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Deserves 10 out of 10 easily. It got better and better in every season. Unfortunately, after you watch this show, you may want to cook your meth. Walter White may be your next role model.
  92. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  93. Jan 29, 2014
    It's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is aIt's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is a meth cook for christ's sake, and he gets **** out when he comes home to dinner late? come on.) Just about every character's a prick or a douchebag and extremely hatable. Quite honestly I don't know if it's a good or bad thing for others; for me I had to take a break every now and then because I wanted to kick most of these people throughout the series, with the exception of Jesse. It's a title my dad picked up though, and the last time he watched anything on TV is the Super Bowl or some obscure 70's show from his childhood, so that's saying a lot. Expand
  94. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  95. Jan 24, 2014
    I really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he'sI really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he's really talented, it's quite amazing the way all the parts of the plot get together in the end, it's hands down one of the best TV series ever made. I could watch Breaking Bad over and over again and wouldn't get bored. It deserves a incredible 10/10. Expand
  96. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the Sopranos, Dexter and Lost in my opinion!! Expand
  97. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.
  98. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried outFour months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  99. Jan 19, 2014
    Possibly the best TV series I've seen so far; great cast, great storyline and overall a great show. Hopefully the spin-off series will live up to expectations... Definitely worth checking out on Netflix!
  100. Jan 19, 2014
    Simply put, fantastic.

I've seen all seasons and am now feeling serious withdrawal symptoms. It's a depressing fact knowing that it's finished and won't ever see another new episode. This is testament to it's sheer brilliance though. Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that
    Simply put, fantastic.

Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that he's up there for good, as one of the greats.

Watch this now.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.