• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  3. Apr 11, 2014
    A guy wants to make money by making meth to fund his cancer treatment and help his family.
    OK, so what's the problem? It forces on you the other cast's (boring) problems when you don't care and only want to see Walter make drug money!
  4. Apr 4, 2014
    Breaking bad is very phenomenal. Works quite the emotional side while tense. The final ta getting electrifying! Which by the way in all the episodes from beginning to end!
  5. Mar 31, 2014
    This is the best show I have ever watched and I believe this series will be the classic of our generation. Credit to the writers, the producers and most importantly the actors, especially Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul. If you haven't watched it WATCH IT !!!!!
  6. Mar 27, 2014
    Im not going to deny that Breaking Bad can be slowly some times and some things it´s not very realistic (little things really), but you can't avoid fell in love of some characters and their struggles. Breaking bad never fails me in a shocking-final-unexpected moment and it´s a show worth watching.
  7. Mar 27, 2014
    Primera temporada fue buena, tuvo momentos muy buenos, un Walter White que reciene entra a este mundo criminal con la fabricacion de la metanfetamina azul, pese a tener solo 7 episodios en su haber por culpa de la huelga de guionistas en 2007, esta temporada sirve para que conozcas a los protagonistas y por supuesto a Walter y a Jesse, y las situaciones en que se meten.
  8. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  9. Mar 26, 2014
    Without question the best show that's ever been on TV - prove me wrong. I'm sure Dexter's Michael C. Hall watched the finale and said "Oh **** so that's how you do it"

10. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  11. Mar 20, 2014
    I finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialog and long silent shots of scenery. I don't know who's out there running the conspiracy, but I've seen some great shows and this is not one of them: proceed with caution. Expand
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    O Breaking Bad, you are but a splendid concoction of shameless grit, dark wit, phenomenal acting, dynamic male AND female characters, fast paced action and pensive, subtle reflection, all simmering together in the same deliciously debauched stew.
  13. Mar 13, 2014
    Without a doubt a cult classic. A show that has both humour and dark, shocking, unexpected moments in perfect timing. Fantastic actors, interesting characters with real personalities. Very few series come close to this. Deserves no less than a 10.
  14. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the most part and is far to slow to even consider watching again as a whole. Expand
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    I did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, not sure which I'd take to desert isle. Expand
  16. Feb 21, 2014
    The story is engaging, the acting is fantastic and makes the characters seem so authentic and genuine. The audience is drawn to be sympathetic for Walt's predicament, but we can't condone the terrible choices he's had to make. The series produces an intense feeling of suspense and unease because it just never lets up. Just when you thought that one problem was solved, another problem arises.
  17. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  18. Feb 16, 2014
    It's just a beautiful show, and I fell in love with it from the very first series. It's just a masterpiece! More there is nothing to say. Unequivocally the best TV series ever.
  19. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Deserves 10 out of 10 easily. It got better and better in every season. Unfortunately, after you watch this show, you may want to cook your meth. Walter White may be your next role model.
  20. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  21. Jan 31, 2014
    Este fue un buen comienzo para una serie que iba a hacer historia en la television por cable, porque tuvo buenos personajes, un buen guion, un buen argumento y brillantes actuaciones, especialmente la de Aaron Paul y la de Bryan Cranston.
  22. Jan 29, 2014
    It's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is a meth cook for christ's sake, and he gets **** out when he comes home to dinner late? come on.) Just about every character's a prick or a douchebag and extremely hatable. Quite honestly I don't know if it's a good or bad thing for others; for me I had to take a break every now and then because I wanted to kick most of these people throughout the series, with the exception of Jesse. It's a title my dad picked up though, and the last time he watched anything on TV is the Super Bowl or some obscure 70's show from his childhood, so that's saying a lot. Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  24. Jan 24, 2014
    I really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he's really talented, it's quite amazing the way all the parts of the plot get together in the end, it's hands down one of the best TV series ever made. I could watch Breaking Bad over and over again and wouldn't get bored. It deserves a incredible 10/10. Expand
  25. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the Sopranos, Dexter and Lost in my opinion!! Expand
  26. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.
  27. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  28. Jan 19, 2014
    Possibly the best TV series I've seen so far; great cast, great storyline and overall a great show. Hopefully the spin-off series will live up to expectations... Definitely worth checking out on Netflix!
  29. Jan 19, 2014
    Simply put, fantastic.

I've seen all seasons and am now feeling serious withdrawal symptoms. It's a depressing fact knowing that it's finished and won't ever see another new episode. This is testament to it's sheer brilliance though.

Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that
    he's up there for good, as one of the greats.

Watch this now.
  30. Jan 18, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show out there. Great acting, great sound effects and one of the greatest stories made into a TV show because it is like no other similar to it out there unlike for example detective type TV shows.
  31. Jan 17, 2014
    i dont know why some disliked the show. it was soo much personal that one got to sync soo much with the characters that it felt like a real life story being retold on tv. I hoe there is a very dramatic spinoff that will continue the magic
  32. Jan 15, 2014
    There's no escaping it. This is simply the best show ever put on TV. Whilst many may find Season One to be quite slow, Seasons Two through Five entirely justify the hype.
  33. Jan 10, 2014
    It's ridiculous to me that anyone could give this a poor rating. This is by far one of the greatest TV shows ever made. The character development is incredible. Everyone who gave this a negative review is just trying to draw attention to themselves and pretend they are above it. Pure ludicrous. This show ALMOST trumps the Sopranos.
  34. Jan 8, 2014
    This show is good, but i seriously don't see how people are saying it is amazing, YET. As of right now season 1 is good, hopefully it gets better judging how people will kill anyone who on this show.
    The only good actor is the main character everyone is sub par... i actually laughed a few times at some bad acting (first episode mainly) The thing that bothers me most is that i don't
    care about any character except walt.. if they all died next episode i would not even care. Expand
  35. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  36. Jan 1, 2014
    The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry. That only leaves room for improvement in future seasons. Having just finished season 1 on Netflix for the first time, I can say I'm hooked and look forward to the following four seasons of what I hear is one of the best on TV in recent years. Expand
  37. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  38. Dec 23, 2013
    Bryan Cranston is a hell of an actor! His performance is absolutely amazing! Best show ever! Since first episode I knew it was going to be good but it turned to be a fantastic, amazing show! This is a must-see!
  39. Dec 22, 2013
    One of the BEST shows I've ever watched. I don't get into television much but this was worth following. The first TV show I ever felt sad when a character died and where I was on the edge of my seat.

I wish my memory could be wiped so I could re-live watching it again.

Overall, the BEST television show I ever saw and definitely surpasses shows like Dexter and The Walking Dead.
  40. Dec 20, 2013
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However any flaws present here are overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  41. Dec 13, 2013
    I recently have gotten into binge watching TV Series. I was heavily into Sons of Anarchy and when I got to the end I was so thirsty to watch something else that, after reading all of the great reviews I decided on Breaking Bad.

I just finished the first season and it was pretty good. But I have to say after all the great reviews and comments everywhere I am a bit disappointed. Like I
    said the show is pretty good but it certainly doesn't captivate me nearly as much as other shows I've watched.

The drug-dealing side of the story is very interesting and the family side is totally depressing but I don't really feel realism from either side. One note is that all I've watched is season one (only 7 Episodes) so hopefully it picks up dramatically from here and I have to come back and amend this review. I really want to be able to enjoy this show as much as I did "Sons"
  42. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season starts Breaking Bad off with a bang, and the intentionally dark nature and constant plot twists make you want to keep watching. Cranston and Paul make a perfectly contrasting pair, and as a result watching the smallest arguments between them is entertaining.
  43. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10
  44. Dec 7, 2013
    Absolute BEST TV show of all time. The show is a work of art and will be known forever. It is the Mona Lisa of the t.v. industry. It is full of symbolism and deep meaning. Should be watched by anyone who enjoy good television work.
  45. Dec 6, 2013
    the best. a masterpiece. WORDLESS. if you wanna see a good mix between story, action, drama and humor in a single show: you MUST see Breaking Bad!!!!!
  46. Nov 30, 2013
    Nunca antes hemos visto un programa como este en television, me atrapo desde el primer episodio, realmente si nunca vieron esto les digo que le den una oportunidad
  47. Nov 26, 2013
    Brilliant all around! What more can be said?! The ONLY character that DIDN'T meet their demise but SHOULD'VE...Skyler White. I just hope Saul can bring a little taste of BB with his show! He hasn't missed so far!
  48. Nov 26, 2013
    I didn't get into this show until Season 5 part 2 almost came around, but I wish I got into it sooner, this is easily the greatest live-action show I've ever seen.
  49. Nov 23, 2013
    I've started watch the show after all the hype it's has been receiving, and I got to say, I understand why. The story is pure intensity, the protagonist is probably the most interesting character I've seen in television. One of the only problems I can think of as of right now, is that there is some really annoying characters.
  50. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  51. Nov 21, 2013
    I love this show. Just watched the finale about a week ago. I can safely say that Breaking Bad is one of the greatest TV shows ever. Great acting, writing... everything is good! I have to admit, first season might seem boring to some, but it will get better, MUCH better!
  52. Nov 12, 2013
    Foi com certeza, a temporada mais fraca da série, de início você não enxerga a genialidade dela, mas depois você percebe o quanto ela foi importante para o desenvolvimento da série. Breaking Bad uma obra prima.
  53. Nov 11, 2013
    The Breaking Bad series ended last summer after five ten-rated seasons. It was so artistically crafted and written that when I tuned into the series from the first episode, I couldn't "put it down". Creator Vince Gilligan's oft-stated observation that pitching the idea of an older high school teacher becoming a meth drug kingpin was way off the wall, along with his being surprised that it ever got franchised is a true assessment, but it did take off, at first probably due to the broad appeal to younger American baby boomers who are reaching the peak of their years of adventure and risk and seeking something vicarious from Walt's insane and murderous conduct.

With that being said, the story then grows legs from the creative mind of Gilligan and writing staff who managed to develop characters, plots and edgy situations that Talking Bad's Chris Hardwick said he felt he needed therapy after viewing certain episodes. True that. Breaking Bad episodes time and again leave one with a very uneasy feeling. If you're seeking happy endings, and feel-good story lines, probably you should stick to CSI and Bones. If you want some kind of over the top, absurdly plotted and written stories try Sons of Anarchy or some other such pablum being fed as though it were real steak.

No, Breaking Bad has more grit, exposes more real world situations than is really comfortable to witness. To make this review short, Walt, after his cancer and meth lab exploration winds up in the end with all of the gruesome plot lines being tied together so while the ending is anything but "happy", it is satisfyingly well knotted by Gilligan. I cannot wait to see what this genius does next. He's so much more with it and better at telling a story than J.J. Abrams ever thought of being.

With Gilligan, as you view his craftsmanship in Breaking Bad, unfolds creative work that seems to know where it is going, rather than becoming "Lost" in it's own title, like "Lost" was. Gilligan has and keeps control of his story for five years without ever flinching and never seeming to give in to some outside financial pressure that would push him to extend the tale to absurd lengths just to keep ratings and an audience and a steady stream of contracts coming his way. That Gilligan respects the audience enough to tell the true story and the story enough to tell it true and then FINISH the story when the story is over, is most commendable and for that he in turn deserves respect as a true artist. He is the one who called the end the end, five years is enough. Tell the story and then the story is done. Kudos Mr. Gilligan. And what a kick-ass ending it was! For this and so many other reasons, Breaking Bad rates a full 10.9 as far as I'm concerned.
  54. Nov 9, 2013
    By far the greatest series to grace television. The story is impeccable, the actors are amazing and the characters within the series are now iconic. Watching this character go from high school chemistry teacher to drug kingpin is perfect. The transformation from Walter White to Heisenberg is some of the best television in history.

At first, Walt may seem like he is in over his
    head...but he is the one who knocks! 10/10! Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best series I have ever watched and I don't think anything can be as good as this. I've loved the series since the start and watched every episode but didn't get really hooked until the ending of season 1. great ending and great tv show... Heisenberg will never die Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    Simply put.. The Best TV show ever created.. the only possible show to beat it in those regards is Game of Thrones if you prefer fantasy.. But if you prefer to see the story of a man shoved to the breaking point by cancer and end up mixed with the drug cartel this is the show for you
  57. Nov 5, 2013
    Better than The Walking Dead. The story is fantastic and original and the writing is amazing. I've never than more engaged to characters in my life. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have fantastic chemistry on screen. I can't stop watching.
  58. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  59. Oct 24, 2013
    People are just stupid! STUPID! Someone tells them that a show is a hit or something and they start watching it. People used to find this show boring and slow, it was a cult show, but now everybody are watching it! I find Bryan Cranston amazing! He is so captivating! Young Aaron is quite good too. But the story-line? They try to make this show grounded to reality, when is so illogical and so film-ish, I just can't stand it. People clearly haven't heard of European cinema where the real gritty realism can be found! This is fake! You know you are watching a TV series.

Walter White and Bryan Cranston are the only reason anyone should watch this show! Nothing else! The title made me wanna continue with the show, because I can see the glory that awaits us soon after Walter truly breaks bad!

The acting is great, the direction is also great, but the plotting is stupid and illogical for a show that tries to be logical and real! What I am saying is that: The show isn't that bad, It's just isn't good either. It's just a show!
  60. Oct 19, 2013
    the first season of breaking bad is good but still has stories in the first season that did not need to be counted or are useless but even so this was a good season.
  61. Oct 18, 2013
    I watched this show from its humble roots until its huge finale. While I love this show, I can't honestly say I enjoyed it from head to toe. While the finale 3 seasons are beyond amazing, there were only bits and pieces of the first 2 years that I truly enjoyed (A Crazy Handful of Nothing being my longstanding favorite until season 4's "Crawlspace"). This is a truly great series, don't just pass it off if you don't like the earlier episodes. Expand
  62. Oct 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad misturas desespero e desonestidade e bota o espectador para se questionar, enquanto isso você sente medo, dó, nojo, ódio. Uma premissa angustiante que usa um vilão bonzinho, a pergunta ate quando? ate onde?
  63. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  64. Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just how significant that particular scene is to the story. I've never seen anything as masterful as Breaking Bad. Expand
  65. Oct 7, 2013
    Cinematically rendered, Breaking Bad deftly mixes elements of black comedy, psychological thriller and crime drama to cook up (pun intended) something wonderful driven by the terrifically engaging writing of Vince Gilligan & Co. and Bryan Cranston's mesmeric lead performance.
  66. Oct 2, 2013
    By far not the best season but it set things up so perfectly despite having the least amount of meat in the show. It stars Bryan Cranston as Walter H. White, a high school chemistry teacher who "breaks bad" with a former student Jesse Pinkman portrayed by Aaron Paul and we see them make and manufacture Crystal Meth this may sound off to someone who hasn't seen the show but I suggest you watch one episode and you will be hooked the writing is so tight, no pun intended and I haven't seen any thing like it since Dexter Season 4. 8/10. The Best TV Show I have ever seen. Expand
  67. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  68. Sep 30, 2013
    Great TV show, with well developed characters, and shocking things about human mentality. Walt is a great evil mastermind, who loves his family, but also developes a big love for his work and money, and this will give a basic point for a twistable story, which was a challenge successfully achieved by the creator. There were so many boring episodes, sometimes I think I would have just skipped them, but it was worth to see the better episodes. Expand
  69. Sep 30, 2013
    Best drug ever. Not meth, but Breaking Bad. One of the most intelligent drama's made to date. Some of the best acting and mostly flawless. On paper the storyline sounds cheesy but they've created something very special here which will be remembered by most people forever. Thank you to everyone who created this.
  70. Sep 30, 2013
    Breaking bad has to be one of the best [if not the best] TV series ever made, the writing is impeccable, ever single episode is perfectly paced, the characters are complete and well made, soundtrack is perfectly selected, and of course, the story is not only intriguing, it's addictive!

Totally buying whatever special edition full series box they come up with.
  71. Sep 25, 2013
    love the show, this season its bored for some people, but its a masterpiece, in this season you can see the major changes of Walter White, i love this show, its my favourite by far
  72. Sep 23, 2013
    Good god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, that is fine. But I can't fathom anybody walking away from this show saying that it isn't a top notch production. Expand
  73. Sep 22, 2013
    I love chemistry and I love criminal drama. What's there more to say? Breaking Bad is the only TV show I'll ever enjoy so much. Vince Gilligan is a genius and always brings the most unexpected.
  74. Sep 18, 2013
    The show has a slow beginning, but it finds it way mid-season....and never again missteps. Vince Gilligan understands his characters dilemma, his motivations, but he never begs us to sympathize. It's what makes the show addictive.
  75. Sep 18, 2013
    Stunning, funny, dark, thrilling, shocking, tense, touching, warm, deep, involving, enthralling, roller-coaster-ride of superb and unrivalled acting, writing, casting, soundtrack and cinematographical talent
  76. Sep 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. “Vince Gilligan’s” show Breaking Bad at first seemed far fetched, a high school chemistry teacher who begins cooking meth once he gets lung cancer. However, through jaw dropping plot twists, his enticing character development, unique story layout, and special effects he gets viewers to keep asking for more. The basis of the show is about Walter White, a chemistry teacher who is having a hard time working two jobs, dealing with a disabled son with another baby on the way, and has lung cancer. With the whole world seemingly crashing down on him you watch this once, regular father “Break Bad”, and become evil in order to in his eyes “help his family.”
    The layout of the show is very unique, and is one of the ways Vince Gilligan is able to keep his viewers guessing. Throughout the show there are series of flash forwards where you will see a glimpse of the future scenes. This technique is perfectly executed, and makes viewers try to piece together what is going to happen in the show. Although at the same time it does not spoil anything or allow viewers to know the future. An example of this technique being used is displayed right in the beginning of the first episode, where it shows the main character getting into a car accident in the middle of the desert with people lying dead in his van. The scene instantly grabs the viewers attention, and once they are brought back in time before the scene they want to watch to see how the show will get back to that scene. Another enjoyable feature to the show is that the past of the show is very important to know, and is referred to constantly. Though this may not seem like a big deal there are many shows that try and allow new watchers be able to pick up quickly. In Breaking Bad they make all of the time on the show important, and is not just filler so you need to watch from the beginning.
    In television shows the plot does not always hold a great significance though in Breaking Bad it is the backbone to why most people continue to watch. Vince Gilligan, and the other producers make sure by the end of each episode you are wanting more, and just waiting for next the next episode to air. Every episode seems to have a new twist, and a new reason to keep watching, although at the same time the storyline still adds up, and does not become bizarre or make you lose interest. In Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan is not afraid to kill of important characters which always leaves you in suspense as to what will happen next.
    Characters on a television show are the main part to a show, and if you can’t get your viewers to enjoy watching them then your show will fail. On Breaking Bad lead actor Bryan Cranston ”Walter White”, and partner in crime Aaron Paul “Jesse Pinkman” are great together. Watching these two go through this roller coaster of a show is just fun to watch. This has led to both of these actors into well deservingly winning, and being nominated for multiple Emmys. Breaking Bad takes advantage of all of its air time, and really develops all of its characters so you are able to relate to each one. Even though by the end of the show there are plenty of characters, each one has their own personality, and you really get to know everyone. This is another way Breaking Bad is able to create so many dramatic scenes because even if something happens to a side character it is still very important.
    Special effects are a normal in movies, and shows in this time period which can add an extra depth, to the experience of watching the film. Although in many action filled movies or shows they become overused, and end up dumbing down a film. In Breaking Bad there are an appropriate amount of “special effect” filled scenes which adds another wow factor to the show. An example, was when Walter White, went to a drug dealers hide out an in order to seek revenge for his partner, ended up blowing up the building which really ended the season in a “bang”.
    Breaking Bad is a drama, thriller which is not intended to carry out pedagogic purpose although when reflecting on the show it does carry out a strong message. Seeing Walter White the main character fight so hard to provide a good life for his family. Then see his life change even more for the worst once he goes down a bad path shows that doing any similar illegal activities is never worth it. Also throughout the series it depicts pretty realistic scenarios of what peoples life are like that are druggies. A memorable example from the show was when Walter was looking to find his partner “Jesse” and he walked through a meth house. Seeing all of the people just strung out on drugs did not really give off a good message of what it is like to meth or any similar drugs.
    Watching Breaking Bad has been quite an experience watching, and in a few weeks the show will be over at its fifth season. If you are interested in a show that will attach you, and at the same time constantly leave you hanging, not knowing what to expect, then Breaking Bad is for you. The acting in this series will have you thinking that everyone in the show Is real, and you are just watching the best reality television show ever. Vince Gilligan will now always have a problem when releasing any future work, as it will be compared to Breaking Bad, which seems impossible to match. There is no wonder as to why Breaking Bad has been rated a 9.4/10 by over two-hundred fifty thousand people on IMDB as it is easily one of the best shows ever made.
  77. Sep 18, 2013
    Brilliant...just brilliant. It's so rare that any TV drama doesn't lose me after a couple of episodes with characters and actions you just can't believe in. This just makes you want more and more. It's simply the best TV series I've ever seen. The character development is brilliant...the plot holds together... every episode is a wonderful and disturbing surprise. Brilliant storytelling... just brilliant. Expand
  78. Sep 16, 2013
    Hands down one of the best ever show in TV history. The series gets better and better every season. Every single character showed how worthy he was of that role. Shoutouts to Bryan and Aaron.
  79. Sep 7, 2013
    Best show ever. it captures you from the outset and throughout. You get so attached to the characters it's just awesome. It's a really great show i don't even know why it's not that popular.
  80. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  81. Sep 6, 2013
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!!
  82. Sep 6, 2013
    Without a doubt the best show on TV. The spot on acting and separate but intertwining storylines keep it fresh and unpredictable. This will be the biggest finale ever.
  83. Sep 5, 2013
    I am barely on Season three and I am pretty much addicted to this show, I mean the story is interesting and keeps you on your toes during every episode. You think you know what's going to happen and then BAM! You weren't expecting this, you're excited for the next episode to play and through out the entire series...you're just like "Oh my god, this is...oh my god."...I recommend you watch this.
  84. Sep 3, 2013
    I put this show on through the first episode twice. When I finally decided to watch the show it ended up being literally one of the greatest shows I've ever seen!!! I'm so glad I was able to experience this show!!!!
  85. Aug 30, 2013
    Not as great as the other seasons but despite that the show is brilliant, the performances of the whole cast but specially of Cranston and Paul are excellent, the directing and the writing are also really good. The beginning of one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
  86. Aug 30, 2013
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best TV dramas I have ever seen. It stars the almighty Bryan Cranston as Walter White and the uncanny Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. This show mixes suspense with fantastic acting oh so perfectly that it's almost unable to describe. The farther you get into the show, the more gritty this fantastic storyline unveils to be. I know AMC is known for there great dramas, such as The Walking Dead or Mad Men, but this show is by far the best. Expand
  87. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  88. Aug 23, 2013
    AMC's Breaking Bad is a terrific show, that has won an unprecedented number of awards, but it's one that is extremely difficult to get into. The show is centered on High School chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who discovers he's dying from cancer. Determined not to leave his family with nothing, White teams up with his former student and local drug dealer, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in an attempt to process and sell crystal meth. Producing the drug isn't the hard part, it's distributing it while staying out of trouble. That's easier said than done, especially when your wife is on your case 24/7, and your brother in-law is a DEA agent.

This show is terrific and worth every second I've spent watching it, but I almost missed out. The pilot episode was not a strong one, in fact, many fans of the show have called it the worst episode of the entire series. If you can make it passed that, the first season isn't much better. The first season is extremely dark and depressing, focusing mainly on Walt's illness and the effect it has on his family. It really wasn't easy to watch, especially if you've like me, and have had family go through the same thing.

The good news is that after the depressing 7 episode first season, the show gets much much better. The network or the producers had to have to seen the same thing that everyone saw and the attention of future episodes is centered around Walt and Jesse's growing business and the problems they have, including nosy family members, the DEA, seedy people looking for a taste, and of course rival dealers and gangs. The show really picks up in the second season and starts to evolve into the award winning crime drama it has become.

Bryan Cranston plays Walt and how good is he? He has won 3 Emmy's, and has been nominated every season the show has been on. The man he plays is so complicated that you really needed the very best actor you could find to play him. Walt White is a mess of emotions, concealed within a strong persona, it's this concealment that also helps to keep his conscience at bay, most of the time.

Jesse Pinkman is played by Aaron Paul who is also very good. Paul himself has been nominated for four Emmy's, winning twice, and will now and forever be required to call people Paul is a very good actor and does a great job playing a character who I find to be extremely annoying. Jesse is always managing to thing up, he's always putting them at risk by saying stupid things and doing stupid things. To be honest with you, I don't care much for the character, but the fact that the character, as opposed to the actor, annoys me, shows how strong his performances is.

Walt's family is also a main stay in the show, his wife Skyler (Anna Gunn), is as strong a housewife as I have ever seen. There is nothing Skyler White won't say and she is often Walt's morale compass, albeit one that is remarkably nosy and unappreciative. His son is played by newcomer R.J. Mitte whose handicapped angle is actually real. Mitte was born with cerebral palsy, which effects his speech and movements. He admits that he over-dramatizes the effects for the show, but he is still handicapped in real life and one hell of an inspirational person. Through it all he has never let anyone tell him he can't do anything and he has been open and upfront about his condition to anyone who has asked him about it. He's really an inspiration kid, who took a handicapped and used it to his advantage.

Finally, Walt's brother-in-law, DEA Agent, Hank Schrader (Dean Norris), brings much needed comic relief to a show that can be hard to watch sometimes. Besides being a great cop, Schrader has a personality that is larger than life. Even in the context of a show, where the cops are the bad guys, you find yourself drawn to Schrader and rooting him on.

Breaking Bad has won a total of 7 Emmy Awards and is one of the highest rated shows in cable history. The show most defiantly fits into the category of addictive television, but unlike it's neighboring show, The Walking Dead. The acting is as believable as it gets and the story just gets better and better every season. If you can make it through the slow and depressing first season, you will find an unbelievable show that may very well be one of the best that cable has ever seen.
  89. Aug 22, 2013
    Is there a Show that can remotely compete with Breaking Bad? No... let me spell that out for you: N, O... may I add a reinforcing word before and a few exclamation marks after: HELL NO!!! ...so... there you have it.
  90. Aug 19, 2013
    I could not like this television show more if I tried. I came to it late (during Season 4) and caught up by binge watching on Netflix. How simply compelling every part of it is.
  91. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  92. Aug 16, 2013
    The actors in Breaking Bad were spot on, I don't remember one bad actor in this show. The plot was very interesting and hard to keep your eyes away. 10/10
  93. Aug 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watched this show before, loved it. They have done a tremendous job fleshing out the characters. But as I watched the 5 seasons again and got utterly bored with Walter's indecisive character, I realized that they haven't really managed to do anything meaningful with the characters yet except when Walter kills Gus.

Hopefully they will involve Saul more in the sixth season and perhaps focus more on business ventures instead of all this drama.
  94. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  95. Aug 1, 2013
    This show is absolutely genius, there is a lot of plot twists that will let you blown away and you will be asking yourself what just happened and they are going to do with this problem, the character development is genius, especially the changes of Walter, Jesse, Hank and Gustavo during the show are just some of the best I've seen in years. This is the best TV show that has appeared in years.
  96. Jul 30, 2013
    I am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to cooking meth to helping his families finances. He gets the help of former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) who is a drug dealer himself and together they make the high quality meth. Together through good and bad they seem to look out for each other and oddly have a good friendship as the show goes on although it may be hard to see. This TV show is one of the all time greats and I am going to watch the first half of season five again before the next part of it comes out August 11th which will sadly be the last part of this epic series. Expand
  97. Jul 27, 2013
    An absolute thrilling show. It has the perfect mix of drama, suspense, and action that is realistic and makes sense to the show. If you haven't seen this show, you need to. It is a must-see. It is so hooking, after every episode you will be wanting more.
  98. Jul 27, 2013
    This is one of the best shows on television and if I'm being biased it is the best. The plot is wonderfully woven and ties LITERALLY everything together, without a single loose end. You'd be amazed at how many characters and occurrences come back to haunt these poor characters. Every action leads to more consequences, and no good deed (or bad) goes unpunished. This show isn't an action adventure, it's a pretty heavy and dark drama, with just enough comedy to not make it depressing. One thing you must know before watching this show though is that it takes its time, you have to let it move along and place some very necessary pieces that (as I mentioned before) will lead to some very interesting and occasionally intense places. However it isn't ever boring, there is always something going on to entertain you or keep your interest. The longer you watch it, the more you will invest into it, the more you invest into it the more you get out of it, and believe me by (at the very latest) season 3 you will start to really get some awesome stuff out of it.

All of this is not even mentioning this how has some of the best casting/acting, surpassing, or at the very least tying, even the likes of Game of Thrones. The character development is top-notch, especially for Walter White who, in case you didn't know SPOILER ALERT: goes from the protagonist to the antagonist. It also has some epic cinematography, and sound-design.

As my favorite show, I of course give it a 10 out of 10.
  99. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  100. Jul 24, 2013
    One of the best TV shows in the pass decade. I'm VERY surprised it's rating is only in the 70s. The critics eye and taste is completely different than what the average joe is looking for in a TV show.

The show is an intense, and have you at the edge of your seat through the whole season. When key events happens during the show, you feel them, you are emotionally invested and
    personally, it's hard to find a bad boring episode in Breaking Bad. Expand

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.